Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I had an original goal of 135lbs but decided to call goal last month at 141 after getting weight loss fatigue and stalling. Then, in transitioning to maintenance I lost another 3 pounds without trying. And last week, after being in maintenance for several weeks, I decided to go back into weight loss mode with JUDDD, had two dds so far and have lost another 2 lbs I'm now a pound away from my original goal and now want to get closer to 130lbs for my maintenance range. Calling goal and taking a break worked great for me and gave me the breather I needed. It may work well for you to do the same?
Thank you for sharing...this gives me hope - when you said transitioning to maintenance do you mean 5:2 as your maintenance or something else?

...and well done

Last edited by lola5k; 03-11-2013 at 01:58 PM..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8
Quote:
I had an original goal of 135lbs but decided to call goal last month at 141 after getting weight loss fatigue and stalling. Then, in transitioning to maintenance I lost another 3 pounds without trying. And last week, after being in maintenance for several weeks, I decided to go back into weight loss mode with JUDDD, had two dds so far and have lost another 2 lbs I'm now a pound away from my original goal and now want to get closer to 130lbs for my maintenance range. Calling goal and taking a break worked great for me and gave me the breather I needed. It may work well for you to do the same?
You've done great with your loss of over 30 lbs. since Nov! I remember being able to do that too in those good old days prior to turning 35. Unfortunately now at almost 54 yrs. old next month and having Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, I haven't lost half that much after 3 mos. doing IF JUDDD 4:3 & 5:2.

Time will tell whether this WOE is something I will be able to make a WOL or not.

ETA: I was @ 155 on 12/10 when I restarted JUDDD, so actually 12 lbs. in 12 wks. is just about the average of 1 lb. a week.

Last edited by SlimNana; 03-11-2013 at 02:17 PM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #33
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
Thank you for sharing...this gives me hope - when you said transitioning to maintenance do you mean 5:2 as your maintenance or something else?

...and well done
My maintenance break was a hodgepodge of the 8/16 IF window with weight watchers simply filling technique, to a few days of swearing off any kind of plan and just eating when hungry. I actually went into maintenance thinking I was done with any kind of plan that called for dds because I was so burned out on them. But, a few weeks later I found myself missing the routine of JUDDD and here I am again I really just needed a break from the weight loss mindset and now I feel refreshed and ready to lose my last few pounds Looking ahead I'd like my long term maintenance plan to look like 5:2, but with my JUDDD UD numbers for the normal days and then either one or two 400-500c dds a week.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My maintenance break was a hodgepodge of the 8/16 IF window with weight watchers simply filling technique, to a few days of swearing off any kind of plan and just eating when hungry. I actually went into maintenance thinking I was done with any kind of plan that called for dds because I was so burned out on them. But, a few weeks later I found myself missing the routine of JUDDD and here I am again I really just needed a break from the weight loss mindset and now I feel refreshed and ready to lose my last few pounds Looking ahead I'd like my long term maintenance plan to look like 5:2, but with my JUDDD UD numbers for the normal days and then either one or two 400-500c dds a week.

Thank you. TBH I think even on 4:3 I.ve been missing JUDDD...got used to alternate day fasting. So may return to that any day soon. As I said in my very first postings...call me sceptical but I truly think this way of eating is either for maintenance or will work if you have more than a few pounds of weight to lose. If like us you are close to plan I don't think it is strict enough to kick those last few pesky pounds.

Vanilla Latte/Library girl you gave it a good stab but like me once I saw that extra pound go on I thought hmmmm maybe not for me yet.........Good luck.

I will still be lurking and watching with interest and maybe the odd post lol

Have a nice day everyone. I.m just off to bodypump

Last edited by lola5k; 03-12-2013 at 02:32 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Doing nicely here. Just had 2 UDs and only 125.8 today. Looking forward to my DD, which will be a busy one!

I understand why many don't feel they can do this for weight loss, but I would point out that the 1lb a week loss won't be linear.... That is an average over months. This is certainly not a quick plan and neither is JUDDD. The 1.2 loss per week mentioned for that (ADF) is only a tiny bit higher.

I think the quick losers here and everywhere are those who are truly diligent and really do have the mindset to count everything, everyday, or at the very least eat moderately on their UDs. Look at the fastest losers and that is pretty consistent.

What I find much more puzzling is the struggle that Vanilla, Trying Juddd and some others who are truly diligent are having. They are counting, rotating and exercising, and still not losing. That I just don't understand.

Wish I could think of something to help.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I believe I was relatively diligent on 5:2. I counted UDs sometimes, but I actually ate less than on JUDDD UDs most of the time. What was most disheartening was no drop at all after a stellar DD(s). So, it made me assume that DDs were only helping me maintain and that's what the scale said too.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #37
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Doing nicely here. Just had 2 UDs and only 125.8 today. Looking forward to my DD, which will be a busy one!

I understand why many don't feel they can do this for weight loss, but I would point out that the 1lb a week loss won't be linear.... That is an average over months. This is certainly not a quick plan and neither is JUDDD. The 1.2 loss per week mentioned for that (ADF) is only a tiny bit higher.

I think the quick losers here and everywhere are those who are truly diligent and really do have the mindset to count everything, everyday, or at the very least eat moderately on their UDs. Look at the fastest losers and that is pretty consistent.

What I find much more puzzling is the struggle that Vanilla, Trying Juddd and some others who are truly diligent are having. They are counting, rotating and exercising, and still not losing. That I just don't understand.

Wish I could think of something to help.
Here is my thinking on the bold above: If you are a JUDDDer than moving into another WOE that is similar will give you the advantage of either still losing or maintaining without any effort because, in my past experience, I went months loosely following JUDDD and continued to lose on the regular rotations. The "magic" remains on regular rotations. It was when I stopped counting UDs that the trouble began and then on top of that switching to 4:3 every week was the end of the road for weight loss for me. This is when I started gaining and then having binge issues.

So....if you are use to JUDDD, and been there for a while the "magic" remains as long as you are doing your regular rotations. Cindy, you have just put in a 3rd DD this past week to bring your weight down. My thinking is if you had just continued with 5:2 without that 3rd DD tweak your weight would inch up. I don't think this is a WOE for weight loss, but good with a few tweaks here and there for maintenance.

JMHO

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #38

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I feel like I may be the exception to all I keep seeing about 5:2 either being more difficult or causing gain for those of us who came from JUDDD. I'm still losing, albeit slowly, and enjoying myself so much with the extra UDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning!

5:2 ...5th week weigh-in with a weight loss of 1.4, total on this plan to date, 7.8.

I decided against the monthly weigh-in and sure am glad I did. UD for me today.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Here is my thinking on the bold above: If you are a JUDDDer than moving into another WOE that is similar will give you the advantage of either still losing or maintaining without any effort because, in my past experience, I went months loosely following JUDDD and continued to lose on the regular rotations. The "magic" remains on regular rotations. It was when I stopped counting UDs that the trouble began and then on top of that switching to 4:3 every week was the end of the road for weight loss for me. This is when I started gaining and then having binge issues.

So....if you are use to JUDDD, and been there for a while the "magic" remains as long as you are doing your regular rotations. Cindy, you have just put in a 3rd DD this past week to bring your weight down. My thinking is if you had just continued with 5:2 without that 3rd DD tweak your weight would inch up. I don't think this is a WOE for weight loss, but good with a few tweaks here and there for maintenance.

JMHO

Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I feel like I may be the exception to all I keep seeing about 5:2 either being more difficult or causing gain for those of us who came from JUDDD. I'm still losing, albeit slowly, and enjoying myself so much with the extra UDs.
I'm really happy it's working for you!! Do you think if you still had a lot of weight to lose that you would be happy with 5:2 and your rate of loss? I think I would eventually lose a lb or so, but staying the same for weeks at a time is clearly not what I want when I have nearly 60 lbs to get to a "normal" weight.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm really happy it's working for you!! Do you think if you still had a lot of weight to lose that you would be happy with 5:2 and your rate of loss? I think I would eventually lose a lb or so, but staying the same for weeks at a time is clearly not what I want when I have nearly 60 lbs to get to a "normal" weight.
That's a hard question to answer, because I don't know what my rate of loss would have been with 5:2 when I was heavier.

I am losing at about the same rate I was losing with EOD fasting toward the end. That's part of why I called goal at 165, because I wasn't really losing anyway, and I was at a healthy weight. Now I'm bouncing between 159 - 161 or so with 5:2. And honestly, I'd like my high bounce to be under 160 if possible.

I am the first to admit though, that there's a lot of mental aspects of dieting that get to me. When I remove the stress of dieting, I tend to have a few pounds fall off magically (several times I've taken maintenance breaks, and continued to lose, for instance). I also increased my allowed UD calories from the 1750 or so I got with JUDDD to 2000 with 5:2 because I was going over anyway, and wanted to see if I could get away with the higher calories. Ever since I "allowed" myself the higher calories, I haven't "needed" them. All mental, I'm sure.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #43

Linda, I was clear in what I wrote, I meant that even while following ADF rotations and doing everything right they had not been losing. They came to 5:2 as an experiment to see if it would kick start a loss, and sadly it didn't.

If I were them I, too, would not be hanging around for another few weeks to see 'what happens next', not with weight still to lose. But I just don't understand why for some of our JUDDD BUDDDs the scale just stops moving no matter how they tweak. And it makes me sad.

Cindy, I wasn't being snarky or picking on you I promise my lovely friend. It was simply an observation based on a long time watching folks on here JUDDD, and more recently here.

Dawn, Scalestepper yay!

Just yesterday I had to abandon a planned DD as DH had better plans. I didn't eat that much but certain up to my old UD numbers of around 1450. And no gain this morning, still 125.8, very nice.

Enjoying my DD too.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

I've enjoyed what I've learned during this experiment, good luck to all, I'm now just going to go back to Atkins and incorporate some restrictions.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Best wishes for your continued progress Scalestepper!

Hope all goes well for those of you who've decided to return to EOD IF - JUDDD WOE as you continue on your weight loss journeys.

Beeb, I wish you much peace and well being as you rediscover eating intuitively once again.

It's all good!

Ann
Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #46

Thanks Ann. I'll see over on the JUDDD weekly 5:2 thread I hope?

Enjoy you Atkins with 5:2 Scalestepper.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Ann. I'll see over on the JUDDD weekly 5:2 thread I hope?
I'll be here, and checking in regularly with you all still doing 5:2 for the long haul.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #48

Great!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Cindy and Ann, I learned a lot!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #50
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Linda, I was clear in what I wrote, I meant that even while following ADF rotations and doing everything right they had not been losing. They came to 5:2 as an experiment to see if it would kick start a loss, and sadly it didn't.

If I were them I, too, would not be hanging around for another few weeks to see 'what happens next', not with weight still to lose. But I just don't understand why for some of our JUDDD BUDDDs the scale just stops moving no matter how they tweak. And it makes me sad.

Cindy, I wasn't being snarky or picking on you I promise my lovely friend. It was simply an observation based on a long time watching folks on here JUDDD, and more recently here.

Dawn, Scalestepper yay!

Just yesterday I had to abandon a planned DD as DH had better plans. I didn't eat that much but certain up to my old UD numbers of around 1450. And no gain this morning, still 125.8, very nice.

Enjoying my DD too.
OK, I must have read it wrong and misunderstood....sorry my dear JUDDD BUDDD! And I do agree and am as why some are losing while some of us are not and gaining.

It's that "one size does not fit all" thing I'm thinking. Wish this wasn't so!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Dawn, Scalestepper yay!

Enjoying my DD too.
I would never think that, Cindy.You were just stating the obvious, and I knew that.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You are not the exception Dawn, you are just doing it correctly. At the end of the week you have achieved the net calorie loss required to either lose or maintain. You have done this by logging honestly.

I personally think YOUR THE GIRL!!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #53
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Just wanted to tiptoe into this thread!

I was here in the fall and ran into binging problems with JUDDD, but I started the 5/2 plan last week and it feels much more manageable to me. I don't weigh, but follow my loss with my clothes. So far, my fasting days have been very doable and my feed days have been mostly "sensible."
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #54

Aw, thanks Kelly! I'm happy to see you posting here again! You're awesome!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #55

WWC!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

WWC!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #57

WWC, good to see you tiptoeing in. You describe 5:2 just the way I feel about it.

And this morning I was down to 124.6 Haven't see that number in a while. I would love to see 127 as my top weight while maintaining.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

You're exactly where I would like to be one day, Cindy!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
I was here in the fall and ran into binging problems with JUDDD, but I started the 5/2 plan last week and it feels much more manageable to me. I don't weigh, but follow my loss with my clothes. So far, my fasting days have been very doable and my feed days have been mostly "sensible."

Hey WWC

I like the use of the "sensible" word!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eastbruce
Stats: 202/187/120
WOE: JUDDD,Low Carb, High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Can you post a link? I tried to find it on line but
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/fa...anted=all&_r=0