Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Cute DD find (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799322-cute-dd-find.html)

Librarygirl 03-12-2013 04:55 PM

Cute DD find

I found the most adorable little lunch boxes and accessories.:love: Bento boxes. I had never heard of them until I saw them advertised on FB. Japanese lunch boxes that look like sushi, with little tiny compartments for your food. There's also little tiny sauce cups with pretty colorful lids and little egg holders that shape boiled eggs into little shapes.:heart: I can't get over how absolutely precious it is, lol. I was so taken with them that I had the lunch box, accessories, bag etc in my "cart" and realized it was going to be nearly 100.00. :doh: I am just coveting them for now.:clap:

leonak 03-12-2013 05:12 PM

$100 for a lunch box :stars:

You are way out there with the money!

I want something "more" for a $100 bill!

All I can say is WOW - you must be rolling in the dough!

Enjoy your purchase! :cool:

ouizoid 03-12-2013 05:23 PM

You can buy the cheap version at cost plus!

Flutter 03-12-2013 05:50 PM

hehe! I have friends that find all kinds of various little bento boxes/accessories for their preschool/grade school kids' lunches. I am just not that organized. They are VERY cute, though!

KeirasMom 03-12-2013 05:56 PM

Keira has a couple of Bento-like boxes I got at Target for like $8 per set. They are in the exercise equipment section, where water bottles and lunch boxes are.

bacon bit 03-12-2013 06:12 PM

I have so many bento boxes and all of the egg molds and rice molds, too. I have picks and cupcake liners and everything. They are the tiniest boxes, but they hold so much. Whenever I eat hardcore LC, I go from the biggest box down to the tiniest box, and everything looks so cute when there's more. When all I have are some eggs and meat, it doesn't look so pretty. But I had so much fun making lunches. I love bentos!

Librarygirl 03-12-2013 06:23 PM

No I didn't buy it lol. I wish I were rolling in the dough. The monbento box is 36.00, the little sauce cups were 5.00, cuttlery 9.00, bag, 10.00...it was adding up, plus it was a european site so I'm not sure how much it was. I didn't purchase any of it though.

zipp2play 03-13-2013 05:41 AM

How cute!!!!

calichris 03-13-2013 10:21 AM

I've always wanted a bento box! Thanks everyone for the lower priced suggestions.

Zib 03-13-2013 10:47 AM

It is wonderful to have pretty pieces to dine with. If I was still working I'd definitely have a Bento Box. Just love them and all the little accessories. For at home, I have bought some pretty small plates and salad plates. They help me keep my portions under control and make me happy.

b_lou_who 03-13-2013 11:18 AM

There are dozens of different ones at my local asian markets for under $10 each. Cutesy cartoony for smaller servings

Yam-Yam 03-14-2013 10:11 AM

Just checked out the Bento Boxes on Amazon. How cute! I love the two-tiered Panda one. It's only $19.00.

b_lou_who 03-14-2013 10:54 AM

I'm falling in love the the bento thermos containers so a hot or cold lunch can stay that way. The Ms and Mr Zojirushi are adorable. I always bring food with me to work and events. Now I want little piggy egg molds, flower vege cutters, and the works. So embarrassingly greedy.

As a related aside, I have a mini lunch crockpot for work that has a stainless insert with rubbery lid for transporting lunch from fridge to office. I just pop the container into the little housing, screw the lid on, plug in, and it heats up refrigerator temperature food to hot by lunchtime. No odor of cooking food in office either. The inner lid pops up when food gets warm, and the stainless bowl just lifts out to eat from. I bought a couple of extra inserts so I can prepack for a few work days ahead and throw the dirty bowl in the dishwasher if I need to.