Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Returning from lurking (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799315-returning-lurking.html)

Jbinme 03-12-2013 04:21 PM

Returning from lurking

I've been reading but haven't posted for a long time. I haven't done JUDDD for a couple months now.
I've been trying to figure out what's going to work for me. I was having a horrible time sleeping and then I started binging again. I have started sleeping better most of the time but I feel more tired during the day than I have in a long time. I'm planning to get into the doctor soon to recheck my thyroid and see if anything else is going on.
I miss JUDDD and BUDDs:)
I'm going to try for a dd tomorrow. I really need to get off about 11 lbs. my clothes are all tight. I feel blah. I would love to feel that JUDDD 'magic' again.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who shares their struggles and success's. it helps others more than you know!

Lori_:) 03-12-2013 04:27 PM

Hi Janette! :hiya:

Hope you decide to come back and join us! I've only been here since the beginning of March, but I've already come to feel like its "home". Everyone is so awesome and supportive and I love JUDDD!!

Hope to see you around!

Lori

KeirasMom 03-12-2013 04:27 PM

I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago. I'm glad you're back, and hope the binge monster gets caged. Definitely get that thyroid checked out! :hugs:

mom23kids 03-12-2013 04:29 PM

Have you had your vitamin D level checked? A deciciency could cause fatigue.

Carly 03-12-2013 04:33 PM

:hugs: and :heart:

Librarygirl 03-12-2013 04:51 PM

Welcome back!! I hope you get everything figured out and join us soon!

Jbinme 03-12-2013 04:53 PM

I have tears. You all are so sweet! I do think something is off. I just don't feel myself.
Last year at this time I felt better than I ever have. Now I almost feel the worst I ever have.

Jbinme 03-12-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16312329)
Have you had your vitamin D level checked? A deciciency could cause fatigue.

I've never had it checked but I'll ask the dr to check it when I go in.

LoCarbGal 03-12-2013 05:05 PM

Welcome back Janette! How lovely to see your smiling face again. I'm so sorry you're feeling yucko. I hope a little time on JUDDD will have you feeling well again, and NOT bring back the sleeping issues.

mom23kids 03-12-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 16312386)
I've never had it checked but I'll ask the dr to check it when I go in.

They can check it with a simple.blood test and if your level is low they can give you an rx for a strong D vitamin. Deficiencies are really common and can cause fatigue, depression, moodiness etc. It's easy to fix though :)

Jbinme 03-12-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16312433)
They can check it with a simple.blood test and if your level is low they can give you an rx for a strong D vitamin. Deficiencies are really common and can cause fatigue, depression, moodiness etc. It's easy to fix though :)

Thank you! That sounds like me.

Flutter 03-12-2013 06:55 PM

Awww, I'm sorry you're feeling blucky!! I'm glad you have an appt with your doc schedule to talk about the fatigue. Huge :hugs: to you and so glad you decided to start posting again! :heart:

JMBM 03-12-2013 07:13 PM

:welcome:back Janette. I'm fairly new to JUDDD and loving it. I had lost some weight last year, however about 12 lbs had crept back on and my clothes also started feeling tight so I can relate on the blah feeling when your clothes get tight.:stars: Hope you feel better!:hugs:

sloppail 03-12-2013 07:57 PM

I really hope you feel better soon...(((HUGS))) JUDDD will help :) I just started but I am really liking it so far :)

Kim

Yennie 03-12-2013 08:04 PM

Second the Vit D recommendation. I didn't realize it was testable until I was pregnant & they checked it. I was low, which shocked me as I had it checked in September and I'm outside A LOT during the summer (and, bad me, don't really use sunscreen).
Anyway, its pretty easy to do and a relatively easy fix. I hope, whatever it does turn out to be, you get to the bottom of it quickly & easily.
Welcome back!

tobelowcarber 03-13-2013 02:59 AM

Welcome back, Janette!

gotsomeold 03-13-2013 06:02 AM

Hey Janette and welcome back!

SO sorry you are feeling unwell. I third the Vit D check - it can make a huge difference. But of course get everything checked. :hugs: We want you healthy and happy!!!!!

zipp2play 03-13-2013 06:37 AM

:welcome: back! You have been missed. Please update us once you have seen the DR!

WWC 03-13-2013 07:16 AM

I can relate.........

I've been lurking as well and had been using JUDDD in the fall. I also had a difficult time with binging and went off plan. Last week I read about the 5/2 Fasting plan and am trying that as an attempt to get myself back together. I am using Monday and Thursday as fasting days (eating about 400 cal worth of protein) and eating "sensibly" on the other days. So far it has been much, much easier for me. My mindset has been more manageable and I'm happy with it for now. Good luck as you try and get back on what works for you! :hugs:

sterlinggirl 03-13-2013 07:37 AM

Glad to hear you have come out of the shadows.. Janette :heart: Many time i have lurked to. My mind needed to focus on my own sanity.. :) .. Many times i just come to read.. Need to see that others deal with the same issues.. :hugs: I do pray that your Doc Visit sheds some light on what is off in your body..Prayers for healing~ :hugs:

SlimNana 03-13-2013 07:55 AM

:hiya: Janette!

It's nice to see your smile around here again. :)

I'm in agreement that low Vit. D may be possible cause of your fatigue. I also tend to run low myself over the winter and suffer with SAD (seasonal affect disorder), so I usually need mega doses of the stuff a couple times a year. Hope you find relief soon!

Also, since switching from JUDDD to 5:2 my energy level and over all well-being, peace of mind & emotional stability is much better = no more binging episodes! :up:

Best wishes for your good health!
:hugs: Ann

Kissa 03-13-2013 08:43 AM

Janette how lovely to have you back. Please keep us posted on how your tests go, it is so horrid feeling blah all the time. I really hope they can get to the bottom of the problem.

Perhaps you can get some of that 'Old Juddd Magic that you knew so well,' back.

b_lou_who 03-13-2013 09:10 AM

Welcome back home.
One of the nicest things about intermittent fasting for me is that even if you aren't doing rotations regularly, it fits right back into daily life with no notice, no special needs, no "I have to wait until Mondays", or other nonsense that I used to feed myself. And being able to start a new "diet" phase with an up day is awfully pain free :)

Jbinme 03-13-2013 10:41 AM

So far I feel hungry this morning. I didn't really eat a lot yesterday but I'm sure it was enough. I just have to work myself back into DDs. Maybe I'll start this week with the 5:2 and see if it does anything weight wise. For those of you doing 5:2, do you still get the JUDDD calm(magic)?

I'll be going to the dr in April. I'm considering trying 5 htp. Has anyone tried that before?

Thank you for all your thoughts. I feel so lucky to 'know' such nice people!

KeirasMom 03-13-2013 10:52 AM

I am doing 5:2 for maintenance, and haven't noticed any difference in my level of calm, not that I'm all that calm anyway. :rofl:

I tried 5HTP years ago for mood, and it didn't do anything for me, but I also don't notice anything from Pterostilbene or Resveratrol. I think I may metabolize supplements differently than others do. :dunno:

Kissa 03-13-2013 01:28 PM

My JUDDD magic hasn't left me I am happy to say. I take the Pterostilbene, 2 50g tablets on DDs.

Luv2Eat 03-13-2013 09:14 PM

:hugs: Janette

Vit D deficiencies are pretty common. I used to be low in Vit D and started taking it and my mood improves when I take it regularly. An easy thing to do is pick some up at the grocery, try it and see if you notice an improvement.

Hope you find out how to fix this issue and get to feeling better soon :console:

hot-in-texas 03-13-2013 09:50 PM

Welcome back to juddd and IF Janette and WW! I hope you both start to feel as good as possible and get everything back on track asap! I'm glad you are here!:hugs:

Jbinme 03-14-2013 04:25 AM

Thank you for your suggestions ladies:hugs:

Do you know then if its safe to take vitamin D supplement without knowing for sure that its low? Can you get TOO much? My appt isn't until April but if its safe then I'll buy some and give it a try. Any recommendation for brand and amount? I see its in my multi vitamin and the hair/nail supplement I take but it doesn't seem like much.
Thank You

I'm already starting to feel happier because the sun has been out for a few days now. This was a very hard winter for me. I hope someday we can move somewhere that has sun many more days! Even when there is sun here there is smog a lot of the time.:sick:

Carly 03-14-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 16315183)
Thank you for your suggestions ladies:hugs:

Do you know then if its safe to take vitamin D supplement without knowing for sure that its low? Can you get TOO much? My appt isn't until April but if its safe then I'll buy some and give it a try. Any recommendation for brand and amount? I see its in my multi vitamin and the hair/nail supplement I take but it doesn't seem like much.
Thank You

I'm already starting to feel happier because the sun has been out for a few days now. This was a very hard winter for me. I hope someday we can move somewhere that has sun many more days! Even when there is sun here there is smog a lot of the time.:sick:

I'm pretty sure if you take the dose recommended on the Vitamin D bottle you will be fine. If you are still deficient you with just get a higher dose from your MD maybe in the form of a rx.