Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Discouraged this morning :( (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798841-discouraged-morning.html)

kellysue24 03-06-2013 07:34 AM

Discouraged this morning :(
 
I keep gaining every morning :( On Saturday I was 258 when we decided our first UD would be Sunday, this morning 264 :(

My husband keeps losing and we are eating the same foods.

What's wrong with me??? :(

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 07:39 AM

Ok for one :hugs: For two.. No one plan work equally for every one.. There is a special number of caloires that your body will need to lose.. so dont get frustrated.. There is nothing wrong with you.. What is your up day number.. ?

mom23kids 03-06-2013 07:40 AM

:hugs:

kellysue24 03-06-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16298945)
Ok for one :hugs: For two.. No one plan work equally for every one.. There is a special number of caloires that your body will need to lose.. so dont get frustrated.. There is nothing wrong with you.. What is your up day number.. ?

2754, but for some reason I thought it was 2500, so that's all we've been doing.

SlowSure 03-06-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysue24 (Post 16298925)
My husband keeps losing and we are eating the same foods.

What's wrong with me??? :(

Nothing, you're probably different metabolisms, body compositions etc.

I provide my DH's food most of the time (exceptions are a business dinner or lunch approx. x1 a week for him). I eat a lot less than he does and he loses roughly x3.5 more body fat than I do (he's dropped 18 lbs of fat since the start of 2013). This is despite his business/social meals and that he eats a fair amount on his UDs, including chocolate bars (which he's kind enough not to eat in my presence).

He doesn't stall, he will hold a steady weight week on week if he's had 2x or 3x business meals that week.

It can be demotivating to live alongside someone who is doing so well when it seems that it's taking a while to work for you but I'm also very pleased that this WOE works so well for him.

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 07:44 AM

Counting is needed for every thing that enters your mouth.. You must track everything and not assume what its value is.. keeping a journal of caloires for many is nessary! Take the guess work out when you need to tweek it.. Cant help if you really have a guesimate of howmany your eating.. If to few.. you will gain.. if to many you will gain.. There is a special number that is just yours that makes it work,, reguardless of the fodds.. Some girls likem y self must follow no wheat to get my body to lose.. and i also had to stop eye balling portion sizes.. More info is need here to other to help you find what will get that goin for you.. Plus... The scale WILL bounce.. Every other day you will see a gain. ( for many this happpnes) and after a DD you will it drop.. You must become comfortable with seeing this,, or you will stop working the plan out of fear.. So KNOW this is what will Happen.. once you start tracking it, you will see a pattern emerge out of those numbers...

kellysue24 03-06-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16298957)
Counting is needed for every thing that enters your mouth.. You must track everything and not assume what its value is.. keeping a journal of caloires for many is nessary! Take the guess work out when you need to tweek it.. Cant help if you really have a guesimate of howmany your eating.. If to few.. you will gain.. if to many you will gain.. There is a special number that is just yours that makes it work,, reguardless of the fodds.. Some girls likem y self must follow no wheat to get my body to lose.. and i also had to stop eye balling portion sizes.. More info is need here to other to help you find what will get that goin for you.. Plus... The scale WILL bounce.. Every other day you will see a gain. ( for many this happpnes) and after a DD you will it drop.. You must become comfortable with seeing this,, or you will stop working the plan out of fear.. So KNOW this is what will Happen.. once you start tracking it, you will see a pattern emerge out of those numbers...

We've tracked everything since we started. Even 2 olives I ate on my DD that weren't planned. I feel confident my calories are right since we've measure servings and everything.

When were were on induction we were lost 12 pounds in a week! I know that's a lot of water, but stil, we were losing. I just don't think I am supposed to ever lose weight.

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 07:48 AM

ok.. your 29.. even at start weight of 258 pounds what is your height?

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 07:50 AM

you UD number is to high.. need to know how tall you are to get your right number.. i putin guessing like 5'2 for a height and it says 2318 caloires. at say 5 feet 9 its only 2358.. So somewhere your number of caloires is off

kellysue24 03-06-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16298973)
you UD number is to high.. need to know how tall you are to get your right number.. i putin guessing like 5'2 for a height and it says 2318 caloires. at say 5 feet 9 its only 2358.. So somewhere your number of caloires is off

I just calculated again at 65 inches (5'5'') 31 years old and 458. ANd it's 2754 and 551.

Farm Gal 03-06-2013 07:56 AM

Hi Kellysue-
I put your numbers in the JUDDD site and come up with 2390 up days and 478 down days based on-
Weight 263 lbs
Age 29 yrs
Height I guessimated at 5'10"

kellysue24 03-06-2013 07:56 AM

um just kidding it's supposed to be woman :/ whoops
but still it's 2324. I ate 2400ish both days. One a little below that and one above.

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 07:57 AM

:hugs::hugs:we will get this figured out kelly sue! I have a felling that maybe some of the 12 pounds you lost on Atkins might have been water weight, maybe 5 or 6 pounds or so, so possibly you have gained the water back-but certainly it isn't fat, as that would not be mathematically possible!!
also, some men lose better than us women. My DS did JUDDD with me and lost 8-9 pounds the first week.
And lastly, your calories do seem a little high, but i don't know-my calories are just 1700 on an UD. If yours are 2500, and then your DD is 500, that equals 1500 a day, which may be too high. But the dalories may be fine, and it is just the water weight.:hugs::hugs:

kellysue24 03-06-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16298996)
:hugs::hugs:we will get this figured out kelly sue! I have a felling that maybe some of the 12 pounds you lost on Atkins might have been water weight, maybe 5 or 6 pounds or so, so possibly you have gained the water back-but certainly it isn't fat, as that would not be mathematically possible!!
also, some men lose better than us women. My DS did JUDDD with me and lost 8-9 pounds the first week.
And lastly, your calories do seem a little high, but i don't know-my calories are just 1700 on an UD. If yours are 2500, and then your DD is 500, that equals 1500 a day, which may be too high. But the dalories may be fine, and it is just the water weight.:hugs::hugs:

I was off by 150 calories on the calculator, but that still doesn't seem like enough to be that bad :(

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 07:59 AM

Heres what i can figure.. Based on the limited info you have here.. your eating to many caloires on your UD.. If you bring that number down to about 2300 And get at close to that without goin over.. you may see it start to drop for you.. this is not a quick fix plan.. no matter how long your on it.. there were months when i was doing my rotations where i would lose for two weeks and then not for the next week to week and a half.. just bounce between the same numbers over and over agin,, then it will all of a sudden move agin downward.. so this is really a paticent kind of thing.. relax.. this will take time,, and dedication.. and weight loss does not happen in a straigt line.. a constant downward trend every thime we step on the scale.. The body need times to adjust to whats it lost and hang there for a how ever long it needs before its ready to give up more.. Relax,, this is not a race.. its a journey~ :heart:

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 08:01 AM

Hun..your number is 2351... You need to make sure the lilttle spots checked say.. inches and lbs.. if you dont change those.. it give you the wrong number of caloires~

kellysue24 03-06-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 16299003)
Heres what i can figure.. Based on the limited info you have here.. your eating to many caloires on your UD.. If you bring that number down to about 2300 And get at close to that without goin over.. you may see it start to drop for you.. this is not a quick fix plan.. no matter how long your on it.. there were months when i was doing my rotations where i would lose for two weeks and then not for the next week to week and a half.. just bounce between the same numbers over and over agin,, then it will all of a sudden move agin downward.. so this is really a paticent kind of thing.. relax.. this will take time,, and dedication.. and weight loss does not happen in a straigt line.. a constant downward trend every thime we step on the scale.. The body need times to adjust to whats it lost and hang there for a how ever long it needs before its ready to give up more.. Relax,, this is not a race.. its a journey~ :heart:

I guess I was expecting what was on the website of 2.5lbs a week (on average). We still have no been eating any sweets either. I am ok with slow(er), but just didn't expect to keep gaining.

According to my tracker, yesterday was 2370, 482 on the day before. So even though I thought I was supposed to do 2500, I stayed on the plan. (in my defense ;) )

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 08:08 AM

ok, now we got the calories straightened out ;) I say give it a little more time and please please don't be discouraged:hugs: I do believe that the 150 calories difference would not make you gain weight, but it might keep you from losing, and then you have not gained 6 pounds of fat in that short of time!! It is just water weight. Drink lots and lots of water today, and tomorrow(and every day):)
We are rooting for you girl!!!

ETA: I have lost fairly consistently on this plan, but last and then this week, I have gained about 3-4, while doing rotations. Even though I know it is not fat, I am staying off the scale for a while, to keep from getting discouraged :)

kellysue24 03-06-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16299026)
ok, now we got the calories straightened out ;) I say give it a little more time and please please don't be discouraged:hugs: I do believe that the 150 calories difference would not make you gain weight, but it might keep you from losing, and then you have not gained 6 pounds of fat in that short of time!! It is just water weight. Drink lots and lots of water today, and tomorrow(and every day):)
We are rooting for you girl!!!

I am trying not to be discouraged, but I have so much to lose. And I feel like we are working hard and then bam, gain. Makes this DD a lot less appealing :(

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 08:11 AM

no defense sweet pea~Once you find that sweet spot number the loss happens over time.. There will never be a steady loss after loss after loss even workign the plan with no screwups.. This is a fine tuned instrument we are working with here (the body) And it will let go of those pounds when its good and ready.. Never give up on JUDDD.. It works and there are tons of weight lost here in this forum and those girls will tell you how it seams to be goin along just great and then BAM nothing!! For weeks.. But if you keep workign the plan,, doign your rotations the body will let go of the excesive fat!! Love and respect to you :hugs: heart:

JMBM 03-06-2013 08:11 AM

Hang in there kellysue! And just like Kimberly said count, count, count. And make sure to measure. Carly mentioned that to me. A Tablespoon out of the drawer is not the same a measuring tablespoon. I know it's not practical when eating out, but good advice for when you're home. They can add up quickly if you're not watching it.

adillenal 03-06-2013 08:14 AM

And in defense of JUDDD, I found it to be a very slow plan for me but I stuck with it and I am at goal now. If you want fast try Stillman's. That is quick but I sure got tired of lowfat all protein quickly. What I like about JUDDD is there are no forbidden foods. Just count the calories and eat that amount. Now I am one that after induction did very low DD's of about 250 for many many months. That way I had some wiggle room for UD's in case I got near Bluebell ice cream. JUDDD worked for me. Low carb High fat did not but low carb lowfat also worked for me.

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysue24 (Post 16299035)
I am trying not to be discouraged, but I have so much to lose. And I feel like we are working hard and then bam, gain. Makes this DD a lot less appealing :(

I totally understand. :console:

Farm Gal 03-06-2013 08:17 AM

Kellysue-This is my second go around with JUDDD. I lost 31lbs the first time and gained 22 of them back. When I started the first time- I gained 9lbs the first 12 days of rotations-not a clue why, but then rapidly lost the 9 and worked my way into a 1 to 2 lbs a week loss. Im now re-learning JUDDD and what works for me. I really think this WOE can have a lot of trial and error to it. While it is discouraging to see the number go up instead of down I think it is important to give it some time.. :hugs:Hang in there!!

sterlinggirl 03-06-2013 08:19 AM

:hugs: :console: Its goin to be ok..:hugs:

LoCarbGal 03-06-2013 08:21 AM

KellySue, you've gotten some good feedback already. Just wanted to lend my support and encourage you to keep with it. I do think the 12 pounds you lost on Atkins Induction is "hiding" what's going on for you now with JUDDD. Please keep on doing what you're doing, keep to your calories, and give it some time.

Maybe just give up weighing for the time being. Give it a couple of weeks and then see what's happened?

Um, you couldn't be pregnant could you? I think you said you were trying or getting ready to?

And lastly, lots of :hugs:. You can do this!

Yennie 03-06-2013 08:28 AM

JUDDD isn't fast, and there are scale bounces. The daily weight threads will attest to that. Additionally not every plan works for every body. Some people can roll with the bounces, some find it distressing...enough to bail :(
I personally am not a daily weigher for this reason. But my overall trend is downward so I'm pleased. I'm losing at a rate of about 1.2# per week. I'd say, based on reading about others journeys on this site, that's about average. Some lose faster, some slower. Because life & metabolism intervene. I don't recall reading 2.5#/week on the website - not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't remember it - but I suspect that was some kind of super strict test group.
For the majority of people who stick to the plan, JUDDD works.

Shinleaf 03-06-2013 08:29 AM

Im a newbie here first. Had my first DD yesterday and did Joe Cross's juicing for the day. Stayed under the 500 calories drank 70oz of fresh juice all day long. Went to bed half hour early as I was really tired (drained). Had to pee about every hour but Im 62 and thats not too unusual. So this morning Id lost 3.4#. Planning on still staying low carb, no starch except with eating my cashews, (theres starch in nuts) but really really good oils. I use my Vitamix blender ALOT! Makes excellent soups that I can add a few ounces of meat to. I can make a really good chocolate pudding with my cashews as well as a cheese sauce with the cashews. Im planning on using the culminations of all the diets Ive ever learned from in this. I wont juice EVERY DD, but this was a good kick off. I also walk 1/2 mile on the treadmill right now. Work full time, some grunt work walking. Had my Lapband removed 3 months ago after a 9 year run with that.

One question. What has worked best for you, 2DD with 1 day apart before another DD or do you spread it farther apart?

Good informative board here. Thanks!

Yam-Yam 03-06-2013 08:32 AM

Kelly: :console: You must be so frustrated!!! I'm so proud of you for hanging in there and sticking to the plan so well despite what the scale says.

I want to throw in my 2 cents worth. First, make sure you take your measurements. We had quite a discussion a while back about how fat has great volume (big and puffy like a sponge or marshmallow) but not a lot of weight or heaviness (like muscle which is more like a smaller but much heaver rock).

Sometimes we are losing fat but it takes the scale a while to catch up and show it because fat is so light it floats. (Ever open a can of soup and notice the fat floating on the top?) But fat is bulky.

Also, women tend to lose visceral fat (fat around the organs, on the inside) FIRST. That's a good thing because it gets rid of heart disease and gives relief to all organs, kidneys, liver... As we go along with our weight loss plan, and the visceral fat is burned off, then the subcutaneous fat (fat right under the skin) will start to go.

Another point I want to stress is that one of the wondrous jobs of the SIRT1 gene flowing is to burn existing fat and prevent extra calories from being turned into fat.

It has been said many times in the past by JUDD legends (Pat comes to mind) that the Down Days are hugely important in the beginning to get the SIRT1 activated. Pat always pointed out that for some people, the sirtuins also have a lot of healing to do in some people before they can start dropping weight.

In other words, while internal inflamation is being healed and maybe other disorders like a messed up metabolism or insulin resistance, your body may be unwilling to release pounds that it perceives to be protective. Once you keep going with the DDs and really get the sirtuins flowing they will do their healing and then you will see a big whoosh downward all at once.

There have been some JUDDers who started feeling better, more energy, clear skin, shiny hair, healthier, and still they didn't drop any weight for a month or two. Frustrating? yes. But it is what it is.

One more thing. Someone posted an article about how at first, when the fat starts to burn off, our fat cells fill up with water. Apparently they want to keep there balloon type shape just in case you decide to give up the diet and fill them with fat again.

After a certain period of time, as you keep your rotations going, they will realize the fat is not coming back to fill them. They release the water, shrink, and again this is why people see the big whooshes we attribute to the "Whoosh Fairy".

I did not check your numbers but agree with Kimberly about making sure you change the calculator to "lbs" "inches" and "female" to be sure they are right.

Then, my biggest advice is to concentrate on keeping your down days to the 20% (little or no exercise option) or lower if you can manage it. Do that as long as you can. Don't stress about the UDs right now. Do your best. But your focus should be the DDs.

I really struggled with UUADs for a long time. But I was religious about my DDs.

You may need to be patient as your metabolism heals and maybe some inner inflamation (that can really stall weight loss).

Make sure you are getting lots of sleep at night. When you sleep, your body produces the hormone Leptin. That hormone tells your brain you are not starving and gives it permission to release stored fat. When you don't get enough sleep your body produces the hormone Grehlin (think "Gremlin") which tells your brain to send messages to your stomach that you need to eat more and to cells that you need to store every morsel you eat as fat.

OK!!!!! Sermon over!!! LOL! Sorry, I got carried away and have too much time on my hands today!

We love you and are here for you! We will help you get this figured out, OK?:hugs:

kellysue24 03-06-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16299076)
JUDDD isn't fast, and there are scale bounces. The daily weight threads will attest to that. Additionally not every plan works for every body. Some people can roll with the bounces, some find it distressing...enough to bail :(
I personally am not a daily weigher for this reason. But my overall trend is downward so I'm pleased. I'm losing at a rate of about 1.2# per week. I'd say, based on reading about others journeys on this site, that's about average. Some lose faster, some slower. Because life & metabolism intervene. I don't recall reading 2.5#/week on the website - not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't remember it - but I suspect that was some kind of super strict test group.
For the majority of people who stick to the plan, JUDDD works.

It's on the diet FAQ under how much should I lose :(


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 AM.