Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD and Potato Hack on DD's only. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798216-juddd-potato-hack-dds-only.html)

NoSugarShell 03-01-2013 10:49 AM

JUDDD and Potato Hack on DD's only.

Hey JUDDDers!

I used to JUDDD, quite awhile back with very good results. I fell by the wayside, and have gained some weight back. I tried Whole30, and it just seemed REALLY restrictive with very little weight loss for me. So, I started going through my books and found Dr. J's Alternate Day Diet and remembered how well this worked for me in the past.

Anyway, today is my 3rd DD (Mon, Wed, Fri), and it has been fairly easy and I've lost a couple of lbs. 6 lbs of water weight right off the bat.

I've read through most of the HUGE thread that was started on the potato hack, and it's so interesting! I've never been one to shun potatoes, but I do tend to add a bunch of high fat items to them. I'm not sure I could do only potato's everyday. What I love about JUDDD is I can eat what I want every other day.

So my question is...is anyone doing the potato hack on DD's only, with success?

Michelle

adillenal 03-01-2013 12:17 PM

Me. I am using potato DD's for maintenance. That way I can acutally eat all day and not feel hungry. Been doing it for a couple of weeks. Cold boiled gold potatoes for lunch and dinner. I either have oat bran or eggs for breakfast and then wait 5 or 6 hours before my first potato. Was not hungry this morning so I am not eating until I feel hungry and it is 2pm and I have had coffee with HWC at 6am. I don't count the potato calories on my DD but the more of them I do the fewer potatoes I am eating.

ouizoid 03-01-2013 12:59 PM

Me too I probably eat closer to 600 cals worth of taters than 500, but I love my tater DDs

Kimmietoo 03-01-2013 01:23 PM

Having my third DD potato hack. The jury's still out on whether this is working for me or not. I am quite satisfied with them, though. I normally load them up with high fat toppings but am amazed at how satisfying they have become to me without all of the addons. I have been slicing them and baking with chicken stock using Yenni's recipe. Good luck!

Kimmie

Yennie 03-01-2013 01:49 PM

Me too. I've been doing potato only DDs and not been counting. Been down after each one, except the last one. However, I can identify why I had a 1.8# bounce, and its not cuz I overate potatoes!! Not enough water, too much salt & tried to do some FF Greek yogurt w the potatoes in the evening - bad idea for me.
If I stick with the proper program, it works great for me.

NoSugarShell 03-01-2013 02:36 PM

Okay, I am going to start it today. I haven't eaten yet today, so I am thinking about a baked potato with some salt and pepper. Might need to wet it with something....hmmmm. I will do a regular UD tomorrow. If it doesn't seem to work I can go back to regular JUDDD or do the Potato Hack for 3-5 days and see what happens.

NoSugarShell 03-02-2013 05:46 AM

I just want to update on how my first potato DD went. I had one baked potato, with a TINY amount of butter, salt and pepper.

Yesterday morning I was 134.8 and this morning I was 130.6. I am seriously shocked! The best part is that after I had the potato I wasn't hungry for the rest of the evening, and I slept like a rock. I usually go to bed hungry and can't sleep.

I hope this continues, as I would love potato DD's for the rest of my life. :) I am going to have a normal UD today, and I'm sure my weight will bounce back up, but so far so good.

sunday 03-02-2013 04:29 PM

Love taters! I just finished a 5 day tater fast and lost 4 lbs. I am waiting till Monday morning to make sure that it sticks, but will definitely count it if so. :)

On my bakers, I love to pour small amount of salsa. I like these plain salt & pepper dipped in malt vinegar too.

Whitlin' 03-04-2013 07:22 AM

Michelle, I just wanted to wave at you !

We used to post together several years back, when the JUDDD chat here was one or two threads at a time on the forum called "other". :) Probably '09-'10.

(I didn't have an avatar back then, so I'm not very memorable)

Hope you have great success with your plan! I like potatoes, too but haven't tried that particular kind of dd yet. My dh came home from Wmart with a steamable microwave bag of red potatoes. It was astonishing how good they were - very buttery in texture without having any butter on them.

NoSugarShell 03-04-2013 02:41 PM

Hey there Whitlin! I do remember you. There really weren't many people on our JUDDD thread at that time. I logged in one day a few weeks back and was shocked at how big it's become. It's an awesome plan, so I do see how it happened. It will be my go to for the rest of my life. :)

I'm glad to see you still JUDDDin! :)

fiveninepointfive 03-06-2013 09:34 AM

Ok. I'd like to jump in on this thread. Today, day 3 of PH, the no hunger part has just started. So far, I've been eating to hunger and my weight has pretty much stayed the same. It has been mostly crockpot cooked russets and yukon, chilled, w s&p, malt vinegar. However, i did make my version of an irish potato w vanilla stevia, cinnamon and a dash of salt. Since, I am hoping to shake my sweet tooth, I am backing off. I am thinking the magic of the PH is beginning now. Yay!

NoSugarShell 03-06-2013 11:47 AM

oooooh, I like the sound of the irish potato with vanilla, stevia and cinnamon. I might have to try that. :)

SlowSure 03-07-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive (Post 16299238)
Today, day 3 of PH, the no hunger part has just started...I am thinking the magic of the PH is beginning now. Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSugarShell (Post 16290168)
I just want to update on how my first potato DD went....
Yesterday morning I was 134.8 and this morning I was 130.6. I am seriously shocked! ...I would love potato DD's for the rest of my life. :) I am going to have a normal UD today, and I'm sure my weight will bounce back up, but so far so good.

How are both of you faring with the Potato Hack?

I'm part way through day 5 of the PH. I'm headache-y, cold and cranky but this is outweighed by the fact that I seem to have broken my 150lbs +/- 2.5lbs stall. I'm hoping to give the PH until tomorrow to review it, and then Sunday, to see how bad I still feel or if the downsides are decreasing.

NoSugarShell 03-07-2013 04:59 AM

I haven't been sticking strictly with potatoes. I have only done one pure potato day and it helped. I've more been doing JUDDD with potatoes added. I am down 2lbs as of this morning, BUT TOM is looming so I won't actually know how I'm doing till after. I have to say that I am feeling skinnier and my clothes are fitting better. :)

fiveninepointfive 03-07-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16300819)
How are both of you faring with the Potato Hack?

I'm part way through day 5 of the PH. I'm headache-y, cold and cranky but this is outweighed by the fact that I seem to have broken my 150lbs +/- 2.5lbs stall. I'm hoping to give the PH until tomorrow to review it, and then Sunday, to see how bad I still feel or if the downsides are decreasing.

Hi. I am on day 4. I was feeling short tempered last night, so I took a bath and went to bed by 9:45. Other than that, I've been feeling pretty good. I've been going easy on myself in terms of my expectations w my day. My work is slow right now, too. I've also been taking 5 HTP, to enhance my mood.
I've been doing straight potatoes, mostly crockpot, then chilled. By the end of today, I would have gone thru almost 9 lbs in 4 days. My plan is to hang in there until Friday. Then add veggies and fruits in w the potatoes on Saturday. I am doing champagne brunch on Sunday, so we shall see where that lands me.
So far, I've lost 1.7, but I feel more trim than I did a week ago. I hope to lose 3 or 4 more.
Good luck!

fiveninepointfive 03-07-2013 10:22 AM

I want to add that last night I had a dream that I couldn't stop potato sprouts from growing out of my ear. Too funny, right? As soon as I would pull it, it would grow back. I didn't really sleep that great.

Corvettebuff 03-27-2013 11:52 AM

How do you do the potato's in crockpot with or without water? I have always used microwave or oven. How would I go about making French fries in the oven? Thanks, Susan

ouizoid 03-27-2013 11:57 AM

i do my crockpot potatoes with an inch or so of water in the bottom of the crockpot--on low for 6 hours. Perfect.

Librarygirl 03-27-2013 12:00 PM

Susan, I think you can do potatoes, sliced or cut into quarters (not too thin or they will be mush in the crockpot) with chicken broth in the crockpot. You can also add the seasonings you like as well as celery and onions, I think. As far as french fries, you can just slice the potatoes in the shape you like (french fry shape :D), spray with fat-free, calorie-free cooking spray (olive oil flavored is good), season and bake for about 20-30 minutes at 350.

Corvettebuff 03-27-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16339589)
Susan, I think you can do potatoes, sliced or cut into quarters (not too thin or they will be mush in the crockpot) with chicken broth in the crockpot. You can also add the seasonings you like as well as celery and onions, I think. As far as french fries, you can just slice the potatoes in the shape you like (french fry shape :D), spray with fat-free, calorie-free cooking spray (olive oil flavored is good), season and bake for about 20-30 minutes at 350.

Thanks I appreciate that. Susan