Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   anyone weigh in no more than 1-4 times a month? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799080-anyone-weigh-no-more-than-1-4-times-month.html)

akilah 03-09-2013 10:29 AM

anyone weigh in no more than 1-4 times a month?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone weighs in no more than 1-4 times a month? I am very sensitive to sodium and have been on juddd since last saturday, but have not weighed myself because before starting I was eating under 3500 mg of sodium faithfully and although i am counting my calories on UD, I am not keep track of my sodium..so my starting weight was reflected on not having any excess water weight. I also gain 3-4 pounds of water a few days before my period and it goes away a few days after I start...so for me its easier to weigh when all of the varibles are controlled. I am planning on weighing about twice a month..and tmo is coming up so by the time i do weigh it will be the first time weighing on juddd and 3 weeks in :P

Carly 03-09-2013 10:33 AM

You need to do what works for you. There is no right or wrong. I can only say I was a daily weigher in WLM and still weigh in most days in maintenace. For me I like to keep an eye on things and the bounce doesn't bother me- it's a part of the journey.

taghag 03-09-2013 10:49 AM

When I am active in the weight loss activity I weigh once a week just to see what I have done or not done.

LoCarbGal 03-09-2013 10:58 AM

I used to refuse to weigh in the week or even 2 around PMS and TOM. I just didn't want to see the numbers at that time. I've now gotten to where I weigh every day and it (mostly) doesn't bug me. But you just do what is comfortable for you and supports your efforts best. :shake:

WantToBeSlim 03-09-2013 06:24 PM

I have been doing JUDDD since October and have mostly weighed in weekly (every 8 days). On other plans I have not been able to resist the temptation and often weighed in 3 times a week but since doing JUDDD I have not done this. I find in the last month or two I am avoiding the scales even every 8 days and in February I weighed on the 1st, 9th and then again on March 1st. I do not take well to bounces on the scales so that's the main reason I refuse to weigh in more than once per week, I also don't think weighing in once every 2-4 weeks helps me as I like to see what my losses are over the last week rather than assuming how much was lost one week to the next.

I last weighed myself on the 1st of March, I was meant to weigh myself again on the 9th (today) but skipped it because it's not been a good week. I will hopefully weigh again on the 17th and stick to every 8 days from then on.

akilah 03-10-2013 02:40 PM

thanks for your replies guys :) I am planning on weighing in like a week and a half or so

LCBubs 03-10-2013 09:28 PM

I started JUDDD in June 2012 and have only been on the scale once. For me, the scale was part of obsessive behavior, like avoiding carbs. I mean that in a dieting way, no disrespect to those with actual OCD. I am using my closet, full of at least 6 different-sized clothes to gauge my progress. I know I'm losing and I just feel good when JUDDDing. I have seen bones poke out that I didn't even know I had!

I say go with what works for you.

zipp2play 03-13-2013 06:47 AM

I weigh once a week, at most! In the beginning, so in my mind JUDDDing would have nothing to do with the number, my DH weighed me. It was 2 months in before I looked at it. I just don't like to give the scale any power!

Carly 03-17-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16313200)
I weigh once a week, at most! In the beginning, so in my mind JUDDDing would have nothing to do with the number, my DH weighed me. It was 2 months in before I looked at it. I just don't like to give the scale any power!

You are getting close to goal!

Librarygirl 03-17-2013 03:04 PM

I weigh about 2-3x a day. :D :D :D

Evie1978 03-17-2013 03:28 PM

I'm going to start weighing only on weekends....enough to tweak if I need to and spaced out enough so I don't drive myself bananas with the bounces LOL...

Demonica 03-17-2013 04:12 PM

I try to weigh once a week, but I usually end up weighing after each DD. Trying to break that habit though. Once a week is enough.