Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Roberta12
Stats: 285/217/150
WOE: LC, JUDDD, exercising
Start Date: May 1, 2012
Flab, flab, flab

I still have a long way to go, but I've lost 65 pounds which is great - but I've never been so flabby and droopy. I'm wondering at 58 years old if there is anything I can do?
Roberta12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Oh, goodness yes! 58 is barely old enough to be wise (in fact, that's still questionable at such a young and chancy age), certainly young enough for lots of control over your body shape! Have you added in any exercise program yet? There are so many that come to mind, but would need to know where you are now, how active you are.

Also look into skin brushing to help the skin bounce back - you can find information online or, I believe, there may be threads here.

Make sure you get plenty of good water to drink each day to hydrate your skin, too. Dr. Nicholas Perricone has excellent advice for eating for skin health, and advocates a couple meals of fatty fish like salmon each week.

Congratulations on your losses!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Oh, goodness yes! 58 is barely old enough to be wise (in fact, that's still questionable at such a young and chancy age), certainly young enough for lots of control over your body shape! Have you added in any exercise program yet? There are so many that come to mind, but would need to know where you are now, how active you are.

Also look into skin brushing to help the skin bounce back - you can find information online or, I believe, there may be threads here.

Make sure you get plenty of good water to drink each day to hydrate your skin, too. Dr. Nicholas Perricone has excellent advice for eating for skin health, and advocates a couple meals of fatty fish like salmon each week.

Congratulations on your losses!

I have the same problem, 50something here too, 81lbs down & still a way to go too. I lost mostly on my face, arms & legs, more slowly on my torso & I've lost a lot of muscle. I also have mobility problems, so I've been putting off as it can be hard to find an exercise program that doesn't cause too much pain.

I'm going to start (as I cant put it off any longer) by using a gym ball to strengthen my core & balance ( even just sitting/bouncing on one helps ), maybe with some light upper body weight training. I've read about the body brushing too & using glycerine as it attracts moisture to the skin, I think its harder @ our age but not impossible to improve it, also I've read once your on maintenance & doing some toning exercises, you firm up a bit too.

Goals: To get out of obese category ~ start an exercise routine when health is stable enough.

1 ~ <280 lbs/20 stone ~ Achieved July 2012 YaY!
2 ~ <252 lbs/18 stone ~ Achieved Oct 2012 YaY!
~~~~out of severely obese category~~~~
3 ~ <224 lbs/16 stone ~ Achieved Mar 2013 YaY
4 ~ <196 lbs/14 stone
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm 36 and struggling with this after losing 73 pound. I also have physical limitations so that has been hard for me. I have resistance band and need to press through the joint pain and just do it!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Hi there, Dee! You have lost even more since I've "seen" you! Great job, I'm so impressed.

Roberta, as I thought about this overnight, I thought about how the answer to "Flab, flab, flab" is "Tone, tone, tone".

I wanted to come back in and mention that all exercise is good, and some that would offer full-body muscle activation would be Callenetics, which many here can tell you happy success stories about, and T-Tapp, which I, and a few others here, have been doing for years. The concept in those (oversimplified) is lots of isometric muscle toning, all over, to "cinch" you in and firm you up. T-Tapp is physical-therapy based and lots of emphasis on safe but difficult movements, and there's a "More" workout for those with more years, more limitations, or more to lose. The website offers several "try before you buy" videos to do. Teresa Tapp often says, "Help your body make that natural girdle again."

We were talking in b_lou_who's Exercise Drawbacks and Woots thread about the possibility of starting a new exercise thread here in JUDDD forum, and what people think. Maybe that's needed.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I think it would be great to start an exercise thread. We had one back last summer, but a new one would be great!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It gets my vote!

I am 65 and although I lost most of my weight years ago, the stone I lost with JUDDD has changed my shape. I see my arms looking better after a year of being at goal. I am really trying to work on toning them now.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I have the 30 day shred DVD, and although I have been putting it off, I am going to start tomorrow. I've heard it is really good for toning. I've also heard it might be difficult for someone like me who is out of shape, but I'm going to give it a go.
I tried on some short sleeved tops today and was utterly appalled.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Roberta12
Stats: 285/217/150
WOE: LC, JUDDD, exercising
Start Date: May 1, 2012
Thanks everyone for commenting. You've all given me things to research and explore, like skin brushing - And T-Tapp - id had never heard those terms. I'm not all that active - i use my treadmill a couple of times per week, but that's it.
Roberta12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I love love love ttapp for toning. And no jumping up and down either.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I've been doing skin brushing since about September, maybe? I figure, it can't *hurt,* right? Plus it's kind of invigorating. I'm 45 and I've lost 54 lbs., and I don't know if it's helped for sure (I've also been exercising all along), but it doesn't look like I have a lot of loose skin at this point, although I'm not exactly smooth in some places. I'd still like to lose 85 more pounds, so we'll see how it goes. I hope it's helping!

I've read that time will help some with the skin ... the great thing about skin is that it is always turning over and renewing, but more slowly as we get older, so skin brushing and exfoliating and hydrating can help that process. Congratulations on your loss! Have you been on JUDDD the whole time?

Last edited by calichris; 03-03-2013 at 06:59 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
waves @ Whitlin ~ I'm still about, mainly post in the daily WI thread.

I looked @ the T-tapp, Looks good but like when I was trying to get the Fitball 101 Dvd out of my reach. I'm in the UK, so its a different dvd region, Plus the postage cost can be more than the item itself, so way out of my budget, Pity they dont do more internet Downloads. Does anyone know an inexpensive way to get them in the UK?
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote