Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Bascially it sounds as if he's saying in order to not overeat, you need to only eat to live, not enjoy smells or flavors. I imagine that would be effective, but depressing lol.
No, that's not it at all.

The idea is that if some of your calories are "flavorless" it affects your brain chemistry, hunger signals, and weight set point.

Outside of the 2-hour windows, it is in fact encouraged to try new flavors, new flavor combinations, new spices, etc, and to not eat packaged food because the flavors are too consistent.

I believe it was also in his book (it's been many years since I borrowed it from the library!) that I read about taking time to smell your food (at least 3 big inhales) before eating it, because you will feel satiated sooner.

So flavors and aromas are actually a really important part of this!!!

I did try the oil a few years ago...I just thought of it like medicine or supplements that you're supposed to take on an empty stomach and then wait an hour before eating. No reason for it to interfere with your enjoyment of food the rest of the day. And for people who try not to eat for a few hours before bed, it wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate it into one's routine.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
It was a huge problem for me on HCG; just the lack of food in general. I ended up taking herbal tea remedy often in the end. Psyllium has never worked for me strangely. Gas and constipation in one thread - JUDDD budds
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
LOL! I can get into any convo.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
No, that's not it at all.

So flavors and aromas are actually a really important part of this!!!

I did try the oil a few years ago...I just thought of it like medicine or supplements that you're supposed to take on an empty stomach and then wait an hour before eating. No reason for it to interfere with your enjoyment of food the rest of the day. And for people who try not to eat for a few hours before bed, it wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate it into one's routine.
In the book he mentions someone who got the same effect swallowing fish oil capsules. I think straight cod liver oil for the health benefits would work well except for the strong taste. I've got the Eat Fat Lose Fat by Enig and Fallon which I have yet to read, but CLO is highly recommended by them.

Last edited by mojocat; 03-01-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121/118-123
WOE: my way
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post

Constipation? What is that? That's the beauty of JUDDD and eating like a hog on UD's - it gets the system moving the next day...fast...and often.....say no more....
I wish that was the case for me. I never in my life had issue with constipation till I started Atkins/JUDD. Now my sleep also suffers especially after DD.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
I just love reading your posts, I never know where they will take me, awesome.

In fact, last week I googled this diet, someone mentioned it. I know he favored the oo with no flavor but since co has been mentioned, that interested me. A health guru told me years ago I didn't need to count the calories from co because of the way our body responds to it. Any thoughts on this theory?
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
In the book he mentions someone who got the same effect swallowing fish oil capsules. .
Great idea for a DD! Ty, I didn't read that.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I was one of Seth's original guinea pigs. I would say the biggest problem I noticed (other than the inconvenience) is that the effect wears off if you don't do it and many people quickly regained weight. I've followed his forum for years Lots of interesting ideas there
It's a great forum - full of intrepid adventurers, keen to experiment and find what works best for them!

SLD is all about appetite suppression and there are so many variables. Different oils suit different people. Some people find taking their oil dose first thing in the morning works best for them, others only after they've eaten something. Some even take it in the middle of the night.

I too found the SLD effects wore off rather quickly and it didn't work when I came back to it last year - thank goodness I found JUDDD!

Interestingly, many people do find their skin, hair and joints improve when they do SLD. So much for low-fat diets!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 03-02-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
I just love reading your posts, I never know where they will take me, awesome.

In fact, last week I googled this diet, someone mentioned it. I know he favored the oo with no flavor but since co has been mentioned, that interested me. A health guru told me years ago I didn't need to count the calories from co because of the way our body responds to it. Any thoughts on this theory?
My body responds to every single coconut oil calorie. I must, must count it. I did and experiment back months ago and stalled completely when I didn't count it.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I was one of Seth's original guinea pigs. I would say the biggest problem I noticed (other than the inconvenience) is that the effect wears off if you don't do it and many people quickly regained weight. I've followed his forum for years Lots of interesting ideas there
I love reading his blog & forum as well. Very interesting, educated folks gather there. A lot of fasters, IF'ers & Fast 5 folk.

I still enjoy reading all of Seth's & Tim Ferris' scientific experiments on themselves. I found this particular one interesting and will be following how this goes for him...Rob Rinehart who has quit food completely for a drink comprised of chemical nutrients.

How I Stopped Eating Food : Mostly Harmless
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Like Carly says every body is different and everyone responds differently to the oils - it would be a matter of trying it and watching your weight carefully. I didn't count CO or MCT before JUDDD but because it is purely about calories I have been avoiding these oils. My weight loss on JUDDD is very pleasing and consistent and I don't want to throw any spanners in the works. I have had cocoa crack on the morning of an UD without any problems, but man I eat so much on UD's I doubt the crack would make any difference, although I didn't eat that day well until the evening so it did cause some AS during the day.

In the past however after HCG and before JUDDD I was able to consume globs of CO in the form of cocoa crack and if anything it used to bring a loss on the scales. My favourite oil is MCT - I love the taste (it's supposed to be tasteless) and the texture and would add it to salads, protein shakes, guacomale - it always gave me a caffeine wired type of energy, especially before exercise. It's the fuel for bodybuilders.

I learn a lot from the bodybuilder forums; those guys are experts in bodyfat! I was reading about some of them doing lean gains IF and 16/8 windows and those guys also complain of overeating in their windows to the point of sickness, so I'm not going to stress anymore about overeating on my UD's, as long as I'm not putting weight on, I don't care. I've always had a screwed up relationship with food and if it takes this to keep the weight off so be it.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My body responds to every single coconut oil calorie. I must, must count it. I did and experiment back months ago and stalled completely when I didn't count it.
Thank you Carly, I'd better count it too. You look awesome, kutgw!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Thank you Carly, I'd better count it too. You look awesome, kutgw!
FWIW, I have CO in my coffee every DD morn, think BP coffee, and I don't count it. But its probably, max, 1/2 TBS and I wait at least 4 hours before eating again, have mostly done potato DDs and my DDs when they're not potato are very low. So, maybe, in a way, I am counting it. Just thought I'd share, as I'd hears you didn't need to count it either.

I need to start keeping a list of where I "hear" these things...easier to verify!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
FWIW, I have CO in my coffee every DD morn, think BP coffee, and I don't count it. But its probably, max, 1/2 TBS and I wait at least 4 hours before eating again, have mostly done potato DDs and my DDs when they're not potato are very low. So, maybe, in a way, I am counting it. Just thought I'd share, as I'd hears you didn't need to count it either.

I need to start keeping a list of where I "hear" these things...easier to verify!!
Thank you and thank you mojo. Worth making note of for sure. Even though we aren't using much.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Mine too, exactly the same. I love it, but use it sparingly, and always count the calories after my failed attempt not to count them.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote