Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
March Daily Chat Thread

This thread is a place to share whatever you want to share--weight stuff, daily stuff, random thoughts in your head, anything goes. That stuff you'd like to say, but really don't think it warrants a thread of it's own.

The wording above to start the thread was scandalously plagiarized from Tina (mykid'steacher) who wrote it for the April, 2012 DailyChat thread!

Last edited by Whitlin'; 03-01-2013 at 06:02 AM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Reading back over our February chat thread, many hugs going out to budds. Get well wishes, plus get well wishes for several loved ones.

Here's a link to where we left off in February.

Can you believe it's MARCH already? And just HOW did that happen? I am not ready for it, can't we push it back?

I won't link here, but today's Mercola newsletter again has the topic of Intermittent Fasting, a very positive, encouraging article. Anyone interested could probably find it on that site. Title is " How Intermittent Fasting Stacks Up Among Obesity-Related Myths, Assumptions, and Evidence-Backed Facts " and it's for today's date.

I promised on the March goals thread that I was going to keep up exercising some every day. I've been an every-day gal now since the 10th of Feb. Feeling good. As Richard Simmons says, "Gotta Tone, Gotta Tone!"

Last edited by Whitlin'; 03-01-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
And Merclal has a lot of references listed too. I thought his article on sulfur was interesting too.
I am happily maintaining and after an interesting day food wise at the Houston Liverstock Show I am right where I should be on the scale this morning. I opted to walk back and forth from the parking lot to the building and that is a long jaunt so I think that helped the scale non bounce this morning. Another reason to try to add walking to my routine. Does not help with weightloss for me but it does for maintaining.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
My Mom is starting JUDDD tomorrow!

After showing my lovely Mom the Horizon show last night, she tells me this morning that' she's ready to start tomorrow (Saturday). She thinks she'll do EOD, and have the same UDs and DDs as me, so we can support each other, but if it's not manageable at first, she may join me every other DD. I told her I thought that was a fine way to ease into it if it feels better for her. She's 79, and VERY healthy, so I don't think there are any reasons for her not to try it, but I definitely don't want to her to have any discomfort. I'll keep you all posted on how she does!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
That is so cool LCG! I have been talking to my mom about it, keeping my fingers crossed she will jump on the bandwagon too. Hope your mom finds lots of benefits from it
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That is wonderful piece of news LCG. I hope she enjoys many of the benefits,

Shows how impressed she must be with your great progress too. We are waiting for your celebration of 100 lbs, you must be so delighted with yourself.

Whistlin' well done on the exercise front. I am trying to get get into the swing of things too. I am only aiming for 3 classes a week but I will try to get in a bit more movement on the others days too. I am inclined to hibernate in the winter....

Adi good work on the walk from the car park. I know what that can be like from our county shows here, and Texas is a bit bigger than Devon.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanks Cindy.
Will get in some more exervcise today and tomorrow as I am about to leave for a 2 day craft show. Unloading, setting up, standing on my feet all day for 2 days and then packing up and loading is a workout in itself.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #8

Respect lady!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
LCG that is so exciting about your mom. I hope she loves it. My family thinks I look great and they know juddd is working for me, but they think it's kinda kookie. However, now when my mother calls to invite us over she says "Will that be and eating day?" I think it's cute. That's what my co-workers say... "Is today a food day or a celery day"
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

My mom does the same thing Carly, it is cute
I finally got the nerve to explain what I am doing to my co workers. They actually did not give me a hard time about it as I thought they would. So last week one of them asked me if I could go to lunch, if it was my eatin' day lol
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Aww w love the supportive family and friends!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
My mom does the same thing Carly, it is cute
I finally got the nerve to explain what I am doing to my co workers. They actually did not give me a hard time about it as I thought they would. So last week one of them asked me if I could go to lunch, if it was my eatin' day lol
I find that most of my co-workers are very supportive. There is one woman who has a bit of nastiness in her tone when she says..."I'm sure skinny mini isn't eating." But she's quite overweight and DW says she is just jealous.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I find that most of my co-workers are very supportive. There is one woman who has a bit of nastiness in her tone when she says..."I'm sure skinny mini isn't eating." But she's quite overweight and DW says she is just jealous.
DW is right, I am sure!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you Flutter. I try not to take it personally. At first I felt upset by it, but it's really just showed a lot about her character and now I interact with her only when required. I acually think she probably has quite a lot of issues and I like to minimize or elimate all kinds of drama and gossip in my life so keeping a little distance is a good thing!

I just heard the cutest thing on the news. There is a huge surge of babies due in July and August- this is directly connected to Hurricane Sandy and the fact that hundreds of thounsands were without power for up to 2 weeks. All the couples having girls said they would not name her Sandy!!!!!

It makes me a tiny bit jealous since for DW and I it's a big production for me to get pregnant including a big expense, but I'm more ready than I've been in a long time so we just have to "pick the donor" from a bank in California that has been recommended by my OBGYN and go from there.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

You're planning to have a baby?? Yay, that is so awesome! Super excited for you!

Eta I also have one co worker whom I haven't talked to about juddd. She's very touch and go, one day she's your best friend, and the next day she's a snake. So don't trust sharing personal things with her.

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 03-02-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When are you going to choose, Carly? Such an exciting time!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
The big race

Tomorrow is my 15k with my mom. We've been staying in a friend's house in Seattle for the last 2 days. Went to the expo yesterday, got lots of chocolate & hot chocolate. Hitting my fave city restaurants which is a problem cuz I'm off rotations for this and I just plain Do. Not. Want. To. Eat!! But small bites & I'm happy.
I'll post pics after the race tomorrow, will be fun!! I hope!

PS: anyone ever done an online baby shower cuz I think we should try...
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #18

Jen I am so glad you are well enough for the 15k. Hope you enjoy it.

Carly, what an exciting time for you and DW.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Oooohhhhh Good Luck with the baby Carly!!!! I miss mine being little!! They were fun then......they are fun now...sometimes...when they arent sleeping, talking back or asking for money!! lol!!!

I went shopping today with the daughter......It was fun!!! I bought a pair of capri jeans. They are the boyfriend style and I think they will look so nice with tank tops this summer when I have to go out and about. I ordered a pair of skull shorts from Hot Topic and cant wait to wear them too!! I also got a new wedding ring set! My old set broke a few years back and I couldnt find something I wanted. But today I found a beautiful sterling silver set that was clearanced and then clearanced again for a grand total of 30 bucks!! (marked down from 149!!), Its so pretty and sparkly and I cant stop staring at it!! lol!! Fake diamonds but sooooo what!!! I never was a diamond and pearls type!!

Ok off to watch Twilight breaking dawn part 2!! The whole reason I went out today!! lol!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Oooohhhhh Good Luck with the baby Carly!!!! I miss mine being little!! They were fun then......they are fun now...sometimes...when they arent sleeping, talking back or asking for money!! lol!!!

I went shopping today with the daughter......It was fun!!! I bought a pair of capri jeans. They are the boyfriend style and I think they will look so nice with tank tops this summer when I have to go out and about. I ordered a pair of skull shorts from Hot Topic and cant wait to wear them too!! I also got a new wedding ring set! My old set broke a few years back and I couldnt find something I wanted. But today I found a beautiful sterling silver set that was clearanced and then clearanced again for a grand total of 30 bucks!! (marked down from 149!!), Its so pretty and sparkly and I cant stop staring at it!! lol!! Fake diamonds but sooooo what!!! I never was a diamond and pearls type!!

Ok off to watch Twilight breaking dawn part 2!! The whole reason I went out today!! lol!!!
You bought new clothes? I am super jealous! But I think I too will be buying some capris for the spring. Yay for your new wedding set!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Go Jen! Woohoo! I am impressed by you. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You're planning to have a baby?? Yay, that is so awesome! Super excited for you!

Eta I also have one co worker whom I haven't talked to about juddd. She's very touch and go, one day she's your best friend, and the next day she's a snake. So don't trust sharing personal things with her.
This co- worker is like that. She'll smile in your face then talk about you like a dog when you leave the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
When are you going to choose, Carly? Such an exciting time!
Have a great time at the race. Do a mile for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Jen I am so glad you are well enough for the 15k. Hope you enjoy it.

Carly, what an exciting time for you and DW.
I think I'm finally ready DW has been since we came back from our honeymoon in 2008 I'm a worrier sometime but I just have to have faith and go for it. I worry about the PCOS and my spine the most. I can't afford to have to try more than 4 or 5times and I can't afford to be on bed rest starting at my 5 th month, but I want to be a mother and DW and I have waited a long time. I appreciate all of your support.

Last edited by Carly; 03-03-2013 at 04:46 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Thank you Flutter. I try not to take it personally. At first I felt upset by it, but it's really just showed a lot about her character and now I interact with her only when required. I acually think she probably has quite a lot of issues and I like to minimize or elimate all kinds of drama and gossip in my life so keeping a little distance is a good thing!

I just heard the cutest thing on the news. There is a huge surge of babies due in July and August- this is directly connected to Hurricane Sandy and the fact that hundreds of thounsands were without power for up to 2 weeks. All the couples having girls said they would not name her Sandy!!!!!

It makes me a tiny bit jealous since for DW and I it's a big production for me to get pregnant including a big expense, but I'm more ready than I've been in a long time so we just have to "pick the donor" from a bank in California that has been recommended by my OBGYN and go from there.
That is such wonderful, exciting news!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That is such wonderful, exciting news!
Thanks Cindy!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This co- worker is like that. She'll smile in your face then talk about you like a dog when you leave the room

Have a great time at the race. Do a mile for me!

I think I'm finally ready DW has been since we came back from our honeymoon in 2008 I'm a worrier sometime but I just have to have faith and go for it. I worry about the PCOS and my spine the most. I can't afford to have to try more than 4 or 5times and I can't afford to be on bed rest starting at my 5 th month, but I want to be a mother and DW and I have waited a long time. I appreciate all of your support.
Totally understand. Worry seems to be a mom's middle name...sometimes it's the 1st, middle and last names! Everything will turn out perfect, keep the faith and you know we will all be rooting for you and super excited!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Adi, I hope the goats are being very cooperative and showing off their good looks!

Yay for Moms starting JUDDD - what an encouragement.

Jen, I hope the 15K was a big success.

Cindy, oh yes, hibernating - seems so natural in the cold months but then I'm not ready for the activity I want to do outdoors in the warm months! (Also not ready to be seen!) So hibernating has got to be out!

Personalities and telling about JUDDD - just saying you are choosing to lose weight is a huge thing to be willing to tell others, really enough to say. After that, change the subject unless these are very close work friends. The kindest gift you can give in conversation is to stop and ask about the other person's life instead.

Ugh, going into Hot Topic with the daughter I'm miserable when we do that! SO LOUD. But happy you got shopping done. I have actually bought one tee shirt there, and a guitar pick. But usually I am hanging around the doorway while she braves the music and shops! Wonderful to get a ring set you can enjoy and have that off your mind knowing you love it!

Awwww..... a baby... ... Sigh. powder and curls. Booties. All best wishes! Just keep up excellent nourishment and gain weight on a schedule. Don't do like I once did and gain 10 pounds super quick - that's what's hard on the back. Slow, steady, planned weight gain with nutrition in mind, that's the ticket. Awwww.... rocking. lullabies.

Last edited by Whitlin'; 03-03-2013 at 07:24 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Carly, that's wonderful, exciting and I'm sure more than a bit scary! I wish you an easy success.

LCG that's great to have your mum on board.

Respect to all the fit, exercising JUDDDers!

Adi, I hope you've had a good day and are not too tired.

Yennie, so glad you recovered for the 15k. I hope it went well.

Katie, you sound so happy!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #28

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

I'm hoping it's easy for you. We were "surprised" with Keira. DH is a cancer survivor and I had had a couple of miscarriages, so we were pretty sure it was going to take outside intervention to get and stay pregnant. We decided to try after we'd been married for a year (we were together for several years before we got married). We never used birth control in 5 years. We went away for our one year anniversary (April 26) and found out May 5 that we were pregnant.

All that to say, I'm hopeful that your first time works and you have a great experience. There's nothing like being a mom.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm hoping it's easy for you. We were "surprised" with Keira. DH is a cancer survivor and I had had a couple of miscarriages, so we were pretty sure it was going to take outside intervention to get and stay pregnant. We decided to try after we'd been married for a year (we were together for several years before we got married). We never used birth control in 5 years. We went away for our one year anniversary (April 26) and found out May 5 that we were pregnant.

All that to say, I'm hopeful that your first time works and you have a great experience. There's nothing like being a mom.
Until they become teenagers. Then there's really nothing like being a mom. Oy vey. Lol, but it is all very worth it
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

I haven't been in a position, should we say, in almost 20 years, to know if I'll get pregnant easily, but I sure hope so!

Quote:
Until they become teenagers. Then there's really nothing like being a mom. Oy vey. Lol, but it is all very worth it
I was the therapist at an adolescent rehab for 2 years... O.M.G! Almost every grey hair on my head, I earned working there. With those kids, however, the parents were worse in some ways and that put me off from wanting children for a long while.

I strictly treat adults at this point in my carrer and that is mainly because I don't want to deal with the parents. Although I have some family sessions with some of my young adult clients and lets just say that meeting some of those parents really explains a lot. It is so sad. I think my career has made me jaded in some ways, but I know there are a lot of really awesome parents out there, too and I remind myself of that whenever possible.