Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Update on me (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799094-update-me.html)

Luna Loca 03-09-2013 04:42 PM

Update on me

I've been MIA (again) and am just popping in to tell you all my new news!!

We are moving to Austin, TX! We are really excited about this. We've been to Austin several times on scouting trips--we have quite a few friends there--and went looking for places to live and found one that we really like. We move in next Friday, the 15th.

Zip, zam, zowie! Like a friend says, "when you change things, you change them fast." Yup. So we're renting a huge truck, gathering all of our things out of storage, and hauling them all down to Texas. :stars: :jumpjoy: :lol:

We used to live in Texas, in the Houston area, and the last place on earth I ever thought I'd go back to would be Texas, but here we are. And I'm jazzed. :cool:

Looking forward to being re-united with my stuff, and looking forward to a more settled life where I'm popping into this board more often.

One more week. ;)

Beeb 03-09-2013 04:57 PM

All the best to you and looking forward to your up coming posts!! :hugs:

Carly 03-09-2013 05:08 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
Yay! That sounds exciting!
I'm so happy for you!

KeirasMom 03-09-2013 05:38 PM

How exciting! :jumpjoy:

Flutter 03-09-2013 05:45 PM

Oh my, that is awesome! Congrats on your move!!!

Luv2Eat 03-09-2013 05:47 PM

Luna, how fabulous!! I live in Austin! Are you buying a house in Cedar Park? I saw a really cute one on the market less than $100,000 last week. . . . . I know some nice coffee places around here ;)

adillenal 03-09-2013 05:49 PM

Welcome to Texas. I live about 60 miles East of Austin so it looks like there are a bunch of us JUDDD'ers in the area.

hot-in-texas 03-09-2013 06:04 PM

How exciting Luna! My son is hoping to move to Austin for school in the fall! Wow, strange how things can change like that in an instant!

Luna Loca 03-09-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16306394)
Luna, how fabulous!! I live in Austin! Are you buying a house in Cedar Park? I saw a really cute one on the market less than $100,000 last week. . . . . I know some nice coffee places around here ;)

No, we're leasing an apartment. It's off of Mopac and Far West. Seems like a great neighborhood, lots of activity, lots of stores and restaurants close by. Close to the bus line, which is important to me, I sold my car and don't want to buy another one. I like the bus. And I'm looking forward to checking out the light rail. I'm a public transportation geek. :laugh:

Thanks for the welcomes! I hope no one took offense to my comments about Texas...it's a great place, but for sooooo many years I was sure I would not be living there again...just goes to show, never say never. Austin stole our hearts.

adillenal 03-09-2013 06:40 PM

There is always something happeneing in Austin so you will never be bored.

krow134 03-09-2013 07:27 PM

Good luck with your move!!!!!!!! Nice to see you pop in again too!!!

piratejenny 03-09-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16306446)
I hope no one took offense to my comments about Texas...it's a great place, but for sooooo many years I was sure I would not be living there again...just goes to show, never say never. Austin stole our hearts.

Well, Austin is like its own little, very different, country stuck inside of Texas! :hyst:

I lived in Austin when I was little (age 3-8...lots of wonderful memories)
Two of my uncles and one of my son's uncles live there!

GREAT live music scene there!!!
(two of the above-mentioned uncles are drummers in various bands :D)

I hope you love it!
Happy moving & safe travels!

Luv2Eat 03-09-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16306446)
No, we're leasing an apartment. It's off of Mopac and Far West. Seems like a great neighborhood, lots of activity, lots of stores and restaurants close by. Close to the bus line, which is important to me, I sold my car and don't want to buy another one. I like the bus. And I'm looking forward to checking out the light rail. I'm a public transportation geek. :laugh:

Thanks for the welcomes! I hope no one took offense to my comments about Texas...it's a great place, but for sooooo many years I was sure I would not be living there again...just goes to show, never say never. Austin stole our hearts.

Good luck with your move! That is a nice area over there at Mopac and Far West, I think. Don't know much about the public transportation, :heart: my car too much ;)

Didn't see the comments about Texas, no worries. Yes, Austin is certainly 'wired' differently than the rest of Texas, but it still gets as hot in the summer - sometimes after months of triple digit temps, I begin to question if I've crossed over the river Styx. . . . . . other than that, the temps are divine - right now lows in the 50's and highs in the 70's :clap:

I hope you love Austin as much as I do :high5:

PJ, that is awesome about your drummer relatives :cool: Yeah, lot's of fab music and it's free often, or at least, for the price of a drink :up: and tips.

Familyvet 03-09-2013 11:24 PM

How awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Flossyliz 03-10-2013 05:21 AM

How exciting! Hope all goes smoothly.

Librarygirl 03-10-2013 06:43 AM

That sounds wonderful! I am a little bit envious. ;) Exciting times and a fresh start for you and dh. Enjoy!

adillenal 03-10-2013 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=piratejenny;16306642]Well, Austin is like its own little, very different, country stuck inside of Texas! :hyst:

QUOTE]

I think that is a very good description of Austin. :)

sungoddess 03-10-2013 10:32 AM

I often think about you Luna, as you have been an incredible inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your news with us. You have an exciting life!! Good luck on the move. :heart:

calichris 03-10-2013 11:31 AM

Have fun in Texas! Thanks for the update ... always great to hear what you're up to. :)

Yam-Yam 03-10-2013 11:54 AM

Wonderful! Looking forward to "seeing" you more!:jumpjoy:

Kissa 03-10-2013 05:16 PM

I am so delighted for you Luna. It will be great to be reunited with you possessions again after what must be over a year now.

But what a wonderful year you have had.

So good to see you here. Looking forward to you posting more often.

sunday 03-10-2013 05:45 PM

Wonderful news Luna! I love Austin, my mother and sister-in-law live in Pflugerville. Lots of fun going on all of the time in Austin! Oh, and the food, well, let's just say, it is everywhere! :laugh: Never have had a problem indulging when I am there. :D

Joyjoy 03-10-2013 05:55 PM

Yay Luna! We're only fourteen billion miles north of you, now. You can visit!
All the best with your move and your settling in. A new chapter begins. :):heart:

Carly 03-10-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16308002)
Yay Luna! We're only fourteen billion miles north of you, now. You can visit!
All the best with your move and your settling in. A new chapter begins. :):heart:

Hi Kristen! How are you?

Kimmietoo 03-10-2013 08:03 PM

Luna, how exciting! I am a new JUDDDER so I will look forward to getting to know you soon! Have an awesome move and enjoy the changes! We moved in September and are loving the changes here. Hurry back and tell us all about the move!

Kimmie

jaymar 03-11-2013 07:47 AM

How wonderful for you, Luna...and guess what?..I think they still have the Austin City Limits Festival,....if you like that kind of music..and I would love to go there someday..Texas is a great place...great people...I worked for four years with a young lady from Dallas..we had the most fun together..she was always open for having fun.

LoCarbGal 03-11-2013 11:33 AM

Congratulations Luna! It will be so nice to have you here more often. I'm sure you'll feel so glad to have your stuff back, and how wonderful that you've fallen in love with your new hometown!

Joyjoy 03-11-2013 06:58 PM

Hi Carly. Great, thanks. Fully occupied with winter sports (probably coming to an end) and some fun, fun film stuff. Great to see your face. :):heart:

Kissa 03-12-2013 04:05 AM

We miss you Kristen. X

adillenal 03-12-2013 06:33 AM

I am close enough that Luna Loca can come visit the goat farm.:)
AND if you are interested, there are several farmers markets in Austin that sell goat cheese made by small producers in the area. My favorite is cranberry something but it is seasonla so I have to do with Lemon blueberry.:up: This farm is Swede Farm so you can check the local markets or I can look it up for you.
Again WELCOME to TEXAS.