Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: akilah
Stats: 145/133/120
WOE: zone
Start Date: late october 2012
starting juddd in the morning to lose vanity lbs :)

Hi I am planning on starting the juddd diet in the morning. I am 5 foot 8 with a small frame and currently 133 pounds, wanting to get to 120. So I am trying to lose vanity pounds. I started out at 145 in late october...worst time to start a diet! halloween...few weeks late thanksgiving...then so and and so on! I did a very aggressive approach to lose the first 10 pounds..1200 calories every day and burning 600 calories 7 days a week doing an hour of cardio on my exercise bike! I drove myself crazy. I have been on a break the last 2 months, not gaining but no losing. Not that it has happened to me but I started getting scared that eating the 1200 calories a day will make my metabolism adapt and I will stop losing weight...and that would make me furious to be working so hard forking out the will power of only eating 1200 every single day yet losing nothing or close to nothing. From what I have read it seems that theres a good chance that it is harder to stall on juddd because you are eating really low one day, but you eat the calories to maintain the next...resulting in a decent weekly loss. I am planning on doing 500 calories for my low day and 1800 for my high day. Based on my job as a cocktail server and my weekly calories...I am aiming for a weight loss of 1.5-1.75 pounds a week. So anyways I have a few question for those of you who have been doing this diet... do you seem to stall less on this diet?? I am very excited to start this diet...I have no problem doing 500 every other day because I know quite a few high volume low calorie foods (steamed veggies, reduced calorie soups etc..) and I am very, very strict about counting calories. I am really hoping this diet will be the answer. If my metabolism doesn't adapt I should lose the 13 pounds in about 7-9 weeks
akilah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Akilah!

I never had a "true stall" with JUDDD, but my loss would slow down sometimes. I had a lot to lose though, and my slow downs seemed to coincide with either needing to adjust my calories (after about 25 pounds loss each time) or when I had medical issues that needed to be addressed. Once I got those things sorted out, the loss would start to pick up again.

It can be counterintuitive to eat up to your UD numbers, especially if you're used to restricting every day, but please try to get as close as you can. Some have found that they stall by not eating enough and not getting out of the stress response that the down days bring. The wide swing between UD/DD calories seems to be a big part of the "magic" that comes with JUDDD.

Good luck!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for your reply!

Yeah because I do not have alot to lose if I did start to lose less I don't think it would even be noticeable. I am planning on eating at my maintenance level on high days...possibly even 150 calories higher since TDEE calculators are estimates.. just to ensure that I am sending that message to my body to not panic and no need for starvation mode. I have the will power..I just need my body's ok on this short journey
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas

Didn't know about stalls, since I have only been JUDDDing for about 7 weeks.
It has been working for me, hope it works for you too!

Eta: did you go to the juddd calculator to get your UD DD calorie limits?

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 03-02-2013 at 07:06 AM..
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I never really had a stall either, but TOM definitely effected my losses. However, I'm like Dawn- I had a lot to lose. You are already at a more than healthy weight so I can't say for you, but I hope you love it and !
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Welcome to you! (btw, you look just darling in your user pic!) I hope you love it! Sounds like you will do brilliantly!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Like Sher, I haven't been doing this long enough to stall. However one thing Ive noticed is some gals lose quickly & some more slowly. I am personally averaging about 1.5#/week but there are others who are losing more slowly.
My point being that this isn't known to be the fastest method out there. However the benefits are awesome so I hope you'll stick with it!!
Jen
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Akilah! I think JUDDD will be just the thing to get your metabolism going again. There really is something magic about the high and low calories. I haven't really had a true stall in 6 months, but I definitely slow down or even stay the same for a week or so around TOM. Again, like Dawn and Carly I had/have quite a bit to lose.

I'll look forward to hearing how you like it, and how it works for you!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Hi Akilah. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. You show awesome self-discipline.

You will become much more relaxed on JUDDD, as it's very forgiving once the sirtuin is established. I suggest you use your UDs to introduce some healthy fats, like virgin coconut oil and butter and you shouldn't find the increased amount of food a problem after being so restricted.

Don't be in a rush to lose the last few pounds and you'll find you can slip easily into maintainance when you're happy with your weight.

Enjoy the journey!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Hey guys thanks for the kind words and welcomes
Yeah, I am excited to try this b/c I know about calorie cycling, and how it is important to keep you body guessing on how much you are going to eat...I don't want to eat 1200 calories everyday and then have my body say "oh ok, this is the all the food you have? no worries i'll just lower your metabolism" lol.

I used the calculator on the JUDDD website and I got the #'s 395 for my low days and 1975 for high days...the paragraphs about the calculator state something about eating 500 calories on low days..I would like to eat 500 instead of 395..is this ok?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
That should be fine. If you don't feel you're making progress, you can always drop a few DD cals.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by akilah View Post
Hey guys thanks for the kind words and welcomes
Yeah, I am excited to try this b/c I know about calorie cycling, and how it is important to keep you body guessing on how much you are going to eat...I don't want to eat 1200 calories everyday and then have my body say "oh ok, this is the all the food you have? no worries i'll just lower your metabolism" lol.

I used the calculator on the JUDDD website and I got the #'s 395 for my low days and 1975 for high days...the paragraphs about the calculator state something about eating 500 calories on low days..I would like to eat 500 instead of 395..is this ok?

I'm finishing induction this weekend and so far it's working great. I too was on a daily 1000 cal limit and was going nowhere. Everyday felt like a down day. So I think My metab was in neutral. I think JUDDD had really helped shake thinks up in that area and hopefully will continue to see the numbers go down. Lots of good info here
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote