Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Checking in.....

Yikes! Life has been hectic.

We did our annual Palm Springs trip at our time share and hooked up with DH's sister and hubby from Wisconsin.

The week before that we had to attend a Tech-Expo and our 14 year old grand daughter joined us.

After Palm Springs I went to southern California to spend time with our son, his wife and my two adorable grand sons.

Now I'm back home, ready to get back to baby sitting my three grand kids and trying to find some normal kind of routine.

I did not weigh myself the whole time I was gone. Blah! This morning I got brave and stepped on the scale.

I'm up 10 pounds!!!!!!

I won't change my stats yet. I didn't do any rotations at all for several weeks. So, I'm sure the magic gene is not circulating in my body any more.

No regrets. Just going to make today a really great DD. I'm soooooooo ready for it!!!

Then a week of good rotations and I'll see how many of those regained pounds melt away.

I'm wearing my stretchy jeans all the time and my stretchy capris and some shorts from last summer that had extra room but don't now! In Palm Springs I wore the bathing suit that covers up a multitude of sins and there was still flab pooching out here and there. My cute bathing suit stayed in the suit case!

Thanks to Cindy for sending me a lovely PM to check up on me. I have thought of all of you every day and missed my time with the JUDD BUDDS!!

Wish me luck as I get back on plan. Gotta get this ugly 10 pounds off!

I'm going to do at least 5-6 days of low carb combined with JUDD rotations to see if I can jump start the process. I know it will work if I work it!

everyone!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
back! No luck needed. You know how to work the plan and it will all come back off soon enough.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Back YAMYAM! I have missed you! I am not on the site much like i used to be.. I did how ever celebrate my one year on JUDDD on the first of MArch. Hard to belive its been a whole year.. I know you will lose the lil you did put on once you set your mind to doing the rotations.. JUDDD seams to be forgiving even after stopping for a while.. Just consider it a "planned break" You lived, loved, ate, and just in genral enjoyed not being obsessed with the pesky number on a scale which has NEVER EVER defined us any way Love ya girl.. and so glad your back~ Much love Kimberly Ann~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Yam-Yam, sounds like you've been having a wonderful life - enjoying your family and sharing with them - worth 10 pounds if you ask me JUDDD is always here for you
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! Let's see if I remember how to interact here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
back! No luck needed. You know how to work the plan and it will all come back off soon enough.
Well, you are a big inspiration to me! I'll just follow your lead, K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Back YAMYAM! I have missed you! I am not on the site much like i used to be.. I did how ever celebrate my one year on JUDDD on the first of MArch. Hard to belive its been a whole year.. I know you will lose the lil you did put on once you set your mind to doing the rotations.. JUDDD seams to be forgiving even after stopping for a while.. Just consider it a "planned break" You lived, loved, ate, and just in genral enjoyed not being obsessed with the pesky number on a scale which has NEVER EVER defined us any way Love ya girl.. and so glad your back~ Much love Kimberly Ann~
Happy JUDDiversary, Girlie! You look awesome! Congrats on getting to goal and keeping it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Yam-Yam, sounds like you've been having a wonderful life - enjoying your family and sharing with them - worth 10 pounds if you ask me JUDDD is always here for you
Awwwwwwwe....thanks! I do love my life, my family, my DH of 40+ years. Yes, I'm enjoying all of it. I'm just askeered of letting myself go and losing all the ground I worked hard to achieve. I'm very aware that many people (myself included in past times) gain back pounds lost plus more! Lordie, palease don't let me do that to myself!

I do have a goal. That's gonna help for sure. I am going back east to see my family (brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews) the last week of April. My goal is to get rid of this 10 pound gain and then to get back under 190 to where I was before all the travel and holidays at the end of the year hit. I just started going in the wrong direction.

Then it's been a big bouncing ball.....lose 5 gain 5. And, this time, lose 5 gain 10!

I remember reading somewhere that it's important after you get your body into WLM to keep it there. That's my goal for this week.

The last time I was in serious WLM and could actually feel it in my bones was the week before Super Bowl Sunday. Then there was an all day Super Bowl party/bash and I broke the WL streak. My bad!!!

Can't wait to feel that good feeling again. I gotta remind myself every minute to get into losing mode and stay there for the long haul.

Now I know I cannot do it without the support of this forum. That's for sure.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Welcome back Yam-Yam. You were definitely missed! It sounds like you had lots of fun, and I'm sure you'll shed those pesky 10 pounds quickly. You know how!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Welcome back Yam-Yam. You were definitely missed! It sounds like you had lots of fun, and I'm sure you'll shed those pesky 10 pounds quickly. You know how!

Oooooooooooooh....I sooooooooo appreciate the vote of confidence!!! You are making me feel like I really can do it and get off the eating streak I've been on.

So far so good today. I've only had coffee and lots of water. My stomach hurts. It actually hurts. I don't think it's hunger pains. I just think it hurts because I've been eating every meal every day for weeks and my belly is shocked for being ignored right now.

It's noon and I'm asking myself if I should have some protein to get my mind off my tummy or if I should just wait and pray for the SIRT 1 gene to start flowing again. hmmmmmmm.....decisions, decisions.....
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, give your poor tummy a little protein! Sure don't want you to hurt! Then a little more later on. I'd like to know how quickly the sirts get going again after being off for 3 weeks. Faster than before, or is it like starting from scratch? I hope more research is going on to answer questions like that.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome back! Lovely to "see" you. Sounds as if you have been having a lovely time. We'll be at the CA house in 2 weeks. Hopefully you will be in the neighborhood!

Have fun getting back into the swing of JUDDD. You've done well before and can again.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Welcome back! Lovely to "see" you. Sounds as if you have been having a lovely time. We'll be at the CA house in 2 weeks. Hopefully you will be in the neighborhood!

Have fun getting back into the swing of JUDDD. You've done well before and can again.
Hi Friend!! My son and his wife just asked me if I could fly down to Burbank and watch their two boys while they take a trip. They are going to pay my airfare (DH just got promotion at work and they are celebrating!) It looks like I'll be flying away sometime on the 13th or 14th and I'm not sure yet how long I'll be there.

I just love, love, love my Gramma role! I am, after all, Gramma Yam-Yam! That's how I got my screen name! The babies could not say "Grandma" and it came out "yam-yam" and stuck!

I will be very sorry if we miss you. Especially since this year we are going to Kaui instead of our time share on Waikiki so we won't see you at Chuck's. We had some space banked weeks to use, so we booked a week in Kapaa and a week in Princeville.

I'm trying to talk my sisters into coming with us.

Anyway, keep me posted on your date and I'll keep you posted about my travels.

For sure we are planning to come to Oahu in 2014.

Quote:
Oh, give your poor tummy a little protein! Sure don't want you to hurt! Then a little more later on. I'd like to know how quickly the sirts get going again after being off for 3 weeks. Faster than before, or is it like starting from scratch? I hope more research is going on to answer questions like that.
Good advice! I found a small top round steak in the freezer, thawed it in the microwave and broiled it with a little sea salt and pepper in the toaster oven!

380 calories and a whopping 52 grams of protein. It was

I planned to have 500 calories to get me through this welcome home to JUDD Monday, so I've still got 120 left. We shall see if I really need them. It's already 7 p.m. and that steak did the trick to make my tummy feel soooooooo good.

Btw: if peeeee-ing is any indication that the SIRT1 is starting to activate, then it's happening! I have no idea if it does. Just threw that out there! There is no way I took in as much water as I put out today!!! TMI?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

I ended my DD yesterday by eating a piece of tilapia and some frozen blueberries. I slept really well!

So, 520 calories and I got the big whoosh on the scale that I expected from losing water weight. Down -4.2 pounds this morning. I don't expect it to stay off. The scale, she bounces! But it surely feels good to have a great DD in the books after so many weeks off plan.

Let the sirtuins start flowing! ......please?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Great job, Yam-Yam! That sure is motivation to keep going. You've totally got this!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Woohoo, sounds like you are back and doing fabulous already!!!

Love those grand babies calling you yam yam! Awww I am melting over here! Sooo sweet!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Now to keep telling myself every minute..."You are IN WLM! STAY HERE!!!"

It shall be my mantra. I'm going to stick to mostly lean protein again today even though it's an up day. I'm thinking that it will do my mind some good if I stay low carb for a week just to keep the water weight down and see lower numbers on the scale.

I'm going to go back and read my journal starting August 1st of 2011. I had super great success and really quick weight loss in those first days and weeks. Wouldn't it be great if I could somehow repeat that now?????
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Yay on the loss, even if water weight!

You will be fine again.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Hi Yam-Yam! Glad you are off to a great start! You know how to make this happen and I know you will do great!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Now to keep telling myself every minute..."You are IN WLM! STAY HERE!!!" It shall be my mantra.
Great mantra Yam-Yam!
You can rock this!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #18

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Yam - great to have you back. I always love hearing about your travels! I pray when my children have children I am as involved as you are....although I hope my 2 stay in town!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Great mantra Yam-Yam!
You can rock this!!
Me rockin' out this morning! Woo-Hoo! I'll tell you about the scale in a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Yam - great to have you back. I always love hearing about your travels! I pray when my children have children I am as involved as you are....although I hope my 2 stay in town!
You will love being a Gramma someday! I can assure you from experience! It's so much fun to watch my "babies" competently and lovingly raising their babies. It's an over the top experience to be sure!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Magic! Magic! Magic!

Only JUDD can do this!!!

I have 2 scales and I went from one to the other (one in each bathroom) this morning to make sure I was not seeing things!

Remember Monday morning I was up 10 pounds and whined a bit about how long it would take me to get that travel weight off and whether the sirtuins will work for me?

As of this morning I am down -7.4 from that Monday morning high! (rockin' it Flossy!)

How can this be? It's magic. JUDD magic. I am soooooo doing a happy dance.

I had such a great and wanted DD Monday. Then I wrote on another thread yesterday about how I was not hungry and stressing about the UD and whether I would see a bounce up this morning. Have to admit I did not eat up to my UD calories yesterday. But I ate plenty!

I stayed low carb with chicken for dinner, beef at lunch, non-starchy veggies, then yogurt and blueberries at bed time. Still drinking lots of water and of course, coffee with half and half (lots of that yesterday).

Again, I'm crossing my fingers about the 7.4 staying off. I'm askeered that tomorrow I'll step on the scale and it all will be back. (Although I can't remember ever going up more than 4 pounds over night).

Anyway, can't stop dancin' right now!

It is cold and rainy and windy outside. I've got my fireplace going and might download Mosley's book and read by the fire for motivation. I'm also going to hang around with all the JUDD BUDDs so hope you don't get sick of me!

I have some momentum now and that "first, decisive weight loss" Dukan talks about in his book that is so motivating.

I AM IN WLM AND NOW I NEED TO STAY THERE!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

JUDDD is magic! I'm so happy for you!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

YamYam you got this~ SO thrilled for you dear~
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
YamYam you got this~ SO thrilled for you dear~
Kimberly: Every time I look at your lovely picture or read one of your posts I am so inspired! Thank you for encouraging me and motivating me JB!!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

JUDDD is magic! I'm so happy for you!
Yes!!!!! I'm a JUDD Believer today!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah well. All good things come to an end. Looks like the happy whooshing is over. The scale was only down another -.4 this morning. So, a total of -7.8 since I dared to step on the scale Monday morning and dove back into JUDD.

I had such an awesome DD yesterday that I dared to dream it might be another 2 pounds off. That's probably impossible. All the extra water weight is probably flushed out of my body and it's time for the real fat burning to begin ---- again.

I still have that good WLM feeling this morning. The water weight probably went so fast because I stayed very low carb/ high lean protein for 3 whole days while drinking lots and lots of water.

The plan was to stay low carbing for at least five days, but this morning I'm not sure.

This is the second UD morning this week where I'm feeling bummed because I have to think about food choices. Do I stick to protein and get in my 1900 calories that way? I'm not craving any carbs so I could probably live without them for a while longer.

I was planning out a menu and have to run to the grocery store, so was thinking this would be a nice night to have that wine with DH that he wanted to get the other night but I told him not to. But then I worry about messing up my progress.

On the other hand, I do not want to do low carb JUDD over the long haul. I liked how things were working before all the holidays and travel when I was eating whatever I wanted on UDs. Gotta ease back into that WOE, I think. hmmmmm....

I'm paying for my "sins" of going over the top and practicing a see-food diet for so long (when I see food I eat it).

I absolutely feel like I could not bear getting on the scale tomorrow morning and see it bouncing back up. Maybe I should just eat 1900 calories, as planned per my menu, with the 2 glasses of white wine tonight and not weigh tomorrow. Then have an awesome DD tomorrow and weigh the next morning.

Hey! This thinking things out through my fingers on the keyboard really helps!! A plan has been formulated!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #26

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yay Yam Yam! A plan has need been formulated, WTG lady.

So happy to see you back and I am thrilled with your success this week. Glad my PM was welcome too.

Enjoy that wine with DH.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Remember Yamyam to relax and enjoy this journey.. Remember back when we all talked to newbies and posted how this is NOT a Race.. And all the lovely turtles we have here on this JUDDD board.. Lets take this chapter in your life and recall the good times you have had.. and love who you are right now.. at this weight.. at this moment .. Life is your party.. like that awsome photo you had of you in that lil dress with those long legs of yours .. Thats how i remember you.. with that photo.. full of life and love,.. Thats who YamYAm is..not the number on your scale the morning after.. I love ya Girl..So happy to see you back here. Miss you and your zest for life~
Old 03-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Remember Yamyam to relax and enjoy this journey.. Remember back when we all talked to newbies and posted how this is NOT a Race.. And all the lovely turtles we have here on this JUDDD board.. Lets take this chapter in your life and recall the good times you have had.. and love who you are right now.. at this weight.. at this moment .. Life is your party.. like that awsome photo you had of you in that lil dress with those long legs of yours .. Thats how i remember you.. with that photo.. full of life and love,.. Thats who YamYAm is..not the number on your scale the morning after.. I love ya Girl..So happy to see you back here. Miss you and your zest for life~
Wow! Kimberly, you just have a way with words, Darlin'!! I love ya! Now who would not read one of your posts and not feel on top of the world! I feel on top of the world for sure! Thanks for giving me your time and your lovely uplifting words!

Cindy: We are all here to encourage each other. I always appreciate how you constantly encourage everyone. Me especially!

Seabreezes: Thanks for the fun phone call today! What a nice surprise. I'm just as chatty in person as I am through my fingers, huh? Let's make it work out to see each other again in a few weeks. Won't that be fun? Congrats on doing so well with your weight, taking it off and maintaining! You rock!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-07-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, it was great to chat today and we did chat for a while!

Keep your great attitude going and you will be fine.

Definitely hope we can see each other in the next few weeks.

Hugs