Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Did Atkins/LC for years. Had some weight loss, but the problem was I never found that "full feeling" from eating protein/fat like so many others do so I would just be hungry all the time. I can eat a small bowl of oatmeal and stay for hours without eating again because I'm just not hungry but give me some bacon and eggs (especially eggs!) and I'm eating all day long!

I looked into the Leptin Reset and eating a big breakfast of all that protein would be setting myself up for a eating frenzy all day long! I even have a thread on the main lobby about how if I eat eggs I'm starving all day!

I'm just chillin' right now, taking a break but thanks for the many suggestions!
Interesting about the eggs. They also don't fill me at all. I either have to have them with some meat or have AT LEAST 3 eggs with fat to feel satisfied.

You might feel different if you eat meat for breakfast and just skip the eggs. Maybe you should give it a try, just a thought.... This would not work, though, you are not a morning eater.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Today is my one week doing 5/2 and lost 3.75#!

I averaged 1600 on my UD and 552 on my DD.

According to JUDDD I should have 1528 on my UD and 535 on my DD. So I can see I did go a bit over but not by much!

I am thrilled with 5/2! Hope I continue to like it! I find it much easier then just plan ol JUDDD as I do not find myself eating way, way over on my UD to make up for what I cannot eat on my DD

Good Luck To Each And Everyone Here!
Woo Hoo!!!! Well done!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
Today is my one week anniversary on 5:2 also. I'm down 5 Pounds.! 215.5 down to 210.5 I think some of this is water water as I took myself off of daily Prilosec (that's a whole other story). I'm very happy with this plan so far. I love that I don't have to worry about the EOD rotations. Mondays and Thursdays are my fasting days.
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #154
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironicwoman View Post
Today is my one week anniversary on 5:2 also. I'm down 5 Pounds.! 215.5 down to 210.5 I think some of this is water water as I took myself off of daily Prilosec (that's a whole other story). I'm very happy with this plan so far. I love that I don't have to worry about the EOD rotations. Mondays and Thursdays are my fasting days.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironicwoman View Post
That's great!! Are you keeping your fasting days to the 500 calories?

I .. um, weigh in .. tomorrow and decide about 5:2. It's only been a week, but I'm not hopeful. I seem to be stuck gaining/losing the same 4 lbs.

I maybe have to regroup and get back to making JUDDD work for me like it has started to in the past. I want to do what Shari did, which is 4:3.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #156
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Wanted to say to everyone who are the "losers" on 5:2! It's really nice to see this plan is working for you guys and I'm keeping in touch to root you all on!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Linda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Linda, I'm so sorry you're struggling so!

I think your strategy of relaxing and getting your bearings is a good one. And I sure hope you'll find the eating plan that works for you. Please don't disappear from here altogether though. We would miss you too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Beeb How about a Paul McKenna approach? His 4 golden rules maybe? It's tough but I think it helps to only focus on one day at a time.

That is the way I eventually want to be able to eat. Unfortuntely I feel like I need to get some pounds off right now so I'm doing 4:3 and trying to focus on not binging on my UD's like I started to do before (in fear of being too hungry on my DD's). I know I still eat a little too much on my UD's so I need to work on that but it hasn't been like before, which is good.

I don't think the PM plan is the quickest weight loss but if you want to just focus on getting your eating more under control it might be a good way.

Just a thought. Good luck to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
I found Brain Over Binge to be a good book. I don't feel like my binging comes from an emotional state (such as something bad in my life) but more of a "I just want to eat!" & "the food tastes so good!" state. I think Brain Over Binge deals more with that type of binging. Might be worth checking out. (In fact, I should read it again.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Interesting about the eggs. They also don't fill me at all. I either have to have them with some meat or have AT LEAST 3 eggs with fat to feel satisfied.

You might feel different if you eat meat for breakfast and just skip the eggs. Maybe you should give it a try, just a thought.... This would not work, though, you are not a morning eater.
THANKS EVERYONE! You guys are the BEST!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
Yes, that's my plan. 500 or less on Monday and Thursday. Not counting the other days, I haven't had too much of an appetite. I eat until satisfied. I'm off of here for the weekend. I'll check back in on Monday! Have a great weekend everyone!
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Did Atkins/LC for years. Had some weight loss, but the problem was I never found that "full feeling" from eating protein/fat like so many others do so I would just be hungry all the time. I can eat a small bowl of oatmeal and stay for hours without eating again because I'm just not hungry but give me some bacon and eggs (especially eggs!) and I'm eating all day long!

I looked into the Leptin Reset and eating a big breakfast of all that protein would be setting myself up for a eating frenzy all day long! I even have a thread on the main lobby about how if I eat eggs I'm starving all day!

I'm just chillin' right now, taking a break but thanks for the many suggestions!
This may sound unconventional, but I did this due to sleepwalk eating. Don't keep anything in the house that you could over eat. Since in my sleep I eat anything, we kept almost nothing at home. We went to the grocery store almost daily. If you just have food for that day in the house maybe you won't over eat. Start off by buying 1 roll and 1 yogurt and 1 lean cusine (or what ever you want for the day). We still keep very little in the house and this way I don't have much I can eat when I sleep walk. There is always stuff in the freezer, but I can't chow on frozen beef in my sleep so that has been safe. It depends how bad you want to change this around, but I was desparate personally and DW agreed to empty the house. We did it from Feb 2012 until the hurricane in October. We still keep things to a minimum, but my sleepwalk eating is way, way, better. Maybe enough time away from food choices in the house will reset your binging tendencies.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
to everyone who has lost on 5:2.

So sorry Linda that this way of eating was not for you. However, it is good that you have identified why and as said we all have different bodies and needs and we have to find our own plan that suits us.

I.ve just completed two weeks now on 4:3 and have put on 2.2lbs....so not so happy about that. Obviously, our bodies will fluctuate a couple of pounds either way but like others on here I just seem to putting on and taking off the same 2lbs. Feels like when you go fishing and you keep catching the same fish that you threw back 10 minutes previously lol.

I will do for another week but if that 2.2 hasn't shifted I think its back to Atkins or JUDDD alternate for me. I think I am finding on the 2nd UD...that my body is actually saying this should be a DD...so maybe my body is telling me.

Hope that you are all having a lovely weekend. It's mothers Day here in the UK tomorrow and this is the first Mother's Day that I have had without my Mum and can enjoy Mother's Day for me instead of worrying about my Mum....however both my children are absent and away working...so I don't have any children for Mother's day lol. Hey hey every day is Mothers Day anyway and its a big money making scam anyway. So Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums celebrating.
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Happy Mother's Day Lola! I'm so sorry about your loss of your own mum.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I am thrilled with 5/2! Hope I continue to like it! I find it much easier then just plan ol JUDDD as I do not find myself eating way, way over on my UD to make up for what I cannot eat on my DD
5/2 is tremendously popular in the UK and I know more than 10 food writers or science writers who are following that way of eating and are reporting remarkable losses. (One of the men lost 30lbs between August and late January and he wasn't *that* large to begin with but he wanted a lower BMI because he's of SE Asian origin and research indicates that BMI should be lower for that demographic when looking at diabetes or obesity-related conditions.)

I hope you continue to like 5/2.

Commiserations to people who are finding 5/2 difficult and to the people for whom it's a convenient way of eating.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #163
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We can call it by its old (correct) name here Lola, Mothering SUnday, then it doesn't seem so bad being without them. I'll have DD1 here with me next weekend for some spoiling.

I too am a little higher in weight than I would wish. As it changes every day I can't call it a true gain and I have seen some nice lows.

I am throwing in an extra DD toady.

Sorry you don't feel this is for you Linda, I am sure things will get better for you if you give yourself some time out. I do quite like Carly's suggestion, it may sound extreme but I am sure you DH would approve.

I do think this takes more time to grow into than straight JUDDD. Patience is the ke I believe.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

I have only lost about a lb this month, but this is only my 3rd DD this month also. I have to keep that in mind too. I'll be looking forward to WI tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
We can call it by its old (correct) name here Lola, Mothering SUnday, then it doesn't seem so bad being without them. I'll have DD1 here with me next weekend for some spoiling.

I too am a little higher in weight than I would wish. As it changes every day I can't call it a true gain and I have seen some nice lows.

I am throwing in an extra DD toady.

Sorry you don't feel this is for you Linda, I am sure things will get better for you if you give yourself some time out. I do quite like Carly's suggestion, it may sound extreme but I am sure you DH would approve.

I do think this takes more time to grow into than straight JUDDD. Patience is the ke I believe.
I can't agree with you here, my friend. I have found ANY IF WOE is causing me to binge; JUDDD, 8 Hour Diet, CAD, and now 5:2 and it doesn't matter how long I am patient and wait to see what happens. It's the need to eat only this many calories today or only eat at this time or only eat this kind of stuff 2 times a day, etc, and then having these days before this or the time I can eat regular become a binging day/time for me. I have been reading since last fall about binging behaviors and lots of things point to NOT doing IF type of diets or restrictive type of diets because it can cause binging. Yup, it sure does in me!!

Yesterday I decided I needed to relax and eat the way I use to eat "back in the day" when I was thin without dieting. I ate what I wanted, often throughout the day, but just small portions OR I didn't eat at all until I have truly hungry. I stopped when I was feeling a tad full. I ate all day long yesterday, probably every 2+ hours, little bits/small portions and I didn't stress about today being a DD or UD or counting calories or the worry that I didn't eat enough/was eating too much or ate outside a window or I ate LC or HCarb and anything else.

I was down today by 1.2 pounds. Water? Maybe but it's a loss and I'm learning AGAIN to listen to Linda's hunger triggers and stop/start buttons and finding much less stress than I have had in many, many months.

For 45 years I was thin because for 45 years I only ate when I was truly hungry, and stopped eating before I got even a little bit more than full and I ate often throughout the day, even up to bedtime. I never had to diet. And yes, I'm older but the only thing that has changed is the when I eat and how much I eat now. Going back to "listening to Linda" is the key for me at the moment. I KNOW how to do this, no guess work about anything related to how I should eat or what to eat or when to eat or what not to eat, etc.

I'm feeling better today knowing I have a plan, and a plan that was second nature and kinda got lost. It will come back, like riding that bike, again and I need to trust my instincts that have been telling me THIS is the way to go right now.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions, wonderful advice and caring! You all are the best!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-09-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Linda - your diet has a name. It is called Naturally Thin. Eat when you are hungry is the main idea in the plan. There is a newer one with the same name by Frankel but there was a prior Naturally Thin plan that has been around a long time.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Linda: Sounds like a plan..obviously the best way for you. Hopefully you will see a downward trend.

Kissa: Oh yes correct name is Mothering Sunday lol.

LowCarbGal: Thank you that is so sweet but I am OK with it all. My Mum was quite ill towards the end and she needed to be with my Dad. It was a fantastic spiritual lift for us because she died on exactly the same day and month as my Dad had done 19 years earlier. Something she wanted...so what's the chances of that aye? 365 days to pick and she picked the same day as him. I expect Linda would be able to throw some spiritual light on that. But for us it gave us great comfort that she was either waiting for that day or my Dad came for her.

Anyway sorry off track and wandering DOH.....Had lovely bouquet of flowers and perfume sent via DH for my Mother's Day. And I was able to speak to my son face time last night as he is working down in Pakistan...what a marvellous invention face time is. Daughter home on Wednesday for a few days YAY...!!

We have little snow here but not sure it will be much. I.m cooking up a huge carrott and coriander soup DD for me today.

Wooh hoo for a clean start next week again x

Last edited by lola5k; 03-10-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
I am doing 5/2 as well (some weeks better than others). I'm using it for maintenance as opposed to weight loss. Love it!!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I CANNOT WAIT TO GET TO MAINTENANCE!! THE LOSING PART IS HARD RIGHT NOW!!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

I can attest that it works very well for maintenance. Unfortunately, I have 50+ lbs to go!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I can attest that it works very well for maintenance. Unfortunately, I have 50+ lbs to go!
It will get you there. It's all about your caloric intake at the end of the week.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Hmmmm I think maintenance is harder than the losing.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #173

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Should we continue on this thread, or start a new one for the week?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
New one.
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Here it is I think??

5/2 with Juddding - March 10 - 16, who is still with me?

Last edited by leonak; 03-10-2013 at 11:21 AM..
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

This link doesn't seem to be working....or is it only me?
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #177

Me too, I found it though so I'll try again.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #178

5/2 with Juddding - March 10 - 16, who is still with me?
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Cindy - how did you do that?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #180

I highlighted the whole of the address bar, then copied it and posted it on here. I use a Mac, so for me that is "cmd C" and "cmd V".