Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
JUDDD Rotation Schedule Question

As a newbie I have a quick question please....I know that we have date night every single Saturday night which includes dinner out,,,If I did the rotation of every other day UD/DD then I would hit some DD on saturdays, which is hard for going out...

I was wondering is it just as effective if you do every single week the same days are UD/DD's....like every week M-W-F-Sun would be DD and T-Th would be UD..would this work just as well as an every other day rotation even if you have 2 DD in a row ( Sun-Mon)

Thanks
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lucky girl to have a weekly date night!

Unfortunately, this is one of those "it depends" questions. First of all, it's not recommended to do 2 DDs in a row. It's very tough to do psychologically. It also puts you in danger of slowing down your metabolism and stalling your losses. You can:

1. Do 2 UDs in a row, but doing that once a week would likely slow or stop your losses. Once in awhile to change rotations is no biggie, but once a week? I wouldn't do it, personally, unless you're okay with really slow losses.

2. Do a MD (mid-day) which is the average number of calories between your UD and your DD, or 60% on the JUDDD calculator. It's recommended to always do it in this order: DD - MD - UD. It's thought that it is better to go into your DD fully fueled from an UD rather than partially with a MD. This too may cause yours losses to slow.

3. Stick with your DD calories and adjust what you eat and drink, every other Saturday. Or could you possibly switch your date night to Fridays on those weeks where Saturday is a DD?

You're just going to have to figure out what works for you. Some people have fixed UDs and DDs every week, and do fine. Others stall when using MDs or with fixed days. You may be one of the lucky ones and it works just fine for you. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Lucky girl to have a weekly date night!

Unfortunately, this is one of those "it depends" questions. First of all, it's not recommended to do 2 DDs in a row. It's very tough to do psychologically. It also puts you in danger of slowing down your metabolism and stalling your losses. You can:

1. Do 2 UDs in a row, but doing that once a week would likely slow or stop your losses. Once in awhile to change rotations is no biggie, but once a week? I wouldn't do it, personally, unless you're okay with really slow losses.

2. Do a MD (mid-day) which is the average number of calories between your UD and your DD, or 60% on the JUDDD calculator. It's recommended to always do it in this order: DD - MD - UD. It's thought that it is better to go into your DD fully fueled from an UD rather than partially with a MD. This too may cause yours losses to slow.

3. Stick with your DD calories and adjust what you eat and drink, every other Saturday. Or could you possibly switch your date night to Fridays on those weeks where Saturday is a DD?

You're just going to have to figure out what works for you. Some people have fixed UDs and DDs every week, and do fine. Others stall when using MDs or with fixed days. You may be one of the lucky ones and it works just fine for you. Good luck!

Thank you.....After reading my choices, and knowing I want this to work, with little tweaks, stalls etc...I just think that the ones that come up a DD, will have to be a day when I save all my cals for dinner and it be a light dinner and not a normal nicer place..maybe a subway or wendys chili etc....it can be done..thanks for explaining..

Sadly Ray works every fri night, midnight shift and commutes 90 mins to work, so Sat is the night....I am very lucky, but we have only been together a little less than 2 yrs so still in that honeymoon date night stage
Old 03-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I'm having to tweak my schedule this week and next to accommodate social events and I did 2 UD's in a row this week(went overboard..sigh). This coming week I'm going to be more careful and do one MD, then an UD and then back to DD. I want this plan to work for life, so the tweaking will just be part of it. Good luck!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
I'm doing my down days on Mon, Wed, Fri and a moderate day on Sunday, which I usually end up around 1000 calories on Sunday. I've been losing like this, so it's working. Personally, it throws me off to have different days DD's everyweek, so I just like to know that certain days will always be down days.

I hope you find a way that works. There are so many ways to make IF work, which is one of the things I love about it.
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Stacy, if it were me(which, unfortunately it isn't, can't even remember my last date) I would just make Saturday date night that falls on a DD be a higher DD. Maybe 35% instead of 20%. Then, at the restaurant, eat a light, but satisfactory meal. 1 higher dd every other week should be fine, and i actually think its a good thing to vary a little on our calories, so the body doesn't get wise to us.
For me, strict rotations has worked fairly well, so I would not want to mess with it.
That being said, there are some JUDDDers who make both Sat and Sun set UDs. With M,W,F dds. But I would be scared to do that.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
You have to do what works for you. That said, I am a firm believer in UD/DD rotations. I have gone to banquets and eaten on a DD by having coffee for breakfast and nothing for lunch. You just have to decide how bad you want to lose weight and I did better sticking to UD/DD rotations.
I am on maintenance now and have only one time deviated from EOD when I had two UD's in a row when I went to my son's graduation from officer school. Although both of those UD's were not my usual UUAD days so maybe that helped. Being in a hotel at night with no access to food helped too.

I am sure there are plenty of people who do the set days and Dr. J mentions it as an option in his book. For me personally, I chose not to have set days.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
You have to do what works for you. That said, I am a firm believer in UD/DD rotations. I have gone to banquets and eaten on a DD by having coffee for breakfast and nothing for lunch. You just have to decide how bad you want to lose weight and I did better sticking to UD/DD rotations.
I am on maintenance now and have only one time deviated from EOD when I had two UD's in a row when I went to my son's graduation from officer school. Although both of those UD's were not my usual UUAD days so maybe that helped. Being in a hotel at night with no access to food helped too.

I am sure there are plenty of people who do the set days and Dr. J mentions it as an option in his book. For me personally, I chose not to have set days.
I agree I save all my DD cals if I'm planning on going out somewhere. I'm trying to find items at restaurants that are low for DD's. Problem is I don't trust some of these restaurant websites nutritional info. One I looked at said a bowl of potato soup w/o bacon and cheese at one of those steak houses was only 105. Not so sure about that b/c it was a good sized bowl of soup. I had some sauteed mushrooms that were supposedly 64 calories, but it just looked liked it should have been more. So I'm kind of apprehensive about eating out now.

Last edited by JMBM; 03-09-2013 at 05:41 AM..
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
We eat at my in-laws every Sunday and on dds I just eat lighter and save most of my calories for that meal. I also add a few calories, like have a total of 600 for the day, to give me some leeway. Doing this didn't affect my weight loss
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
This is what I'm trying to figure out now! Easter Sunday will be a DD for me. I need Saturday and Sunday of that week to be UD. Saturday my Cousin is in town and we are going out and well Easter Sunday means a big feast! I guess I could just do 1200 calorie days those 2 days and get back on regular rotations after. Of course being at the end of March will mess up my numbers loss wise for March...I'm a numbers person! UGH!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
This is what I'm trying to figure out now! Easter Sunday will be a DD for me. I need Saturday and Sunday of that week to be UD. Saturday my Cousin is in town and we are going out and well Easter Sunday means a big feast! I guess I could just do 1200 calorie days those 2 days and get back on regular rotations after. Of course being at the end of March will mess up my numbers loss wise for March...I'm a numbers person! UGH!
I am lucky in that part, I already looked and easter is an UD..

Good luck, I am like you and want to keep my numbers right and do this right
Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you all for the ideas......

I have just decided on those DD nights out,, I will save all my cals for dinner, which is what i am doing now anyways...we will also go to a place, I can get the info on and will plan before we get there...I know one coming up is a night we are going to a restaurant that has a band he likes, so I am going to see if they have a salad with some chicken and take me own dressing or something like this

I am an all or nothing kind of gal or i mess up...I cant tweak...I need to do it and do it correctly or i am a mess...so I will so my every other day as i am now, and just plan accordingly...I am worth it and losing this fat is worth it...

have a great day
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sounds like you have a plan Stacy, and that's what it's all about. Good for you for making yourself and your goals a priority! And as for being a all or nothing, planner gal, ME TOO! You may be amazed at how, once you trust JUDDD and your body, you'll gain some ability to allow yourself some flexibility. I'm pretty much type-A, control freak girl, and I'm feeling much more free and easy "messing" with the plan when the need comes up. You'll get there!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
As a newbie I have a quick question please....I know that we have date night every single Saturday night which includes dinner out,,,If I did the rotation of every other day UD/DD then I would hit some DD on saturdays, which is hard for going out...

I was wondering is it just as effective if you do every single week the same days are UD/DD's....like every week M-W-F-Sun would be DD and T-Th would be UD..would this work just as well as an every other day rotation even if you have 2 DD in a row ( Sun-Mon)

Thanks
2 DDs in a row is never suggested as a good thing, though some do it. What I would do and what I use to do when I was a JUDDD BUDDD was do M-W-F as DDs T-T-S as UDs and make Sunday a MD, eating only 1,000 calories. It worked well for me at the time.

BUT I would like to suggest you give this WOE at least 2 weeks to "kick in" and get your body use to it. There is much written here by many seasoned JUDDDers that have said that when they followed the prescribed rotation for at least 2 weeks they found that it works it's magic in a wonderful way.

If not for a binging issue with IF WOE I would still be doing JUDDD! It's a wonderful weight loss and maintenance WOE and I felt very healthy doing JUDDD! Too bad my head didn't like it!

JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!!

Edited to say: I just read your last post that you have decided to do JUDDD as suggested and I'm sure you will find that it will work wonders for you this way, as it has for many of us! All the best to your weight loss!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-09-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote