Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Sunday - whatcha eatin? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798621-ud-sunday-whatcha-eatin.html)

sorenkkg 03-03-2013 10:57 AM

UD Sunday - whatcha eatin?

Happy to get my eating ya-ya's out today, but counting calories (or trying :rolleyes: ) and going to keep it in check.

B: 1/2 my cauliflower crust pizza from Friday.
5 smallish cinnamon rolls (using a pizza dough recipe)

L: not sure, might involve popcorn and a nap.

D: roast chicken! My DH isn't a huge fan, but I manage to sneak one in now and then ;) I'm going to use a stand up roaster, first time trying it (just a little metal thing that serves in place of a beer can I think :laugh: ).

I have just under 2200 to play with, so will make the most and post later.
S.

Kissa 03-03-2013 11:04 AM

Lovely bacon bap only 350 cals, and a soya flat white while in town.

Tonight is a gammon with sweet potato and something green from the freezer. And perhaps a little wine.

jaymar 03-03-2013 01:18 PM

Hey Cindy, what's gammon?..I don't know much about international dishes..and Im always curious...
today I started it off right with a ribeye biscuit and bone broth.. lunch was a good sized bowl of chilli for about 400 cals....dinner is undecided yet..
Soren, you're going to roast your chicken standing up..I'll have to try that sometime....we have to be creative sometimes, don't we?..:dunno: I need more veggies in my diet..maybe I'll add some to dinner.

hot-in-texas 03-03-2013 02:13 PM

Breakfast-paleo banana bread-275
Lunch-spinach, chicken, apple salad with hot Cajun shrimp on top-400
Snack-paleo banana bread-275
Dinner will be chili about 400
Probably yogurt and honey for dessert

Kissa 03-03-2013 02:25 PM

Hi Jaymar, Gammon is another word for a ham. I love all the e things we learn from each other here. I love these little exchanges.

I chose broad beans as our vegetable. I love them, are they popular in the States?

TryingJudd 03-03-2013 02:28 PM

B - none
L- one small piece of fried chicken and 3 donuts
D - beef and cheese nachos (homemade) with lots of lettuce and avocado and salsa

Flutter 03-03-2013 03:18 PM

B: coffee w/ sf creamer
L: 1 roll, 6 medium boiled shrimp, 2 cc cookies
D: steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus w/ cheese sauce, piece of italian bread
D: strawberry shortcake

KeirasMom 03-03-2013 04:01 PM

B: Jet Fuel coffee, banana
S: India spice chai
L: Stuffed French toast with syrup
D: Not many calories left, so Wendy's chili and cornbread
Wine: Well you know I budgeted my dinner around my wine!

Demonica 03-03-2013 04:15 PM

B- bacon, eggs scrambled with green peppers, HWC, and cheese. Coffee with CO and HWC
L- cheeseburger sans bun, salad with peppers, celery and blue cheese dressing
S- tuna salad, almonds, jello with HWC, celery

sorenkkg 03-03-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16293180)
Wine: Well you know I budgeted my dinner around my wine!

duh! :doh: of course! geez, what kind of person do you think we think you are?
:hyst:

My day has been budgeted around homemade cinnamon rolls :o I've had 6 so far :)

the other main contributor will be the roast chicken, which I very well could eat 1/2 of (about 700 cals)... the buns are about 800...

My pie chart for today's food (yummmm... .pie....:yummy: ) is like 1/2 carbs and 1/2 fat or something, :rofl:

And I can't stop saying "chicky chicky chicky" in a Swedish Chef voice! :hyst::hyst::hyst:

jaymar 03-03-2013 06:40 PM

Sounds like you've had a great day, Soren...not sure if I should tell you this little baking secret,,But...did you know you can use frozen bread dough and make some terrific cinnamon rolls?..don't want to lead you toward temptation..but on an ud, i have been known to thaw the dough, roll it out, then cover it with the good stuff..then slice and bake..:hyst:..and there's probably not THAT many calories in it...but it's good..made them on Christmas.
Cindy...broadbeans..not sure if they would be our green beans or are the Italian beans..but we do eat a lot of those here in the states...you also have something called Chutney that is very good..you guys must have beat the spanish to their salsa..except , I think chutney can be sweet can't it?..like made with apples or pears?...oh..now I want chutney and crisps...hey..we can't call chips , crisps. over here cause we can't say the word :hyst:.,.crisps..see that's harder than it looks ...and especially after a few glasses of wine..let's see if Dawn can say it three times...crisps..crisps..crisps..

KeirasMom 03-03-2013 07:21 PM

Crisps, crisps, crisps. There! No wine yet though, as it's only 6:20 p.m. :rofl:

I believe chutneys come from Indian cuisine, though I could be wrong. That's just usually where I see them. They can be sweet, salty, spicy, or any combination. I love mango chutney and salty pickle chutney (not sure what that one's called, but it's super salty and somewhat spicy).

Low Carb Librarian 03-03-2013 07:39 PM

Had coffee for breakfast before I got my boys ready for church.
We have a new pastor so we had a huge cake to welcome him. I didn't have a piece, but I did pick at what my son left behind. Tasty... Don't know how many calories..

Had a grande green tea latte

Had granola and plain Fage when we got home from chuch/store/park/store day.

Haven't been good at counting today, but I may have a little something and then call I quits for the day.

sorenkkg 03-03-2013 10:07 PM

I actually make my cinnamon rolls from frozen pizza dough, jaymar! Great minds... ;)

Lcl, sounds like it was a nice day!

I bought pickled beans the other day... Some with garlic, some spicy. 3are 10 cals. Yum!

KeirasMom 03-04-2013 07:19 AM

Okay, so I said crisps 3 times and then fell into a back of wasabi rice crackers. Is that something like Beetlejuice? I went over my calories by 300!

I made cinnamon rolls (the kind from the tube) on my George Foreman grill, sort of like waffles, last weekend. They were so easy and yummy!

sorenkkg 03-04-2013 11:48 AM

1) It can be said that I fell into the tray of cinnamon rolls... like I said, at least, they're all gone now! :p

2) I went over my calories yesterday too... sometimes, bad calorie things happen to good people like us. :dunno: ;)

3) OMG cinnamon buns on the grill/waffle maker? that's insane and amazing. Do they puff up? I can't even imagine this! but I love it! Not that I'm eating them again anytime soon ;)

KeirasMom 03-04-2013 12:12 PM

That was supposed to be a *bag* of chips, not *back!*

The cinnamon rolls puffed up a bit, but not really doughy puffy if that makes sense. They came out pretty much like waffles but all cinnamon-y and then we put the icing on top. They were really good and so super easy. I messed around until I got them the way I like. My GF grill has temperature settings. I used the jumbo rolls. I flattened them a bit between wax paper and 2 fit on my grill at a time. I set the temperature for 400* F and cooked for 2 minutes and they were perfect.