Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Waiting until Midnight to eat.. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799149-waiting-until-midnight-eat.html)

RomanTakesOver 03-10-2013 05:34 PM

Waiting until Midnight to eat..

Now.. this is where I failed last time I tried this diet. I get so hungry throughout the day during a down day, and I stare at the clock and wait until midnight so I can pig out because technically it would be the next day which would be an up day. I tend to over eat around that time and just eat more during the day and I will end up gaining weight. Does any of guys go through this or went through this? What did you do about it? :dunno:

Potaty 03-10-2013 06:10 PM

I would probably drink some hot tea or some broth and go to bed early

mom23kids 03-10-2013 06:14 PM

I think every one of us thought about doing this at the beginning lol. However, for most of us who have done JUDDD for a while, things settle down and you wake up after dds not feeling hungry. I usually don't eat before 10am on my uds :)

Yennie 03-10-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potaty (Post 16308148)
I would probably drink some hot tea or some broth and go to bed early

:goodpost: This.

KeirasMom 03-10-2013 07:29 PM

It sort of defeats the purpose of the UD/DD rotation if you eat at midnight, at least with any regularity. You want your DD to last approximately 36 hours. So you eat your UD dinner at 7:00 p.m., for example, then consume all your DD calories the following day, then don't eat again until the following UD breakfast at 7:00 a.m. (or whenever). If you can get yourself into a pattern like this, it will really help with the hunger and the weight loss.

svenskamae 03-10-2013 07:32 PM

If I make lean protein--chicken breast, boiled eggs, boiled shrimp, etc.--the main thing I eat on a down day, then I don't get so hungry that I have to start my up day at midnight.

And if I eat healthy foods, including adequate protein and non-starchy veggies, on my up day, then the down day that follows is easier to get through.

I also don't start eating anything other than tea or coffee with a little half and half early in the day, holding out until at least noon to start eating solid food on my DD. If I'm very hungry late at night, I eat a Tablespoon of coconut butter, which seems filling but doesn't add a lot of calories.

I know that JUDDD is all about calorie cycling and that JUDDD doesn't care what you eat. But I think my body cares what it's fed, and it's much less likely to complain of extreme hunger if I make nutritious choices on both my up days and my down days.

gotsomeold 03-11-2013 04:54 AM

What Dawn said. Over time - months literally - I came to look at DDs being 36 hours long and UDs being 12 hours - and allocate my DD calories to include UD breakfast.

What Svenska said. If you are starving on DDs, look for foods that trigger hunger. If you find yourself hungry or obsessing on food an hour after you eat then what you ate probably caused a blood glucose spike. Try to isolate those foods and remove them from your menu until DDs are easier. Then revisit those foods in small amounts and one at a time. Hopefully your body will have adjusted and you will be able to eat them again. But, you may find some foods don't work well with your personal metabolism.

I suggest you also try upping your DD calories even up to lose/maintain levels on Dr J's website. Concentrate on getting your DDs comfortable then begin reducing them.

If you are used to eating at midnight, then your body expects to be fed at midnight. Expect to feel hunger then (just as many of us feel hunger around our usual mealtimes).

:hugs: Life really is a learning experience.

Kissa 03-11-2013 04:58 AM

:goodpost: as always Nancy, miss you lady x

RomanTakesOver 03-11-2013 05:28 AM

Thank you guys! :) I really had no idea about the 36 hour part, well I know now. I am currently in a college campus so I have no kitchen to prepare up my own things but I will stick to some fruit today and maybe have some protein shake and maybe that will fill me up some. Thanks everyone! :hugs:

Flossyliz 03-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16308284)
If I make lean protein--chicken breast, boiled eggs, boiled shrimp, etc.--the main thing I eat on a down day, then I don't get so hungry that I have to start my up day at midnight.

And if I eat healthy foods, including adequate protein and non-starchy veggies, on my up day, then the down day that follows is easier to get through.

I also don't start eating anything other than tea or coffee with a little half and half early in the day, holding out until at least noon to start eating solid food on my DD. If I'm very hungry late at night, I eat a Tablespoon of coconut butter, which seems filling but doesn't add a lot of calories.

I know that JUDDD is all about calorie cycling and that JUDDD doesn't care what you eat. But I think my body cares what it's fed, and it's much less likely to complain of extreme hunger if I make nutritious choices on both my up days and my down days.

:goodpost:

To me, UDs start after a sleep - which is why some people go to bed early on DDs! :laugh:

I'm not a breakfast person, even on UDs and I try to not eat till dinner time on DDs. If I feel hungry, it usually passes with a glass of water. If it becomes insistent, a cup of black tea with skim milk will keep me going for several hours. I'd never have believed that possible before I did JUDDD!

Everyone is different and you've to find what works for you but, as JUDDD is ultimately about eating less, you need to make sure your body is well-nourished.

hot-in-texas 03-11-2013 11:28 AM

yes, just to reiterate what everyone said, midnight until breakfast the next morning are still part of your DD hours, should not eat during that time :) I think that thought does cross everyon'es mind though :)

Evie1978 03-11-2013 11:44 AM

I'm never hungry on my UD's until about 10 or 11 am. It's so weird, you'd think I'd be famished!

LoCarbGal 03-11-2013 01:57 PM

I'm usually not hungry on UDs early either. Sometimes I can make it through to dinner with just my coffee/HWC. Seems insane, and it took me months to get to this point.

About midnight....it's so funny you asked this, because my mom has just been JUDDDing for a week now, and she asked me that very question the other night! Of course I explained the whole 36 hour thing to her, and she was good and waited. It's so interesting watching her do this, and remembering how I felt in the beginning. I just feel so completely different about it all now. JUDDD calm is real!