Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Kissa-
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I always thought white eggs came from white chickens and brown eggs came from brown chickens!
(Chocolate milk must come from chocolate cows, eh?)

The yolk color (and firmness/strength) comes from what they eat, right? Like eggs from chickens that are healthy & have a varied diet have yolks that don't break easily, and are a darker yellow/orange than chickens that just eat grains. I've heard you can make the yolks darker by feeding the chickens marigold petals.

It annoys me that egg cartons at the grocery store *brag* about vegetarian chickens! Or a 4-grain diet! Or a protein-rich soy diet!!! I would like eggs from chickens that eat bugs, please!!!
You would love my hens that scratch around in the hay in the goat pens to get to the bugs underneath. They are scratching fools. They love grasshoppers. We have many grasshoppers but if one catches a GH all the others want that very one. Silly chickens.
I think my darkest yolks are when the girls are eating a lot of fresh green grass or plant matter so I can see flowers helping. I pick grass for the ones that never leave the yard. They have me trained. They also get clabbered milk.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Such interesting chicken talk! I've always wanted to have chickens myself, but I have the feeling it's frowned upon by my HOA. Oh well.

Cindy, sounds like your whole house is going on strike!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #214

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am starting to unwind now... with a cup of tea.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Carly--
or tell them you're not losing weight, but lifting weights or doing Pilates or something and just getting more toned?

Or, as the young kids say these days,
"Don't worry about it."

as in....
"Who were you talking to do?" "Don't worry about it."
"What are you doing?" "Don't worry about it."
"What has it got in its pocketses?" "Don't worry about it."
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Gosh, Kissa, you've had a full weekend. I hope things get patched up and stay that way for a while.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Carly--
or tell them you're not losing weight, but lifting weights or doing Pilates or something and just getting more toned?

Or, as the young kids say these days,
"Don't worry about it."

as in....
"Who were you talking to do?" "Don't worry about it."
"What are you doing?" "Don't worry about it."
"What has it got in its pocketses?" "Don't worry about it."
One of my son's best buds does this, it is so infuriating!!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I know... and I'm gonna change it back pretty soon. I don't really like this one
They both look great, but my favorite is the closer up one only because your face is just so darn cute!

Kissa - and bottoms up, Toots!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
By the way it sounds-Maybe it should have been Irish coffee.... Hope things are looking up now!
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
One of my son's best buds does this, it is so infuriating!!!
It drove me nuts at first--I thought my son was talking back to me, but then I noticed he & his friends said it to each other, and I started saying it to them, and it can get pretty funny.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Cindy, what a nightmare!
I hope it's all over now!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #222

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
It drove me nuts at first--I thought my son was talking back to me, but then I noticed he & his friends said it to each other, and I started saying it to them, and it can get pretty funny.
When Keira starts questioning why I'm doing something a certain way (and only when I'm being impatient), I say, "Worry about you and let me worry about me!" Sort of like "Don't worry about it," I guess.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
You would love my hens that scratch around in the hay in the goat pens to get to the bugs underneath. They are scratching fools. They love grasshoppers. We have many grasshoppers but if one catches a GH all the others want that very one. Silly chickens.
I think my darkest yolks are when the girls are eating a lot of fresh green grass or plant matter so I can see flowers helping. I pick grass for the ones that never leave the yard. They have me trained. They also get clabbered milk.
I've been wanting chickens for a month now. I was looking at the New Hampshire Reds? I like the pretty red hens. I have to get coop/feeding supplies/etc... I love fresh farm eggs. We have several cats in the neighborhood so I'm a little concerned about that. I have a lot more research to do, but hope to have some chicks soon or maybe next year. That would give me plenty of time to get prepared.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have barn cats and never had a problem. DH even accidently locked a feral cat up in the metal building where I was brooding a batch during the winter and he didn't bother the baby chicks.. Thank goodness since I had bought the fertile eggs and had them shipped to me. Maybe he wasn't hungry since I put out goat milk for the feral cats that live in the barn down the road.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin....

May have a drink now, even though it is a Down Day.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Cindy I'm so sorry you've been having so much trouble with plumbing, etc. Life is not happy without plumbing and electricity. I hope you get it all sorted out and maybe get a remodel in the process! Hit up the insurance people.

Adi, I love all this chicken talk. I almost bought some duck eggs from a vendor at the flea market yesterday, but I was too chicken. I've never eaten them and just have a weird, silly issue, but I think I could get over it. I asked the man, "What's the difference in taste between chicken and duck eggs?" And he said, "Nothing much, but duck eggs taste better." I tried to buy a dozen but he didn't have change and I ended up not going back to get them.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I almost bought some duck eggs from a vendor at the flea market yesterday, but I was too chicken. I've never eaten them and just have a weird, silly issue, but I think I could get over it.
Duck eggs are yummy. Turkey eggs taste, in my opinion, like chicken eggs, they're just bigger. Like, maybe 2 chicken eggs. I cook them the same as I'd cook chicken eggs, although I've never hard boiled them.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I love eggs, but a huge turkey egg is just too weird, I don't know if I could eat it. Just cracking one open and seeing that huge yolk would freak me out I think. Lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Yesterday was my worst ever DD (approx. 700kcals). The domestic drama continues as OH helpfully tried to fix the washing machine for me (it flooded the kitchen yesterday). Now, he's sleep-walking practically as he's just back from a very tiring business trip and had been putting in 80+hr weeks for months before he left for it. He was also expecting to have his new post confirmed yesterday and it was quite a body-blow when he was told that despite previous assurances, that now won't happen until mid-April. It will probably be OK but it was the last news he needed after his extraordinary professional effort.

So, he flooded the kitchen another 3x and then left for work. I'm vacuuming up the water, drying things and trying to ignore the fruit jellies.

I'm feeling guilty as Kissa is coping with far worse domestic problems. However, I'm completely fed-up.

I needed that vent. Thank you. (I can't vent at my OH, he feels awful and it wouldn't be fair.)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #230

to Cindy and Slow . . . there's nothing worse than dealing with household problems.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #231

I think you are doing very well Slow, we are retired and have time to get things sorted, so it is easier for us. Feeling your frustration and DH's disappointment.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Yesterday was my worst ever DD (approx. 700kcals). The domestic drama continues as OH helpfully tried to fix the washing machine for me (it flooded the kitchen yesterday). Now, he's sleep-walking practically as he's just back from a very tiring business trip and had been putting in 80+hr weeks for months before he left for it. He was also expecting to have his new post confirmed yesterday and it was quite a body-blow when he was told that despite previous assurances, that now won't happen until mid-April. It will probably be OK but it was the last news he needed after his extraordinary professional effort.

So, he flooded the kitchen another 3x and then left for work. I'm vacuuming up the water, drying things and trying to ignore the fruit jellies.

I'm feeling guilty as Kissa is coping with far worse domestic problems. However, I'm completely fed-up.

I needed that vent. Thank you. (I can't vent at my OH, he feels awful and it wouldn't be fair.)
Sorry you're having to deal with this, SS. I was wondering what does OH stand for? One Husband?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Many things...

Carly - thanks! He's delightful although can be a rotten individual too sometimes!

I thought about letting my chickens out yesterday afternoon while we worked in our pasture but they were already starting to roost so I left them. Maybe today while I finish our new fence, so they're supervised. I worry about them being snatched by eagles.

We did let out our Jersey calves into the big field last night. The horses were interested but moved on quickly. The older calves were a little more into it. Funny stuff watching them stretch their legs and run around like they could not in their smaller pen. We're splitting our pasture in 1/2 and the big calves are "stuck" on the wrong side of the fence...except that we've only got about 1/2 of it up and they're not smart enough to walk around to the open end.

Just found out that my husband, who works for a Federal law enforcement agency, might not actually be eligible for the mandatory furlough because he's a veteran. We're pretty sensible with our money so it would not have been the tragedy for us that it is for some other families but its sure nice to know. Big relief!!!

I'm at home today with a semi-sick kidlet. No contact with the outside world...can you tell?

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #234

That would be Other Half?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
lol i was thinking "Other Husband"!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #236

I think OH (other half) and SO (significant other) can be used interchangeably.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
lol i was thinking "Other Husband"!!!
Me, too!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I live in the middle of a hay field surrounded by farms here!! lol!! I wash dishes watching barn cats play. I sit on the back porch and watch the cows! We dont have any animals other than a cat and dog. A friend of ours just got goats and chickens. Goats to make soap and chickens because they get alot of ants....the chickens are great for ridding of them they said! Our one neighbor did have a few goats but got rid of them when the one male chased the neighbors wife back into her car and was head butting the door then ate the cables off the trailor hitch to her car....she flipped out and the goats were gone!! lol!!! They have a few long horn cows at the moment and the one finally got pregnant so whoo hooo we can watch that grow up too!!

update on the dentist: He removed the stitch the other day and it was an instant heal! The stitch was way to tight and pulled down in the gum (tooth hole). It wasnt infected (yet!) but the stitch was in an ackward way that it was collecting food that I couldnt rinse or brush out because it was so deep in the tooth hole. He said the dry socket was also due to this, because the stitch knot wouldnt allow for anything to heal and because of that I lost that blood clot I needed to stay in there to start the healing........either way.......sooooo relieved!! I cant beleive how much pain I was in from a stitch!! I told him even vicodin wasnt touching the pain! He apologized and admitted it was his fault with the stitch!! I like him so I forgave him lol!!! I just got back from getting my two teeth filled. I had 2 cavities too, but once my mouth comes back from the numbing effect I should be good to go!!!

I also decided to switch gynies and I now have an appointment for march 29th to have my armpit looked at. The lump went away after I was on antibodics for my tooth....but I have this whole princess and the pea thing going on now....I can feel something there but I cant feel it so to say...Its uncomfortable, if I lean or if something brushes against it....so I am gonna go get it looked at with a different doc and bring up concerns I have that my other doc doesnt seem to want to listen too! Maybe I can get me straightened out! I keep saying I might have PCOS because of symptoms and things like that but my doc says no then moves on......doesnt look at anything nor seem to care. Now my sisters have it along with cystic breasts and I have to wonder if that isnt an issue going on with me. I asked my one sister and she said thats how it started out with her, something then nothing then something again with the feeling in her boob. She said she is now to the point of cysts everywhere and ready to have boobs and uterus/ovaries all pull and cut out. EKKKK!!! Well not just my sister, every woman in my family suffers from PCOS and cystic boobs I found out!!

WOW I talked alot!!! lol!!! I better go and do something around the house...dont want to waste my day off on the pc!! Thought it would be nice, I just cant without feeling guilty!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 03-19-2013 at 12:43 PM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Tanya I have PCOS and the main symptoms I have is very, very, irregular periods with heavy bleeding and cramping as well as unwanted facial hair. I am prone to high blood glucose, which has been normal for the most part since JUDDDing. I see the endo tonight though, so I'll get a new report about the blood glucose and PCOS soon. A past endo said it may be hard to get pregnant. I hope not since I'll be wanting to soon, but I haven't been in a position, IYKWIM, to wind up pregnant in almost 20 yrs so I have no clue...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Tanya I have PCOS and the main symptoms I have is very, very, irregular periods with heavy bleeding and cramping as well as unwanted facial hair. I am prone to high blood glucose, which has been normal for the most part since JUDDDing. I see the endo tonight though, so I'll get a new report about the blood glucose and PCOS soon. A past endo said it may be hard to get pregnant. I hope not since I'll be wanting to soon, but I haven't been in a position, IYKWIM, to wind up pregnant in almost 20 yrs so I have no clue...
Carly that is me! I can go 2-7 months with no period at all then when I finally get it, it lasts months! Last year I had to have a d&c to stop it after 3 months of very, very heavy bleeding. It was horrible, seriously passed out one day at work it was so bad. I complain to my doc about the facial hair all the time too! I am always plucking, shaving, waxing you name it....and its not just my face......, its chest region, belly region, toes....I am half man I believe! My hair fails out in ungodly amounts just from running my fingers through it let alone brushing it, acne issues.....You name it its there!! I also have fibroids which my doc even said is a small connection but he's not worried about it because as he said I am prob perimenapausal and that more my issue......uggghhh..I would believe it if I havent suffered this for years now. I do have two kids they are 10 and half months apart, but they were both premies and I was bed ridden through most of my pregnancies due to bleeding and cramping and early labor signs...which I found out is an issue with some women that have PCOS. I learned so much about it through my sisters when they were found to have it.

My doc told me last year after my d&c, that if I exercise and lose weight it would help and so on......well I have done both and no change! I have learned to live with all this, I am at a point of just wanting a doctor to say....its not in my head! or even...I beleive you! lol!!!

Hoping the new gynie will be a good thing. I am going with a woman this time, and she is younger, so crossing my fingers!!!

Carly- I wanted to add in....pregnancy with PCOS isnt a never gonna happen thing.....Both of my sisters have had kids. My youngest sister, who was diagnosed early in her teens with PCOS, had one child (later she thought she couldnt get pregnant and surprize!). My other sister has 2 and her PCOS wasnt found until she tried to get pregnant with her second and was having probs, but still did get pregnant. I have 3 beautiful neices and nephew from them so its not impossible!!! I am sure it will happen for you! Just start drinking orange juice before you try to concieve!!!! Gosh I am so excited for you!!! Babies are awesome!!! Its the teenage years that can try the patiance of a saint!!!

Last edited by krow134; 03-19-2013 at 04:23 PM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote