Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I'm grumpy and annoyed...

and just venting.

BLAH!

I'm tired of my scale. I'm tired of second guessing myself and whether I'm doing my UD/DD calories right these days. I know I am definately spoiled since I lost quickly in the beginning, so just ignore me. Maybe this is a little bit of diet fatigue rearing it's ugly face and since the scale is being stupid, it's hitting me.

I just needed a post to feel sorry for myself for a minute. And finally post it instead of moping about it all day.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...and thanks for listening!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Dumb metal monster!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
You don't have far to go, Flutter! That's probably why it's slowing down a little. I'm sure that Dawn and Carly can attest to that. It's good to vent though, and tell that cold metal thing where to go!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Actually, your venting made me feel better, because I'm pretty discouraged about my current stall, and somehow it helps to know that other JUDDD BUDDs go through the same sort of thing. Here's hoping both of our scales shape up and start dropping!
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
Melinda.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I hear you! I'm personally scared to step on the scale these days, so you are braver than me. In hope it starts coming down, but I once heard a wise person say the scale lies and it is evil.!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Marika....your back yay!!!!!!!!

I have to admit my scales aren't moving much down these days but I still LOVE the scales since JUDDDing because before that they just kept on going up and up and up............. Now they are either down, the same or a tiny bit up. Woo hoo... This is why I'm committing to JUDDD because there are no alternatives for me apart from HCG (yuk....the food); Atkins/LC (major stall after a while) or Green Juice Fasting (have to be in the right frame of mind for that one). I'm just happy they aren't going up and I can eat.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I once heard a wise person say the scale lies and it is evil.!
That's one very wise person!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Dumb metal monster!
thank you, Dawn! I nearly spit out my soda reading that! xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
You don't have far to go, Flutter! That's probably why it's slowing down a little. I'm sure that Dawn and Carly can attest to that. It's good to vent though, and tell that cold metal thing where to go!
Yea, I know. I am sure things are just readjusting, etc, but I am a perfectionist and like to know I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. when I would stall on south beach, I knew it was just a lull because I wasn't eating the "forbidden evil white stuff". with JUDDD, I now worry I am under calories and in starvation mode, or maybe not, maybe Lowering UD cals was ok and WL should be slowing...but how do I know? Gah! I could go on and on! Where is this JUDDD calm??? I liked the beginning when I knew my numbers for sure and things worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Actually, your venting made me feel better, because I'm pretty discouraged about my current stall, and somehow it helps to know that other JUDDD BUDDs go through the same sort of thing. Here's hoping both of our scales shape up and start dropping!
I am sorry you are frustrated, too!!! It sucks!!! We need a stupid scale icon where the smiley dude smashes the scale. stupid evil scale!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I hear you! I'm personally scared to step on the scale these days, so you are braver than me. In hope it starts coming down, but I once heard a wise person say the scale lies and it is evil.!
Who said that? Ack, it does and IT IS!!!! xoxo you are doing great, love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post

I have to admit my scales aren't moving much down these days but I still LOVE the scales since JUDDDing because before that they just kept on going up and up and up............. Now they are either down, the same or a tiny bit up. Woo hoo... This is why I'm committing to JUDDD because there are no alternatives for me apart from HCG (yuk....the food); Atkins/LC (major stall after a while) or Green Juice Fasting (have to be in the right frame of mind for that one). I'm just happy they aren't going up and I can eat.
Yes, you have a great attitude and I totally agree. I do love JUDDD, but the scale still bites! I am still super committed but peeved and throwing an adult tantrum anyways. Because I can. I do feel a wee bit better now.

thanks sweet JBs!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I only have a great attitude at the moment because I'm on an UD. Just wait until the end of the evening when I'm bloated and upset with myself for not eating less. This is a rollercoaster ride at times. Hang in there xxx
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Holler! Stupid, stupid scales.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm sending the whoosh fairy to all who need her. I don't need her at the moment so she's out and on her way!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Mel!

I hate the second guessing too, but sometimes it leads to things like trying something new that does work... sometimes, maybe your body is just taking a break, especially if you lost quickly at first.

I dunno, it's stupid and sucky, but you WILL get there eventually, and it is NOT a race-- you are more than 1/2 way to your goal! like, 3/5ths there!
(or whatever... my math is poor don't judge. I was told there'd be no math involved... )

Hang in there-- try something different (I swear, lemon water is my new obsession, shhhh.... lest there be a run on lemons....) and keep coming here!

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Aww Mel ! It's so frustrating! You're working it, and sticking with it, and I know it'll all be rewarded soon. Just getting through this stupid spell with the scale is tough, I know.

Have you measured? Tried on another size? Maybe things are happening that the scale is ignoring (stupid!).

I'm glad you vented. Just doing that sometimes makes it more manageable, and I know all the love flowing from the JBs is like tonic too.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post

Hi Mojo- I am not going anywhere. I love JUDD, even though I go banannas on some UD. I think to keep the binge monster at bay I need to stick to low carbs (especially during PMS).
Glad to hear the scale is not going up. Hang in there and soon will start going down again.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
At my TOPS meeting someone was talking about this and how she would think she was doing well one day then get on the scale in the morning and not see the results she wanted. That lead her to become angry and not care what she ate that day. By the end of the week she had gained a few pounds and was angry at herself again. She just decided to not weigh herself all week so she wouldn't be frustrated and just do everything she knew was right without torturing herself with the numbers. Tonight is her first weigh in trying this so we will see how she did. I hope the scales work in your favor soon and don't beat yourself up over it!!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/107/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
+1 for this.

I likewise find stalls demotivating, so much so that when I hit my last one in 2011 and several 'life happens' events all came within a few months, I took my eye off the ball and found myself back here at the beginning of 2013, with 17lbs more than the weight at which I let myself get discouraged just because I was stalled.

Maybe we need a JUDDD serenity fairy (as well as the whoosh one).
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Mel!

I hate the second guessing too, but sometimes it leads to things like trying something new that does work... sometimes, maybe your body is just taking a break, especially if you lost quickly at first.

I dunno, it's stupid and sucky, but you WILL get there eventually, and it is NOT a race-- you are more than 1/2 way to your goal! like, 3/5ths there!
(or whatever... my math is poor don't judge. I was told there'd be no math involved... )

Hang in there-- try something different (I swear, lemon water is my new obsession, shhhh.... lest there be a run on lemons....) and keep coming here!

S.
Thanks, Soren! I would try the lemon water except I for SURE wouldn't have any b/c my kids love lemons. Darn those kids!!! I may have to try anyways, since you love it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Aww Mel ! It's so frustrating! You're working it, and sticking with it, and I know it'll all be rewarded soon. Just getting through this stupid spell with the scale is tough, I know.

Have you measured? Tried on another size? Maybe things are happening that the scale is ignoring (stupid!).

I'm glad you vented. Just doing that sometimes makes it more manageable, and I know all the love flowing from the JBs is like tonic too.
Yea, I know the drill. The bounces actually don't bother me. It's when I look at the 1st of the month and end of the month numbers and realize I'm pretty much not moving that gets me going. Venting sometimes is good for the psyche anyways, so I'm venting! Bigtime!

I DID measure yesterday. In the past, I was always able to not let the scale bother me b/c I was usually down inches. Ah yea, not this time. I'm UP inches. Everywhere I measured. Again, I say,

It's all good...I'm not going anywhere, just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong...or if it's just something I need to be patient with. Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
At my TOPS meeting someone was talking about this and how she would think she was doing well one day then get on the scale in the morning and not see the results she wanted. That lead her to become angry and not care what she ate that day. By the end of the week she had gained a few pounds and was angry at herself again. She just decided to not weigh herself all week so she wouldn't be frustrated and just do everything she knew was right without torturing herself with the numbers. Tonight is her first weigh in trying this so we will see how she did. I hope the scales work in your favor soon and don't beat yourself up over it!!
How'd she do??? I hope the stupid scale moved down for her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
+1 for this.

I likewise find stalls demotivating, so much so that when I hit my last one in 2011 and several 'life happens' events all came within a few months, I took my eye off the ball and found myself back here at the beginning of 2013, with 17lbs more than the weight at which I let myself get discouraged just because I was stalled.

Maybe we need a JUDDD serenity fairy (as well as the whoosh one).
I so understand. BTDT myself and it's stinky! I'm still focused on losing so I'm not going to let myself do THAT right now, but venting I will do! Join in! It feels good!

Stupid scale. Stupid, stupid, stupid scale. Oh yea, and measuring tape! I don't like it either today!

Love you guys!

Btw, I am still driving myself crazy second guessing my numbers. I averaged my past 7 days up and got 948 calories per day I'm eating. Is that what it's supposed to be? Anyone?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
I feel for you! We all need to enter the "Vent tent"-get it all out and let it float to the top then walk out the other side. Sure makes you feel better even if you can't make the scale float away too....
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
That's ok Flutter. I had mine the other day. But when the stupid scale gave me an ugly number I was the one who had the food fest afterward. But happy to say that I dropped my DD number some and I had a good number this morning. Keep it up!
JMBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #22

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
The SCALE is a LIAR and a CHEAT! Plain and simple!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
The SCALE is a LIAR and a CHEAT! Plain and simple!

Flutter heres a big ole hug Its ok to feel this way!.. We have all been there
Try taking a vacation... From your scale that is.. and just "know" that the plan is working for you.. Chillax for a while and spend some time not knowing what it says..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Sometimes a good vent even makes the whoosh fairy arrive quicker. As soon as I got frustrated enough to post about it I ended up having a whoosh within days. Keeping fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
When I get that way I make a mind-change for myself.
No weight loss is linear, no matter how much we want it to be.
So when the scale isn't moving I get off of it, firstly.
Secondly I give myself permission to relax about the whole thing and deliberately maintain (maintenance is truly the key to permanent healthy loss).
Thirdly, I seek out motivators and something new to do that isn't eating. Like a new class to go to, or a video game to play, a nutritional book or blog to read, a fitness habit to add (I started doing leaning pushups and tricep dips on my credenza at work throughout the day), look for something kind to do for someone else- we obsess about ourselves so much we lose perspective (take an elderly neighbor dinner and have a conversation, for instance).
Mostly, be kind to your body. It is the only one you have and you are asking a lot of it. Be kind to your self, you are your best advocate for a life well lived. You have made it so far on your journey, you will keep on!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Thanks guys!

Btw, I am still driving myself crazy second guessing my numbers. I averaged my past 7 days up and got 948 calories per day I'm eating. Is that what it's supposed to be? Anyone?
What are your UD DD numbers? Do you log every single little bite and taste that crosses your lips? It's so easy for a few hundred calories to add up from 'tasting' when one is a care taker for children.

I hope you're feeling better today
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Was wondering if it might be a good time to break out this thread again:

Why your body wants a break from WL

There are lots of good comments from lots of people in the know.

I keep this thought about my rebellious body that wants to go into Weight Rebound Reaction after a significant amount of weight has been lost.

And, it encourages me and motivates me to stop and appreciate the success that maintaining a loss is. Even when the scale does not move for a length of time like we want it to, there is still a lot going on in our bodies while we stick to our plan. One thing is that the body re-sets to a new "normal" as long as we can maintain the loss we achieved for a certain amount of time. (I remember Dukan saying you need 5 days of maintenance for every pound already lost to re-set to that new number before it will seriously stop trying to sabotage your weight loss efforts by restoring the fat stores it considers to be "plundered" by calorie restriction of any kind).

I now try to do a happy dance thinking of the number of pounds I've lost and kept off instead of giving up because the evil scale won't cooperate and show the fruits of my efforts!

Our bodies keep on working to get healthy while we are working JUDD even though we might not see it on the scale.

I read somewhere that, on average, it takes about 3 days to LOSE a pound of fat. Then if it takes a good 5 days of maintenance calories to maintain every pound lost, we need to realize we are in this for the long haul. Even with bounces up occasionally or times when our body is "resting" from the hard work of fat burning and the scale numbers don't go down our innards are at work.

The closer you get to your goal, the longer it might take to see the fruits of your labor because the less fat you have to lose. Considering that fat is so light, it may take a while for the scale to catch up. And, I always remember someone quoting an article that says our fat cells fill up with water temporarily to save space in case their beloved fat filling comes back any time soon. At some point as more and more fat cells release that ugly voluminous fat, the water is released and the fat cells finally shrink all at once. That's when the inches go and the scale rewards you with a whoosh.

All this to say knowing my body will occasionally rest from losses achieved keeps me from giving up completely, saying "what's the use?" and gaining back all I've lost.

Hope it helps you too!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-07-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #28

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sending hugs to all our frustrated JBs.

Venting is good and the scale is evil.

Just keep on keeping on and, most importantly keep on posing here.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Singin' to the choir, Flutter, singin' to the choir. All of my JB's know my frustration with the Metal Monster. I adore JUDDD, but for whatever reason, it ain't lovin' me back.

I would kill to be your weight, but I know when you want/need to get lower ...

You'll get there!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Melinda I bet there's not a JB here who doesn't relate to your feelings! I know I do! Hang in there girl! We can do this....together!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote