Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
How cool is this?

So, I was checking out burger king b/c they have sweet potato fries now (or limited time?) and not sure if the US site is like this, but the Canadian site has this feature where you can "add" a menu item (and when you're on the item, you can see full nutrition info at the click of a button... including the limited time items)... And you can "build a meal"

so i added the new pulled pork sandwich (470 cal, 61g carbs) and the small sweet potato fries (290 cal, 36g carbs) and when I click on "my items" I thought I'd see just a price listing but NO! No price, just the total cals for the "meal" and carbs and allergens.

I think this is huge progress in the world of fast food! I haven't eaten at BK in probably 10yrs, but I think this is nifty, and easier to use than their PDF (which most sites have, and I'm happy with it, but this is better).

Anyway, just when you think things couldn't get any cooler, they do!

Your intrepid reporter, over and out.
S.
__________________
--Soren
New Blog post: Sweet Potato Souffle and Calamity Story http://justforkit.blogspot.com/2013/...-calamity.html

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member
 
akilah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: washington state
Posts: 22
Gallery: akilah
Stats: 145/133/120
WOE: zone
Start Date: late october 2012
I love fast food sites that have those tools!! It really helps you make better choices, or being able to say "wait i can work this into my calorie budget!" lol
akilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
i sooo love that!! I have a burger king gift cardfor $25 , so i'm gonna check this out.
Jimmy Johns and Einstein's bagels have something like that too
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,848
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Several fast food places do that now. I often use the Panda Express meal builder (just did today as a matter of fact). It makes it so easy!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,490
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Mcdonalds website does this too, it's awesome!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Very cool! I just noticed this and McD's this morning too (checking out the Shamrock Shake )!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Thankyou, our investigative reporter and news anchor....well we do need one and you qualify, I believe...So Burger King has pulled pork,,wow..I must try that , it's a favorite of mine...and I didnt' even know..wendy's used to have the sweet potato fries..but no longer...my local Mcdonalds said last week that their shake machine was broken, so couldn't get my once a year Shamrock shake..I will trade the shake for a pulled pork sandwich anytime tho.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Very cool! I just noticed this and McD's this morning too (checking out the Shamrock Shake )!
Happy to be of service!

Speaking of shake (which that above emoticon is)... YES, I was checking those out too... I don't think I've had one since maybe 1977... I think Saturday's UD is going to be my day! And maybe the sweetpotato fries from BK (though there isn't one close, so we'll have to drive for a bit to find one)...

I'm going to go plan my calories for Saturday to incorporate these! LOL

ETA-- OMG, a small shamrock shake is 530 calories OMG OMG OMG that's insane!
don't ask about the medium or large... wow. wow wow wow.

wow.

Last edited by sorenkkg; 03-07-2013 at 12:24 PM..
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
Shari4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 1,144
Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Subway has that feature on their website! It really helps me when I plan a salad. I rarely eat a sub......too much bread for me! But, DH & DS love 'em!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,297
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
So grateful for those tools. Where I struggle are places like Mexican restaurants and places like that. I've been just doing searches on calories in a burrito, taco, and other items like that, but not restaurants are the same. Just wondered if there were any good tips for places like that? I found a website that has several places listed, but if it's not a chain then it's not listed so I just have a hard time figuring calories for places like that and wondered what to do? I love Mexican so any suggestions?
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
JM-- the way I do it, is this: knowing what you know about the food served at chains, compare the food at the non-chain restaurant to that, to the best of your ability.

So, is the taco more like restaurant X or restaurant Y.

If you cook at home, and know your amounts well, you could also maybe look in a taco (say) and know that looks to be about 2oz of ground beef ... but ya, you won't know the % fat, which has a big impact on ground beef.

When I'm really unsure, I do sometimes ask the waitress to ask the kitchen. A restaurant I go to, which is a chain, didn't have something listed (the extra chicken you can have on a salad). So I asked, and it was 5oz grilled, and I was able to find that in my tracker.

Worst come to worst (and ymmv on this): but on an UD, one estimated meal now and then won't wipe you off the face of the map. It's good to do what you can, but don't make yourself crazy.

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 3,184
Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Very cool! I just noticed this and McD's this morning too (checking out the Shamrock Shake )!
Nooooooo! don't check out the shamrock shake! A small has 500 calories!! I used to love those things...anything minty is a friend to me.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 3,184
Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Happy to be of service!

Speaking of shake (which that above emoticon is)... YES, I was checking those out too... I don't think I've had one since maybe 1977... I think Saturday's UD is going to be my day! And maybe the sweetpotato fries from BK (though there isn't one close, so we'll have to drive for a bit to find one)...

I'm going to go plan my calories for Saturday to incorporate these! LOL

ETA-- OMG, a small shamrock shake is 530 calories OMG OMG OMG that's insane!
don't ask about the medium or large... wow. wow wow wow.

wow.

Hehe! Didn't notice this post when I posted my reply, the large is 900+ calories!!

Crazy, but yummy!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,297
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
JM-- the way I do it, is this: knowing what you know about the food served at chains, compare the food at the non-chain restaurant to that, to the best of your ability.

So, is the taco more like restaurant X or restaurant Y.

If you cook at home, and know your amounts well, you could also maybe look in a taco (say) and know that looks to be about 2oz of ground beef ... but ya, you won't know the % fat, which has a big impact on ground beef.

When I'm really unsure, I do sometimes ask the waitress to ask the kitchen. A restaurant I go to, which is a chain, didn't have something listed (the extra chicken you can have on a salad). So I asked, and it was 5oz grilled, and I was able to find that in my tracker.

Worst come to worst (and ymmv on this): but on an UD, one estimated meal now and then won't wipe you off the face of the map. It's good to do what you can, but don't make yourself crazy.

S.
So just get it as close as you can and don't sweat it? Makes sense.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
ETA-- OMG, a small shamrock shake is 530 calories OMG OMG OMG that's insane!
don't ask about the medium or large... wow. wow wow wow.

wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Nooooooo! don't check out the shamrock shake! A small has 500 calories!! I used to love those things...anything minty is a friend to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Hehe! Didn't notice this post when I posted my reply, the large is 900+ calories!!

Crazy, but yummy!
I know, I know! But one time this year I'm going to budget it in and have one. I'll decide the size that day. I am going to have them leave off the whipped cream and cherry (hey, it helps a little!)
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I know, I know! But one time this year I'm going to budget it in and have one. I'll decide the size that day. I am going to have them leave off the whipped cream and cherry (hey, it helps a little!)
Oh, there's whipped cream? Clearly, that's like 400 cals right there...
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
Kimmietoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 531
Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
JM-- the way I do it, is this: knowing what you know about the food served at chains, compare the food at the non-chain restaurant to that, to the best of your ability.

So, is the taco more like restaurant X or restaurant Y.

If you cook at home, and know your amounts well, you could also maybe look in a taco (say) and know that looks to be about 2oz of ground beef ... but ya, you won't know the % fat, which has a big impact on ground beef.

When I'm really unsure, I do sometimes ask the waitress to ask the kitchen. A restaurant I go to, which is a chain, didn't have something listed (the extra chicken you can have on a salad). So I asked, and it was 5oz grilled, and I was able to find that in my tracker.

Worst come to worst (and ymmv on this): but on an UD, one estimated meal now and then won't wipe you off the face of the map. It's good to do what you can, but don't make yourself crazy.

S.


Great info, Soren! Thanks!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
So grateful for those tools. Where I struggle are places like Mexican restaurants and places like that. I've been just doing searches on calories in a burrito, taco, and other items like that, but not restaurants are the same. Just wondered if there were any good tips for places like that? I found a website that has several places listed, but if it's not a chain then it's not listed so I just have a hard time figuring calories for places like that and wondered what to do? I love Mexican so any suggestions?
In a Mexican restaurant, I always order fajitas with a side of guacamole and a side of salsa and ignore the side dishes. But I watch carbs as much as calories.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
OMG...those shakes are that much?..oh wow...well thanks for checking it out, Soren..cause I really shouldn't have one..so I guess it was an omen that my local McD's has a broken machine..oh..and you have not had one since 1977?..
wow,...so you had one while you were still in your high chair, right?,. cause I would have guessed you were born about then..well, as they say..onward and downward..it seems I have just got my heart set on losing this weight..I have to visit relatives out of state this summer, and one of them..she used to go into the room I had, and she would look at my clothes that I'd hung up in the closet to see what size they were..,she didn't know that I ever found out..so I thought..well if I could lose a nice chunk before summer, I would replace some tags with much smaller size numbers, and really get her goat..I am a pretty good practical joker, but really...I have never thought it was funny that she did that to me and then spread it around the family..so..payback seems appropriate.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
shirlc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,128
Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
In a Mexican restaurant, I always order fajitas with a side of guacamole and a side of salsa and ignore the side dishes. But I watch carbs as much as calories.

This is what I do, also. I'm allowing myself a lot more carbs these days, but still trying to watch them.
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 8,165
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Someone, forgot who, posted that some of the fast food places have apps for the phone that do this as well. I don't frequent fast food places that much, but when I do, most places here in NY, have the calorie counts right on the menu in the drive thru. I guess it's easy, because I'm never getting multiple items- maybe just a small fries and diet coke, so no adding necessary.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
OMG...those shakes are that much?..oh wow...well thanks for checking it out, Soren..cause I really shouldn't have one..so I guess it was an omen that my local McD's has a broken machine..oh..and you have not had one since 1977?..
wow,...so you had one while you were still in your high chair, right?,. cause I would have guessed you were born about then..well, as they say..onward and downward..it seems I have just got my heart set on losing this weight..I have to visit relatives out of state this summer, and one of them..she used to go into the room I had, and she would look at my clothes that I'd hung up in the closet to see what size they were..,she didn't know that I ever found out..so I thought..well if I could lose a nice chunk before summer, I would replace some tags with much smaller size numbers, and really get her goat..I am a pretty good practical joker, but really...I have never thought it was funny that she did that to me and then spread it around the family..so..payback seems appropriate.
Oh my gosh, Jaymar! That is horrible what she did! Nosy busy-body! Not to talk bad about your relatives, but come on! Yes, it would be just great to put her in a snit because you're so much smaller. You go girl!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I always go to the website of whatever restaurant I plan to visit. I noticed BK having this feature for a while now, and I like to use Wendy's too. It's great to know ahead of time just how much calories are in everything.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Happy to be of service!

Speaking of shake (which that above emoticon is)... YES, I was checking those out too... I don't think I've had one since maybe 1977... I think Saturday's UD is going to be my day! And maybe the sweetpotato fries from BK (though there isn't one close, so we'll have to drive for a bit to find one)...

I'm going to go plan my calories for Saturday to incorporate these! LOL

ETA-- OMG, a small shamrock shake is 530 calories OMG OMG OMG that's insane!
don't ask about the medium or large... wow. wow wow wow.

wow.
It would probably be better and much less calories to make your own shamrock shake lol. Mint ice cream, milk...ice? Also super, super easy to make sweet potato fries! Also better tasting than restaurants...just slice potatoes, toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It would probably be better and much less calories to make your own shamrock shake lol. Mint ice cream, milk...ice? Also super, super easy to make sweet potato fries! Also better tasting than restaurants...just slice potatoes, toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
Yeah, but it just doesn't taste the same as theirs, ya know? Now, sweet potato fries, I've got that down!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
McDonald’s Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe (makes 1 giant shake, or 2 generously sized shakes)
3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
1 3/4 cups 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food coloring, if desired
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and serve!

Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,490
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Oh, there's whipped cream? Clearly, that's like 400 cals right there...
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
McDonald’s Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe (makes 1 giant shake, or 2 generously sized shakes)
3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
1 3/4 cups 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food coloring, if desired
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and serve!

Hmmmmm.....I'm intrigued. It may be the peppermint extract that's the key. Darnit Cindy, now I'm going to have to calculate the difference in calories and have a taste test!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,167
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I did it for you. Total calories for the recipe above, using full-fat ice cream is around 1087. If you divided it into 2 (generous) shakes it would be comparable to McDs. Probably larger than their small, at least, and cheaper.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
OMG...those shakes are that much?..oh wow...well thanks for checking it out, Soren..cause I really shouldn't have one..so I guess it was an omen that my local McD's has a broken machine..oh..and you have not had one since 1977?..
wow,...so you had one while you were still in your high chair, right?,. cause I would have guessed you were born about then..well, as they say..onward and downward..it seems I have just got my heart set on losing this weight..I have to visit relatives out of state this summer, and one of them..she used to go into the room I had, and she would look at my clothes that I'd hung up in the closet to see what size they were..,she didn't know that I ever found out..so I thought..well if I could lose a nice chunk before summer, I would replace some tags with much smaller size numbers, and really get her goat..I am a pretty good practical joker, but really...I have never thought it was funny that she did that to me and then spread it around the family..so..payback seems appropriate.
A) 1972 and proud of it! LOL
B) OMG, what a nosy nellie! I support you on your practical joke, b/c she deserves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It would probably be better and much less calories to make your own shamrock shake lol. Mint ice cream, milk...ice? Also super, super easy to make sweet potato fries! Also better tasting than restaurants...just slice potatoes, toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
I know, you're right...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yeah, but it just doesn't taste the same as theirs, ya know? Now, sweet potato fries, I've got that down!
Exactly. Sometimes, even if you know it's probably going to be disappointing (see thread on frustration with food going on...) you just have to try something you remember, or go back to the place you grew up, or whatever like that, ya know? I'm sure if I do get one, I can go another 35yrs without it

On that same note, I'm going "sugaring off" (i.e. to a maple syrup farm) on the 29th... I literally haven't been to one since I was like 4yrs old and got maple taffy all in my super long 1970's hair I plan on enjoying everything, and maybe wearing a hat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
McDonald’s Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe (makes 1 giant shake, or 2 generously sized shakes)
3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
1 3/4 cups 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food coloring, if desired
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and serve!

Ooooh... I actually make really excellent mint ice cream-- it's usually the first flavor of the "season" b/c mint chocolate chip is dh's favorite. I totally add the green b/c seriously, what is mint without the green?












white. It's white.
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.