Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Make TODAY your best! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798857-make-today-your-best.html)

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 10:51 AM

Make TODAY your best!

Too many people go into life's journeys looking at the "big picture" the whole time. Knowing what you are in for and planning accordingly is great, but don't forget about today! Especially in health and fitness where the big picture really is nothing more than a series of consistent successful days.

Today I want you to remind yourself in a positive way why you are doing this fitness journey, and now with your goals are fresh in your mind, make today literally the BEST it can be towards those goals. Let yesterday stay in the past, let tomorrow stay in the future, focus on today and make THIS day a success!

-Jeremy
Jeremy Reid Fitness

I follow alot of folks on FB and they have alot of great things to say.. so this statement hit home for me and i wanted to share.. They may not be my own words BUT the message is still important enough for me to share with my JUDDD BUDDDS~:heart:

KeirasMom 03-06-2013 11:03 AM

Nice quote Kimberly. Thanks for sharing. :heart:

LoCarbGal 03-06-2013 11:07 AM

:goodpost:

Luv2Eat 03-06-2013 11:09 AM

:up:

zipp2play 03-06-2013 11:10 AM

Well said!

mom23kids 03-06-2013 11:12 AM

:heart:

SlimNana 03-06-2013 11:18 AM

:goodpost: Thanks Kimberly for sharing that wise advice!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao-Tze

Another oldie but goodie is, "Today is the first day of the rest of our lives." Each brand new day we get to ask ourself, "What can I do today to get one step ahead, however small, closer to achieving my goals?"

:high5:

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 11:31 AM

so true...

Yam-Yam 03-06-2013 11:34 AM

Kimberly: Awesome quote! Thanks for posting it! That's just what I needed to hear today!

SlimNana: love your quotes, too! OMGosh that little picture of the pound of fat! Love it! What a great visual!

Farm Gal 03-06-2013 11:40 AM

:goodpost: Thank you! I needed this today!

Shari4 03-06-2013 11:42 AM

Thanks, Kimberly!! :hugs:

Flutter 03-06-2013 11:51 AM

:heart: Thanks for sharing! I must say, it's lovely to see you posting a bit lately, too. :love:

Kimmietoo 03-06-2013 12:02 PM

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Thank you Kimberly! It's a wonderful quote and you are sweet to take the time to share it with your JUDDD BUDDDs!

Kimmie

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 12:29 PM

Melinda....Ive found that i miss the interactive part of my journey.. I read alot of posative posts on FB and really have no one in my life that is on a journey right now.. So i came back to where it all began.. so i could actually talk with those who are walking the walk just like me..~:hugs:

Flutter 03-06-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16299660)
Melinda....Ive found that i miss the interactive part of my journey.. I read alot of posative posts on FB and really have no one in my life that is on a journey right now.. So i came back to where it all began.. so i could actually talk with those who are walking the walk just like me..~:hugs:

You are a peach girl! :love: I'm really glad you're back! It's always wonderful to read encouraging posts, especially for those of us still in the throes of dealing with the rotten scale! :D

I know I fail miserably at maintenance and really think part of it (for ME) was that I always stopped posting in my journal & with my WL friends. I totally get what you're saying about needing the interaction and positive focus. I need to do the same thing forever more! :heart:

JMBM 03-08-2013 05:38 AM

Great post thanks for sharing it.:goodpost: Have to say I agree. Looking at the "big" picture can sometimes seem impossible (Especially with weight loss). It reminds me of a saying I've heard before. "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." ;)

Lori_:) 03-08-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16303187)
Great post thanks for sharing it.:goodpost: Have to say I agree. Looking at the "big" picture can sometimes seem impossible (Especially with weight loss). It reminds me of a saying I've heard before. "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." ;)

I totally agree! I thought of that eating an elephant quote too! :hyst:

Lori

JMBM 03-08-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori_:) (Post 16303257)
I totally agree! I thought of that eating an elephant quote too! :hyst:

Lori

:hyst: Yes so appropriate don't ya think? lol Well if that "said" elephant was made of red velvet cake forget bites! I'd inhale the darn thing. Sorry, I shouldn't get the whole yummies talk stirred up again. :stars: ha, ha But truly, just taking it day by day really helps. And the fact of knowing that UD's are always just a day away!;)