Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
So, how do I lose 20 lbs in 5 weeks?!?

I am sooooo kicking myself for not sticking to JUDDD last year, I was down to 150 and doing great but then dropped out for stupid reasons, I am now at 171 as of this morning.

My husband got a nice bonus this year and last night approached me with the idea of going to Disney in June after our eldest graduated from HS. I'm petrified of flying PETRIFIED!!! So we are driving (thank you God!) but the trip got moved up to April vacation due to a discussion about the younger kids missing a week of school, even though it is at the butt end of the school year. So now instead of 3 months to keep losing I have 5 weeks, I tried on my favorite bathing suit (that looked totally decent last year) and I wanted to cry! None of my shorts fit, I look like a pasty pillsbury dough girl! I exercised this morning and have been doing low carb/JUDDD for 10 days (lost 4 pounds so far).

The moral of this whine fest is keep with it people, it does work but you have to keep up with it.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Excellent moral to the story!

I hope you have a wonderful trip (at a lower weight than you are now!)!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Sorry about what happened, Becky...I look back at months and years and say why didn't I do something..well..this Juddd has been the only way I have ever lost weight since I was in my 20's...then I could starve a week, no problem..the only really quicker way I have seen for people on here is the potato hack...now it doesn't agree with everyone..but the ones that it agrees with have lost several pounds at a time..with no apparent problem....Good luck to ya...Disney is fun.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Do your self a favor.. Get some thing new to wear for your trip and work the plan till you go.. Life happens.. Dont look back.. only look forward.. leasoned learned.. Love who you are even if your heavier than before ,, it does not define you! Get back on track.. look forward to spending time with family.. enjoy life!!! Love your self learn to see your soul not your excessive baggage... Hard to do sometimes i know.. but.. If you can love you now,, you can love you thinner.. and enjoy where you are right at THIS moment and time~ Best of luck dear, much love and respect to you ~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Well said, Kimberly!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
, sterlinggirl..very well said.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
^^^beautiful advice Kimberly

I would get some cheap summery clothes for the vacation, aim for some items that will adjust down with you as you lose, but still be comfy for car travel, sitting on rides, etc. Like light sundresses that can be worn over knee length yoga pants or bike short length. Modest on rides, but cool and classy looking. And you can always belt or take dresses in with darts or side seam tuck later. Plus the yoga capri thing keeps legs from chafing as you walk around for miles and miles, and you can use them for exercise clothes when you get home
I hear you on the sticking it out thing! At least you have a great tool that works even on vacation, and is a big help right afterward. Enjoy your family, they love YOU not your weight.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Do your self a favor.. Get some thing new to wear for your trip and work the plan till you go.. Life happens.. Dont look back.. only look forward.. leasoned learned.. Love who you are even if your heavier than before ,, it does not define you! Get back on track.. look forward to spending time with family.. enjoy life!!! Love your self learn to see your soul not your excessive baggage... Hard to do sometimes i know.. but.. If you can love you now,, you can love you thinner.. and enjoy where you are right at THIS moment and time~ Best of luck dear, much love and respect to you ~
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I am sooooo kicking myself for not sticking to JUDDD last year, I was down to 150 and doing great but then dropped out for stupid reasons, I am now at 171 as of this morning.

My husband got a nice bonus this year and last night approached me with the idea of going to Disney in June after our eldest graduated from HS. I'm petrified of flying PETRIFIED!!! So we are driving (thank you God!) but the trip got moved up to April vacation due to a discussion about the younger kids missing a week of school, even though it is at the butt end of the school year. So now instead of 3 months to keep losing I have 5 weeks, I tried on my favorite bathing suit (that looked totally decent last year) and I wanted to cry! None of my shorts fit, I look like a pasty pillsbury dough girl! I exercised this morning and have been doing low carb/JUDDD for 10 days (lost 4 pounds so far).

The moral of this whine fest is keep with it people, it does work but you have to keep up with it.
Hear ya on the flying. Too long of a quote to share some of my experiences, but totally get what you mean. Will not do it anymore unless it's a have to situation! Good job on your success! You can do it!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Stillman? When I really needed to shred the fat I lost 7lbs in a week. It seemed very effective. Stick to the Stillman plan but as close to 500 cals as you can make it every day. Drastic but it's not for life!

But just in case - get new clothes.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Wow!! This will be printed out and read when I feel down in the dumps, you really have a gift for words.

We have $ set aside for clothes so I will (in a few weeks) invest in some new items to round out my wardrobe.

We are keeping the trip a secret from the kids until Easter Sunday, the announcement will be made after they dig into their baskets. I have a feeling my soon to be 11 year old son is going to freak out!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks for the reminder to keep with it, Becky! It's just so easy to fall off and the pounds come back on with a vengence. Sorry you're having to travel old ground again, but you're going to have so much fun on your trip!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I love ya Becky~ You got this~
Oh and if your goin to print it out... Can ya run the spell check on it first )
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
[QUOTE=Becky;16298736] I look like a pasty pillsbury dough girl!

Green juice fast (Reboot or Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead) gets it off quickly and broke my sugar/salt/junk habit, lots and lots of walking (you will need to be fit to stand in all those lines) and a professional fake spray tan, takes pounds off and always makes me feel thinner and sportier.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I know different things work for different people. I've heard Adi mention how quickly Stillman's works for her. It used to work like that for me.

I discovered The Dukan Diet in August of 2011 and not only was the book a great, motivational read but I lost 14 pounds in 10 days and it never came back! After losing 28 pounds by sticking with the Cruise part (part II) of Dukan by December I found JUDD and lost down to -42.8 pounds. I'm up a bit now due to several weeks off for various reasons including vacations and lots of food!

We got back Sunday and on Monday morning of this week I dug out the Dukan book to refresh my memory and decided to incorporate his Attack Phase (part I) into my JUDDing. I did a DD/Dukan style Monday and saw a 4 pound drop Tuesday morning!

Yesterday (Tuesday) was an UD and I just ate pure protein and dairy with a few non-starchy veggies, a protein shake and good heap of blueberries. This morning I was down a whopping -3.4 for a total of -7.4 in just those two days of Dukan JUDDing.! I know it's JUDD magic with the initial water weight loss of a whoosh but I'm soooooooo excited.

I know low fat/low carb/ high protein does not work for everyone. And, be prepared for Dukan to dis plans like Atkins because Dr. Dukan seems to have a fat phobia. (He does not even encourage "healthy" fats like EVOO or EVCO, though he gives them a nod for being heart healthy).

There is a forum here on LCF for Dukan if you are not familiar with it and want to just get the basics. Dukan says most people only have to do the pure protein Attack Phase for 3 to 5 days to see what he calls a "First Decisive Weight Loss" which is lightening quick and gives hope and endurance and a will to keep going.

After the 3-5 days of Attack, you move into Cruise and then Consolidation.

That's how he promises you won't put back on the pounds you just lost.

For me, I find when I just need that jump start of pounds lost quickly, It's incredibly easy to meld JUDD and Dukan together.

BTW: Dukan is a lot like Stillman. He just allows more types of foods (like dairy and fatty fish like Salmon). Stillman seems boring and undoable for me now that I have found Dukan.

Dukan has a website you can go to and calculate your "true" or realistic weight and how much you can expect to lost in the different phases. There are four phases to his Diet.

Whatever you do it will be great! Concentrate on the DDs at the beginning to get the sirtuins flowing.

You know what to do because you have already done it successfully! And, JUDD is so darn easy to get back into after you have been away from it for a while. I'm amazed. It truly is magic.

If I were you I would 1. NOT beat yourself up at all! Be kind to you! 2. Make a plan 3. Do your best in these next couple of weeks, whatever plan you decide to follow 4. get some new clothes and enjoy that trip to the max!

You are going to have a blast!

Oh, and if you get the SIRT1 gene activated again, you don't have to worry about letting loose during the Disney trip. You can relax, enjoy eating and know that JUDD forgives. You either won't gain much because of the sirtuins or what you do gain will come right back off with a couple of DDs.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I had no great advice to add to the above but...when in April? We're going to Disney in April too!
Will the weather really be warm enough for shorts? I haven't worn shorts in so long! We went to Hawaii last year and I either wore capris or a 1 piece with coverups. Or, I guess, I wore sweat shorts, because nothing I had fit
Aside from Disney in April, we're also planning a trip back to Maui next March. Hoping, hoping, hoping for a bikini-worthy body. Oh please JUDDD magic!!!
Sorry for the kinda thread jack...

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Love what KIM said! I agree, don't look back, ONLY forward! What a special amazing trip for you and your family. Your days are numbered with your children, enjoy each of them to the fullest!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I had no great advice to add to the above but...when in April? We're going to Disney in April too!
Will the weather really be warm enough for shorts? I haven't worn shorts in so long! We went to Hawaii last year and I either wore capris or a 1 piece with coverups. Or, I guess, I wore sweat shorts, because nothing I had fit
Aside from Disney in April, we're also planning a trip back to Maui next March. Hoping, hoping, hoping for a bikini-worthy body. Oh please JUDDD magic!!!
Sorry for the kinda thread jack...
We're going the week of the 15th, judging by the info I've been reading today the weather should be shorts friendly (high 70's into the 80's). Last time we went it was in October (2000) and I lived in shorts (I also weighed 40 pounds less! This was pre-suprise #3 child). I was really hoping for a few more months to get into my beach-sorta-worthy body but I'll work with what I have, I don't really expect to lose 20 lbs in the 5 weeks I have I'll be happy with ten more gone. Super hyped about my trip to Old Navy on Saturday for some new shirts and maybe a couple pairs of shorts (my sister can have them after I shrink out of them as she is a few sizes up from me and loves hand me downs).

I would LOVE to go to Hawaii but my husband would have to knock me out to get me on a plane for that!

I will check out the other plans listed above, but low carb/JUDDD seems to be working so far....plain old JUDDD worked like a miracle last time. I'm also extreamly motivated to exercise my rear off, did 1/2 hour today!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm assuming you're going to Florida since you're driving. We spend a lot of time at Disneyland, but haven't quite made it to DisneyWorld yet.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Love what KIM said! I agree, don't look back, ONLY forward! What a special amazing trip for you and your family. Your days are numbered with your children, enjoy each of them to the fullest!
Exactly! They grow up WAY too fast in my opinion!! The only plus is that we will always have our autistic child (he is severe and will never be able to live on his own, so with us he will stay! ).
Old 03-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm assuming you're going to Florida since you're driving. We spend a lot of time at Disneyland, but haven't quite made it to DisneyWorld yet.
Yup, Disney World, loads of driving but not as much as trecking to California. We're planning a bunch of stops for the kids.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Awww, I SO feel your pain! I'm going to DW on Easter (we ARE flying, though) and I am waiting until the last minute to see what fits. I was hoping to be down more before I go. We'll see, I guess. I am loathe to go low carb again, though. <hanging head>
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Awww, I SO feel your pain! I'm going to DW on Easter (we ARE flying, though) and I am waiting until the last minute to see what fits. I was hoping to be down more before I go. We'll see, I guess. I am loathe to go low carb again, though. <hanging head>
There is nothing wrong with adding carbs back in, it's all about what works for you! I did great with JUDDD and oodles of carbs last go around, this time low carb is how I'm attacking it (I feel better while sugar/wheat free). Did you lose while low carbing? I usually have a tough time losing while doing Atkins, I maintain with no effort whatsoever but losing is tough. We can both do it!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
There is nothing wrong with adding carbs back in, it's all about what works for you! I did great with JUDDD and oodles of carbs last go around, this time low carb is how I'm attacking it (I feel better while sugar/wheat free). Did you lose while low carbing? I usually have a tough time losing while doing Atkins, I maintain with no effort whatsoever but losing is tough. We can both do it!
I seem to be alone over here in that I never tried Atkins! I lost 60ish pounds 3 times on south beach, though. ( I am a pro at losing AND regaining, it seems!) I actually loved it, but could not maintain that way of eating long term. At least, not while I still have teens and a tween around that like carbs...and often! I still think it's a healthier way to eat, though!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I seem to be alone over here in that I never tried Atkins! I lost 60ish pounds 3 times on south beach, though. ( I am a pro at losing AND regaining, it seems!) I actually loved it, but could not maintain that way of eating long term. At least, not while I still have teens and a tween around that like carbs...and often! I still think it's a healthier way to eat, though!
Me. Me. I never tried Atkins either! Being such an ingrained Stillmanite all my life and reading his (Stillman's) books over and over again, I just couldn't do it. I leafed through the Atkins book once at a used book store but put it back on the shelf thinking "it's not for me".

I actually bought the Southbeach diet book. But I never tried that one either! Though I thought it looked great.

I think what you said about not being able to maintain a WOE is why so many people are switching over to JUDD. I've been JUDDing (except when I take time off for indulgent vacations or twice for family tragedies that involved long trips and lots of comfort food) for about 13 months and am amazed at myself for not ever getting tired of it!

It's so easy to come back to after a vacation. So many benefits. And, the weight stays off.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Consider wearing a big oversized T-shirt over your swimsuit. I did that on a vacation in Panama, where I couldn't turn down the opportunity to scuba dive in a coral reef, but didn't feel comfortable just wearing the bathing suit. It worked fine for me, and made me much less self-conscious than in the suit with no T-shirt.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Me. Me. I never tried Atkins either! Being such an ingrained Stillmanite all my life and reading his (Stillman's) books over and over again, I just couldn't do it. I leafed through the Atkins book once at a used book store but put it back on the shelf thinking "it's not for me".

I actually bought the Southbeach diet book. But I never tried that one either! Though I thought it looked great.

I think what you said about not being able to maintain a WOE is why so many people are switching over to JUDD. I've been JUDDing (except when I take time off for indulgent vacations or twice for family tragedies that involved long trips and lots of comfort food) for about 13 months and am amazed at myself for not ever getting tired of it!

It's so easy to come back to after a vacation. So many benefits. And, the weight stays off.
YES! I wanted something that I could see myself doing forever. SB was fabulous for me, but vacations were rough and in the end, I would rebel against not being able to have the day to day stuff my family did. Nothing like making food for everyone else and you can't eat any of it! (or feel like you're "cheating" and would pay on the scales!)

I hope JUDDD is easy to get back to! I am already thinking how I'm going to handle Disney & how I'll eat. OY!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My brother and SIL did South Beach and both did fabulous, they both lost at least 50 lbs! They have since quit and gained it all back, I keep hinting that they should start up again as they both said they loved the plan. I much prefer Atkins myself, I like the limited food, if I have too many choices I get overwhelmed and go wacko.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosie Posie
Stats: 254/231/155
WOE: Low Carb, Gluten Free Mix (moving towards Paleo)
Start Date: April 2012
Yennie; not on the diet, but on your fear of flying have you talked to your dr about getting a sedative? I have a fear of flying as well, but had to fly frequently for my job. So instead of having panic attacks and trying not to flip out by breathing and reciting mantras in my head (probably looking like a crazy) I got an Rx for 2 medications. One is a general anti-anxiety to take the morning of to relax on the way to the airport. The other (lorazapam) I take 1 hr before I board the plane. These are not expensive and they don't have crazy side effects (unless you take too many then it's like being drunk/really tired). I just feel more relaxed, no rapid breathing, no more racing heart, no feeling like I'm going to die at every bump etc. My dr. had me try them out on a weekend, so I'd know how I reacted/felt before trying to navigate an airport. Anyways, just wanted to tell you about these meds in case you wanted to get to Hawaii after you fit into your new bikini
Rosie Posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosie Posie
Stats: 254/231/155
WOE: Low Carb, Gluten Free Mix (moving towards Paleo)
Start Date: April 2012
oops I meant that message for Becky
Rosie Posie is offline   Reply With Quote