Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Adi, is yours by the same author as mine?
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
OMG Vanilla and Beeb - say it ain't so! How can a diet with controlled calories make you gain??? I am not losing yet on 5:2 but also not gaining. If that starts I will be stopping immediately. Wishing you best of luck and better results soon!
It is so. I weighed the same today. Today is a DD, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I'm worried too Linda and Nilla! I really like the ease of this WOE, so I hope it will be worth our while. I have only lost 2 lbs a month on JUDDD since the first month, so if I can at least lose that much I will stick to it.
Me, too. I adore JUDDD (and 5:2) for the simplicity. But if it doesn't work ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Small gain for me today after my second, very controlled UD (1425 cals and 1501 cals) but not enough to really count as anything but rounding. If I don't start seeing some drops soon I will be switching back to JUDDD and going LC JUDDD. As much as I would hate to give up my lovely carbs the point of a diet is to lose weight, right? Not to starve yourself and deny yourself and then come onto an online community and complain you aren't losing anything. Just checking, sigh.
Girl, you may not be eating enough on those UDs!! What are your JUDDD numbers?

Ok, so I've been trying to think about my DDs. I've been wanting to get down to having just liquid fasts. But, last year, in addition to upping my UD cals, I remember having DDs of 500 and even a little over. Maybe in addition to making sure I get my UD cals in, I need to have those 500 DDs. So, if 5:2 doesn't give me an okay scale number, I might just stick to JUDDD and do what I was doing then.

I forgot who asked about the daily weigh-ins, but I do weigh daily. I've tried doing weekly, but if I weigh the same, it makes me crazy to wonder IF I did bounce and hit a new low even if temporarily. But, I admit that the bounce drives me INSANE!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Beeb, Sorry you are still struggling. Have you ever heard of the free podcasts for IOWL?

Inside Out Weight Loss: Aligning Mind Body and Spirit for Lasting Change, by Renee Stephens author of "Full-Filled"

For more info. on IOWL google search the following:
Free podcasts personal life media inside-out-weight-loss
(The podcasts are also free through itunes)
Her website can be found with search: Renee Method

Renee specializes in turning around the eating and diet habits of those most resistant to change, including yo-yo dieters, binge eaters, and bulimics, with whom she has an astonishing 75% success rate.

"Prologue: In this episode, learn how to make the most out of the free Inside Out Weight Loss program. Learn why Inside Out Weight Loss is the difference that will make the difference in your quest to become a slimmer, fitter you. Inside Out Weight Loss isn't about dropping a few pounds for swimsuit season, or the class reunion. It's about much more than that. It's about letting go of the struggle, of the negative body image, of the self-criticism, and learning how to bring joy and ease to your weight loss journey, and to release you to the rest of your life."

Peace be with you ~
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
All I know is that this is the first diet, well 5:2 and JUDDD that I have *ever* stuck with for more than a few weeks. I'm getting compliments all the time on my appearance, even though I am only down 22 lbs, but I'm loving the confidence I feel and the *conviction* that I WILL lose the weight. Whether it takes me a year or more, I will stick with it. If 5:2 doesn't work like I think it will, take me back JUDDD!!!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
We married wise men
Yes, and mine is quick to tell me so!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
Beeb, Sorry you are still struggling. Have you ever heard of the free podcasts for IOWL?

Inside Out Weight Loss: Aligning Mind Body and Spirit for Lasting Change, by Renee Stephens author of "Full-Filled"

For more info. on IOWL google search the following:
Free podcasts personal life media inside-out-weight-loss
(The podcasts are also free through itunes)
Her website can be found with search: Renee Method

Renee specializes in turning around the eating and diet habits of those most resistant to change, including yo-yo dieters, binge eaters, and bulimics, with whom she has an astonishing 75% success rate.

"Prologue: In this episode, learn how to make the most out of the free Inside Out Weight Loss program. Learn why Inside Out Weight Loss is the difference that will make the difference in your quest to become a slimmer, fitter you. Inside Out Weight Loss isn't about dropping a few pounds for swimsuit season, or the class reunion. It's about much more than that. It's about letting go of the struggle, of the negative body image, of the self-criticism, and learning how to bring joy and ease to your weight loss journey, and to release you to the rest of your life."

Peace be with you ~

Thank you, Nana, for the great links. I look forward to checking them out. It seems we all have head re-training to do as part and parcel of the process.

Best wishes to all!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #127
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Yes, and mine is quick to tell me so!!!

Ok, just finished Thin For Life. One chapter did advocate a low fat woe. But the author did this based on surveys from people who have.sucessfully maintained their weight loss. I know that kind of thinking is heresy on a lc forum, but I do think there may be some merit to her conclusions. And by low fat she actually means a moderate amount, in the 20-40% range.

The book was written in the 90s so some of it is a bit outdated, but most of it is 'timeless' because it follows people who have not only succesfully lost weight, but they've kept it off for many years. Two quotes that really stood out to me were "90% of weight loss and maintenance is mental" and "you have to keep practicing good habits, or you lose the skill" (in reference to transitioning from weight loss mode to maintenance). A good book!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009

Thanks for the review, Sara!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #129
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post

Thanks for the review, Sara!
I agree thanks!! And the low fat advice could be from the low cal standpoint. So not so far off the mark! Sounds good to me.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Adi, is yours by the same author as mine?
Yes. That is the actual diet plan for Lean for Life. The second book is "Staying Lean for Life", an innovative 8-week program of winning strategies for lifetime weight maintenance. Each day you read a few pags as well as continue to keep your daily action plan which is diet, exercise, etc.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post

Ok, just finished Thin For Life. One chapter did advocate a low fat woe. But the author did this based on surveys from people who have.sucessfully maintained their weight loss. I know that kind of thinking is heresy on a lc forum, but I do think there may be some merit to her conclusions. And by low fat she actually means a moderate amount, in the 20-40% range.

The book was written in the 90s so some of it is a bit outdated, but most of it is 'timeless' because it follows people who have not only succesfully lost weight, but they've kept it off for many years. Two quotes that really stood out to me were "90% of weight loss and maintenance is mental" and "you have to keep practicing good habits, or you lose the skill" (in reference to transitioning from weight loss mode to maintenance). A good book!
I did the low fat thing in the 90s and it does work, but we know fat is not the enemy we once thought now. I agree with the mental aspect. It is at least 90%! There are lots of intelligent folks out there who would like to lose weight, and know there are ways to do it, but they haven't "gotten there yet" mentally. I was in that predicament for over 10 years and had fantasies of magically losing weight somehow even though I knew it would take everything in me. I'm there now and I'm determined.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Morning everyone. I think that this has been a great thread and everyone seems to have reacted to 5:2 so differently which has been interesting.

For those of you struggling and abandoning ship back in favour of full blown JUDDD...I commend your courage to try this way of eating. Cos I know for some of us, me included bringing in more UD's was scary. I.ve kinda gone midway and am having 4UD 3DD. However, I will admit that I am finding after 2 UD's its quite difficult to get back onto the DD. Like you Linda I was seeing the same 2lbs coming off and going on again so this is why I tried 4:3. In two weeks I haven't lost any but haven't bounced up at all so that is encouraging. I will give it a couple more weeks or if I see weight going up I will be straight back on JUDDD.

Rushing to work...have a good one
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

I hesitate to say it isn't working for me, but I didn't get the loss I'd hoped for after a 2nd DD...doing another DD Sat. and then probably will go back to adf on Monday. Arrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh If it seems too good to be true...

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-08-2013 at 04:29 AM..
Old 03-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Miss Cindy...I can sure identify with what you are saying..I just want to share something, and that is....it takes some time to figure out how our individual bodies work...I did great when I first started, but I couldn't recognize some things where my body was different..the conclusion I came to was...my body needed more time and healing in order to get in WLM..I tried to hurry it up when I stalled, and that didn't work for me..for instance..when I would do a dd or potato day, I would go longer without eating..so..my body would just slip back into starvation mode..so the eating window is not working for me..as we know it does work for a lot of people here...but again..my body didn't respond to it..I think, honestly, it's because my metabolism was so damaged.,.Im going back to square one, not going to fast half the day after a down day..so listen to your body..I know we are going to find a way that works good for each of us..
and, I know, it can't come too soon, can it..Hang in there young lady.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #135
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Gained the same 2 pounds from first of 3 UDs yesterday and at this rate will be be up 5 pounds before my DD on Friday!

NOT happy at the moment!
Well, now I KNOW I'm a really good psychic! I gained 4.4 pounds since Monday...153.2 now 157.6! (well, I was off by .6 pounds with the prediction! ) AND I know how I gained it...BINGING AGAIN!!

I'm laughing because if i don't I'll cry and crying is NOT going to help me get a handle on my eating, which is OUT OF CONTROL AGAIN!!!

Going to go to the IOWL videos and see what I can get from them and just going to relax a bit and chill until I can calm the binge monster down AGAIN!!

IF of an kind IS NOT FOR ME!! Back to the drawing board!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
beeb...i'm sorry to read binging has reared it's head again. i wanted to share with you this woe... No S Diet: No snacks, sweets, seconds, except on days that start with S. i really do love it's simplicity.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #137
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Well, now I KNOW I'm a really good psychic! I gained 4.4 pounds since Monday...153.2 now 157.6! (well, I was off by .6 pounds with the prediction! ) AND I know how I gained it...BINGING AGAIN!!

I'm laughing because if i don't I'll cry and crying is NOT going to help me get a handle on my eating, which is OUT OF CONTROL AGAIN!!!

Going to go to the IOWL videos and see what I can get from them and just going to relax a bit and chill until I can calm the binge monster down AGAIN!!

IF of an kind IS NOT FOR ME!! Back to the drawing board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
beeb...i'm sorry to read binging has reared it's head again. i wanted to share with you this woe... No S Diet: No snacks, sweets, seconds, except on days that start with S. i really do love it's simplicity.
I've heard good things about this woe!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #138

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Linda.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I've heard about this too. It does sound interesting.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Linda, I'm so sorry you're struggling so!

I think your strategy of relaxing and getting your bearings is a good one. And I sure hope you'll find the eating plan that works for you. Please don't disappear from here altogether though. We would miss you too much!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #141

Gallery: jiggles
Beeb How about a Paul McKenna approach? His 4 golden rules maybe? It's tough but I think it helps to only focus on one day at a time.

That is the way I eventually want to be able to eat. Unfortuntely I feel like I need to get some pounds off right now so I'm doing 4:3 and trying to focus on not binging on my UD's like I started to do before (in fear of being too hungry on my DD's). I know I still eat a little too much on my UD's so I need to work on that but it hasn't been like before, which is good.

I don't think the PM plan is the quickest weight loss but if you want to just focus on getting your eating more under control it might be a good way.

Just a thought. Good luck to you.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #142

Quote:
Thank you for this but in reading it I am finding my head going to the place of "I can do this because on the weekends I can eat again"! THIS is not a good place for my head and I'm thinking ANY WOE that is "this many days on and this many days off" is not going to work for this binging personality I have developed.

I just need to eat "for real" and not as someone 3 times my size! AND I need to stop eating! That is the problem right now, AGAIN!!

I'm taking a break, not snacking at all until I really feel I need something during the day and then I WILL stop and keep stopping until I get it right!! I have no triggers; sugar, carbs, etc. EVERY food is a trigger and this is what really stinks right now!

I'm reading all I can about binging, looking for the reasons I do it, and trying to put a stop to it BEFORE it starts right after I start to eat for the day. This is when it starts, when I start to eat and it just doesn't stop! UD, DD, any day, it's all the same! Even DDs I'm eating non-stop, the lowest calorie foods I can, but still eating WAY too much!

Thanks all for the support and caring! I will be hanging around, looking around, and reporting here to let you all know how it's going!

There IS a right fit for me somewhere out here but any WOE that is IF related is NOT a right fit, I'm sorry to say!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm having some of the same issues as Linda! Except JUDDD DID work for me!! Here's what I posted on the IF thread for those of us in maintenance:

Hi all!! I've decided that I need to stick with JUDDD! I've begun a weight creep up with playing around with 5:2. I think Sara had a talk with her DH about maintenance. I had the same talk with my DH yesterday. He's doing JUDDD also & I'm finding that me being on a different plan is too confusing for both of us! On his DD's, I'm trying to eat when he isn't around & visa versa. It makes me feel sneaky & I tend to over eat. Crazy, right??!

I've also decided to go back to weight loss mode & lose the 4 pounds I've gained & a few pounds more to give myself a better range to work maintenance. I'll still check in here to see how everyone is doing. And I'll be back in maintenance mode soon!!

Why try to fix what aint broke, huh? JUDDD worked better for me than anything ever has. I was happy with it! I am no longer happy with 5:2. That's just me. I am happy for those of you who it does work for. I wish you all the best & will watch your progress!!

Well, after my DD yesterday, I'm down 3 of the 4lbs. I had gained. Maybe I panicked too soon. However, I still believe sticking with JUDDD is my best bet!! And, since I've decided to go back to WLM to lose a few more pounds, I've gotta go back to what I know works for me! I'll keep an eye on you all & maybe I'll learn something new that WILL work for me in the future!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
Beeb How about a Paul McKenna approach? His 4 golden rules maybe? It's tough but I think it helps to only focus on one day at a time.

That is the way I eventually want to be able to eat. Unfortuntely I feel like I need to get some pounds off right now so I'm doing 4:3 and trying to focus on not binging on my UD's like I started to do before (in fear of being too hungry on my DD's). I know I still eat a little too much on my UD's so I need to work on that but it hasn't been like before, which is good.

I don't think the PM plan is the quickest weight loss but if you want to just focus on getting your eating more under control it might be a good way.

Just a thought. Good luck to you.
Looked into this and it's not for me at all! I have NO idea what is for me, but IF is not the way I can go anymore!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Looked into this and it's not for me at all! I have NO idea what is for me, but IF is not the way I can go anymore!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
Linda- have you tried straight forward Atkins. No calories counting just eat when you are hungry and protein plus fats fills you up nicely. Also, how about Leptin Reset (Jack Kruse)?
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Linda- have you tried straight forward Atkins. No calories counting just eat when you are hungry and protein plus fats fills you up nicely. Also, how about Leptin Reset (Jack Kruse)?
Did Atkins/LC for years. Had some weight loss, but the problem was I never found that "full feeling" from eating protein/fat like so many others do so I would just be hungry all the time. I can eat a small bowl of oatmeal and stay for hours without eating again because I'm just not hungry but give me some bacon and eggs (especially eggs!) and I'm eating all day long!

I looked into the Leptin Reset and eating a big breakfast of all that protein would be setting myself up for a eating frenzy all day long! I even have a thread on the main lobby about how if I eat eggs I'm starving all day!

I'm just chillin' right now, taking a break but thanks for the many suggestions!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I lost quite well on the Rice Diet and it includes oatmeal. I liked it since it was so easy. I can maintain on high fat but cannot lose on it.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #149

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
I found Brain Over Binge to be a good book. I don't feel like my binging comes from an emotional state (such as something bad in my life) but more of a "I just want to eat!" & "the food tastes so good!" state. I think Brain Over Binge deals more with that type of binging. Might be worth checking out. (In fact, I should read it again.)
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Today is my one week doing 5/2 and lost 3.75#!

I averaged 1600 on my UD and 552 on my DD.

According to JUDDD I should have 1528 on my UD and 535 on my DD. So I can see I did go a bit over but not by much!

I am thrilled with 5/2! Hope I continue to like it! I find it much easier then just plan ol JUDDD as I do not find myself eating way, way over on my UD to make up for what I cannot eat on my DD

Good Luck To Each And Everyone Here!