Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Playlists??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798926-playlists.html)

Farm Gal 03-07-2013 07:38 AM

Playlists???

Last week I dusted off and shook hands with my treadmill again. I'm finding I'm already getting bored with the music that I have in my playlists. I'm looking for some ideas to update my them. I'll pretty much give my age away by telling what I have, but that's ok and hopefully someone can give me suggestions for some newer artists.
Here's what I have-
Heart
Pat Benatar
38 Special
Journey
Bon Jovi
Plan to add already-
Daughtry
Nickelback
Rhianna
I find I can go longer on the treadmill if the music is upbeat!:sing: What do you all listen to??

Dottie 03-07-2013 07:39 AM

Train, Pink and Maroon 5 :)

Yennie 03-07-2013 07:53 AM

Greenday "Holiday" is my ultimate running song. I also like the techno pop stuff popular in clubs. Ordinarily I don't like it much but its got a great beat for running.
Search "Now thats what I call music" and look for the newer ones. They're full of upbeat pop songs that give you a good rhythm to run to. If nothing else, you'll run faster so you're done sooner so you can turn it off! :)

Farm Gal 03-07-2013 07:54 AM

Dottie-Ohhhh forgot about Maroon 5! I do like Adam!:love:
Will check into the others! Thanks a bunch for the input!!

Yennie-Great! Thanks! "Done sooner" is always good!!

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 08:17 AM

Dottie mentioned all the artists I was thinking about! Love P!nk for exercise and Train and Maroon 5 just for fun listening.

Farm Gal 03-07-2013 09:32 AM

Thanks for the input guys! I don't listen to the radio a lot mostly CDs and ya I'm kinda stuck in the 80's.....:o

BaileysGirl 03-07-2013 10:03 AM

Let me just start off by saying I LOVE ALL SORTS OF MUSIC! From Pink Floyd to Lil Wayne! I also like up beat music on my ipod for working out. I had a couple of good workout playlists set up.

Rihanna is def on the list! A few recent songs I've found I like are: Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris, Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia, Titanium by David Guetta.

I have upbeat songs from Prince, 30 Sec to Mars, Michael Jackson, Outkast, Fleetwood Mac, Usher, Katy Perry, Madonna, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, Beyonce

The Way You Move by Outkast should be on everyones playlist! :)
I find myself wanting to sing along but it makes me get out of breath worse!! LOL

hot-in-texas 03-07-2013 06:43 PM

How about gangnam style? Adele, green day, Katy Perry, call me maybe(don't know who sings it)
some of my favorites,: POD 'Alive' and Decypher Down, Toby Mac.

JMBM 03-07-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farm Gal (Post 16301270)
Dottie-Ohhhh forgot about Maroon 5! I do like Adam!:love:
Will check into the others! Thanks a bunch for the input!!

Yennie-Great! Thanks! "Done sooner" is always good!!

Yep, I also like
Maroon 5
Aerosmith
Oh, yeah the stones!!!!
John Fogerty (sp?)
Tina Turner
Shakirah

Enjoy!;)

hot-in-texas 03-07-2013 07:18 PM

I second shakira!

JMBM 03-07-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16302744)
I second shakira!

Me too! Her and Rhiana are awesome to work out with. I mostly just boogie as I'm in the car listening though. lol I have started walking with a friend, but we talk so can't really get my groove on walking with someone else.:hyst::sing:

JMBM 03-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16302744)
I second shakira!

I love that Tina Turner too! Can't beat Proud Mary. Now that lady is built like a brick house. At least the last time I saw her she was. Her legs are just unbelievable! Not fair:annoyed:

svenskamae 03-07-2013 08:30 PM

My favorite high energy music DVD is "Le Reve Oriental" by Dalida (1999)--a mix of Arabic, French, and disco rhythms, oddly enough.

krow134 03-07-2013 08:50 PM

I find I love running to linkin park and fall out boy. They both have beats that fall in step with my running pattern. The faster the beat the better I run!

Yennie 03-07-2013 09:51 PM

Oh, Linkin Park is good!
"Call Me Maybe" is by Carly Rae Jepson.
I also have some Lady Gaga for that dance/techno beat.