Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
UD Saturday, What are we having?

B: Greek Yogurt

I don't know what I want today! Hubs talked about going out for dinner, but idk really what I want. Plus I'm so skeptical of these online nutritional info guides that it makes me reluctant to go out to eat anymore.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I'm so skeptical of these online nutritional info guides that it makes me reluctant to go out to eat anymore.
Did you see that excellent NYT Calorie Detective piece that checked nutritional info. for some items?
Quote:
For this Op-Doc video, I selected five items I might consume in an average day: a muffin, a tofu sandwich, a Subway sandwich, a Starbucks Frappuccino and a Chipotle burrito. Then, two food scientists at the New York Obesity Nutrition Research Center at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center painstakingly tested the caloric content of each using a device called a bomb calorimeter. It’s a precise but slow process — taking more than an hour per sample. The results were surprising.

SPOILER ALERT: Four out of the five items I tested had more calories than their labels reported, adding up to 550 calories. If I unknowingly consumed those extra calories every day, in a week I would put on an extra pound of body weight. Not good.
It seems that there is no legal necessity for companies to substantiate their calorie claims on their labels although some may be more conscientious than others.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
So far today, I've had 150g of potato with sugar-free tomato sauce as a condiment (so, approx 160kcals).

I'm making a congee for later and I'll flavour that with rice wine vinegar and ground Sezchuan pepper.

I probably need to eat more potatoes this evening so I'll pop some in the pressure cooker and have one before I go to bed.

I'd like to think that I can make 1800kcals today but it will probably be nearer 1100kcals which is not enough but better than I've managed on other PH UDs.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I know what I'm having for dinner, but no idea for breakfast and lunch. I think I'll have about 700 calories combined for B & L, so I guess I'll play it by ear. I think I've got my UDs in control again now, but I'm being extra careful until I'm sure!

B: Coffee/HWC and ?
L: ??
D: Vodka gimlet, roasted dinner of pork loin, sweet potatoes and asparagus

Have a great UD today everyone! Weekend!!!!!!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee

That's as far as I've gotten so far.
Heading to Whole Foods in a little while, and I'm thinking some really good bread, cheese, salami, and clotted cream will be in store for this weekend. I just don't know in what order. There will probably also be lamb at some point if I can make it to Trader Joe's for their pre-cooked lamb.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm jealous of your Whole Foods. I just looked them up and the closest one is all the way across town, like 25-30 miles. I'll have to remember that for when I'm over that way next time. Enjoy! It sounds !
Old 03-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Good morning all my fellow up dayers... Happy Saturday

It is a cold, dark rainy day here and we slept in so its 11 and I have not eaten yet and am just getting around...

I have planned this so far:

B; missed
L; 2 eggs scrambled with 1 slice cheese and 2 ounces sausage with 1 slice toast with peanut butter...510 cals
D; At Applebees....bourbon street chicken and shrimp,...610 cals

Movies....100 cal bag popcorn ( take my own)

Also about 2am I had 2 sf candies...grrrrrr hate when i do that....160 cals

So far that is 1380 and leaves me some wiggle room for dinner....

Have a great successful day
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

I'll say you have some wiggle room! Get dessert at Appleby's girl! Get those calories up up up!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Don't know yet. So far just coffee with half and half. I'm taking care of grand kids again today. When I'm fixing their meals I always get the munchies!

I have some Progresso Clam Chowder soup and right now that sounds so good to me. I'm making meatloaf for the family for dinner with french fries (baked) and cole slaw and steamed broccolli. So I'll have that and maybe switch out the coleslaw for a regular salad and skip the fries and double up on brocolli.

Mainly I need to count everything. I have the digital scale out on the counter. My UD calorie allowance is 1900.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'll say you have some wiggle room! Get dessert at Appleby's girl! Get those calories up up up!
I am sure trying gf...I know have a little more wiggle room and sure hope this isnt how the rest of my day will go..went to weigh out the sausage for my eggs and my scales wouldnt come on....guess the batteries are dead...and they take some funky looking ones like big hearing aid batteries, and I dont have those..so i skipped sausage and added in 8 turkey pepperoni to my eggs....

I am for sure using that wiggle room on dessert or if we get an appetizer...

Thanks for your help and cheering me on, I struggle at getting this numbers up but am working hard to do it... I MUST
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
So far...laffy taffy, not really breakfast-80
Asian chicken burger lettuce wrap-300
Coconut milk yogurt and orange smoothie-120
Feel like this is going to be an eat all day long day. Haven't planned anything out. Going to the store later.
Have a good UD!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh love some laffy taffy...YUM.....banana and cherry mixed is my fav
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Ugh. I was super crazy today-- explained it a bit in the daily weigh-in thread-- but I didn't see the number I wanted to see on the scale, and I was convinced I had a great DD yesterday (I did) and that my roast-beef bloat should be gone...

so I continued my fast till 1pm today-- no water, no nothing... sigh. I ran a bunch of errands, including the grocery store, where I picked up 1 (but not 2, yay) tray of sushi AND a tray of meat tortellini in tomato sauce -- I didn't eat all of it, but I still feel sort of

sigh.

ANyway, I just put the calories in, and it's not that bad... carbs is sort of high... Sigh.

But I'm determined for today to be a good UD, and my travel tomorrow to be a good DD.

B: nada

L: 8pcs spicy salmon sushi (330)
about 1.5c of meat tortellini in light tomato sauce (430)

D: probably pulled chicken (smoked) from whole foods and some sweet potato fries (homemade, oven-- 1st time, trying thanks to LCG!

I've got my lemon water going-- I'm sure I'll turn this sucker around

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I love banana the best!! I am a candy junkie!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I love banana the best!! I am a candy junkie!
Me too.....I could give up all the carby stuff, desserts etc,,,but i love candy...jelly bellys,,,jolly ranchers...gummy bears...taffy...sprees...love them all...thats my addiction
Old 03-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Ugh. I was super crazy today-- explained it a bit in the daily weigh-in thread-- but I didn't see the number I wanted to see on the scale, and I was convinced I had a great DD yesterday (I did) and that my roast-beef bloat should be gone...

so I continued my fast till 1pm today-- no water, no nothing... sigh. I ran a bunch of errands, including the grocery store, where I picked up 1 (but not 2, yay) tray of sushi AND a tray of meat tortellini in tomato sauce -- I didn't eat all of it, but I still feel sort of

sigh.

ANyway, I just put the calories in, and it's not that bad... carbs is sort of high... Sigh.

But I'm determined for today to be a good UD, and my travel tomorrow to be a good DD.

B: nada

L: 8pcs spicy salmon sushi (330)
about 1.5c of meat tortellini in light tomato sauce (430)

D: probably pulled chicken (smoked) from whole foods and some sweet potato fries (homemade, oven-- 1st time, trying thanks to LCG!

I've got my lemon water going-- I'm sure I'll turn this sucker around

Hope those darn scales are nice to you next time...

Let us know how the fries turn out...I love sweet potato but have never tried the fries homemade or at a restaurant......guess i need too
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Soren your food sounds great and very yummy today! I don't think you did too bad at lunch today. That is about usually what I do every day as far as calories AND carbs by lunch time.
My scale changed today too, but it actually went UP the second time, and all I did was take my pills.
Enjoy the rest of your lovely day.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Me too.....I could give up all the carby stuff, desserts etc,,,but i love candy...jelly bellys,,,jolly ranchers...gummy bears...taffy...sprees...love them all...thats my addiction
Love all the things you mentioned! I still love it all that I ate as a child-jolly rancher sticks, gummy bears, laffy taffy, now n laterrs, astro pops, bubble gum, sprees remind me of the swimming pool concession stand
Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Love all the things you mentioned! I still love it all that I ate as a child-jolly rancher sticks, gummy bears, laffy taffy, now n laterrs, astro pops, bubble gum, sprees remind me of the swimming pool concession stand
oh yeah and the thin taffy that comes in big long bars...i also love those candies that are hard on the outside and white fizzy stuff in the middle that was at the pool, ball parks etc....and the razzles that was candy that turned to gum..and cant forget hot tamales..too bad it all isnt the same price as it was then
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Did you see that excellent NYT Calorie Detective piece that checked nutritional info. for some items?
It seems that there is no legal necessity for companies to substantiate their calorie claims on their labels although some may be more conscientious than others.
Great artical and that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Especially since more people are health aware. I'm sure a lot are honest, but for sales purposes it wouldn't surprise me if chains were be conservative with calories to make their food more attractive to dieters. I don't know I could be being overly paranoid, but I totally feel safer measuring my stuff at home. And just eat out occasionally, or UUAD's and not worry about it. I do find home meal prep makes me feel safer.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee

That's as far as I've gotten so far.
Heading to Whole Foods in a little while, and I'm thinking some really good bread, cheese, salami, and clotted cream will be in store for this weekend. I just don't know in what order. There will probably also be lamb at some point if I can make it to Trader Joe's for their pre-cooked lamb.
Shopping is done.

L: Baguette with garlic/herb cream cheese and dry salami, salad with mango vinaigrette
D: Tilapia, spinach and chive linguine with butter and myzithra, asparagus
Chardonnay
May have an eclair. I'm on the fence right now.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

myzithra

A) you're doing it again... Wazzat??

B) with whipped cream or pastry cream ?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't have a great number this morning either Soren. But it was a loss so I'll take it. I thought I had a great DD yesterday also, but I didn't drink like I did on the DD before it. So I'm thinking that's an area I need to be committed to.

I'm up to 462 cals for the day. Had the Greek yogurt for B, and had spaghetti squash with chicken chunks, and cheese for lunch! Yummy btw. Thinking Mexican for dinner.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I didn't have a great number this morning either Soren. But it was a loss so I'll take it. I thought I had a great DD yesterday also, but I didn't drink like I did on the DD before it. So I'm thinking that's an area I need to be committed to.

I'm up to 462 cals for the day. Had the Greek yogurt for B, and had spaghetti squash with chicken chunks, and cheese for lunch! Yummy btw. Thinking Mexican for dinner.
Thats another thing that I have read great things about but never tried,,spaghetti squash,,,,how do u make yours??...any way that you have tried that is better than the rest?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Shopping is done.

L: Baguette with garlic/herb cream cheese and dry salami, salad with mango vinaigrette
D: Tilapia, spinach and chive linguine with butter and myzithra, asparagus
Chardonnay
you have been so successful and you are one of the ones I look to for answers and was curious on your journey have you ever had to count carbs or just only the cals? thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thats another thing that I have read great things about but never tried,,spaghetti squash,,,,how do u make yours??...any way that you have tried that is better than the rest?
Oh goodness my sister told me about it and I love it! Low Carb too. I bake it @ 375 for about 40 to 45 min. I grease the baking pan with coconut oil and then cut the squash in 1/2 and clean the seeds and gook out of the halves. Turn the halves face down on the baking sheet and then bake! After it's done I heat a skillet with a little CO and garlic and flake the squash in the pan and saute just long enough to give it some flavor. Then you can top it with meat sauce, marinara sauce or whatever. I Love it, and it only has 42 cal. a cup. May need to add a few more calories for the coconut oil, but I just use a tad.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
you have been so successful and you are one of the ones I look to for answers and was curious on your journey have you ever had to count carbs or just only the cals? thanks
Oh and my favorite is to put lightly breaded chicken tenders on the spag squash covered with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. I broil it in the oven to get the cheese nice and bubbly.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh goodness my sister told me about it and I love it! Low Carb too. I bake it @ 375 for about 40 to 45 min. I grease the baking pan with coconut oil and then cut the squash in 1/2 and clean the seeds and gook out of the halves. Turn the halves face down on the baking sheet and then bake! After it's done I heat a skillet with a little CO and garlic and flake the squash in the pan and saute just long enough to give it some flavor. Then you can top it with meat sauce, marinara sauce or whatever. I Love it, and it only has 42 cal. a cup. May need to add a few more calories for the coconut oil, but I just use a tad.
Thanks...I have heard so many great things about it, but keep forgetting to try it....I just wrote it on my grocery list and will be having it soon...thanks again
Old 03-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I cut mine in 4, scoop the seeds out, and steam, face down in a teeny bit of water in a glass dish, covered, in the microwave for like 20 min, or till done. Break up with fork and use at will.

Ps: I think Dawn only really counted cals, if I'm not mistaken. But in observing her menus (bc she eats things I've never heard of.... ) I think her carbs are low-ish, but that's not her focus. And uds usually had some wine and/or chocolate.

Last edited by sorenkkg; 03-09-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 03-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
A) you're doing it again... Wazzat??

B) with whipped cream or pastry cream ?
A) From cheese(website) : "Myzithra or Mizythra is a traditional unpasteurized Greek cheese made from the whey of sheep's, goats or cow's milk cheeses. It has been made in Greece for thousands of years and is believed to be the ancestor of all Greek whey cheeses." It's so good with browned butter, grated on pasta. Sort of salty and hard, not gooey or creamy.

B) I didn't know there was something called pastry cream. I have no idea. I get them at the bakery and they are "New York Style" whatever that means.