Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday - plans for success! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798920-ud-thursday-plans-success.html)

sorenkkg 03-07-2013 06:45 AM

UD Thursday - plans for success!
 
good morning peeps! :hiya:

I've not weighed yet (I'll admit, I'm a daily weigher) but I did spend some quality time last night planning my meals today, and I think I'm about 3 calories away from my max! :rolleyes:

We'll see how close reality comes to this well-laid-plan, eh? ;)

B: 3 eggs, 1 LC bagel, 3T lite cream cheese
L: 1/2 caulflower pizza crust, 3oz chicken strips (or maybe turkey pepperoni) and 1oz grated cheese
D: roast prime rib, greens puree, dark dark dark chocolate

2171 cals
42g net.

JMBM 03-07-2013 07:21 AM

B: 1 scrambled egg, 3 sl turkey bacon , 1 Tbsp h/h = 165

L: Not sure

S: Maybe a peanut butter smoothie = 245 (If I calculated correctly)
D: Thinking a hamburger with baked beans and mashed potatoes = 700ish

*I'm thinking I will continue to do smoothies and yogurts for my treats and just do a cupcake, brownie w/ice cream maybe only every now and then. This way I still get something I like, but wont totally blow me out of calorie range.:dunno:

Farm Gal 03-07-2013 07:23 AM

Happy Up Day!!!
B: 2 scrambled eggs, English muffin w/homemade strawberry jam (sugar free)
L: Not sure yet
D: Salisbury steak/Baked potato/Asparagus

JMBM 03-07-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16301076)
good morning peeps! :hiya:

I've not weighed yet (I'll admit, I'm a daily weigher) but I did spend some quality time last night planning my meals today, and I think I'm about 3 calories away from my max! :rolleyes:

We'll see how close reality comes to this well-laid-plan, eh? ;)

B: 3 eggs, 1 LC bagel, 3T lite cream cheese
L: 1/2 caulflower pizza crust, 3oz chicken strips (or maybe turkey pepperoni) and 1oz grated cheese
D: roast prime rib, greens puree, dark dark dark chocolate

2171 cals
42g net.

Sounds delish!:yummy:

LoCarbGal 03-07-2013 07:27 AM

Happy UD Thursday everyone! I'm looking forward to some satisfying food today, and again, I'm determined to come in under 2100.

B: Coffee w/HWC, maybe a small spoon of PB?
L: not sure yet. Maybe tuna salad or chicken salad?
D: Beans and ham
D: Cheesecake (this'll be the end of it, thank heaven)

Yennie 03-07-2013 07:35 AM

Morning all!
B: Coffee w skim milk, sf vanilla syrup
S: FF Greek yogurt w frozen blueberries & a bit of honey (220)
L: Having it with a friend, not sure yet where we'll go. I'm hoping Panera in which case the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (580)
D: Take & Bake Pizza - as much as I have calories left for the day ;)
Goal: 1990

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 07:59 AM

B: Jalapeno turkey burger, no cheese, iced tea, coffee
**DH made BLTs for dinner last night and got the most amazing thick cut applewood smoked bacon. The whole house smelled of nummy bacony goodness this morning. I'm patting myself on the back because I did NOT eat the rest of the bacon.
L: I'm thinking Panda Express
D: ??

JMBM 03-07-2013 08:19 AM

Ok, I think I've got the day planned.:up:

B: 165

L: PB sandwich w/3T. pb, 1/2 banana, 1/2 whole wheat pita, and 2 c. almond milk = 485

D: Cheesburger, 1/2 c. baked beans, 1 c. mashed potatoes =805

Treat: McDonalds lowfat vanilla cone = 200 website says 150, but I'm adding extra b/c sometimes they look rather large.

Grand Total = 1655 which leaves 86 calories for wiggle room!;)

akilah 03-07-2013 08:25 AM

I'm working today so I have 2200 calories to work with...2500 if I work out for a bit...
I am going towhat I feel like at the moment and just keep track of the calories on a sheet of paper...i have no problem counting calories..that doesn't bother me..but I hate planning everyting I am going to eat..I need that mental break from planning..lol..cinnamon roll for sure...100 calorie popcorn, ice cream, beer battered fish...I kind of just and automatically subtract 3 protein shakes from my calorie budget to guarantee that I don't carb and sugar up too much :) i seem to eat more fat than anything on UD...so thats a good sign...I am really stocked for my UD saturday though...we are celebrating my son's birthday...so i get pizza and cake!!! :D was kinda bummed a few weeks ago befoe i started juddd that i would not get any lol.

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 08:28 AM

My daughter's birthday party was one of the reasons I jumped ship from Atkins and moved to JUDDD. I took that weekend off and had pizza and cupcakes! :yummy: Best decision ever!

Missouri_Librarian 03-07-2013 08:34 AM

Hip Hip Hooray for Up Day :jumpjoy:


B; 3/4 cup fiber cinnamon cereal with 1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
S; 2 sf candies
l; package thin sliced turkey, 2 slices colby cheese, 5 strawberries w/1 splenda
D; 2 eggs scrambled with butter and 2 oz spicy sausage
S; serving bbq almonds

Cals: 1063,,carbs 29.....does this look better BUDDS? :dunno:

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian (Post 16301399)
Hip Hip Hooray for Up Day :jumpjoy:


B; 3/4 cup fiber cinnamon cereal with 1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
S; 2 sf candies
l; package thin sliced turkey, 2 slices colby cheese, 5 strawberries w/1 splenda
D; 2 eggs scrambled with butter and 2 oz spicy sausage
S; serving bbq almonds

Cals: 1063,,carbs 29.....does this look better BUDDS? :dunno:

Way too low for an UD. :confused:

Missouri_Librarian 03-07-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16301408)
Way too low for an UD. :confused:

How about 1 slice of toast with peanut butter with my dinner?

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 08:42 AM

If your UD numbers are 2209, you really need to get close to that. I'm not sure why you're restricting so much. I would be having 6 or 8 oz of that spicy sausage, a couple of servings of nuts, AND the toast and peanut butter.

I know it's counterintuitive to eat more to lose weight, but the work is being done on your DD and you need to fuel your body on your UDs. When I started, I weighed 267.8 pounds (more than you) and I got 2345 calories for UDs. I ate nearly all of those every UD and lost an average of 3 pounds per week in the first few months. I can only say what worked for me, and we're all different, but if you're restricting to 1000 calories on your UD and 500 on your DD, you're averaging 750 calories a day. That's starvation mode for any of us.

hot-in-texas 03-07-2013 08:44 AM

hello!! all of your food today looks sooooooo good!
B: coffee w/creamer, 2 Samoa cookies-200
L: ?
dinner-Thai coconut chicken soup(have never made this before, haven't figured out the calories yet..
Stacy, maybe you could add some extra sausage at dinner, some cheese with your scrambled eggs, and a salad at lunch with high calorie dressing, pecans or other nuts

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16301435)
hello!! all of your food today looks sooooooo good!
B: coffee w/creamer, 2 Samoa cookies-200
L: ?
dinner-Thai coconut chicken soup(have never made this before, haven't figured out the calories yet..
Stacy, maybe you could add some extra sausage at dinner, some cheese with your scrambled eggs, and a salad at lunch with high calorie dressing, pecans or other nuts

That soup sounds so good. Can you freeze and ship some? I'd ask for the recipe, but who am I kidding? I will never make it! :o

And I NEED to find some girl scouts soon! All this talk of GS cookies is making me crazy.

Missouri_Librarian 03-07-2013 08:52 AM

ok working on redoing my dinner meal...lunch is already here with me, but I can redo dinner and snacks tonight no problem....thanks

sorenkkg 03-07-2013 08:53 AM

Dawn is right, Stacy :)

It's ok to restrict carbs if you want (or follow any WOE plan you want) BUT you must get close to your numbers. I think the book says 100 cal either way is sort of allowable, but it's all about the difference between UD and DD that gets your body making the SIRT stuff.

And, you and I weigh about the same (when I started this year) and I can say, you need 2200 cal.

So, back to the drawing board! EAT MORE or at least more caloric food on your UDs! It's crazy but it WORKS.
*************

Dawn-- what's it with our hubbies and the thick bacon? :heart: I'm so proud you held out till today! :high5: That bacon is quite the temptress she is!

Yam-Yam 03-07-2013 08:54 AM

All I know right now is I want to stay within my 1900 calorie allotment.

So far I've had coffee with half and half and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.

I think I'm hungry for a mushroom, cheese, onion omelet. That might be like a brunch, mid morning.

Have to run to the store today and I keep thinking about the wine I passed on the other night when DH wanted to get it. Maybe tonight's the night?

So, I have to think about my food choices so I can afford 2 glasses of wine! ha!

Probably Mahi-Mahi or Cod for dinner with brown rice and veggies. I might skip the rice and let DH eat it all.

Anyway! Thinking through my fingers because I have obviously not meticulously planned my food yet!

If I can stay within my 1900 calories, stay kinda lower carb and get in plenty of lean protein, that's my plan.

Flutter 03-07-2013 08:54 AM

LOL! I'm cracking up at you, Dawn. "It sounds so good, but I'll never make it" LOLOL!!! :heart:

Stacy, gf, you GOTTA EAT!!!!!!!!!! That's the great part about JUDDDing girl! eat, eat, eat on those UDs!!!!

Not sure about today. Hoping to have lunch with DH and clueless about dinner. OY! I will just plug in cals as I go! So far just coffee w/ sf creamer, 2 HB eggs and I just nibbled on 2 teenie homemade cc cookies. Calculator says 285 right now.

Flutter 03-07-2013 08:55 AM

Yamster, your food sounds DIIIIIVINE today! I wish I could come over! Yum yum yumvilles!! (ps: yes, go for the wine w/ hubster today!!!)

hot-in-texas 03-07-2013 08:58 AM

stacy, we just don't want your body to think it's starving :) which it would be at an average of only like 7-800 a day:hugs:
I have an idea for your next UD. Yesterday I bought some already cut up chicken fajita meat, it was cut nicely, not in scrawny little pieces. I coated the chicken with an even parts mixture of black pepper, garlic powder and cumin, then I sliced 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper and 1 onion. Salted the vegies, then threw it in the bowl with the chicken and tossed everything together. I got a pan hot(high heat) sprayed with Pam, dumped the chicken and peppers and onion mixture in, and stir fried for under 5 minutes.. It was delish!

Missouri_Librarian 03-07-2013 09:03 AM

great idea and I actually have some of that fajita meat in chicken as well as beef in my freezer from my lc days...

I am eating some almonds as i type and I have some yogurt in the fridge here at work, I will throw in at lunch and will tweak my dinner..i will get there

thanks for the help <3

akilah 03-07-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16301377)
My daughter's birthday party was one of the reasons I jumped ship from Atkins and moved to JUDDD. I took that weekend off and had pizza and cupcakes! :yummy: Best decision ever!

LOL! how funny!! i started last saturday with a DD and I didn't really calculate it until tuesday that I get to be a normal person on saturday! i am kinda scared of the cake though...pizza is easy to track...it's going to be in the afternoon so my plan is to eat a light breakfast and light dinner :P

akilah 03-07-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16301426)
If your UD numbers are 2209, you really need to get close to that. I'm not sure why you're restricting so much. I would be having 6 or 8 oz of that spicy sausage, a couple of servings of nuts, AND the toast and peanut butter.

I know it's counterintuitive to eat more to lose weight, but the work is being done on your DD and you need to fuel your body on your UDs. When I started, I weighed 267.8 pounds (more than you) and I got 2345 calories for UDs. I ate nearly all of those every UD and lost an average of 3 pounds per week in the first few months. I can only say what worked for me, and we're all different, but if you're restricting to 1000 calories on your UD and 500 on your DD, you're averaging 750 calories a day. That's starvation mode for any of us.

^^ Agree..i know from experience :(

Yam-Yam 03-07-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16301470)
Yamster, your food sounds DIIIIIVINE today! I wish I could come over! Yum yum yumvilles!! (ps: yes, go for the wine w/ hubster today!!!)

Oh good! Somebody gave me written permission for wine tonight!:rofl::rofl: So, wine it is for the yamster! :rofl::rofl::rofl:(I'm picturing a little hamster sipping wine and then running in the wheel! :hyst:)

Flutter, you are adorable!;)

sorenkkg 03-07-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16301506)
So, wine it is for the yamster! :rofl::rofl::rofl:(I'm picturing a little hamster sipping wine and then running in the wheel! :hyst:)

I got the same image with yamster! with a teeeeny tiny wine glass.. :hyst: :rofl:

SlowSure 03-07-2013 09:46 AM

My 3rd UD with the Potato Hack and I know from the previous x2 that I can't make the UD calories with potato and condiments. So, I'm heeding the advice of other people who've done it to eat the potato to satiety and I've added in a rice meal. I still won't make my 1800 calories but I'll be nearer it than I would be without the rice.

If I continue with the PH, I may make the DD potato only but for UDs make rice x2 meals with x1 potato meal (and potato snacks if necessary) and see if that gets me nearer to my UD totals.

I'm thinking about trying congee (rice soup) for my next UD but I'll have to think hard about what to put with it that won't add fat but will contribute decent flavour.

Good luck to everyone on their UDs.

KeirasMom 03-07-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16301287)
B: Jalapeno turkey burger, no cheese, iced tea, coffee
**DH made BLTs for dinner last night and got the most amazing thick cut applewood smoked bacon. The whole house smelled of nummy bacony goodness this morning. I'm patting myself on the back because I did NOT eat the rest of the bacon.
L: I'm thinking Panda Express
D: ??

Planned the rest of my day.

L: Panda Express mixed vegetable/Shanghai beef bowl, Sobe grapefruit cranberry
D: Rotisserie chicken with organic horseradish mustard, sweet potato with coconut manna, green beans
Wine and maybe an eclair

LoCarbGal 03-07-2013 10:16 AM

Yamster - do you look like this at all?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Yamster:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.