Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Wow! She could seriously pass for decades younger, especially if she colored her hair, but I'm glad she doesn't because she looks AMAZING. Thanks Sunday for the inspiration!
Her neck & face resemble a 20 year old! And her husband of 56 years is so cute and her biggest fan. Any time I look at myself in the mirror and wonder if I ever will make it to my goal, I think of Ernestine. She has won the Guinness World Record for bodybuilding and runs 10K every morn when she is training for a marathon. Truly inspirational!

Quote:
What happened was that the 56-year-old version of Ernestine went bathing suit shopping with her sister, Velvet. While trying on the suits, they found themselves laughing at each other. Then and there they knew it was time to get in better shape. Ernestine and her sister joined a gym and started working out together. A short time later, Velvet died suddenly from a brain aneurysm. Devastated, Ernestine stopped going to the gym. After some months of mourning the loss of her sister and on the advice of a friend that her sister would have wanted her to continue what they had started, Ernestine returned to the gym with a reignited determination to get fit.

Starting slowly and building her body step by little step, Ernestine over time completely transformed not only her body, but her life, too. She has never been happier. She trains mostly senior women five days a week and “live(s) to inspire senior women to reach their physical potential.”

Personally, she likes to compete in 5K and 10K races and run marathons. She’s up at 4 A.M. to get in her 10-mile runs and puts in upwards to 80 miles a week when training for an upcoming marathon. Ernestine also strength trains four or more days a week. In 2007 (at age 71) she asked Yohnnie Shambourger (former Mr. Universe) to train her to compete as a bodybuilder. Seven months later she entered her first bodybuilding competition. In this first contest she took first place in her class at the Natural East Coast Tournament of Champions bodybuilding competition – out posing women decades younger.

Despite all the exercise, Ernestine says that she has no aches or pains whatsoever and has never been injured — not at all — in the 17 years of her new improved life. This 5-foot 5-inch, 130-pound dynamo sports 9 to 10% bodyfat; these single-digit percentages are usually reserved for elite-professional male athletes in their prime! She takes no medications. She loves her new life’s work, enjoys more energy than those decades younger and has never been more successful. What’s her secret? Let’s look at some of what allows Ernestine to defy “normal” aging:

Last edited by sunday; 03-07-2013 at 07:15 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I agree with Kimberly & Cindy! Love your attitude!

Ernestine is my inspiration and hope she can help you to see that we are never too old. She was 73 when she began body building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SION6Y82rS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wXF...0BFFE1&index=6

One more suggestion, if you have never tried Kettlebells, they are wonderful for the torso and arms. Very easy. I keep one at the office and take mini breaks just for my arms. One word, start w/ 5 or 10 lbs and work up. I enjoy walking/jogging with arm weights and have been doing so for years. Callanetics arm exercises, so simple and easy to do anywhere.
Wow, just watched the youtube footage of her and that's incredible!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Her neck & face resemble a 20 year old! And her husband of 56 years is so cute and her biggest fan. Any time I look at myself in the mirror and wonder if I ever will make it to my goal, I think of Ernestine. She has won the Guinness World Record for bodybuilding and runs 10K every morn when she is training for a marathon. Truly inspirational!
WOW Sunday this is an amazing story and i am glad you put this out for me to see.. We all need to just belive in the power of our selves.. and this lady proved it.. Truly inspiring~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
WOW Sunday this is an amazing story and i am glad you put this out for me to see.. We all need to just belive in the power of our selves.. and this lady proved it.. Truly inspiring~
You are living it friend! YOU inspire me as well!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #35
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'm going to start skin brushing today-thanks so much for the info!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/155/136, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Thanks a lot Sunday, for the inspirational story and links! Gives us all a hope!
P.S. My DH and the beauticians I go to for waxing, say that the scars they see from arm/thigh tuck surgeries are awful!

Last edited by jdforshort; 03-11-2013 at 12:00 AM..
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More inspiration that really made my day! She is 93 and she has the best attitude and spirit! I love that she is dancing w/ someone 60 years her junior.

93 Year-Old Yoga Instructor Can Still Pose Perfectly - YouTube