Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   "... then just stay fat" ... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799213-then-just-stay-fat.html)

vanilla_latte 03-11-2013 11:38 AM

"... then just stay fat" ...

... a little book by Shannon Sorrels. Cute, sarcastic and spoke to my heart. :laugh: :cry: :annoyed: I think the book was free when I got it the other day, it's showing as $4.95 (Kindle price) now.

I said in a post somewhere that I needed to force JUDDD to work for me like it has in the past if 5:2 didn't seem like it was going to. It didn't as today I weighed a pound more than my January beginning weight. So, after reading a few pages of the book, I realized that I need to make JUDDD work for me. Not exactly a revelation as I know I absolutely need to count my UD calories and make sure I'm getting them all in. DDs are rarely a problem.

I seem to do JUDDD naturally and it has worked for me before. Not to maintenance, by any means, but enough for me to know that it can work for me. I do appreciate my JB's and how you've listened to my frustrations and have lent an ear or given advice. :hugs:

Carry on ... :D

TryingJudd 03-11-2013 12:06 PM

You WILL wrestle this thing to the ground and down!!! This time next year we will both still be on the JUDDD boards but wrangling with maintenance issues darn it!

mom23kids 03-11-2013 12:16 PM

:hugs:

Kimmietoo 03-11-2013 12:18 PM

Nilla, you are wise. You tried something new that didn't work as you had hoped. You gave it a fair time trial. Getting back to basics, doing what works for you, good for you! Over time I think we all find ways to optimize our JUDDD experience. A combination of finding the right calorie ratios, the right rotation schedule, eating times, exercise times, supplements, foods and favorite recipes all help us to tweak the program and make it work best for us individually. I love hearing about everyone's tips and ideas!

Kimmie

vanilla_latte 03-11-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16309593)
You WILL wrestle this thing to the ground and down!!! This time next year we will both still be on the JUDDD boards but wrangling with maintenance issues darn it!

Oh, I would love for us to be where Dawn, Kissa, Carly, and several others are wrangling with those issues!

Mom and Kimmie - :hugs:

Carly 03-11-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 16309631)
Oh, I would love for us to be where Dawn, Kissa, Carly, and several others are wrangling with those issues!

But we will be here cheering as you win the battle each step of the way!

Kimmietoo 03-11-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16309717)

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

KeirasMom 03-11-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16309717)

Exactly this ^^^! I have faith in you 'Nilla! :hugs:

LoCarbGal 03-11-2013 01:45 PM

You can do this Nilla! :hugs:

sterlinggirl 03-11-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16309775)
Exactly this ^^^! I have faith in you 'Nilla! :hugs:

:up::heart: Hang in there Nilla, We are all pulling for you,, It just takes one pound at a time, no matter what,, dotn give up the good fight~ Lov ya~

Librarygirl 03-11-2013 05:50 PM

I'm in this ride with you!!!! I've been tweaking almost since beginning this WOE and now it's time to relax, rotate, reduce and rejoice! I think Kissa has a signature with something along those lines. ;) It's taken me months to adapt, be ready to exercise and just more ready to do it the right way. Let's cheer each other on!:shake::high5:

mojocat 03-11-2013 06:35 PM

Mmm Vanilla your DP is so delish - I just want to drink that latte.

But yes, JUDDD is up/down for me in many ways. I have to force it to work because what is my alternative? If I can just get it around my stupid, thick head that an UD is a normal day then I will be fine.

Yam-Yam 03-11-2013 06:57 PM

Just downloaded it to my Kindle! Be back later for a book report. :)

Beeb 03-11-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 16309631)

And I would love to be able to do JUDDD again! :cry: It IS the best WOE and I never felt better!:cry: You can do this Nilla, I know you can....keep on keeping on and do the plan so it can work it's magic for you! :hugs::high5:

Flutter 03-12-2013 05:19 AM

:love::heart::hugs:

YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!

:heart::heart::heart:

jiggles 03-12-2013 06:39 AM

Thanks for mentioning this book. I read the reviews and am going to download it. Some people thought it was mean spirited but honestly, I think maybe it will be the kick in the butt I need. Sometimes I feel like I just need someone to say something like that to me.

Flossyliz 03-12-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmietoo (Post 16309611)
Nilla, you are wise. You tried something new that didn't work as you had hoped. You gave it a fair time trial. Getting back to basics, doing what works for you, good for you! Over time I think we all find ways to optimize our JUDDD experience. A combination of finding the right calorie ratios, the right rotation schedule, eating times, exercise times, supplements, foods and favorite recipes all help us to tweak the program and make it work best for us individually. I love hearing about everyone's tips and ideas!

Very wise, Kimmie! :goodpost:

:hiya: Nilla, lovely to see you emerging from this end of the tunnel.
You can do this! :high5:

vanilla_latte 03-12-2013 11:20 AM

Holy cow, you JB's are THE best!!! Thank you all so much for the encouragement!

I'm still reading the book and there are some things that will go against the grain for some on some of the medical stuff. But, she acknowledges that there are indeed people who do truly have health issues, just that most people don't. I have literally LOL'd at some of the things she writes because it's so darn TRUE! I had bought the Beck Diet Solution, but honestly, I have heard more of Shannon's "voice" in my head saying .. "excuses, excuses!!" when I'm tempted. It's a fun read and it does address some of the excuses I know I've used through the years.

Love and hugs to all of you, my little JB Cheerleaders and Teammates!

sorenkkg 03-12-2013 11:56 AM

Love it! You WILL make this work! I feel the same way... some days I waver, but the other option is staying fat, which I don't want to do. So, I *will* make this work, and you will too!
S.

vanilla_latte 03-12-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16311880)
Love it! You WILL make this work! I feel the same way... some days I waver, but the other option is staying fat, which I don't want to do. So, I *will* make this work, and you will too!
S.

This!!!! Yep, I wanna be a loser with ya! :laugh:

Kissa 03-12-2013 01:31 PM

I am late to this my lovely 'Nilla, thread killa'!

You just don't know how happy I was to read this. You have been working this but maybe there were things you could have done and didn't. I don't know, only you know, but it seems this has struck a chord with you.

We are all in this journey together and the fact that some of us have had an 'easy' ride just means we care all the more for those who have struggled.

You will do this, and we are here to support you, always.

Librarygirl 03-12-2013 03:56 PM

I bought the book and thought it was funny where she said you are probably not "allergic to gluten". :D

jiggles 03-13-2013 07:12 AM

Downloaded this book last night. Didn't get too far into it but so far I like it. She's blunt but there are a lot of things I can hear myself saying "Yup, I do that or I think that way". Can't wait to read more of it tonight.

I know I really need to cut down on the junk food I eat. I've always known that but just can't seem to do it (I LOVE sweets of all kinds, especially chocolate). Well, if I can't change that then I'll just stay fat and have to accept that, which I'm not willing to do. So, something's got to change and it has to be me.

vanilla_latte 03-13-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16312086)
I am late to this my lovely 'Nilla, thread killa'!

You just don't know how happy I was to read this. You have been working this but maybe there were things you could have done and didn't. I don't know, only you know, but it seems this has struck a chord with you.

We are all in this journey together and the fact that some of us have had an 'easy' ride just means we care all the more for those who have struggled.

You will do this, and we are here to support you, always.

Oh my, my. You have no idea how that just made my day! :hugs: Even the "'Nilla, thread killa'" part. :laugh: Yep, when reading her book (not done yet, but I am loving it!), I was almost embarrassed at how many things she hit on that I could attest to. :o And if the weight does begin coming off, then I'll have to admit it never was JUDDD failing me. It was me failing me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16312389)
I bought the book and thought it was funny where she said you are probably not "allergic to gluten". :D

:laugh: Even though I know there are some that are, it's not the norm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggles (Post 16313415)
Downloaded this book last night. Didn't get too far into it but so far I like it. She's blunt but there are a lot of things I can hear myself saying "Yup, I do that or I think that way". Can't wait to read more of it tonight.

I know I really need to cut down on the junk food I eat. I've always known that but just can't seem to do it (I LOVE sweets of all kinds, especially chocolate). Well, if I can't change that then I'll just stay fat and have to accept that, which I'm not willing to do. So, something's got to change and it has to be me.

She's very blunt, but man does she hit home with a lot of things she says. And what I bolded ... amen. :high5:

So glad I mentioned this book and hope it helps some of us. Sometimes the best little jewels are tucked away in the corner. :D

Carly 03-13-2013 05:53 PM

I just ordered the paper back to bring to Florida. I don't like to bring my IPad on the beach or to the pool. I have Kate Harrison's book on my IPad to finish and I just started the 3rd book in the 50 Shades series, so I'll also read this one in Florida. I only really get to enjoy reading on vacation.

vanilla_latte 03-14-2013 11:00 AM

I hope you like it. She's point blank and dead on with a lot of things. I just finished the "Shades" series and am just about finished with "The Hunger Games". I'm always behind on reading or watching movies. :o

Kissa 03-14-2013 12:13 PM

I have downloaded this to my kindle, and i think it is a valuable diet and exercise tool. Thanks for pointing it out Vanilla.

vanilla_latte 03-14-2013 12:18 PM

You're welcome .. and to think I started to not even mention that little book!!

Jbinme 03-14-2013 12:25 PM

Ok. Sounds like something I need to read! Thank you for sharing this info.
You are going to succeed! I can hear it in your posts��

sorenkkg 03-14-2013 12:38 PM

Ok, i bought it. :) Love my JBs!!!
S.