Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Question for Nancy (Gotsomeold) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799015-question-nancy-gotsomeold.html)

Yam-Yam 03-08-2013 11:04 AM

Question for Nancy (Gotsomeold)
 
Had to tell you this because I am laughing and think you will too.

I saw "PHD foods" in your signature and didn't know what that meant. Was going to ask you (ok! I'm asking now!) but since I Google search everything I typed "What are PHD foods?" into Google hoping to get a quickie answer.

Here is the answer:

PHD Products - visit our new store at xxxxxxxxxxxx
PHD provides natural dog food, natural cat food, pet vitamins, pet supplements, homeopathic pet products and pet treats with the goal of achieving a higher quality of ...
phdproducts.xxxxx

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So sorry, but I spit my gulp of coffee all over my self laughing when that came up!

I know you are NOT eating dog food. :hyst: I'm seriously laughing out loud while I'm writing this.

So, go ahead, explain to me what PHD foods are. Sorry for my ignorance.

(Of course, if it is dog food, I'll bet I WOULD lose weight switching to a plan like that!:sick:)

Oh, and the irony is I think the post I read by you was partly about how JUDD makes us want gourmet food after we are JUDDing for a while. LOL!:lol:

Yam-Yam 03-08-2013 11:06 AM

ETA: I xxxx'd out the website because I think we are not supposed to post websites that sell stuff, right? ....still laughing here...:D

sunday 03-08-2013 11:23 AM

:lol::laugh: Perfect Health Diet foods! :hyst:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...iet-march.html

So good to have you back here YamYam! :hugs:

svenskamae 03-08-2013 11:27 AM

PHD foods are "Perfect Health Diet" foods. There's a Perfect Health Diet thread under "Other plans." It's kind of like paleo with more "safe starches" like rice and potatoes, with an emphasis on choosing food for nutritional value.

I've been following along in the discussion of PHD foods, and it's hard for me not to read it as foods for people with a doctorate degree (abbreviated PhD for Doctor of Philosophy). :hyst: Most of the people I know who have PhDs are not eating a "Perfect Health Diet," though, and none of them are eating dog food. :D

Sorry to be repetitive; I see that Sunday and I were posting at the same time.

Yam-Yam 03-08-2013 11:29 AM

Thanks Sunday! I just checked out your thread. Great info.

Yam-Yam 03-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16303870)
PHD foods are "Perfect Health Diet" foods. There's a Perfect Health Diet thread under "Other plans." It's kind of like paleo with more "safe starches" like rice and potatoes, with an emphasis on choosing food for nutritional value.

I've been following along in the discussion of PHD foods, and it's hard for me not to read it as foods for people with a doctorate degree (abbreviated PhD for Doctor of Philosophy). :hyst: Most of the people I know who have PhDs are not eating a "Perfect Health Diet," though, and none of them are eating dog food. :D

Sorry to be repetitive; I see that Sunday and I were posting at the same time.


:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had second thoughts after starting the thread that maybe no one else would think the PHD dog food answer I got was funny! Thank you for this!:rofl:

sunday 03-08-2013 11:32 AM

bwahaha! Sven, now I am laughing out loud! :lol:

What an idea! Having to eat the right foods to become a PhD. :D

deboratpc 03-08-2013 12:00 PM

We talk about potato hacks so much around here that I thought it stood for Potato Hack Day...........:hyst::hyst::hyst::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sterlinggirl 03-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deboratpc (Post 16303941)
We talk about potato hacks so much around here that I thought it stood for Potato Hack Day...........:hyst::hyst::hyst::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:hyst::hyst::rofl: This was a def mood lifter today this whole thread.. wow

sorenkkg 03-08-2013 01:21 PM

So, it's not food that magically makes you smarter and gets you a PhD degree?

:hyst: LOL

Luv2Eat 03-08-2013 01:38 PM

:D:hyst::rofl:

Carly 03-08-2013 01:44 PM

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

At my graduation from NYU when I got my masters degree- NYU gave Bill Cosby a PhD. I thought that was quite unfair since he didn't even take a single class or write a thesis...

But if PHD foods earn you a PhD- I'm in!!!!!!! I could skip the 8 years involved in course work and research... I already enjoy eating!

Yam-Yam 03-08-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16304152)
:hyst::hyst::hyst:

At my graduation from NYU when I got my masters degree- NYU gave Bill Cosby a PhD. I thought that was quite unfair since he didn't even take a single class or write a thesis...

But if PHD foods earn you a PhD- I'm in!!!!!!! I could skip the 8 years involved in course work and research... I already enjoy eating!

:lol:

Librarygirl 03-08-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16304152)
:hyst::hyst::hyst:

At my graduation from NYU when I got my masters degree- NYU gave Bill Cosby a PhD. I thought that was quite unfair since he didn't even take a single class or write a thesis...

But if PHD foods earn you a PhD- I'm in!!!!!!! I could skip the 8 years involved in course work and research... I already enjoy eating!

At our last graduation I was sitting beside a professor who was muttering throughout the ceremony. At one point honorary doctorate degrees were given to several people and I heard him mutter under his breath, "Just like that, eh?" :laugh::laugh:

Carly 03-08-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16304614)
At our last graduation I was sitting beside a professor who was muttering throughout the ceremony. At one point honorary doctorate degrees were given to several people and I heard him mutter under his breath, "Just like that, eh?" :laugh::laugh:

That was pretty much what I was thinking:annoyed:

Librarygirl 03-08-2013 05:44 PM

I know, right? :D I think I will wait to be awarded a honorary PhD. ;)

Carly 03-08-2013 07:04 PM

Yes, well the real ones take a whole lot of time and effort. That is what is a little off putting about giving honorary ones away the same day that people who earned them are being recognized.

Librarygirl 03-08-2013 07:15 PM

Agreed. I have gotten my Masters and have thought about going further, but not too thrilled about getting back into school/study mode. Not to mention the cost!

Luv2Eat 03-08-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16304771)
Yes, well the real ones take a whole lot of time and effort. That is what is a little off putting about giving honorary ones away the same day that people who earned them are being recognized.

:annoyed:

gotsomeold 03-09-2013 02:23 PM

:rofl::hyst::rofl::hyst::rofl:

Hey Yam-Yam, life is very busy for me these days (I seem to be working on a PHD in buying and selling houses) so I miss a lot.

Sorry I am late to this party! You will be glad to know I was sipping coffee when I read this and ... well ... been painting walls all afternoon, needed a shower anyway.

Yam-Yam 03-10-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16306106)
:rofl::hyst::rofl::hyst::rofl:

Hey Yam-Yam, life is very busy for me these days (I seem to be working on a PHD in buying and selling houses) so I miss a lot.

Sorry I am late to this party! You will be glad to know I was sipping coffee when I read this and ... well ... been painting walls all afternoon, needed a shower anyway.

:lol::lol: Love it! Coffe/spit shower for pre-shower!:hyst:

Shari4 03-10-2013 03:19 PM

:hyst::hyst::rofl::rofl::hyst::hyst:

I just love you guys!!! :hugs:

Kissa 03-10-2013 05:10 PM

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst: Nice to have time to catch up with all my mad friends.:high5:

Yam-Yam 03-11-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shari4 (Post 16307720)
:hyst::hyst::rofl::rofl::hyst::hyst:

I just love you guys!!! :hugs:

:heart: Exactly how I feel!:hugs:

Yam-Yam 03-11-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16307920)
:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst: Nice to have time to catch up with all my mad friends.:high5:

Nothing is too crazy for this bunch, right?:hyst:

gotsomeold 03-11-2013 06:37 PM

Hey, you can only keep the biggest bunch of happy losers in the world a secret for so long.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.