Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I really love you guys. (happy tears) Thank you all for commiserating & empathizing...and making me laugh, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Gal View Post
I feel for you! We all need to enter the "Vent tent"-get it all out and let it float to the top then walk out the other side. Sure makes you feel better even if you can't make the scale float away too....
Yes, the vent tent indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
That's ok Flutter. I had mine the other day. But when the stupid scale gave me an ugly number I was the one who had the food fest afterward. But happy to say that I dropped my DD number some and I had a good number this morning. Keep it up!
I am so glad dropping your DD numbers is helping you! It's awesome when you find something that gets things working again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
The SCALE is a LIAR and a CHEAT! Plain and simple!
This about says it all, too! Thanks for the huge giggle! IT IS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post

Flutter heres a big ole hug Its ok to feel this way!.. We have all been there
Try taking a vacation... From your scale that is.. and just "know" that the plan is working for you.. Chillax for a while and spend some time not knowing what it says..
I may have to seriously consider this. I have never been able to stay away from the scale, though. (unless I'm regaining, and that sure isn't a good time to do that!) Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Sometimes a good vent even makes the whoosh fairy arrive quicker. As soon as I got frustrated enough to post about it I ended up having a whoosh within days. Keeping fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you.
haha! That would be most excellent if she arrives and makes me feel silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
When I get that way I make a mind-change for myself.
No weight loss is linear, no matter how much we want it to be.
So when the scale isn't moving I get off of it, firstly.
Secondly I give myself permission to relax about the whole thing and deliberately maintain (maintenance is truly the key to permanent healthy loss).
Thirdly, I seek out motivators and something new to do that isn't eating. Like a new class to go to, or a video game to play, a nutritional book or blog to read, a fitness habit to add (I started doing leaning pushups and tricep dips on my credenza at work throughout the day), look for something kind to do for someone else- we obsess about ourselves so much we lose perspective (take an elderly neighbor dinner and have a conversation, for instance).
Mostly, be kind to your body. It is the only one you have and you are asking a lot of it. Be kind to your self, you are your best advocate for a life well lived. You have made it so far on your journey, you will keep on!
Thanks girl! I actually would consider trying to maintain right now (since my bod's kindof doing that the past 5 weeks anyways!) except I have my vaca coming up and I'm already afraid of what that will mean. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep rotations up for those 7 days or just try the "eat sensibly" thing. I really need a break from my head right now. It's annoying even me! I AM trying to be kind to my poor self right now, though...and just keep plugging along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
What are your UD DD numbers? Do you log every single little bite and taste that crosses your lips? It's so easy for a few hundred calories to add up from 'tasting' when one is a care taker for children.

I hope you're feeling better today
I do feel better today! A lot of it no doubt from you lovely ladies! As for my numbers, I plug every morsel in to my online calculator and started logging them in the daily weight threads when I sensed my losses were slowing down. I originally was eating at 1850 UD and my DD's have always been under 350, a lot of times way under that. When I saw my losses slow, I recalculated my numbers to 1723/323.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Was wondering if it might be a good time to break out this thread again:

Why your body wants a break from WL

There are lots of good comments from lots of people in the know.

I keep this thought about my rebellious body that wants to go into Weight Rebound Reaction after a significant amount of weight has been lost.

And, it encourages me and motivates me to stop and appreciate the success that maintaining a loss is. Even when the scale does not move for a length of time like we want it to, there is still a lot going on in our bodies while we stick to our plan. One thing is that the body re-sets to a new "normal" as long as we can maintain the loss we achieved for a certain amount of time. (I remember Dukan saying you need 5 days of maintenance for every pound already lost to re-set to that new number before it will seriously stop trying to sabotage your weight loss efforts by restoring the fat stores it considers to be "plundered" by calorie restriction of any kind).

I now try to do a happy dance thinking of the number of pounds I've lost and kept off instead of giving up because the evil scale won't cooperate and show the fruits of my efforts!

Our bodies keep on working to get healthy while we are working JUDD even though we might not see it on the scale.

I read somewhere that, on average, it takes about 3 days to LOSE a pound of fat. Then if it takes a good 5 days of maintenance calories to maintain every pound lost, we need to realize we are in this for the long haul. Even with bounces up occasionally or times when our body is "resting" from the hard work of fat burning and the scale numbers don't go down our innards are at work.

The closer you get to your goal, the longer it might take to see the fruits of your labor because the less fat you have to lose. Considering that fat is so light, it may take a while for the scale to catch up. And, I always remember someone quoting an article that says our fat cells fill up with water temporarily to save space in case their beloved fat filling comes back any time soon. At some point as more and more fat cells release that ugly voluminous fat, the water is released and the fat cells finally shrink all at once. That's when the inches go and the scale rewards you with a whoosh.

All this to say knowing my body will occasionally rest from losses achieved keeps me from giving up completely, saying "what's the use?" and gaining back all I've lost.

Hope it helps you too!
Thanks yam! I keep telling myself that good things are still happening and I will get where I need to be eventually. I intellectually know this and will keep reminding myself of all of the above!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Singin' to the choir, Flutter, singin' to the choir. All of my JB's know my frustration with the Metal Monster. I adore JUDDD, but for whatever reason, it ain't lovin' me back.

I would kill to be your weight, but I know when you want/need to get lower ...

You'll get there!
I know, nilla, I know. I feel bad complaining b/c I know so many have been frustrated for a lot longer. Thank you for commiserating with me. I know you've been plugging along despite the nasty scale for awhile now. Stupid scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Melinda I bet there's not a JB here who doesn't relate to your feelings! I know I do! Hang in there girl! We can do this....together!!
Thanks hun!!!! Yes we can!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sending hugs to all our frustrated JBs.

Venting is good and the scale is evil.

Just keep on keeping on and, most importantly keep on posing here.
Thanks Kissa! I feel bad venting...but I finally decided to just do it and get it over with.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
If all else fails you can take a look at my stats! We started at the same time, and I've lost 13, you've lost over 30!!!!! If you start crying I will have to lay down and call it O-V-E-R!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post

How'd she do??? I hope the stupid scale moved down for her!!!

Yes! She had a big loss this week. She ended up peeking at the scale after 4 days but that's better than every day so she did well.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Yes! She had a big loss this week. She ended up peeking at the scale after 4 days but that's better than every day so she did well.
I am so happy to hear this!!! Fabulous news!!!!!!!

Alright, so as much as I don't want to admit this, I am getting more and more frustrated every day with the same numbers. I find myself grasping at what I have to do to get the scales back moving. I am staying within my numbers as best I can see. If I knew what I was doing wrong, I'd stop it! At any rate, I am considering going back to southbeach and then back to JUDDD for maintenance (b/c SB sucks for maintenance, for me anyways). {sigh}

I wish I could say I was better at being patient, but clearly I am NOT. {sigh}

I really don't like whining so I'm sorry I am still. Yes, I know I should be grateful I've done as well as I have. I still feel stuck and frustrated. In case anyone wondered, I do NOT like feeling like I have no control over things.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

I understand.I've been trying a different approach that is really not working, and now I need to go back to JUDDD. I hope you see the numbers move soon so you can stay!!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I understand.I've been trying a different approach that is really not working, and now I need to go back to JUDDD. I hope you see the numbers move soon so you can stay!!!!
I will stay anyways, LG. I love you all! I may do nothing different...I'm just having a whiney week. I don't know what's gotten in to me, actually. I am trying to remind myself that I have done well and things will eventually move again if I keep plugging along. I don't think it's helping that I have 2 big events coming up, so my mind wants things to move faster and b/c it's not, I feel like I'm failing. Does that make sense? So I think, maybe I should do SB again for awhile, but I HATED it day in and out forever. Then I think, maybe I should do SB in combo with JUDDD, but then I'd REALLY hate it b/c I wouldn't be eating EOD and when I did, it'd just be SB foods, so why not eat them every day and lose? KWIM? ACK, I'm insane this week.

I am griping here b/c my journal isn't here and I feel like I need to say SOMETHING so my little "self" in there feels heard.

I keep averaging my numbers up from back when I was losing better and then to now. I was 1073/day when losing well, and 979 now. Doesn't seem like that much of a difference to me, but maybe it is. Heck if I know! I will just keep keeping on, and try really hard to shut up & stop whining.

Whatever, we'll see how the month goes. Thanks for listening (again) especially when I know how frustrated you have gotten/get. At least we have each other to gripe to!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

One thing we could both try is walking for 20-30 minutes a day. You want to be my walking buddy? We can just check in with each other each day. If you have 2 15 minutes free and can walk around at work, or 3 10 minutes free...etc. If you'll do it, I will!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
One thing we could both try is walking for 20-30 minutes a day. You want to be my walking buddy? We can just check in with each other each day. If you have 2 15 minutes free and can walk around at work, or 3 10 minutes free...etc. If you'll do it, I will!
YES! I love to walk and have done so every time I've lost before. (I always started in the spring before, though! It is still icky here, but it IS March so I have been thinking I'd start bundling up and going. I might not make it every day right now, though. Or I might! Once the weather warms (please be soon!) I want to walk daily again. Today I will be walking around INSIDE a lot b/c it's going to be a girl's day with DD. My boys are going with DH to a car show so DD & I are shopping for Disney.

So my long winded answer is of COURSE I will do it with ya. I figure it will at least improve my rotten mood.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Mel! You vent as much as you want. I think it helps. You really are working the program, so whatever is happening is just one of those mysteries. I'm glad that you'll stick around no matter what plan you land on - we need you around here! More !
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww thanks sweet LCG! I really, really love JUDDD so I want my mind to quiet down and just be still and have faith. I want this JUDDD calm you all talk about. Someone share stat?

XOXO thanks again for putting up with me. Whiney, sorry butt I am this week. I'm off to shop. 9yo's have a way of making you forget about anything but fun anyways. (love that girl!)

Have a great day sweet friends!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
YES! I love to walk and have done so every time I've lost before. (I always started in the spring before, though! It is still icky here, but it IS March so I have been thinking I'd start bundling up and going. I might not make it every day right now, though. Or I might! Once the weather warms (please be soon!) I want to walk daily again. Today I will be walking around INSIDE a lot b/c it's going to be a girl's day with DD. My boys are going with DH to a car show so DD & I are shopping for Disney.

So my long winded answer is of COURSE I will do it with ya. I figure it will at least improve my rotten mood.
Okay!! I wish you lived closer so we could walk together! It's already getting warm here (60s today). I will be walking at the flea market this morning with bf, then this afternoon I will take the dogs out for a mile at least. We can do this!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Maybe your calories are too low. That has happened to others. 900+ range seems quite low if that is your average.

Hope you find a solution. Sometimes a rest is good while your body catches up with all of the changes.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:

You could walk your dog, I started walking mine instead of making the kids do it every day. If my dog doesn't get a daily walk, he will drive us crazy by crawling all over us and then barking really loud. I haven't done it every day, by any means, but I have been thinking maybe I will start doing it first thing in the mornings, before I get ready for work, and I know he would love it. Also, your numbers do seem low, why does the calculator give you such low numbers? I think that is what it gives me too, but I eat above that, because I'm not as disciplined. 9OO something a day does not sound right,even though I know that is what the calculator says. Dang, I hope things will start speeding up for you! Especially with all your dedication
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<shrug> I have no idea what's going on or why things aren't moving down anymore. It is VERY odd to me. I have let my DD numbers bounce up a bit in the past week just in case the averages were low and throwing things off, but no change yet. It has brought my average up to 1056/day and if you average my JUDDD calculator numbers, that is 1031/day?

I have no earthly idea what's happening in there. VERY.FRUSTRATED. I am wondering if I need to go back to as low of DD numbers as I can, though. I don't think the higher DD numbers have helped at all.

I don't know anything else to do but keep on keeping on, though. Honestly, I may stalk you, Tex, and start doing your daily numbers! LOL!!! You are eating MORE than the calc numbers, you say?

Re: walking. My dog is a rotten walker. He pulls horribly and he's super strong. I won't walk him. (my DH does) Besides, I would get super mad walking him because I love walks to DEstress. LOL!

Last edited by Flutter; 03-10-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I've been eating between 1900-2000 on my UDs and around 500- 510 on DDs. But I think eating that much actually may be back firing or keeping me bouncing around only to end up maintaining or a slight loss. I'm only down like 1 .5 pounds as of today from the first of the month. I'm going to start trying to lower my calories closer to my calculator numbers. And planning things a little better. Yesterdays UD was right at 2000, and I'm up over a pound today.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
<shrug> I have no idea what's going on or why things aren't moving down anymore. It is VERY odd to me. I have let my DD numbers bounce up a bit in the past week just in case the averages were low and throwing things off, but no change yet. It has brought my average up to 1056/day and if you average my JUDDD calculator numbers, that is 1031/day?

I have no earthly idea what's happening in there. VERY.FRUSTRATED. I am wondering if I need to go back to as low of DD numbers as I can, though. I don't think the higher DD numbers have helped at all.

I don't know anything else to do but keep on keeping on, though. Honestly, I may stalk you, Tex, and start doing your daily numbers! LOL!!! You are eating MORE than the calc numbers, you say?

Re: walking. My dog is a rotten walker. He pulls horribly and he's super strong. I won't walk him. (my DH does) Besides, I would get super mad walking him because I love walks to DEstress. LOL!
My Boxer/Mastiff mix was a horrible puller, and we got her one of those harnesses that tightens when she pulls, but is padded so it doesn't hurt her. I swear, the very first time we used it, she stopped pulling within 5 minutes and now we can walk her with a regular collar.

for the rest of the issues.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Yes, I've been eating between 1900-2000 on my UDs and around 500- 510 on DDs. But I think eating that much actually may be back firing or keeping me bouncing around only to end up maintaining or a slight loss. I'm only down like 1 .5 pounds as of today from the first of the month. I'm going to start trying to lower my calories closer to my calculator numbers. And planning things a little better. Yesterdays UD was right at 2000, and I'm up over a pound today.
Whatever you say Chiquita! Looks to me like you are doing very well with your current calories, even if they're "up" over the calculator. Why not keep them there if it's working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
My Boxer/Mastiff mix was a horrible puller, and we got her one of those harnesses that tightens when she pulls, but is padded so it doesn't hurt her. I swear, the very first time we used it, she stopped pulling within 5 minutes and now we can walk her with a regular collar.

for the rest of the issues.
Thanks Dawn. As for the poochie issues, I'll have to check in to that type. We've tried a bunch of different collars but nothing's worked yet. He's a crazy herding dog and thinks he has to lead everyone.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
1) Did you drop you UD cals because you had stalled? Or because you figured it was about time to drop them? If the second, I encourage you to take your UD cals back up and resume your normal low DDs. You may be eating UDs just below what it takes to break sirtuin production...and we really, really want it to stop and start over and over.

2) Are you measuring? I stalled for three weeks at one point...and lost almost 11 inches during the stall. Bodies are very strange. After the stall I did not whoosh...I resumed my two pounds a week norm.

3) I encourage you to look at what you are eating. Shaking up foods instead of calories sometimes helps - I think we can get low on specific nutrients. Changing foods can replenish the supply.

4) Hugs for having a stressful week! May this one be calmer.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #50

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nancy just said what I was going to! Especially point no 1

The gap in your calories is vital. I know you used to have very easy DDs to start with, do find them tougher now? I believe in Pat's theory of a piston, hammering up and down forcing our metabolism back to working properly again.

If I am having sues with the metal monster it is always my DDs where I try to trim back the calories. And it generally works unless there are lots of UUADs happening.

You have to keep the sirtuin supply up and if the DD and UD numbers drift too close together that will cause it to drop.

Love your walking plan Cindy. Great idea.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
1) Did you drop you UD cals because you had stalled? Or because you figured it was about time to drop them? If the second, I encourage you to take your UD cals back up and resume your normal low DDs. You may be eating UDs just below what it takes to break sirtuin production...and we really, really want it to stop and start over and over.

2) Are you measuring? I stalled for three weeks at one point...and lost almost 11 inches during the stall. Bodies are very strange. After the stall I did not whoosh...I resumed my two pounds a week norm.

3) I encourage you to look at what you are eating. Shaking up foods instead of calories sometimes helps - I think we can get low on specific nutrients. Changing foods can replenish the supply.

4) Hugs for having a stressful week! May this one be calmer.
1. I dropped/recalculated numbers when I thought my losses were slowing and I'd lost about 25#. however, I haven't lost much of anything since then. I think I should have been happy where I was! Looking back, I hadn't really slowed down, until after I changed them. You are right, though, my old numbers were approx. 1850/350 and I did more like under 200 for DDs, things worked great then. I will try to go back to where they were when I was losing well and see what happens. ACK, hopefully I will not gain. I will cry!

2. I measured this week when I was so depressed with the scale. My measurements were all UP. That was when I put out the whiney post here. {sigh}

3. I agree, I may be at a point where I'm going to have to bulk up with fresh foods and go beachy again. I think I'll ease in to it combined with the original UD numbers and as low of DD ones as I can handle, then see what happens. I will be afraid...very very afraid, though.

THANK YOU for trying to help me tweak!

Quote:
Nancy just said what I was going to! Especially point no 1

The gap in your calories is vital. I know you used to have very easy DDs to start with, do find them tougher now? I believe in Pat's theory of a piston, hammering up and down forcing our metabolism back to working properly again.

If I am having sues with the metal monster it is always my DDs where I try to trim back the calories. And it generally works unless there are lots of UUADs happening.

You have to keep the sirtuin supply up and if the DD and UD numbers drift too close together that will cause it to drop.

Love your walking plan Cindy. Great idea.
Yep, my DDs have been more difficult and I am not used to that. They have been higher than normal, too, b/c I saw that my averages were lower than I thought they should be but thought my newer/lower UD numbers were where I should be at now. Obviously it has not helped! Honestly, though, they are still lower than 500, just not the super low I have always done. You may be right, though. I was thinking there was still a 1100 cal spread but when I started, there was a 1500-1600 cal spread every day!

Ok, that settles it. I will try to calm myself down and go back to original UD/DD numbers and pray. If it doesn't work, I can always move back down, I guess. I'm sure not getting anywhere right now. It just seems very scary to bump calories UP.

I better eat. I have 900 left to go tonight! Oh boy...be brave, Melinda, very, very brave...
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You can do it! This may be just the thing. It was working for you in the past.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yes, going back to those higher numbers (especially UD) may really do the trick, and may make lower DDs easier too! If you gain right at first, don't panic! Your body is now accustomed to lower overall calories and may need to get used to the fact that you aren't going to starve it anymore.

You can do this!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I just want to add...that juddd buddds are so smart! I could spend days reading through all the threads and tips, and still not Lear everything JBs have to offer
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
You can do it! This may be just the thing. It was working for you in the past.
That is definitely true! I am crossing my fingers & toes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yes, going back to those higher numbers (especially UD) may really do the trick, and may make lower DDs easier too! If you gain right at first, don't panic! Your body is now accustomed to lower overall calories and may need to get used to the fact that you aren't going to starve it anymore.

You can do this!
YES, I have been wondering how I'm going to handle the huge bounce up tomorrow. Oh boy, oh boy oh boy oh boy! Lotsa deep breathing, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I just want to add...that juddd buddds are so smart! I could spend days reading through all the threads and tips, and still not Lear everything JBs have to offer
Agreed!

Alright, I'm at 1804, so calling it a day. Thanks again for the help JBs!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
There may not BE a huge bounce tomorrow!! *fingers crossed for a little bounce* Besides, changing your UD & DD calories may shake your body up so much it won't DARE go up in weight!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #57

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ata girl!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
There may not BE a huge bounce tomorrow!! *fingers crossed for a little bounce* Besides, changing your UD & DD calories may shake your body up so much it won't DARE go up in weight!!
You win the prize Shari! Ding! Ding! Scale stayed the same as yesterday! INteresting...very, very INteresting. <crossing fingers this works>

Quote:
Ata girl!
Thanks Kissa!

Shooting for a super low DD today and sure hoping for a drop soon!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
If DDs are suddenly difficult/hungry you are dropping through JUDDD Magic into starvation. If measurements are up, you are probably holding water - starvation again (or maybe eating a food you are mildly allergic to).

Those two together reinforce the idea you need to go back to what was working. Stabilize - DDs should get easier again - and let your body recover from the stress (your mood should improve when the physical stress is relieved) (mine did).

THEN, and only then, if you want to tweak your UDs I encourage you to either:
tweak in small increments (like one lower UD/week for a few weeks, see what happens)
tweak by trying some new foods or foods in new combinations

Fingers crossed you are back on track very soon!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-12-2013 at 04:18 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Good advice, Nancy. I noticed that my mood and level of stress improved significantly on 5:2. However, my weight did not. I'm back on JUDDD and hope to keep the mental benefits and get the scale to go down.

Good job, Flutter! So glad that mean old scale didn't go up this morning. Hope you have a wonderful DD!