Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Considering JUDDD:Q's what do your losses avg?

Hi,
I been doing LC for about 6 weeks now.I do 6 days under 20g. and eat a free meal every Saturday afternoon(date night) and then usually fast on Sunday.I have lost 30lbs (approx 60 percent) of my weight in this amt. of time.So its been VERY successfulI dont think im very metabolically challenged..I lose 2-4lbs a week even with my high carb meal day.
My problem,I dont like eating LC all the time.I miss yogurt,oatmeal,fruit,and dare I say it bread

I do like to SEE losses though,VERY slow just doesnt work for this impatient girl,sooo I would continue to push my way through LC if its the only way to get good results but I'd much rather JUDDD..so do you like it?does it work well?
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Losses on JUDDD are all over the place. I lost really well with about 3 pounds per week average for the first several months, and lost over 100 pounds with JUDDD over a little more than a year. Others lose much more slowly. I really don't know that you can get a fair idea from just personal testimonies, but you may want to check out the daily weigh-in thread. Be sure to read the tops or bottoms of people's posts. I, for instance, still post there daily, but I'm in maintenance, so my losses are few and far between.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
I am a newbie with only 1 week in and LOVE it...and yes get to have bread, fruit and choc...i lost over 90 pds a few yrs ago on lc, but then gained it back...i feel like I can do JUDDD for a lifetime..I lost 7 pds this past week and am so glad i started this woe...i know everyone is different, but it is a go for me....good luck
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: October 1st 2012
That is a brilliant loss in 6 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
so do you like it?
I am loving JUDDD because I can still eat real food. Every other diet I have done I had to cut out SO much I felt restricted and deprived and would give up not long after starting.

Quote:
does it work well?
I have lost just over 23 lb so far on JUDDD so it's definitely working for me. I'm not going to lie, I would absolutely love my losses to be more per month (I am averaging about 4.5 lb a month)... I would like to lose around 6-8 lb but it has not happened since my very first month. I mentioned this in another post but I often find myself moaning about my slow/small losses but remind myself how much I enjoy eating real food with treats if I feel like it. I was losing about 10 lb a month on a food replacement diet, no food allowed other than powdered food with a small amount of veg and I could never do it again so will kick myself up the butt when I find myself being annoyed/down at the slower losses.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I lost very slowly but after nine months I was at my first goal weight. If I had not started JUDDD I would have still weighed 180 rather than 144. I am now 140 and decided to try for 135. I consider myself in maintenance and if I lose anymore it will be nice but not necessary.
I lost an average of one pound per week although one month I did not lose anything. It varies from person to person. And I lost my weight eating anything I wanted. Carrot cake and ice cream included.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Juddd is really more doable long term than lc(in my opinion), but your losses might be slower than you have experienced with LC. You could actually maintain for the rest of your life doing juddd. It is a positive WOL imo. Good luck w/what you decide!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Agree with what everyone posted above - I'm averaging around 1.5 pounds per week, a bit less now actually as I took 2 weeks "off", basically, and was quite pleased to just maintain during those 2 weeks. But leaving off those 2 weeks, if we don't "count" them, I'm at about 1.4-1.5# per week. Super fast? No. Totally enjoyable and sustainable for a lifetime? Yes, I think so.
Its the easiest diet I've ever done. Love it.
Best of luck with your decisions!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good that you're checking it out, but as others have said...each of us is different...for instance, I lost 14 pounds the first month on JUDDD, eight the next month. and each month is different. I've lost a total of 40 pounds since starting in June, but had a stall for a few months...I like to think my body is adjusting to its new weight.

I try to remind folks there is more to JUDDD and intermittent fasting that simple weight loss although that is why most of us have adopted this woe. As you learn about it, you'll find the energy level goes up, up and away. You'll want to do more and find more time to do it. There's also a longevity issue that is a definite plus....the healthy woe has helped a lot of folks stop medications as their bodies heal themselves....these are just a few of the benefits of this woe. You also need to check out the NSV- non-scale victories thread to see how folks are looking at themselves.

I was low carbing for years and found it was not sustainable, for me, over long periods of time....lose 10-15 pounds, gain it back, but with JUDDD, it is a lifetime woe that I can live with...maybe I'm not as restricted as a lot of folks, but I'm much older and I'm happy with the slow go and will be on this path a loooooong time. And, yep, I find my weight loss is happier with the lower carb lifestyle.

Good luck to you, whichever woe you decide upon....

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I lost about 1.5 to 2 pounds/week. That was with a vaycay/extended eating frenzy every six weeks to two months.

Like Mary and many others, for me the extra benefits to JUDDD are: maintenance is unbelievably easy and pleasant, and during/after weight loss my health is vastly improved.

I lost weight many times in the past (never as much as with JUDDD) and over time I always gained it back. Six months into maintenance, not a pound has sneaked back.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-12-2013 at 03:23 AM..
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Most months I lost 8-10 pounds. One month about 11, but one month that included a vacation less than 5. I lost 64+ with juddd in less than a year and I loved every minute of it. JUDDD is so sustainable. I totally love maintenance as well.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance

I think the more important question to ask is JUDDD sustainable for the rest of your life? Is eating lc? With a 95% fail rate for long term weight loss success, dieters have the odds stacked against them (an amazing book to read that goes further into this is Rethinking Thin by Gina Kolata). The reality is, losing the weight is the easy part and you can do it with every single plan represented on this site. The hard part is being content with the plan you follow, for maintenance. Only you can answer that. For me, I started with a low carb plan and lost weight very quickly. But then I started to resent the food restrictions. When I asked myself if lc was something I could do for the rest of my life (hopefully 40+ more years), the answer was NO. That's when I found JUDDD and I can now answer that question with yes, JUDDD/IF is something I can incorporate into my life from now on.

Benefits of JUDDD:
-slow, steady weight loss averaging 2-10 pounds a month
-NO food restrictions
-you only 'diet' every other day/half of the month (and still lose at a steady pace)
-emerging research is coming out showing the health benefits of IF, including longevity of.life, decrease in diseases etc. Browse through the posts in this section and you'll find first hand accounts of JUDDD helping people with medical problems
-JUDDD Buds: you will not find a more more supportive group of people, than the people doing JUDDD on this forum

My stats- I started losing weight with a general low carb diet (following Jorge Cruises book). I quickly lost 10lbs, stalled and gained 3 back. I realized lc wasn't for me. I started JUDDD on November 7th, right before all the holiday eating started. I have lost 27.5lbs with JUDDD (34.5lbs total). That included taking a break from tbe plan during the week of Christmas and taking a maintenance break for most of February. I'm now in my maintenance range and want to lose 4 more vanity pounds before transitioning into permanent maintenance.

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-12-2013 at 06:44 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I'm a JUDDD newbie, but I love it so far! I was doing LC and switched to JUDDD on March 1st. I'm down 2.5 on JUDDD so far. Like everyone else has said, it's the way it fits into real life that is the best part for me! If I only lose a couple pounds a month, so be it. I look forward to DD's! The first week I kind of sabotaged myself with eating too much junk on UD's. I think that was an "I'm free, I'm free" response after being LC! This week I'm much more calm and rational in my food choices.

All the JUDDD BUDS are fabulous! Come on board Kim...you will love it here!!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm a JUDDD newbie, but I love it so far! I was doing LC and switched to JUDDD on March 1st. I'm down 2.5 on JUDDD so far. Like everyone else has said, it's the way it fits into real life that is the best part for me! If I only lose a couple pounds a month, so be it. I look forward to DD's! The first week I kind of sabotaged myself with eating too much junk on UD's. I think that was an "I'm free, I'm free" response after being LC! This week I'm much more calm and rational in my food choices.

All the JUDDD BUDS are fabulous! Come on board Kim...you will love it here!!

Lori
Thanks Lori-
I think I will be joining you all.I Love how the scale moves downward almost everyday on LC but I just cant be happy eating that way long term.I know the scale is apt to bounce up before going down again and I am not looking forward to that!Jumping in to JUDDD today
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
You're in a great place!!
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
YAY Kim! I look forward to watching your continued progress on JUDDD!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Hi Kim
Great answers so far from the JUDDD Budds!

I just wanted to add that my version of food heaven is fresh crusty bread with lots of butter and a smear of Marmite. For me, lc was purgatory - and I gained weight !

Then I found JUDDD and, since September, have steadily lost 20lbs while enjoying muesli for breakfast, glasses of wine at the weekends and plenty of Marmite on toast.

I have been sidetracked into non-JUDDDing vacations, weddings and celebrations and amazingly maintained my weight until I could resume rotations, when the weight would immediately start to drop again at the rate of about 1lb a week - which is good for a sedentary 60-year-old!

In other words, for me JUDDD has been painless and successful. Once established, it's incredibly forgiving when you can't stick to it for a short period.

You tailor JUDDD to fit your own personal needs. The only prescription is the UD, DD calorie guides - and there's a generous spread of DD options to suit your lifestyle.

And it's true about the support on this forum. The JUDDD Budds are a lovely bunch!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
I am probably one of the weirdos here. I actually started doing this as I read and watched videos on all the health benefits of this woe. I don't get on the scale and my only dd are WMF. This forum has incredible support. Amazing people having huge losses! I jump on here daily and read the encouragement everybody so freely gives . Lots of time invested and it seems whether we are here to shed pounds or not we are all part of a great and fun team! It sounds like you will loose well based on your past results too.
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Welcome Kim...you are with a great group....they have helped me soooooooo much and I am so excited about JUDDD as i know i can do this for life and not gain the pounds back again....sigh....so glad to have you here
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Thanks Lori-
I think I will be joining you all.I Love how the scale moves downward almost everyday on LC but I just cant be happy eating that way long term.I know the scale is apt to bounce up before going down again and I am not looking forward to that!Jumping in to JUDDD today

Start by going to Dr. Js website and use the calulator to find your UD/DD calories (but starting out ignore the dd ones and just aim for 500 calories on dds until you get comfortable with the woe). Start the plan on an UD to get you off to a good start. If you are abandoning lc and transitioning to carby food, you will see a bounce but don't panic! That's supposed to happen and after a few DDs the carb bounce will disappear I think.most of us came from low carb plans and were able to transition to JUDDD with minimaL fuss.

A note about weighing-as someone else mentioned, the scale is NOT linear with JUDDD. Instead, for the most part it's a series of bounces and wooshes And there are times when your weigh in will make you I've had bounces after DDs and wooshes after UDs lol. The important thing is to look at the bigger picture and notice the overall downward trend. For me personally, I love looking at everyone's beginning of month weigh ins and then their last weigh in of the month. That's when you get a clearer idea of the JUDDD magic And bounces and wooshes can be several pounds in either direction, especially when you just starting out. They do seem to calm down a bit the longer you do JUDDD.

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-12-2013 at 08:47 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #20

[QUOTE=Flossyliz;16311293]Hi Kim
Great answers so far from the JUDDD Budds!

I just wanted to add that my version of food heaven is fresh crusty bread with lots of butter and a smear of Marmite. For me, lc was purgatory - and I gained weight !

Then I found JUDDD and, since September, have steadily lost 20lbs while enjoying muesli for breakfast, glasses of wine at the weekends and plenty of Marmite on toast.
[QUOTE]

It's a DD and I have a lovely French baguette at home just screaming for butter and Marmite. Gee thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
[quote=KeirasMom;16311456][QUOTE=Flossyliz;16311293]
Quote:

It's a DD and I have a lovely French baguette at home just screaming for butter and Marmite. Gee thanks!
Sorry Dawn. I hope you enjoy it tomorrow!
If it's any consolation, I'm reading this on a DD and now I'm fantasizing about your baguette!!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 03-13-2013 at 05:38 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Kim! Glad you've jumped aboard, and I hope you'll really love it like I do. LC was amazing for me too, until I stalled. I've lost as fast over time with JUDDD as I did with Atkins, AND I get to eat what I want now. I'll never say a bad word against LC of any kind, but I do love my JUDDD!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone-
thanks for the Welcome.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #24

[quote=Flossyliz;16313170][quote=KeirasMom;16311456]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post

Sorry Dawn. I hope you enjoy it tomorrow!
If it's any consolation, I'm reading this on a DD and now I'm fantasizing about your baguette!!
Typical UD--now I don't want it.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Kim!!! Don't look at my stats!!! I am enjoying this WOE tremendously, but my losses are not great, compared to many others. It really depends on how low you go on your DDs, and also eating enough on your UDs. Most importantly, it is, as everyone else has said, a WOE that can fit into your life forever.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
You know, the one thing I always forget to mention until I'm reminded...once you're in the groove, everything, and I mean everything, tastes sooooooo good; whether it's up or down day foods. It really does seem the taste buds wake up and just can't stop savoring every bite.

Just a last minute thought....I think we already have your convinced....maybe some others are lurking and thinking of joining all the great JUDDD BUDDDs. (which is on a par with my favorite things...I couldn't have done it without them.)
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote