Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I didn't die on my DD but... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798764-i-didnt-die-my-dd-but.html)

kellysue24 03-05-2013 06:59 AM

I didn't die on my DD but...

How much easier does it get? I felt awful in the evening. I couldn't stop moving, it was bizarre. This morning, I haven't eaten yet, but man I still feel like crap :(

LoCarbGal 03-05-2013 07:04 AM

The first few/several DDs can be like that. Kind of like Atkins Induction flu, where you feel tired and sick, or flushed and antsy. It's one of those unfortunate things that you have to push through, do what you can to feel better, and just trust that it will pass soon. Sorry you're feeling bad! Can you eat some good, nutritious food this morning to help you?

kellysue24 03-05-2013 07:20 AM

I really didn't feel that hungry. I mean I was, but the hardest part was feeling pretty foggy, low energy and that really shaky feeling.

I had 490 calories which actually ended up being more food than I thought it would be. Cup of soup, atkins bar, edamame and a piece of cheese with salsa. But I still felt like poo :( I should eat this morning and hope that helps.

b_lou_who 03-05-2013 07:43 AM

it gets so easy you won't believe you wrote that first post...really!
our bodies adapt magnificently. quite a few of us notice that we get a lot more done on down days, so just go with it.

Yennie 03-05-2013 08:15 AM

Some others have reported this as well. It does get easier with time.
You should consider joining & posting in the March Newbie thread. It gets more traffic & has great new ladies sharing their experiences, and lots of support from the veterans.

piratejenny 03-05-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysue24 (Post 16296639)
I really didn't feel that hungry. I mean I was, but the hardest part was feeling pretty foggy, low energy and that really shaky feeling.

Hi, I'm not JUDDDing anymore but I still hang out here because it's so friendly! :laugh:

One strategy people use is to start with slightly higher DD cals (like 700 or 800) and decrease slowly.

I can't stand that shaky feeling--I'm diabetic, and sometimes I get it when I'm not even hungry, but the only way to get over it is by eating something.

I've been experimenting with raw cornstarch as a fuel source/blood sugar stabilizer lately...I'm going to try a sort of DD today and will report back.

I hope you feel better after you eat. :hugs:

BobApjok 03-05-2013 08:21 AM

It DOES get better. The others are right. it almost becomes like "no big deal". yes, still feel hungry, but not dazed and out of it. (at least it did for me)

ouizoid 03-05-2013 08:57 AM

as others say, start with 7-800 calories. My trick is to make those extra 200 calories oil that I stir into my tea or coffee one teaspoon at a time 3-4 times before noon, with no other food. I use MCT oil and drink 3-4 cups of hot tea or hot lemonade with a teaspoon of MCT oil in each cup. Not only can I get to noon or one without eating, but the MCT oil (or coconut oil if you prefer) seems to suppress my appetite for the rest of the day. I am consuming 700 calories, but only 500 calories of food. This seems to work for me.

hot-in-texas 03-05-2013 09:27 AM

Hang in there kellysue, my first weeks of DDs were difficult. Mainly because I couldn't sleep, I don't think I was actually too hungry or starving, but just restless. It does get better, hang in there.

Carly 03-05-2013 09:48 AM

It gets so much better! You will be amazed in the next month. A caution about oils. Some bodies register those calories just as they would any other type of calories so it may slow losses. I tried that with CO way back and stalled completely until I got rid of it or counted it as part of my DD alottment. YMMV with the oil, but DDs will become easier if you hang in.

ouizoid 03-05-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16297045)
It gets so much better! You will be amazed in the next month. A caution about oils. Some bodies register those calories just as they would any other type of calories so it may slow losses. I tried that with CO way back and stalled completely until I got rid of it or counted it as part of my DD alottment. YMMV with the oil, but DDs will become easier if you hang in.

Carly is right--some people stall using oil and some people don't. My body acts like the MCT oil does not count and I lose weight the same whether I have the extra 200 oil calories or I don't. YMMV. It is all a grand experiment. I think at the beginning, going for 700 calories, the first 200 being oil in hot liquid gets you adjusted to only "eating" 500 calories a day. As soon as the SIRT enzymes kick in, this will be a lot more effortless for you.

kellysue24 03-05-2013 09:57 AM

I think that I may actually be sick. I thought it was just from not eating, but I've eaten today and still don't feel good :(

zipp2play 03-05-2013 11:10 AM

Feel better girl!

I can tell you, my DD numbers are never like anyone else's here. I have never had one that was Under 500c and most of mine are between 600c-700c, even 800c if necessary. If my numbers are too low, concentrating at work doesn't happen. I have a high stress, high power job. If I am not functioning, things don't go well...so I just don't let my calories go that low. Being able to function and sustain life is necessary, so for me, I just adjust the levels up!

sorenkkg 03-05-2013 01:46 PM

Just chiming in-- I think though that you can see that while everyone is different and have found different paths to easiER dds (some are actually easy, some are easier, some are still hard).

It took me a while to figure out what works for me... and even that has changed over time. But now, I regularly shoot for under 500, and its working. For a long while, I was doing 500, and sometimes 600, and doing ok.

I find not eating until about 3pm, small snack, and then a nicer DD dinner, works for me. LOTS of fluids, and I'm finding lemon water is helping.

I experimented with mini meals (like, 50cal meals 10x a day or whatever), I tried a potato day, I've tried higher carbs (um, no) and I've tried more protein...

So, keep experimenting to find what works best for you, and then, don't worry about eating that same thing almost every DD, which I find a lot of people do also. Makes life simple, and honestly, it gets to be that the only thing you really think about is UDs.

Flossyliz 03-05-2013 04:14 PM

Kelly you could be detoxing. Are you drinking plenty of water?

kellysue24 03-05-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16297886)
Kelly you could be detoxing. Are you drinking plenty of water?

I have been drinking a lot of water, but a ton of tea too. I went through atkins induction last week and I've been through it before and never detoxed like this. I think maybe I have a touch of a virus. Even today eating on my UD, I still haven't felt good. Kind of dizzy and just poor feeling :(

Flossyliz 03-06-2013 04:38 AM

Sounds like your body's busy dealing with something.
Be gentle with yourself!
I hope you soon feel better.