Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member
 
taghag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 88
Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
That sounds REALLY yummy!!!! I bought the gluc tabs, only going to use them on DDs.
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 128
Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
**since I love spring rolls so much, I'm thinking of using this for every dd until I get to goal. I mean it is SUPER easy and SO filling. (I never ever get tired of this recipe lol) I'll post the recipe in the DD recipe thread for everyone to see!
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 128
Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
That's a huge thread haha, so I'll post it here as well....


BEST DD RECIPE EVER!!

Asian Spring Rolls

This recipe makes TEN HUGE spring rolls. Yes, TEN!! The entire serving only clocks in at 275 cals and it is easy to split up in two or three meals. Or one HUGE meal at the end of the day.

I buy these spring roll wrappers from a local Asian supermarket here in Charlotte. The brand name is wei-chuan. The wrappers are 20 cals each. The wrappers measure 8x8 inches. That what I mean when I say they are giant.

Heres what you need:

10 spring roll wrappers - 200 cal
1/2 bag coleslaw - 62.5 cals
1 inch shredded ginger - 2 cals (yup! lol)
pam cooking spray
salt

Heat oven to 450
Lightly spray a parchment covered cookie sheet with Pam
Remove spring roll wrappers from package and set them on a plate covered with a damp paper towel (this part is critical because they will dry up almost instantly and crack)
Saute cabbage and ginger (I add a bit of sliced onion sometimes) in a pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray for about 5 mins until tender.
Remove from pan and place in a bowl to cool a bit.


Setting up your rolling station:

Place a small bowl of water and a pastry brush (or use fingers if you dont have one) next to your wrappers.

Take a spring roll wrapper and lay it flat. Place a heaping tablespoon (or more) on the middle of the wrapper. Bring one corner down over the mixture and then fold the opposite corners over that. Roll the spring roll until you have just the last corner peeking out and moisten that with a bit of water and continue rolling until sealed. Place roll seam side down on the parchment paper.

When you are finished rolling the other 9, lightly spray the tops of the rolls with a mist of Pam. (very little is needed)

Place in oven for 8-10 minutes. Flip spring rolls over and cook an additional 5 minutes.

Allow to cool (if you can wait!!) and Enjoy!!

I make a fantastic dipping sauce to go with this. Just take about 2 tbsp of sugar free raspberry jam and heat it in the micro for 30 seconds, mix a bit of grated or powdered ginger and a teensy bit of curry powder and add a bit of water to thin it. Mix well. It will be thin at first but will thicken as it cools...it complements the flavor of the spring rolls wonderfully.

Play around with the seasonings in the rolls, I have made them curry rolls before and used a spicy mustard to dip them in. This is a very forgiving and generous recipe, and it gives you a TREMENDOUS amount of food for barely half of your dd calories and will easily satisfy two or even three meals!
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,965
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Evie, that sounds like an amazing meal. Well done you. Planning is the key.

Tag hag, glad we got your numbers sorted there! Don't worry too much about the 500 calorie DDs during induction. They are there to help you get used to eating less . If you end up eating 600 calories, don't fret too much, you are still JUDDDing and you will find the DDs get easier as the Sirt1 kicks in. Many successful JBs have started out at 700and still lost fine.

But of course, once induction is over and you are used to DDs, it is best to do the numbers as they are written.

And to repeat something pointed out earlier. If we knew how to eat 'normally' we would never have to diet at all.
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,852
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Evie, I am definitely making those!!! It is amazing what cabbage can do.

FYI - many of us remain at about 500 DD cals long after induction. I say about because some days are more and many are less once appetite suppression sets in.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,965
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yup!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,140
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by taghag View Post
I am 48.

According to the calculator for where I am right now, my DD is 556 and up is 2782. The up seems awfully high to me!
This is set at 20% weight loss mode.
I did the calculator for you and it's 1576 UD, and 315 DD.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,140
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
It took me way longer than 2 weeks to get comfortable with low dds. I think it was a couple of months before I started going below 500 calories on my DDs. Now that I've done JUDDD for several months, the low dds don't phase me at all-they do get easier with time

eta: my current numbers are 1676/335 (20% weight loss mode). My goal weight/maintenance numbers will be 1656/828 (50% maintenance), though I will try the 60% maintenance level of 994 and see if I can get away with it Now yesterday I aimed for 335 and ended up at just over 500 calories because I added a granola bar to my day. I was still down a whole pound this morning, for a new low. Don't get too stressed out on the numbers, if you go over a few calories here and there it's not going to ruin everything
Me TOO! I have only gone below 500 a few times the entire time I've been JUDDDing (since Nov). I think I am finally ready to go down to my 20% WLM (371). Bout time ain't it?!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
taghag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 88
Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I did the calculator for you and it's 1576 UD, and 315 DD.
I still like the old numbers better
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 128
Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
Glad you like the recipe! Let me know how it turns out for all of you that try it! I'm thinking of making my next ones with some taco seasoning and using some ff seasoned greek yogurt or salsa con queso as a dip for them...I didn't even finish the ones I made yesterday...I was so stuffed!
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
taghag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 88
Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
Evie, I am going to try your recipe soon, already shopped for this week's food. Have you ever thrown any shrimp into it for some added protein?
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 128
Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
I have and it works really well! Tastes more like an authentic spring roll that way. If you can find it, grab some Maggi seasoning..its usually near the asian food section..it kind of looks like soy sauce with a yellow label. This particular seasoning gives the rolls a FABULOUS flavor that I just cannot do without anymore. All you need are a couple dashes...a tiny bit goes a LONG way.
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,486
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I think I am finally ready to go down to my 20% WLM (371). Bout time ain't it?!
Yay Cindy. That's an NSV!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member
 
taghag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 88
Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
I will check it out. I don't eat wheat so soy sauce is out the window. I have Braggs Liquid Aminos I can substitute. Just trying to get creative on low calorie ideas and bulking up the protein to keep me fuller longer. Today is a DD.
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,140
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Yay Cindy. That's an NSV!!
Thanks, Flossy. It's a bit embarrassing after all this time.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,720
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by taghag View Post
I will check it out. I don't eat wheat so soy sauce is out the window. I have Braggs Liquid Aminos I can substitute. Just trying to get creative on low calorie ideas and bulking up the protein to keep me fuller longer. Today is a DD.
When I was in WLM one of my favorite simple meals was thin sliced turkey (already sliced in a package in the lunch meat section) wrapped around a pickle spear. I think 4 slices was like 70 calories and those four filled me up nicely for lunch many a DD.

I found plain and boring to be the best DD food choices.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Missouri_Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Joseph, Missouri
Posts: 3,908
Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie1978 View Post
That's a huge thread haha, so I'll post it here as well....


BEST DD RECIPE EVER!!

Asian Spring Rolls

This recipe makes TEN HUGE spring rolls. Yes, TEN!! The entire serving only clocks in at 275 cals and it is easy to split up in two or three meals. Or one HUGE meal at the end of the day.

I buy these spring roll wrappers from a local Asian supermarket here in Charlotte. The brand name is wei-chuan. The wrappers are 20 cals each. The wrappers measure 8x8 inches. That what I mean when I say they are giant.

Heres what you need:

10 spring roll wrappers - 200 cal
1/2 bag coleslaw - 62.5 cals
1 inch shredded ginger - 2 cals (yup! lol)
pam cooking spray
salt

Heat oven to 450
Lightly spray a parchment covered cookie sheet with Pam
Remove spring roll wrappers from package and set them on a plate covered with a damp paper towel (this part is critical because they will dry up almost instantly and crack)
Saute cabbage and ginger (I add a bit of sliced onion sometimes) in a pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray for about 5 mins until tender.
Remove from pan and place in a bowl to cool a bit.


Setting up your rolling station:

Place a small bowl of water and a pastry brush (or use fingers if you dont have one) next to your wrappers.

Take a spring roll wrapper and lay it flat. Place a heaping tablespoon (or more) on the middle of the wrapper. Bring one corner down over the mixture and then fold the opposite corners over that. Roll the spring roll until you have just the last corner peeking out and moisten that with a bit of water and continue rolling until sealed. Place roll seam side down on the parchment paper.

When you are finished rolling the other 9, lightly spray the tops of the rolls with a mist of Pam. (very little is needed)

Place in oven for 8-10 minutes. Flip spring rolls over and cook an additional 5 minutes.

Allow to cool (if you can wait!!) and Enjoy!!

I make a fantastic dipping sauce to go with this. Just take about 2 tbsp of sugar free raspberry jam and heat it in the micro for 30 seconds, mix a bit of grated or powdered ginger and a teensy bit of curry powder and add a bit of water to thin it. Mix well. It will be thin at first but will thicken as it cools...it complements the flavor of the spring rolls wonderfully.

Play around with the seasonings in the rolls, I have made them curry rolls before and used a spicy mustard to dip them in. This is a very forgiving and generous recipe, and it gives you a TREMENDOUS amount of food for barely half of your dd calories and will easily satisfy two or even three meals!

If spring roll wrappers cannot be found would egg roll wrappers taste the same?...Not sure if our stores have spring roll ones and no asian markets close to me....
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member
 
taghag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 88
Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
When I was in WLM one of my favorite simple meals was thin sliced turkey (already sliced in a package in the lunch meat section) wrapped around a pickle spear. I think 4 slices was like 70 calories and those four filled me up nicely for lunch many a DD.

I found plain and boring to be the best DD food choices.
The cracked black pepper breast at Walmart's deli is really good! I ate salad all last summer and cut that up to put in it. Great idea for roll ups, sans the pickle!
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
Kimmietoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 531
Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Evie I can hardly wait to try those spring rolls! They sound YUM YUM YUMMIE!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 128
Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
They are great Kimmie! Let me know how they turn out! Stacy...egg roll wrappers can be used as well, but the Nasoya ones that they usually sell in the market have 170 cals for 3 of them so you get far fewer. They are not as "crispy" as the spring rolls but very satisfying...very easy to make a meal under 200 cals with them!~
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Missouri_Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Joseph, Missouri
Posts: 3,908
Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie1978 View Post
They are great Kimmie! Let me know how they turn out! Stacy...egg roll wrappers can be used as well, but the Nasoya ones that they usually sell in the market have 170 cals for 3 of them so you get far fewer. They are not as "crispy" as the spring rolls but very satisfying...very easy to make a meal under 200 cals with them!~
Thank you,,,I will sure do my best to look for the spring rolls, as I like them crispy also...
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.