Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Everything tastes better with JUDD! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798882-everything-tastes-better-judd.html)

Yam-Yam 03-06-2013 04:33 PM

Everything tastes better with JUDD!

I kid you not! I didn't know where else to say this so I'll say it here. Seriously. JUDDing makes food taste better. Any one agree? And, on top of that it gets me more in tune with my body so I know what I really want.

Today's lunch was supposed to be eggs and green peppers. That's what I planned on but my brain said, no, we want salmon. Thankfully I have some wild Alaskan salmon in the freezer. I took out two fillets and thawed them. Then grilled them lightly in EVOO and covered them in dill.

I made a big salad and put the salmon on top. It tasted like a gourmet meal! It was wonderful! Now I'm such a happy camper.

Funny that when I'm not on JUDD and just shoveling food in because it's there, even potato chips or a supreme pizza aren't that great.

Yay for how JUDD gets our appetites under control! Yay for healthy nutrition! I'm so thankful for taste buds that can enjoy healthy food. Yum!:yummy:

I think this goes along with someone saying we should savor our food. Yum. just. Yum!

mojocat 03-06-2013 04:43 PM

I def have a taste for different foods since JUDDDing as I only want to eat fruit, greek yoghurt, greek salad and salmon (and nuts but I'm not going to go there). I mean these foods are all I want to eat - I don't want anything else.

Before I used to be a big meat eater. I made a healthy veggie beef mince bolognaise sauce for my dinner and I can't look at it, let alone eat it, it just looks heavy and the thought of eating it makes my stomach hurl so I am going to palm it off onto DH. Can't complain, I'm craving good healthy foods which is a good thing. Do you think this is a side effect of JUDDD?

KeirasMom 03-06-2013 04:53 PM

I think we learn to enjoy the flavours so much more because of our DDs. At least, in my experience, I want the most taste bang for my caloric buck. That carries over into UDs and I can really enjoy the flavours of my "splurges" as well.

When something just doesn't taste as good as we thought it would, it's also much easier to just stop eating it. JUDDD is amazing for helping to regulate appetite as well as what we WANT to eat.

Carly 03-06-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16300150)

When something just doesn't taste as good as we thought it would, it's also much easier to just stop eating it. JUDDD is amazing for helping to regulate appetite as well as what we WANT to eat.

Totally agree!

Yennie 03-06-2013 06:30 PM

Second, third, and fourth all your opinions!
There are just things I don't want anymore...or things I'm ok with not finishing. Then there are things I really want but I want to listen to my body more (like that apple cobbler from a few weeks ago). But I'm so proud of myself for passing on it - its brought more satisfaction in the long term than eating that cobbler would have! :)

sorenkkg 03-06-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16300113)
Yum. just. Yum!

ummm... I think that's Yam. just Yam. :D

:hyst:

Seabreezes 03-06-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16300443)

Cute:jumpjoy:

Yam-Yam 03-06-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojocat (Post 16300132)
I def have a taste for different foods since JUDDDing as I only want to eat fruit, greek yoghurt, greek salad and salmon (and nuts but I'm not going to go there). I mean these foods are all I want to eat - I don't want anything else.

Before I used to be a big meat eater. I made a healthy veggie beef mince bolognaise sauce for my dinner and I can't look at it, let alone eat it, it just looks heavy and the thought of eating it makes my stomach hurl so I am going to palm it off onto DH. Can't complain, I'm craving good healthy foods which is a good thing. Do you think this is a side effect of JUDDD?

That's what I'm thinking! It's a really good thing for me. I'm not craving anything unhealthy right now. :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16300443)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LoCarbGal 03-06-2013 09:48 PM

I think you guys are right. I can have a tiny little serving of something and still enjoy the taste, while not obsessing about wanting more. I can even enjoy the smell of something yummy and not have any. Oh, I might want some, but not in an uncomfortable way. I also think my sense of smell is WAY sharper on DDs. Anyone else?

Librarygirl 03-07-2013 04:29 AM

I still want "treats" like decadent cupcakes and gourmet ice cream, but yes I will certainly pass on "treats" that aren't special. As I get more into JUDDD, 4 months now, I am definitely wanting more healthy, quality food than all the "junk" I wanted to eat in the beginning just because I could.