Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellecee
Stats: 210/201/145 ~ 5'7" ~ Large Frame ~ 34 y.o.
WOE: Low Carb / JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
New to JUDDD - Is this normal?

I am on my third DD, and I notice it is actually getting easier! The first DD was rough, but not horrid. I had a few moments in which I considered eating a child or two, but we all made it through unscathed. The UD following I had an appetite and the next DD was much easier. The second UD, however, I noticed I was not very hungry all day. I had to make an effort to eat - I even forgot to eat lunch! Now, today is my third DD and I feel as though this is super easy and I could do it forever! Is this normal?? A complete loss of appetite? It's kinda awesome.
Ellecee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Absolutely normal, though it seems to have hit you faster than it does for some. Enjoy!! Just remember to eat enough on your UDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Absolutely normal, though it seems to have hit you faster than it does for some. Enjoy!! Just remember to eat enough on your UDs.
Woohoo! Thanks for replying! So much easier than anything else I have done... Weight watchers, calorie counting, atkins... I love it!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Ellecee!! That's awesome that you are experiencing a decreased appetite so soon. I've been JUDDDing for months and it took me quite a while to get to "easy" DDs. Still hungry some DDs, but it's much, much easier now. I don't ever have a problem eating on UDs though. Be sure you don't eat too little on UDs, so you get the full benefits of this WOE.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
I'm still in induction, about 5 days left. My first DD was hard, but not too bad. Second was easier, third, easiest...I had a terrible dd last week due to waking up at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep which gave me 6 extra hours to suffer through....but yesterday's dd was fantastic. I've finally figured out my go-to menu to keep it easy. I don't remember who said it, but someone mentioned that it's easier to stick with a simple, constant menu instead of trying a million different, complicated recipes for dd's. That is the GOSPEL truth. I pretty much do two (or three) 50 cal protein shakes and a cabbage stir fry for dinner. I can make it italian/chinese/thai/coconut curry/mexican/etc..etc...very versatile and a HUGE amount of food that can be split into two meals. So I get 5 very satisfying meals a day for about 350 cals.

If you haven't already, get yourself some Glucomannan ASAP. It is a huge help.
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome and the advice, Cindy and Evie. I'm not sure how usual this is, but so far, I have found it easiest to fast 24 hours... Dinner to dinner. It's just easier for me to not eat all day...I stay pretty darn busy then I get to eat some of our normal dinner!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellecee View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the advice, Cindy and Evie. I'm not sure how usual this is, but so far, I have found it easiest to fast 24 hours... Dinner to dinner. It's just easier for me to not eat all day...I stay pretty darn busy then I get to eat some of our normal dinner!
That was what I did and then just switched to a bedtime snack. The less I eat on DD the less hungry I get. If I start eating I get hungry so I'm better off with a small bedtime snack with my medication since it must be taken with food.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Welcome & congrats on finding the JUDDD magic so quickly! Yep, its pretty normal to get appetite suppression although traditionally it can take about 2 weeks for the SIRTs to kick in - hence the 2 week "induction".
You'll find a way to handle your DDs that's best for you. For some its a complete fast, for others just liquids (tea, coffee, broth, etc) and some prefer to wait until dinner & eat all their DD cals then. Still others find that 20-30 cal mini-meals every hour all day long do the trick.
There are lots of ideas & tricks in the old DD daily threads.
I hope you stick around...I am 100% certain that a large part of my enjoyment and so-far success on this journey has been because of the JBs!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
I have been doing this for about 3 weeks and I am just now starting to feel the appetite suppression on my down days. Some have been good, some not so good. You lucky girl!
I got some ptersotilbene and that seems to be helping me.
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so glad you're loving it so much. You're really getting the appetite suppression early on, which is great! It took me at least a month until it was really easy, and I wasn't thinking about food all the time.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
How nice that JUDDD Magic is kicking in so fast for many of you! It can take a month or two for some.

Both patterns are normal because it does depend on the each individual's metabolism., hormones, and general state of health.

Speaking from experience it is very important to eat eat enough on UDs. Otherwise this becomes just another low-cal 'diet' and weight loss can stall or stop (and NSVs can go away) as the body gets more stressed.

We had a thread once about how, once the Magic is established, some of us found it very hard to remember whether it was UD or DD....and some of us did not have that problem at all
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD

JUDDD is an amazing WOE!
Glad you are here
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
That's awesome ellecee! It took me a good 5 weeks, maybe cuz I'm hypothyroid, idk? My son took only 2 -3 DDs, like you when he started. Sounds like this is going to be a great WOE, WOL for you. Glad you found it
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellecee View Post
I am on my third DD, and I notice it is actually getting easier! The first DD was rough, but not horrid. I had a few moments in which I considered eating a child or two, but we all made it through unscathed.
That gave me a chuckle! I know what you mean though. Sounds like you're doing great!
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Yes it seems to have gotten easier for me. I asked the same question when I first started. lol When I started I was pretty much doing soups and low cal shakes, but since I've been reading others posts' I have found so many more ideas of things I can have on DD's that are pretty filling! Best wishes to you, and I think you'll like it here.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote