Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
Easter DD! OH NO!

Hi everyone...quick question:

Just realized Easter is a DD for me. At that point I will be out of induction by a few days and would it be feasible for me to do a DD and then a MD then a reg UD for Easter? My family has a huge dinner every year and I really don't want to sit there munching on carrot sticks while everyone is feasting. NOT because I don't have the willpower, but because I have two fitness freaks for a brother/sister and I really don't want to tell anyone about my new woe. They will not understand/be judgmental (that fitness know-it-all gene...you know... ) and honestly I kind of want to remain a bit hush about this because it seems when I talk about new "diets" they always seem to fail. Call me superstitious, but it's always been that way. The only person (besides all of you wonderful jb's) that I talk to about this is my mother. She's rooting me on.

My MD will probably only consist of about 800-1000 cals or maybe less...heck if I can stand it I'll just do two DD's. I'm not sure I can though, so I'll plan for a MD and try to stick to a DD.

Will this change up ruin anything this early on?
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
People do it all the time and its fine. Don't try for 2 DD's beforehand as it doesn't work any better than a MD and there is no point torturing yourself for no reason. Just take you UD and DD calories and divide by 2 for your mid day and then you can have an UD on Easter.

P.S. I don't think anyone of us would dare question your willpower on Easter. IF they did, you could suggest they keep their DD which falls on Christmas Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You could always do 2 UDs in a row, too. Personally, I don't care for MDs very much. I'm in the same predicament but have an UD for Easter that I wish was a DD. We're flying out on vaca that day and I would love to start Monday (1st day of vaca) as an UD. Oh well...it IS only one day. We'll both figure it out!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yep, me too. Don't mess with 2 DDs. Like Elise said, it won't help. I know it's tempting. I've been puzzling about switching up too. I've got a birthday celebration next Wednesay, which is a DD, so I've got to get it to be an UD. I HATE MDs with a passion, but I'm toying with the idea of doing on Tuesday. I usually would do 2 UDs in a row, but I really need to get losses going this month, so I'm a bit scared. On the other hand, sometimes 2 UDs really kicks it into gear for me too. I think I'm over-thinking! Whatever, I know it'll be fine whatever I decide. This whole maneuver, of course, makes Easter a DD, but I think I'm okay with that, with no major foodish plans that day.

You, on the other hand, of course you need to eat at your family celebration! And yes, don't tell the know-it-alls until you have lost a lot and they won't be able to argue with your results!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

they will all want to know your secret soon, Evie!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Holidays are always UDs according to Dr. J. If you have to do two UDs in a row, there is nothing wrong with that. Life happens, JUDDD accomodates.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
If you go for a MD it is the 60% setting on the JUDDD calculator. I hate MDs personally. I think at this stage of the game I would fast till dinner and just enjoy. That is probably what will happen to my DD this Friday and what happened to it last Friday. Kinda like 2 weeks of 5:2 unintentionally.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
If you go for a MD it is the 60% setting on the JUDDD calculator. I hate MDs personally. I think at this stage of the game I would fast till dinner and just enjoy. That is probably what will happen to my DD this Friday and what happened to it last Friday. Kinda like 2 weeks of 5:2 unintentionally.
Me, too. MDs yuck, IMO! I am thinking of fasting until dinner on my DDs while at Disney. It's better than a free for all every day for 6 days.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
Thanks for all the feedback ladies. I might try to fast until dinner instead of doing two full UD's...definitely not wanting to do that just yet...I'm at the end of one now and I feel ugh. As hungry as I am on DD's sometimes, it sure beats feeling bloated and full. Go figure.
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
You will actually find in a short time that you don't get overly full on UDs anymore. I used to think it was so decadent. Now, I have to count every calorie just to make sure I have enough for dinner!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Holidays are always UDs according to Dr. J. If you have to do two UDs in a row, there is nothing wrong with that. Life happens, JUDDD accomodates.
In a nutshell!

My JUDDD journey has been a bit chaotic and I've often done 2 UDs in a row. As long as you don't do UUADs (Up up and away days) and you follow with a good DD and get back to rotations asap, you should be fine.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I am thinking of fasting until dinner on my DDs while at Disney. It's better than a free for all every day for 6 days.
This is what I'm thinking about doing as well. Or maybe doing 1 meal per day as we may be doing a character breakfast and I can't fast during that! I may offend my relatives by not eating their food, but I can't offend Mickey Mouse! Sacrilege!

We went to DL in December for work and I SERIOUSLY. PIGGED. OUT!! Honestly if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it. Course, this trend continued through the rest of the month and I hit Jan 1 heavier than I've ever been, non-pregnant. Ergo I'm here JUDDDing with you fine folks. My point? I am desperately seeking the mental tools to not let April's return to DL completely derail me! I'm getting there though.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
This is what I'm thinking about doing as well. Or maybe doing 1 meal per day as we may be doing a character breakfast and I can't fast during that! I may offend my relatives by not eating their food, but I can't offend Mickey Mouse! Sacrilege!

We went to DL in December for work and I SERIOUSLY. PIGGED. OUT!! Honestly if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it. Course, this trend continued through the rest of the month and I hit Jan 1 heavier than I've ever been, non-pregnant. Ergo I'm here JUDDDing with you fine folks. My point? I am desperately seeking the mental tools to not let April's return to DL completely derail me! I'm getting there though.
I believe the SIRTs will help you with this. I've had 3 vacations since JUDDDing and the appetite suppression really helped and kept my eating to a miminum, not even a dull roar.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I know exactly how you feel about not wanting know it all family members to know about diets. I'm in the same predicament with Easter being a DD. My Cousin will be in town Saturday so I wanted to be able to go out to eat with her as well. I may do two UD in a row but it will mess up my numbers for March but heck I've only lost 3 pounds so far anyway so I guess it's not a big deal! LOL
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I would not have a DD on a holiday! Why torture yourself! Have a DD the day after and 2 UD or a MD before. I am going to an Easter buffet at a really nice restaurant. I'm not paying $40 for a DD meal LOL I probably will have an DD the day before and figure out my rotation that way or just do a 5:2 week. No biggie. It's only one day!! Enjoy!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote