Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Looking forward to DDs?

You know what? it's 7:00 p.m. and already I'm looking forward to tomorrow's DD. Weird.

Here's the scoop. Today, an UD, I was not hungry. I had all my 1900 calories planned out, but not hungry. What is my body telling me?

I ate two meals, but I stressed out all day about what to eat and whether to eat and when to eat. Maybe I drank too much coffee or too much water and the hunger just didn't get a chance to click in.

Psychologically, it could be because after weeks of no rotations and UUADs, I finally had an awesome DD yesterday, felt great and saw the scale whoosh downward this morning. In the back of my wee mind I think I don't want to see the inevitable bounce back up tomorrow morning.

I'm not going to let myself worry too much about it. After all the over the top days these last 3 + weeks, I refuse to believe that one or a few low cal UDs will do harm in the long run.

Guess I just needed to get it off my chest. And, I wonder if anyone else looks forward to DDs because they are less stressful. Less thinking about food, trying to avoid it, feeling pressured to eat it when I don't want anything, wondering if I'm screwing up the plan and my chances of success, blah, blah, blah....

Is it bedtime yet?

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Yam yam, I look forward to UDs more, however, on DDs I do find myself thinking how much better I feel not eating, and also I always realize on my DD that I'm not particularly hungry. And I start to think, that I think it is likely that 80% of the time I am eating on my UD, it's not because I'm hungry. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I actually look forward to UDs more, but actually enjoy my DDs more, if that makes any sense whatsoever lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I may be the odd person too, because UDs concern me in exactly the same way you describe. I can do a mid day and not a worry, but when I fail to do an UD, it stresses my psyche to come up with a plan that insures more than adequate calories. I finally decided to eat to hunger scale and quit the nonsense.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I know what you mean Yam-Yam. DDs are not really very fun, but they're not really very bad either. Lots less to think about, food-wise. UDs, there's planning, and budgeting, and oh-my-gosh what if I want a "fill in the blank" later and don't have enough for it.

I agree with you, that a lowish UD isn't going go hurt you here and there. But remember those sirtuins really get going with good spread. It shouldn't be this complicated, should it? Just eating I mean. Sigh...
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm not going to let myself worry too much about it.

However, because you've just come back to strict rotations, it might be easier to get some good calories under your belt early in the day next UD, with maybe only a light evening meal planned.

You're right LCG, eating shouldn't be complicated but unfortunately we're trying to eat well and lose weight!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I don't dread them, and I don't look forward to them. They just are. Same with UDs, though I do enjoy eating and rarely stress about it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I really do look forward to them quite often. I enjoy the emptier feeling in rotation with eating whatever I like, makes them both better. I had two up days back to back last weekend and just felt so dang full at the end of the second day that I was really looking forward to having less in me.
Push away the stress dear heart, you always do so well
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Love ya Yam yam.. I think starting after a few weeks off is tough.. I have missed my rotations.. and i "think" I am goin to throw caution to the wind and start them again.. Two things have changeed since i stop them and started eating every day..
1 Acid reflux is back.. Not with a vengance.. but back none the less..and
2. Blood pressure is up a tad.. last nites BP was 138 over 74.. That top number was resting at 110 or below for a long time while doing JUDDD. So for health reasons i belive i will start up my daily rotations again. with you~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
You guys get me!!!

Wow! Wow! I just love you JBs!! You really "get" me. I don't have to worry that you will all think I'm nuts when I need to rant and rave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Yam yam, I look forward to UDs more, however, on DDs I do find myself thinking how much better I feel not eating, and also I always realize on my DD that I'm not particularly hungry. And I start to think, that I think it is likely that 80% of the time I am eating on my UD, it's not because I'm hungry. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I actually look forward to UDs more, but actually enjoy my DDs more, if that makes any sense whatsoever lol
It does make sense to me! It really does! And, I so get what you mean about the UD eating is not because I'm hungry. It's just because. No reason. Especially my week in Palm Springs. Gosh. I knew I was not hungry. But there was so much yummy food everywhere I just ate "because" . Because I felt I could or gave myself permission or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I may be the odd person too, because UDs concern me in exactly the same way you describe. I can do a mid day and not a worry, but when I fail to do an UD, it stresses my psyche to come up with a plan that insures more than adequate calories. I finally decided to eat to hunger scale and quit the nonsense.
Love this! Stop the nonsense! I remember Linda (Beeb) doing a thread about it not being that complicated. Eat one day. Fast the next. Eat the next. Stop obsessing! How come I tell myself that makes sense and then have a day like yesterday where I stress about it anyway? Guess I just need to relax back into the rhythm of rotations and enjoy the journey. Sounds like a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I know what you mean Yam-Yam. DDs are not really very fun, but they're not really very bad either. Lots less to think about, food-wise. UDs, there's planning, and budgeting, and oh-my-gosh what if I want a "fill in the blank" later and don't have enough for it.

I agree with you, that a lowish UD isn't going go hurt you here and there. But remember those sirtuins really get going with good spread. It shouldn't be this complicated, should it? Just eating I mean. Sigh...
Exactly! Well this morning I was thinking about Mosley and the Horizon video again. He totally fasted for 4 days in a row and then had blood work done and everything was so much better! apparently he didn't harm himself or go into the dreaded starvation mode. So, this morning I told myself that I'm going to be strict on DDs, have a plan to eat 1900 calories on UDs but not stress about it if I don't and do that for just this first week back. Next week I shall be more observant of the spread. I know 1000 calories spread is said to be optimal for getting the SIRTs going. I'll ease into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post

However, because you've just come back to strict rotations, it might be easier to get some good calories under your belt early in the day next UD, with maybe only a light evening meal planned.

You're right LCG, eating shouldn't be complicated but unfortunately we're trying to eat well and lose weight!
"unfortunately"? HA!.... I know myself well enough to know that if I eat early in the day I'm doomed to go Up Up and AWAY!!! I'm not going to experiment with that right now. I'll eat at noon or later every day. But I know that works for some people. Adi, for instance, has to have a breakfast usually of eggs every morning for this to work for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I don't dread them, and I don't look forward to them. They just are. Same with UDs, though I do enjoy eating and rarely stress about it.
Now, that's where I want to get to! I want to be you! What a great attitude and great wisdom. Now. For me to just get there and stay there! I'll try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I really do look forward to them quite often. I enjoy the emptier feeling in rotation with eating whatever I like, makes them both better. I had two up days back to back last weekend and just felt so dang full at the end of the second day that I was really looking forward to having less in me.
Push away the stress dear heart, you always do so well
Thank you. I'm gonna turn my back on that stress and tell that accusing doubting voice in my head to shut up and be quiet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Love ya Yam yam.. I think starting after a few weeks off is tough.. I have missed my rotations.. and i "think" I am goin to throw caution to the wind and start them again.. Two things have changeed since i stop them and started eating every day..
1 Acid reflux is back.. Not with a vengance.. but back none the less..and
2. Blood pressure is up a tad.. last nites BP was 138 over 74.. That top number was resting at 110 or below for a long time while doing JUDDD. So for health reasons i belive i will start up my daily rotations again. with you~
Sorry about the acid reflux. Yuck! Keep me posted on how it goes with getting back to DDs. I remember you having some issues with not wanting to eat on UDs way back when, right? How did you overcome it? I think maybe for me it's just that getting back after such an indulgent break I don't want to mess anything up.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I sometimes look forward to DDs. I am finding that I look forward to them more now, on 5:2 because they aren't eod. I really enjoyed my last DD and am enjoying today as well. I've had that DD "high" last couple of DDs...not sure if that's because of 5:2 or not, but I just feel really good!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I look forward to them usually b/c I know that is the day my body does the most "work" on this plan, so I'm looking forward to the payoff afterwards.
Not looking forward to being cold, and to making sure that even though I generally stick to my numbers and it's generally not that hard, it's still sort of a constant-vigilence thing all the day.

At the end of a DD, I usually plan every morsel I want to eat on the UD, just to give myself a reason to stay in bed and not get up and snack. Then I wake up on the UD, and I'm NOT HUNGRY and I usually re-work the whole previous plan so that it's less carby, or has some other focus.

I get excited and nervous, weighing in after a DD (i.e. UD morning... sort of like Christmas morning, but with only 1 present).
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Much to my own surprise, I am actually becoming fond of DDs. I love the "clean" feeling that I get. I feel energized. I enjoy the manageable hunger because it tells me that I am getting in tune with my body and that JUDDD is doing its magic. I know that if there is something I would especially like to eat, that I may have it the next day. It is really odd to even see those words typed out, because I would have never expected to feel that way...ever. I am thankful that I don't dread them anymore. The dread really only was a factor prior to actually having the first few DD's under my belt. I am surprised at the deliciousness of a 500 calorie day menu and that it is relatively easy to stay within bounds. I love the fact that having the discipline to stay true to the DD protocol enables me to have luxurious guilt free indulgences (within reason, of course) on UDs. I love that I am feeling better and stronger each day. I don't even get upset now when the scale doesn't budge or I see the UD bounce occur. I know that I am healthier and happier....and that things are moving in the right direction. Last but certainly not least, I am so happy to have found such a wonderful group to interact with and learn with. Thank you!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yam yes i did.My body got used to giving me the wrong signals.. Trained it that way unfortunatley.. I did struggle to eat all my UD cal and had to resort to eat till full and then cram in at end of day what i was missing from lack of calorie dence food with peanutbutter,, by the spoonfulls just to get there! Thank goodness those days are over lol.. My appitite has been healed by JUDDD for sure Once you get goin again.. you will find it comes back.. and i would say.. on your UD stay clear of coffee.. i found a habbit of drinking coffee on my UD just like my DD and it keeps me from not bieng hungry.. Another thing ya can try is.. eat as soon as your feet hit the floor in the am before you drink that coffee.. it seams to get your motor running ~ :0
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
Much to my own surprise, I am actually becoming fond of DDs. I love the "clean" feeling that I get. I feel energized. I enjoy the manageable hunger because it tells me that I am getting in tune with my body and that JUDDD is doing its magic. I know that if there is something I would especially like to eat, that I may have it the next day. It is really odd to even see those words typed out, because I would have never expected to feel that way...ever. I am thankful that I don't dread them anymore. The dread really only was a factor prior to actually having the first few DD's under my belt. I am surprised at the deliciousness of a 500 calorie day menu and that it is relatively easy to stay within bounds. I love the fact that having the discipline to stay true to the DD protocol enables me to have luxurious guilt free indulgences (within reason, of course) on UDs. I love that I am feeling better and stronger each day. I don't even get upset now when the scale doesn't budge or I see the UD bounce occur. I know that I am healthier and happier....and that things are moving in the right direction. Last but certainly not least, I am so happy to have found such a wonderful group to interact with and learn with. Thank you!

Kimmie
Enjoy reading your posts, Kimmie. Glad you are part of this group too!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote