Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Adi, Babs, Oui:
Did we ever decide if its ok to have a small amount of FF yogurt, cottage cheese or sour cream with the potatoes or does this defeat the purpose of the potato only days?
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Yennie,
Many UD's I did a modified potato day using a baked potato, lowfat cottage cheese and salsa and still had good results. I usually had the cottage cheese at lunch and then had another baked potato with FF sour cream and salsa for dinner. I still had a regular egg breakfast but I eat very early since I get up at 5am.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Babs,
How long did you hack for? I've yet to do more than 1 potato day in a row but I'm contemplating really buckling down and hacking this upcoming week. It will be easier as DH is back on swings so when I get home from work, I only have to worry about dinner for me & the monkey.
Anyway - my point...after hacking did you see a bounce when you went back to regular rotations? I was also considering a Stillman's hack but I'm afraid if I do that, I'll see a major bounce when I go back to eating normally on JUDDD rotations which would kinda defeat the purpose of the hack.
Thanks!!!
Hi Yennie, I hope I remember the details correctly. I know that the first time I did the potato hack it was difficult for me and the only way I made it 6? days was the weight loss that I was getting from the potato days was significant. I did regain some of the weight but I was craving everything after the hack that wasn't potatoes. The second time I did the hack I had the opposite reaction. I didn't mind the potato days and when I went off the hack I had a reduced appetite and was much more in control of my eating. I went back to JUDDD with potato DD's with no weight gain. My plan at this point was to maintain and it has worked well with the addition of potatoes into my regular diet. I prefer JUDDD for weight loss but I was stuck at 150-148 pounds and wanted to get to goal quicker and this worked. (Also, I felt a little off the first time I did the hack but now on all potato days I feel good. Not sure what changed but it took a little while to adapt to the hack physically for me).

Thanks Quizoid and Adi for posting your findings! It has been very helpful.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I have found that I can add non-starchy vegetables to the potatoes in the evenings and I have started many mornings with an egg. I would avoid fat or sugar. The more I modified the potato hack the less weight I lost. I use malt vinegar and hot sauce to flavour my potatoes when I am eating them for weight loss and I think the sugar in the hot sauce might have slowed down my weight loss when I used too much. Not sure though. I hope it works for you.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

This is an UD and I roasted a chicken and when I started to get my serving out I could not. The smell was making me sick. SO DH had roasted chicken and I baked a potato with LF cottage chees, a little chili, some salsa and a little shredded cheese. Strange as I have always liked chicken especially roasted. Taste buds have changed since incorporating potato DD's I guess.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Adi, this is a great information thread!! We haven't done potatoes in a while. You remind me how much DH & I really loved them before. Maybe I need to find some little yukons(I like those the best)! Our local grocery store is closed right now due to the loss of their roof during the last storm! I have to drive 35 miles to the nearest grocer. So, I wait until I really need more than a couple of things. It sounds like you've really settled into maintenance! I'm getting there.........
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow about the roof. We have sure had some bad winds the past month or so. Right now it is blowing so hard it is funny to watch the chickens try to walk away from it with all of their feathers blowing away from their bodies.
I am stocking up on potatoes when I go to Bryan although my local store has been having some specials on the Yukon golds and I grab a few bags. I am storing potatoes in the frig so they don't sprout.
DH is tgrying to tell me the potatoes are making him gain weight. Hmmmm. Maybe it is the beer, popcorn and chips and cheetoes. Along with the potatoes.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 03-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Wow about the roof. We have sure had some bad winds the past month or so. Right now it is blowing so hard it is funny to watch the chickens try to walk away from it with all of their feathers blowing away from their bodies.
I am stocking up on potatoes when I go to Bryan although my local store has been having some specials on the Yukon golds and I grab a few bags. I am storing potatoes in the frig so they don't sprout.
DH is tgrying to tell me the potatoes are making him gain weight. Hmmmm. Maybe it is the beer, popcorn and chips and cheetoes. Along with the potatoes.

Does DH JUDDD?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

Does DH JUDDD?
no he just eats whatever
Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Funny about our DH's! Mine thinks he can lose weight while eating a jar of peanut butter a week(or more!)!!

Our local store usually had yukons on sale. I can't wait until they re-open! HEB or Walmart are proud of theirs(too pricey!).
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote