Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What would you do? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798650-what-would-you-do.html)

Mamatomany 03-03-2013 06:24 PM

What would you do?

I went thru my two week induction and decided to do dd on m,w,and f. Obviously Saturday would be a up as normal but how would you handle Sunday as far as calories go? My dd is 552 and my up day is 2700? Thank you for your time. :)

jaymar 03-03-2013 06:34 PM

Hi Mamatomany, some of the experienced people on here can give you a better answer than I can, but as far as I know, most on here do alternate day fasting..which is dd ud dd ud in rotation...some of the ladies here have lost so much weight...Dawn, Carly, LCG, and many others..I believe they alternate and do the two day rotations over and over..also, you can go to the Dr Johnson website and read about it,..if you want to have two ud's together I'm sure you can, I just don't have any info about long term success with that way.

Kimmietoo 03-03-2013 06:41 PM

Mama, check out the 5/2 March chat come on in area here under the JUDDD subcategory; it should be pretty high on the post list ...there are some ways to taylor JUDDD to calorically work outside of the standard UD DD UD DD rotation that are being discussed and tried. You should find some good advice there.
Best of luck!

Kimmie

adillenal 03-03-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatomany (Post 16293523)
I went thru my two week induction and decided to do dd on m,w,and f. Obviously Saturday would be a up as normal but how would you handle Sunday as far as calories go? My dd is 552 and my up day is 2700? Thank you for your time. :)

In the book Dr. J says that some people like to do set DD's and that is fine. I did not do it but others have. I loaned my book but I think either two UD's or a MD and an UD were also fine.

I much prefer EOD but the plan works either way according to the book.

sunday 03-03-2013 07:10 PM

Agree with Adi. I did EOD for the first 11 months. I think you should start with what feels best to your lifestyle and if you don't see results then move to strict rotations.

Yennie 03-03-2013 07:22 PM

I also do strict EOD but I believe I've read of others who do 2 UDs in a row, or an UD and a MD.

Flossyliz 03-04-2013 04:10 AM

Can I make a suggestion about MDs?
It's best not to do a MD before a DD, as it can make for a very hungry DD!
If you want to include an MD at the weekend, it should be on the Saturday, so Sat, Sun, Mon = MD, UD, DD.
A MD for you would be 1626cals.

Mamatomany 03-04-2013 04:21 AM

I'm sorry..but what is EOD again?

Flossyliz 03-04-2013 04:33 AM

EOD = Every Other Day
We speak our own language here! :lol:

gotsomeold 03-04-2013 05:16 AM

Experiment, experiment, experiment!

MD is (DD cals + UD cals) / 2 (or, I think 60% maintenance on Dr J's website).

Many people are very comfortable and lose successfully having two UDs in a row each week.

Personally, to lose I had to do the EOD thing...even MD cals stalled me. BUT that is me. You may be very, very different and having Sunday be a MD or another UD may work just great for you.

When in doubt, embrace the freedom JUDDD gives us and experiment.

Carly 03-04-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatomany (Post 16293523)

Wow 2700!!!!! That is really high. Have you been losing with that number?

Whitlin' 03-04-2013 06:46 AM

A medium day is just a helpful reset of average calories that will let you begin the alternations of high and low calories according to the calendar, if desired. Because it is an average, it neither adds too many extra calories to overcome, nor restricts calories uncomfortably. Simply add your calculated UD and DD calories, divide by 2, and there you are.

Do check out FlossyLiz' suggestion

I've always done MWF DDs since a 2-week start in 2009, then had a moment when I "started" again in 2012, in a way, after some hard times, and went right back to MWF after those 2 weeks.

I've always had a MD on one of the weekend days. It used to be Sunday more often, but chats here last year convinced me that Saturday really would make more sense, so that the Monday DD would have the best preparation for success, with an UD right before it. However, there's no reason to obsess. As long as you exit your weekend with approximately the calories you intended it to contain, you have done well. Don't beat yourself up about it. One of the reasons for going by the calendar is to be able to handle all the other aspects of life well without stressing about food.

It's all good.

krow134 03-04-2013 07:00 AM

I have set Mondays, Wednesday s, and Fridays as DD. I do the rest UD s, except Saturdays where I don't eat breakfast or lunch only dinner. I do well with this. But it's an awesome plan to where you experiment as to what works for you! My year on JUDDD I have found also when TOM rears its ugly head. That day is a free day for me. Less guilt over the eating frenzy I will be in anyways. At least it's a bright spot to it lol! I don't know why but when TOM is here I crave doughnuts like no one's business, last month I ate 6 doughnut and had no guilt cause it was my free day!

Mamatomany 03-04-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16294070)
Wow 2700!!!!! That is really high. Have you been losing with that number?

I got those numbers based on the dr. J website using moderate exercise? I just plugged in no exercise and I got 442 and 2100. I'm not struggling with my weight really just wanting the health benefits of ads. I'm active..homeschool mom of 8 and manage our farm of dairy animals. So not a seditary lifestyle - not by choice but necessity! :sing:

KeirasMom 03-04-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymar (Post 16293546)
Hi Mamatomany, some of the experienced people on here can give you a better answer than I can, but as far as I know, most on here do alternate day fasting..which is dd ud dd ud in rotation...some of the ladies here have lost so much weight...Dawn, Carly, LCG, and many others..I believe they alternate and do the two day rotations over and over..also, you can go to the Dr Johnson website and read about it,..if you want to have two ud's together I'm sure you can, I just don't have any info about long term success with that way.

I did alternate EOD when I was losing. I'm doing 5:2 in maintenance, but I really liked the up/down/up/down rotation during WLM. The only way you'll know for sure if you can lose with set DDs is to try it and see. If you don't lose as well as you'd like, you can always go to a more strict rotation. In the beginning, I worried about the weekend DDs, but honestly, they ended up not being any harder for me than a workday DD.

ETA: You posted as I was composing my response. I see that you're not trying to lose weight. I'd say two UDs on the weekend would be fine in that case, or you could look at 5:2 which seems to give comparable health benefits with fewer DDs and you can schedule them when you want them. I do Tuesday/Friday DDs, but lots of 5:2ers do Monday/Thursday DDs.