Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow Tanya that was a bad time you had with the 'stitch'. Hope he isn't going to charge you for half the treatment!

I am glad you are seeing a new gynie hopefully someone who listens. I don't know much but it sounds to me as you def have PCOS. Time to get this sorted.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I came here to complain about how I just realized at a lb a week, ha! not even!, it will be over a year before I get to goal. Then I read about other members health problems, etc. and it just didn't seem "right". I feel selfish and foolish for being so concerned with the numbers when others are worried about much more important things.

Katie, I hope everything checks out alright, and Carly, I hope the doc gives you a thumbs up on trying conception.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I came here to complain about how I just realized at a lb a week, ha! not even!, it will be over a year before I get to goal. Then I read about other members health problems, etc. and it just didn't seem "right". I feel selfish and foolish for being so concerned with the numbers when others are worried about much more important things.
Well look at it this way......a lb a week is really healthy way to lose!! A study I read once ages ago that said the slower people lose weight the better chance they have of keeping it off!! I aim for slow, but its ok when the whoosh fairy visits too!!! lol!!!! Aweee Library you will get there!!! Just imagine what you will look like in a year!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

I know, I know! That's what everyone says. "It's better to lose it slow." However, I doubt the fast losers would want to trade places!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
I know, I know! That's what everyone says. "It's better to lose it slow." However, I doubt the fast losers would want to trade places!
I know what your saying!! I really do!! Someday it will all click for us!! lol!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
to Cindy and Slow . . . there's nothing worse than dealing with household problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I think you are doing very well Slow, we are retired and have time to get things sorted, so it is easier for us. Feeling your frustration and DH's disappointment.
You're all so understanding, thank you. I was thoroughly fed-up and needed to sound off about it without sounding as if I was blaming my husband.

Quote:
Sorry you're having to deal with this, SS. I was wondering what does OH stand for? One Husband?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I think OH (other half) and SO (significant other) can be used interchangeably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Me, too!!
Oh dear If you heard my accent, it would be understandable that you might think that I refer to my husband as One's Husband (but never 'Other Husband' - that's just too funny ).

I tend to think of my husband as my Best Beloved (BB) which is abysmally soppy of me.

Having a better day. Good wishes to all of us with plumbing or other household snags.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Ooooooh, chicken chat!

JMBM, for my small flock, which is varied with 4 different brown-egg-laying breeds, the New Hampshire Reds have proven the longest lived. You'll find this is important to your heart. You can't help but become attached to your hens and it's great to have them stay well and strong.

My husband and I were just noticing yesterday an old New Hampshire hen who had looked awful after her fall molt, is fully feathered out and just beee-u-tiful, laying every other day faithfully as though she were a younger hen.

That said, I have really loved all the brown-egg-laying breeds I've reared, Plymouth Rocks, Orpingtons, Australorps, Rhode Islands (a parent breed of the New Hampshire), Buttercups, Wyandottes. And I would have good things to say about all of them. (Haven't tried white-egg layers in all these years, since I like plump hens.)

As far as predators, one helpful thing I read is to avoid (or really protect) white-colored hens because they are the ones most likely to be targeted. Yennie, we don't have eagles, (yikes!) but hawks are scary here.

Turkey eggs are something I've never tried! I'd guess they are about the size of a double-yolked chicken egg?

Hope the appliance and plumbing woes are straightened out soon! ((Hugs)) for that, Cindy and SlowSure!

Tanya, isn't it wonderful to be able to come here and find that you know intelligent women who probably have experienced what you have, health-wise. I sure appreciate all the wisdom.

Library Girl, in all honesty, I think you are doing so well. I know that can sound hollow on a day you're wondering why things go so slowly, but it's real!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Turkey eggs are something I've never tried! I'd guess they are about the size of a double-yolked chicken egg?
Nope, bigger. They're an off white with brown speckles (at least the turkeys we had, maybe different turkeys lay different colored eggs?). I' say easily 2.5-3x the size of a large chicken egg. I can close our carton with a double yolker in there - can't with a turkey egg.

My dad has lost several chickens to birds of prey. Our chicken house & pen was already built when we bought our house & its covered so I'm assuming the previous owner had losses & covered the yard. I may try to let them out days when I'm home to watch them but not today - its pouring today.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
Cindy and Slowsure -- I know exactly how you feel dealing with your home disasters. We just got done cleaning up a giant mess. The snow fall has been so bad this year that I came home from work one night and saw our gazebo had crashed down on top of the hot tub! What a mess!
Cleaning up a water mess is the worst and whenever it happens I always feel sorry for myself. That is until I think about people who don't even have running water! It's all about maintaining your perspective right? We have a great life!
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
[QUOTE=Whitlin';16326343]Ooooooh, chicken chat!

JMBM, for my small flock, which is varied with 4 different brown-egg-laying breeds, the New Hampshire Reds have proven the longest lived. You'll find this is important to your heart. You can't help but become attached to your hens and it's great to have them stay well and strong.

My husband and I were just noticing yesterday an old New Hampshire hen who had looked awful after her fall molt, is fully feathered out and just beee-u-tiful, laying every other day faithfully as though she were a younger hen.

That said, I have really loved all the brown-egg-laying breeds I've reared, Plymouth Rocks, Orpingtons, Australorps, Rhode Islands (a parent breed of the New Hampshire), Buttercups, Wyandottes. And I would have good things to say about all of them. (Haven't tried white-egg layers in all these years, since I like plump hens.)

QUOTE]

I also love the Brahmas. I have a few Buffs and of course my Easter Eggers. Gotta love green eggs. Marans too. The Black Cooper Marans have the really dark chocolate colored eggs which is funny because you can actually wash the color off the egg. It is like they paint the color on. I had 8 black sex links but I think they have all committed suicide by flying into the side yard where Duke lives. Duke kills chickens but he has never left his yard to do so. I figure he is innocent since they flew in his yard. The rest seem to have more sense than to fly into a yard with a big dog.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
So exciting, Carly!!! (and yea, teenagers, oy!) Babies, though, awwww!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepheka View Post
Cindy and Slowsure -- I know exactly how you feel dealing with your home disasters. We just got done cleaning up a giant mess. The snow fall has been so bad this year that I came home from work one night and saw our gazebo had crashed down on top of the hot tub! What a mess!
Cleaning up a water mess is the worst and whenever it happens I always feel sorry for myself. That is until I think about people who don't even have running water! It's all about maintaining your perspective right? We have a great life!
You are so right, I have lived in India and other places where water is so scarce, we are indeed fortunate. I try to remember that because my life is truly blessed.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Ooooooh, chicken chat!

As far as predators, one helpful thing I read is to avoid (or really protect) white-colored hens because they are the ones most likely to be targeted. Yennie, we don't have eagles, (yikes!) but hawks are scary here.

Hope the appliance and plumbing woes are straightened out soon! ((Hugs)) for that, Cindy and SlowSure!

Tanya, isn't it wonderful to be able to come here and find that you know intelligent women who probably have experienced what you have, health-wise. I sure appreciate all the wisdom.

Library Girl, in all honesty, I think you are doing so well. I know that can sound hollow on a day you're wondering why things go so slowly, but it's real!
[quote=adillenal;16326880]
Quote:
Ooooooh, chicken chat!

QUOTE]

I also love the Brahmas. I have a few Buffs and of course my Easter Eggers. Gotta love green eggs. Marans too. The Black Cooper Marans have the really dark chocolate colored eggs which is funny because you can actually wash the color off the egg. It is like they paint the color on. I had 8 black sex links but I think they have all committed suicide by flying into the side yard where Duke lives. Duke kills chickens but he has never left his yard to do so. I figure he is innocent since they flew in his yard. The rest seem to have more sense than to fly into a yard with a big dog.
I have a lot reading/preparing to do. I love fresh eggs. We are building a barn this summer and I've already reserved a spot for a chicken coop. I just like the flavor of the farm raised eggs better also. They just taste richer. We are also going to start buying grass fed beef. It's amazing how different it taste compared to store bought meat. You can even smell the difference. Also incorporating coconut oil in my diet and I'm trying to cut out Aspartane (sp?). Hard though because I love my coke zero!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
[quote=JMBM;16327360]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post

I have a lot reading/preparing to do. I love fresh eggs. We are building a barn this summer and I've already reserved a spot for a chicken coop. I just like the flavor of the farm raised eggs better also. They just taste richer. We are also going to start buying grass fed beef. It's amazing how different it taste compared to store bought meat. You can even smell the difference. Also incorporating coconut oil in my diet and I'm trying to cut out Aspartane (sp?). Hard though because I love my coke zero!
We raise a steer every couple of years for the freezer and it does make a difference. Also a couple of hogs if we can find some locally. Everything is better homegrown. DH has plowed our garden and is going over it every evening so it will be ready to plant this weekend. Fresh veggies coming soon.

Plus I just like chickens. I have 42 eggs in the incubator sitting on my dining table beside my laptop. Get to candle them in a few days and throw out the bad ones.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You are so right, I have lived in India and other places where water is so scarce, we are indeed fortunate. I try to remember that because my life is truly blessed.
My latest, atypical for us, domestic drama is a prime example of the consumerist lifestyle.

For the first time, I used one of the programmes in my new microwave (it relies on sensor technology rather than user input of ingredients/weights etc.). Let's just say that the potato didn't bake, it actually caught fire and was reduced to a charcoal nub. I have to say however that, despite the intense heat, the microwave didn't collapse, it didn't even trip the RCB.

The smoke damage is less than it might have been but the smell throughout the house is wretched.

So, I had nearer 550kcals than 350kcals for yesterday's DD, but my dinner incinerated and I had to improvise.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm so sorry about the domestic dramas. I love hearing about the chickens. I'm such and urban/suburban gal, but I had no idea so many people has hens at home. I don't even have a terrace on my apartment. We are having work done on the floor in the extra bedroom today so all of the contents are in the living room

The cats think it's fun. They are all perched on boxes.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Oh Carly, having work done on your home is an adventure! I'm sure your cats think it is great fun having boxes to climb! Hope things are back to normal soon.

Awesome boxing workout at boot camp this morning. Wishing I could go home and back to bed! DD today, so I'm drinking lemon water right now.

Have a great day everyone!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #258

SlowSure... it never rains but what it pours! Sorry about you incinerated potato.

I have just eaten a 200 cals worth of mashed potato and Frank's hot sauce. It is so cold out today and I did 2 classes back to back at the gym so comfort food was called for. I think this is going to be a potato day. Long time since I did one.

I get fresh eggs from a friend when I am in Devon, but up here it is just the best free range I can find. When I was very young my parents kept chickens, just post wartime. They had one 'Pullet' and I had the little eggs it used to lay. Thought I was very special.

I just looked up Pullet, and it seems to be a generic term for a young hen. So this was different, a small breed of some kind. It was much littler that the other hens I remember.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-21-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Just saying hello. Very full life at the moment - first time as writer/director on a short film. New kind of nervousness and happiness.
Just wanted to say that I love richness of the day-to-day stuff here, even the yucky stuff. And the chicken discussion is fascinating. Pale grocery store eggs are a drag.
Happy day, everyone.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #260

How exciting Kristin. It is lovely to see your smile here. Enjoy your lovely life.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Just saying hello. Very full life at the moment - first time as writer/director on a short film. New kind of nervousness and happiness.
Just wanted to say that I love richness of the day-to-day stuff here, even the yucky stuff. And the chicken discussion is fascinating. Pale grocery store eggs are a drag.
Happy day, everyone.
How exciting!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Hi Kristin. Best wishes for your film project.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Happy day, everyone.
Sounds exciting!!Congratulations and don't forget to have fun!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-21-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
I know I'm new (day 10 I think)and I know I'm not going to lose as fast as when I was lcing but does this seem ok to you all???I dont feel like Im going anywhere at the moment.Feel stuck???
Starting JUDDD at 171.2-Marchs Goal 165
3/12 DD weight-171.2-transitioning from LC to JUDDD
3/13 UD weight-169.9-down some after 1st DD
3/14-DD weight-171.2-Not suprised after eating vlc for weeks
3/15-UD weight-169.9-yoyoing??
3/16-DD weight-169.9-NO Bounce
3/17-UD weight-169.5 small loss
3/18-DD weight-170.8 Hhhmmm,1/2 a bucket of salty movie theatre popcorn??
3/19-UD weight-168.9- lost almost 2.5lbs for week 1
3/20-DD weight-170.9 and its goooone...lol
3/21-UD weight-168.8
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

I am losing at a rate of about 3 lbs a month, sometimes less, so it seems ok to me. I have started walking and counting my UDs, which I wasn't doing in the beginning and I seem to be losing a little bit better now. My entire mood and outlook have improved dramatically over these four months, which is the most wonderful thing of all!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #266

Love how positive you are now Cindy, I really notice it in your posts too. You are a true JUDDD convert.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Still playing "catch-up" on everyone's post but just have time for a quickie..excuse the change in topics, but I'm really excited about this. (copying from my post on the golden agers)

Gotta make a post with a recommendation...for the Keurig coffee makers. Yesterday at the PX I bought the coffee cups for the Keurig...you know, the off-brand one like you see on TV, I'm not going to give the brand name, but they are absolutely wonderful!!!!!!

They fit into the regular slot in the coffee maker, not like the K-cup that you have to take the thingie out to insert your own coffee into the basket. If you have a Keurig, you know what I mean and sometimes the thingie is very difficult to take out for a woman who has arthur itis visiting the hands. They're a finer mesh than than the branded one and come four in a package so you can make up several cups for your favorite brand of coffee...needless to say, I love 'em and highly recommend them.

I'm fortunate in that some stores in my area stock the "as seen on TV" products so you don't have the added expense of shipping and having to deal with the "wait, for a few dollars more you can have...." Even if you're thinking of picking up one of these coffee makers/dispensers, you might consider picking these up, too.

I found these just after I stocked up on my favorite K-cups (slapping the back of the head NCIS style) Duh! So I'm well stocked on coffee for a long time. If you do use other brands of coffee, remember to grind it a little finer than it comes for the drip makers...

We now return to our regular programming...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #268

I wish I had any idea of what that all meant Mary... no Keurig coffee maker in the UK. But now you've got me wishing there was.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
My Keurig
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Cindy, sorry you're deprived in the U.K. without a Keurig coffee maker. It's a single cup coffee maker that has hit the U.S. and is changing the way we think about making coffee. Of course, there are other brands here, too, and each has its own type of "basket" or device to hold the coffee grounds. I bought one a few months ago when I got tired of having leftover coffee after three or four days....a day or two is okay to my tastes as I turn the heat off after it's made and then just nuke it to heat the coffee. But the price of the coffee cups are much, much higher than buying a pound of coffee so the per cup price is more than fifty cents which is too much in my opinion.

I like the taste of a fresh cup so thought it was a good thing and worth the cost...but bought the Keurig brand of the diy cups but it's a bit messy and like I said, sometimes difficult to use...these are so much better.

My apologies again as I thought the Keurig was available everywhere...just goes to show ya' doesn't...maybe they'll be there soon.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote