Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   FIRST DD! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798695-first-dd.html)

kellysue24 03-04-2013 08:26 AM

FIRST DD!

It's 9:30 am, it's going to be a long day ;)

Discouraged this morning to see the 3 pound gain after our UD. My husband still lost a pound. Jerk. I know it's all water, but still.

Planned the day out well I hope. I have a meeting tonight that's always at a restaurant, that's going to suck, but I'll eat my 500 calories before I go at once so I won't feel deprived.

hot-in-texas 03-04-2013 08:35 AM

Hey kelly sue! Have a good DD. Sometimes you can get a green salad and lo cal dressing when you go to a restaurant, so at least you will be eating something. You will do good! Congratulations on getting started!

LoCarbGal 03-04-2013 08:39 AM

You can do this KellySue! Just remember when you start to waver "I can eat tomorrow!" It's so totally worth it!

kellysue24 03-04-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16294590)
You can do this KellySue! Just remember when you start to waver "I can eat tomorrow!" It's so totally worth it!

Such a powerful thing to think about :)

tekla 03-04-2013 08:58 AM

Hang tough! The first few DD's can be tough but they get better. You can do it :D

Luv2Eat 03-04-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysue24 (Post 16294640)
Such a powerful thing to think about :)

:heart: Yes, this is what makes JUDDD easy to follow! Even better when the scale moves (bounces) in the right direction.

Yeah, my husband skips a meal and loses 5 pounds - takes me a month of obedient rotations to do that :annoyed: Oh well, we have to work with what we have - come here when you need it - and your JUDDD sisters will commiserate with you :console:

Congratulations on your First DD! :up:

BobApjok 03-04-2013 10:40 AM

what locarbgirl said is exactly what got me through the beginning. TOMORROW. it really does work to motivate. Also, remember, the DD will get easier. the first one was hard, the 2nd still tough, but now it's really not all that bad. yea, you feel hungry, but it's not overwhelming and if you can just go to bed at night, it's a bright new shiny day in the morning.

sorenkkg 03-04-2013 10:54 AM

Adding my support. I usually save my calories for the event, and then you can generally find a decent meal for 500 cals, or even 600 (check your calculator numbers for 25%, 30%, even 35%... that gives you a DD range so you don't feel like you "blew it" and go nuts).

There is always tomorrow is VERY powerful. Sometimes, you do eat all the things you craved on your UD... and sometimes, the miracle of sleep just washes them all away and you wake up not even hungry (more times than not, I bet).

Best of luck at the meeting today-- and honestly, for the first little while, only weigh after down days. That's my advice ;)
S.

kellysue24 03-04-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16294954)
Adding my support. I usually save my calories for the event, and then you can generally find a decent meal for 500 cals, or even 600 (check your calculator numbers for 25%, 30%, even 35%... that gives you a DD range so you don't feel like you "blew it" and go nuts).

There is always tomorrow is VERY powerful. Sometimes, you do eat all the things you craved on your UD... and sometimes, the miracle of sleep just washes them all away and you wake up not even hungry (more times than not, I bet).

Best of luck at the meeting today-- and honestly, for the first little while, only weigh after down days. That's my advice ;)
S.

I am having hubby hide the scale this week. I want one week of this WOE with no weighing. Then if I see a lose in week, I know I can stick with it :)

JMBM 03-04-2013 12:08 PM

Keep it up Kellysue!:up: I tend not to weigh after up days and only weigh on mornings after down days. That's just what works for me. So far it's been lower each time.;)