Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Wednesday - eat, drink & be skinny (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798828-dd-wednesday-eat-drink-skinny.html)

LoCarbGal 03-06-2013 06:26 AM

DD Wednesday - eat, drink & be skinny

B: Coffee w/HWC
L: Coffee w/HWC
D: Vegetable, lentil soup and some deli ham

Target - 415 calories

jaymar 03-06-2013 06:38 AM

Hey LCG, it's a dd for me also..I plan to have
B one boiled egg plus one egg white 100 cals
L coffee w/evco 80 cals
D one choc./peanut bar @ 150 cals
I hope I can stick with this..might need a 100 cal snack before bed..:dunno:

Missouri_Librarian 03-06-2013 06:40 AM

Hey beauties.....DD for me today too

B; gluc pill and water
L; slim fast shake of I need it
D; can of white chicken, 1 tablespoon mayo..serving crackers

Have a great day all, stay strong, WE GOT THIS <3

Farm Gal 03-06-2013 06:40 AM

B: Coffee
L: Coffee
D: Fried tuna patty, cup of cooked baby carrots and a nice side salad.

Should be about 400 calories for the day!

cherryhair 03-06-2013 06:42 AM

B: Lemon Water
L: Protein Shake
D: Chicken Cabbage Thingy

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 06:49 AM

good morning everyone!! :)
B: black coffee, sugar free gum
L: housework
Afternoon snack: 2 pieces baked bacon, coffee w/coconut milk
D: not sure yet

JMBM 03-06-2013 07:12 AM

B: Coffee w/halfnhalf = 20

*LCG What is HWC?

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 07:15 AM

JM HWC is 'heavy whipping cream'. In my head everytime I see it, I always think 'whole wheat cream'(even though hose letters don't match up lol)

JMBM 03-06-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16298860)
JM HWC is 'heavy whipping cream'. In my head everytime I see it, I always think 'whole wheat cream'(even though hose letters don't match up lol)

Gotcha.:laugh: Thought it had to be something like that.:stars:

Whitlin' 03-06-2013 07:26 AM

Good morning! I'm planning to eat a little every few hours today, in 5 meals.

I'm dividing a recipe for a berries/almond milk/protein powder smoothie.

I had half at 8:30 (100 calories)

and will make the other half at 11:30. (100 calories)

Then I'll divide a Subway Tuna Salad between 2:30 (155 calories)

and 4:30, (155 calories).

Since I have DDs in maintenance that can be 700 or over, I'll have enough calories left for supper at 6:30. Am thinking of a 1/2-cup serving of beans. (150 calories) And then probably just hold it there at 660 for the day.

JMBM 03-06-2013 07:28 AM

BTW good morning to all;) Just noticed so many post such nice greetings before they write their post. I generally just slap the info on there and go about my day. So I thought I'd follow suit.:laugh: Also just want to remind myself and others that WE CAN DO THIS!:up: Have a super duper DD!!

SlowSure 03-06-2013 07:33 AM

I heated 2 cold, pressure-cooked potatoes in vinegar and some water and ate those for lunch. However, that's only approx 200 kcals so I'll need to eat something similar later today. (Dinner will probably be a similar weight of potato with no added sugar, fat-free roasted tomato ketchup.)

I'm so cold that I'm longing for the next few hours to pass quickly so that I have a reasonable excuse to have an early night with 4 hot water bottles or so :)

Best wishes for a good DD for everyone.

Librarygirl 03-06-2013 07:34 AM

Good morning my lovely JB's!:love: I am sooo enjoying 5:2 and the relaxed feeling it has given me. I made a decision to do a DD today, yesterday, so here I am. :)

B- breakfast tea with cream and splenda - 15

xplode energy supplement w/water - 15

L- 1 oz of ham, LC cheese, 2 dill pickles - 70

s- celery w/blue cheese yogurt dressing (2 T) - 55

D- 4 oz green beans, cauliflower, salmon - 200?

s- fudgesicle - 40 :yummy:

mom23kids 03-06-2013 07:45 AM

I'm baaack :D After experimenting with different plans for maintenance I realized I was making the whole thing way more complicated than it needed to be. This morning I'm back with JUDDD, with my first DD in almost a month! I still need to figure out my UD/DD numbers, but so far I've had a 220 calorie chicken and rice entree.

sorenkkg 03-06-2013 08:09 AM

Hola :hiya: folks!
Welcome back Sara!
JM-- you can post however you like, no pressure! :D
Cindy-- glad 5:2 is working for you! That's the most important thing, finding what works for yourself, since we're all so unique!
Whitlin'-- so many people find the mini-meals helpful, have you tried it before or is this an experiment?

Me, today-- still recovering from yesterday's massive headache/migraine. Have a bit leftover today :( but it's more manageable.

Also, b/c of the headache, I took pain meds that have caffeine in them, and didn't fall asleep until 3:30am :eek:
sigh.

I'm having 1 mug of black tea today (butter rum flavor) and that's it.

B: butter rum tea
lemon water all day
L: cabbage soup (53) and vitamins
S: if needed, 3oz carrots, 30 cal
D: 3oz chicken strips (120) and 2 servings ff greek yogurt (200) and sweetener, and 2T sf jam (40)

Looks like 443 cal and 42g net carbs

Have a great day :)

Flutter 03-06-2013 08:28 AM

butter rum tea? I'll take some! (just the rum part, though! LOL!)

Morning all, seems like it should be evening already the way my morning's gone.

ANYHOO!!!

Still working on coffee here (with a splash of skim). I'm annoyed with the evil scale and moody this week, so probably just coffee for me, and maybe a large skinny latte later when I'm running a gazillion kid errands. If I get hungry, I'll boil some eggs.

Hmph.

LG & Sara, good to see you both back!

JM, sometimes I'm chatty in daily threads, sometimes I just post foods...and sometimes I don't even post in them. Just depends on my mood, I guess. Post however you feel like girly!

Soren, so sorry about the migraine! My 9yo DD's been struggling with one this week. stupid headaches, they're horrible! Feel better hun!

Librarygirl 03-06-2013 08:35 AM

Thank you, Flutter.:friends: I didn't go anywhere really, just doing 2 DDs a week and sometimes I don't post my meal plan. :) Don't get too frustrated with the scale, sweetie, because by my calculations you've consistently lost 2 lbs a week! :up:

LoCarbGal 03-06-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16298782)
good morning everyone!! :)
B: black coffee, sugar free gum
L: housework
Afternoon snack: 2 pieces baked bacon, coffee w/coconut milk
D: not sure yet

Housework for lunch, huh? Really good idea! Talk about a negative calorie meal!

Yennie 03-06-2013 08:37 AM

Morning all! Still in bed...again! My own little mini-vacation.
B: coffee with sf vanilla & co
L: liquid of some variety...coffee, tea, lemon water, etc
D: hubby wants pork chops & mashed potatoes so saving all the cals for this. Need to do some weighing & investigating for cals so I can figure out how much to eat. I will likely make him his fave mashed potatoes full of milk, butter & cheese, while sticking to a potato hack recipe for myself. Riding 2 horses again today so hopefully that will keep me busy enough to not get too hungry!

Demonica 03-06-2013 08:53 AM

So far just coffee with HWC
L- either more coffee with HWC or tea
S- chicken salad or tuna casserole. Can't decide which right now.

Yam-Yam 03-06-2013 09:19 AM

I'm soooooo glad it's another DD! Did I just really say that? :hyst: Yesterday I was unusually stressed about having an UD because 1. I was not hungry 2. I was askeered of my nice drop on the scale bouncing back after said UD 3. I felt stressed that if I didn't take in all my UD calories (hard when you are NOT NOt NOT hungry) I'll mess up the plan.... What a crazy person I am!

Whew! So glad I don't have to stress about food today!

Right now: Coffeee, Coffee, Coffee and more coffee. 100 calories allowed for half and half.

Lots of water, water, water (stirring in a tablespoon of ACV with every other glass)

Breakfast: Zero
Lunch: planning on an omelet with lots of green pepper
Dinner: Grilled Chicken; mixed green salad with purple cabbage and carrots and light dressing. Maybe cooked spinach.

Snack before bed: Muscle Milk Light, chocolate, with gluc powder and frozen blueberries whipped up in the magic bullet.

Sometime: Maybe a cup of hot chocolate with a teaspoon of coconut oil.

more water!

Goal: Stay at or under 500 calories for the day!

JMBM 03-06-2013 09:31 AM

You guys are so much fun. Okay, I won't feel guilty for not being miss merry sunshine;) I just didn't want folks to think i'm self absorbed. lol Just get in a hurry sometimes and forget to take the time to send positive thoughts to others.:heart:

JMBM 03-06-2013 09:34 AM

Oh and so far my DD is going good. Coffee w/ half n half thus far for 20 cal. And I am doing some serious green tea/water drinking. As for dinner im thinking chicken gumbo soup for 220 and a grilled cheese for 145 to total me out for 385.:aprayer: We shall see.....

Whitlin' 03-06-2013 09:52 AM

Yes I have actually done mini-meals more than I've done "windows" of eating hours, Soren, though I have concentrated on both at different times with success. I just don't usually plan mini-meals so carefully as today.

Over the long haul, as I look back on my record-keeping, I seemed to do better on all-day mini-eating days than on days I restricting until mid-afternoon or so. Interesting to me that there seems to be less thinking, because I've done most of the thinking ahead of time, and always when I was not hungry.

With the various "window" eating options, I tend to get absentminded later and make poor decisions, because my hungry-voice (or at least my "haven't eaten enough" voice) is talking at the same time my brain is talking. :D The evenings then become like going to the grocery store when you are hungry, versus going when you aren't particularly concerned.

I realize I'm missing some potential benefits, like the chance to exercise in the fasted state.

Librarygirl 03-06-2013 10:04 AM

Technically, you are still in the fasting state all day on your DD, whitlin, so you still have the benefits of exercise to enjoy today, if you like. :)

sorenkkg 03-06-2013 10:27 AM

I just find this all so interesting! I can do a lot of things on DDs, but so far, haven't exercised yet.
I'm just sitting here thinking, maybe I'll start exercising when I get to onederland... :confused: ... not sure about that.

Anyhoo-- like JM, I"m drinking a ton today, just guzzled a liter of lemon water, and I think I should go more slowly with the next 2 (drinking too fast doesn't give you the benefits of any fluid, I think I read... better to sip consistently over time) but I got up late :rolleyes:

Anyway, so now I'm thinking I'll make it to dinner w/out any snacking, so I'm going to see if I can change up my food:

D: 3oz chicken strips, and 3 servings (1.5c each) of coleslaw, in stirfry
2servings ff greek yogurt, 2T sf jam

total for day: 435 cal, 38g net

whatever, we shall see....

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16299107)
Housework for lunch, huh? Really good idea! Talk about a negative calorie meal!

I am trying to break my habit and mindset that the noon hour is for eating lol

Yennie 03-06-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16299373)
I am trying to break my habit and mindset that the noon hour is for eating lol

Go for a walk maybe? I usually end up working through my noon hour on the days I'm working so that's not as hard as it could be.
Its the days I'm home all day, especially when the monkey is sleeping, that are hard for me.
I'm headed to the barn soon so it will make it easier to resist the food until later tonight.

mom23kids 03-06-2013 11:18 AM

Ok, got rest of my day figured out-

Chix and rice entree
Large salad with lettuce, bell pepper, mushroom, deli turkey breast, bacon bits, hb egg, croutons, tomatoe and light Italian dressing
Whole grain English muffin with ICBNB spray and 1/2 mashed banana

Comes to around 600 calories :)

hot-in-texas 03-06-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16299505)
Ok, got rest of my day figured out-

Chix and rice entree
Large salad with lettuce, bell pepper, mushroom, deli turkey breast, bacon bits, hb egg, croutons, tomatoe and light Italian dressing
Whole grain English muffin with ICBNB spray and 1/2 mashed banana

Comes to around 600 calories :)

good to see you back Sara :)