Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We really enjoyed it Carly. My DD1 was so excited, she kept telling us how this was 'before' the Wizard of Oz. Her DH isn't even as bright at as her and they were both entranced by it. (Me too)
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That sounds lovely, Cindy. I know bf would enjoy it too. We are watching The Hobbit tonight.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I love all thing Wizard or Oz! I thought Wicked (on broadway) was awesome and I loved the book Was.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Hi all. Last day of my Spring Break. Downer.
But I loaded my incubator with 42 hopefully fertile eggs and on April 6 I should have chicks hatching. The incubator is sitting on the table beside my computer so I can keep an eye on the temp and humidity. Gave up on my stupid hens that are just wasting time. Like I even need more chickens BUT they tend to not always live that long so I need backups.

Windy but nice today. Have accomplished a few things since I have more energy today than yesterday. Have no idea why I felt so drained but glad it went away.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 03-17-2013 at 02:20 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Hi all. Last day of my Spring Break. Downer.
But I loaded my incubator with 42 hopefully fertile eggs and on April 6 I should have chicks hatching. The incubator is sitting on the table beside my computer so I can keep an eye on the temp and humidity. Gave up on my stupid hens that are just wasting time. Like I even need more chickens BUT they tend to not always live that long so I need backups.

Windy but nice today. Have accomplished a few things since I have more energy today than yesterday. Have no idea why I felt so drained but glad it went away.
Oh, I'm so jealous of all of you who have cute farm type animals- I want chicks and kids!!!!!

So here is my issue JBs... I'm starting to lie a little. People are nagging me about losing too much weight and not losing any more. I keep saying... well, I don't know why you think I'm losing, because I'm just maintaing, but the truth is I've loss 3 pounds in less than 6 weeks and my skin must be tightening because my clothes are getting looser. I don't want to lie, but I can't deal with being bugged about it. I'm not trying to lose it's just cellular rearrangement as Nancy used to say. It's not nice to fib, but I'm probably gonna keep doing it.<insert devious smiley>

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Carly, you go girl! It's none of their business if you lose more or not. And yea for tighter skin!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Carly, you go girl! It's none of their business if you lose more or not. And yea for tighter skin!!
Thanks- your right- it's none of their bees wax!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed

Honestly, I second what Sher said. People are so difficult! They $%#^@ when you're too fat, they $%#^@ when you're too skinny. Like if they can't have success they don't want you to have success.
I love to hear the skin tightening! That makes me so happy for you and also to for all of us worried about post weight loss flabby skin.
Maybe just tell them you're slowly getting your clothes tailored to fit your new svelt self, and that gives the illusion of more weight loss? That's a fib too...
Eh, tell 'em to bugger off! <-- Probably not that.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't had anyone tell me not to lose an ymore weight so I just keep chipping away. And I agree it really isn't anyone's business but I think people see it as a sort of compliment.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post

Honestly, I second what Sher said. People are so difficult! They $%#^@ when you're too fat, they $%#^@ when you're too skinny. Like if they can't have success they don't want you to have success.
I love to hear the skin tightening! That makes me so happy for you and also to for all of us worried about post weight loss flabby skin.
Maybe just tell them you're slowly getting your clothes tailored to fit your new svelt self, and that gives the illusion of more weight loss? That's a fib too...
Eh, tell 'em to bugger off
! <-- Probably not that.
the situation just lends itself to fibbing. I think I'm OK with that. Otherwise I'm very honest.

Quote:
I haven't had anyone tell me not to lose an ymore weight so I just keep chipping away. And I agree it really isn't anyone's business but I think people see it as a sort of compliment.
Yes, your probably right, but "Hey- you look great!" would work for me...
Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Adi - can I ask you a chicken question?

I hope you dont mind.
So we have 4 birds, they're about 15 months old. Bought them about 6 weeks before they started to lay. 2 Rhode Island reds, 1 white leghorn & 1 arancana (or however that's spelled). The Arancana has been kind of a dud from the get go - last to start laying, not as productive and her eggs are beige - huge bummer. Anyhow...
We had the predicted slow down for winter, NBD. But now someone is laying really soft eggs. They're a light brown with dark brown speckles and look nothing like any of the eggs that are laid "normal". They're super soft & squishy, almost like when they're first laid but they never harden. If we get to them before someone steps on them, they're usable but you peel the shell instead of cracking it. However most of the time someone steps on them before we get to them and they end up squashed.
I added oyster shells as forage and mixed in with their crumbles (Purina brand) about 6 weeks ago (they also get all our scraps right now as we're between batches of pigs). I thought it was getting better - we didn't have soft eggs for a while and had eggs we could ID as being from everyone. But someone is doing it again. I suspect its the arancana but the only way to know for sure would be to separate them. Obviously its not the leghorn but...
I'm seriously over it and I'm more than happy to throw her in the stew pot but I'd like to try something if its an easy fix. My dad has way too many chickens and ends up bringing us eggs all the time, he's offered to give us 3-4 of his birds, and I'd like to get some more chicks this year too.
Any ideas on what might be going on? I've tried some quick google searches but nothing looks like what my girl(s) is/are doing.
Thanks!!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a calcium deficiency. I save all of my egg shells, crush them and feed them back to the chickens. I end up with shells so hard they are super hard to crack. That said even with all of the extra calcium I have a couple of brownish eggs every week that still have less than stellar shell hardness. But they are not soft. The Easter Eggers take longer to mature so start laying later and their eggs are quite small for a long time and some stay that way. If the Ameraucana's do not have slate colored legs they are a mix. Green legs had a yellow legged parent crossed with a dark legged parent. More than you wanted to know I am sure.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

So interesting, but so out of my skill set
I just thought all hens laid white eggs with hard shells...
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #194

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
So here is my issue JBs... I'm starting to lie a little. People are nagging me about losing too much weight and not losing any more. I keep saying... well, I don't know why you think I'm losing, because I'm just maintaing, but the truth is I've loss 3 pounds in less than 6 weeks and my skin must be tightening because my clothes are getting looser. I don't want to lie, but I can't deal with being bugged about it. I'm not trying to lose it's just cellular rearrangement as Nancy used to say. It's not nice to fib, but I'm probably gonna keep doing it.<insert devious smiley>
I agree with you and everyone else here. None of anyone's business. Many are jealous. Some are nosy. Others mean well, but are uncomfortable with you changing. You know you're healthy and getting tighter. Tell 'em whatever you have to to preserve your privacy and not get muddled up by their perceptions. I'm so happy to hear about the tightening and the "reorganizing". Woohooooo!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds like a calcium deficiency. I save all of my egg shells, crush them and feed them back to the chickens. I end up with shells so hard they are super hard to crack. That said even with all of the extra calcium I have a couple of brownish eggs every week that still have less than stellar shell hardness. But they are not soft. The Easter Eggers take longer to mature so start laying later and their eggs are quite small for a long time and some stay that way. If the Ameraucana's do not have slate colored legs they are a mix. Green legs had a yellow legged parent crossed with a dark legged parent. More than you wanted to know I am sure.
Thanks. Someone else recommended that to me a while ago but I wasn't having problems so I didn't do it. Will start tomorrow morning.

After some sleuthing I think its one of the Reds. I'll have to check out the legs on the Amerauncana. The only reason I got her was for the blue/green eggs for my son. I thought he'd like that.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Carly--
or tell them you're not losing weight, but lifting weights or doing Pilates or something and just getting more toned?

Or, as the young kids say these days,
"Don't worry about it."

as in....
"Who were you talking to do?" "Don't worry about it."
"What are you doing?" "Don't worry about it."
"What has it got in its pocketses?" "Don't worry about it."
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have a variety of colors in my eggs. They are very pretty. Need to take a picture for you. Light cream to dark brown and all shades in between plus green. I don't have any chckens that lay white eggs. I like COLOR.

Last edited by adillenal; 03-17-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a variety of colors in my eggs. They are very pretty. Need to take a picture for you. Light cream to dark brown and all shades in between plus green. I don't have any chckens that lay white eggs. I like COLOR.
My white layer is my best layer. I want to expand my flock! I wish I could let them free range but we have bald eagles in our woods and they circle our pen. Between the eagles & the Golden Retrievers - I'd be minus 1 hen per day if I did that. But I do want more color too!!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
When I was a child and we had no supermarkets, we used to buy our eggs at a market stall. There were white eggs and brown eggs. I asked my Mum what was the difference and she said none at all except that the brown ones were more expensive.We always bought white ones!

So pervasive was the myth that brown eggs are better, that nowadays you never see white ones in supermarkets - I understand they can even put stuff in the chicken feed to ensure brown shells!

DH once brought home some "proper" home-grown eggs and a couple were white. My children were fascinated because they'd never seen a white egg!

Imagine my surprise when I saw Carly's post. The food industry sure leads us all by the nose!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Carly--
or tell them you're not losing weight, but lifting weights or doing Pilates or something and just getting more toned?

Or, as the young kids say these days,
"Don't worry about it."

as in....
"Who were you talking to do?" "Don't worry about it."
"What are you doing?" "Don't worry about it."
"What has it got in its pocketses?" "Don't worry about it."

Quote:
They look lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
When I was a child and we had no supermarkets, we used to buy our eggs at a market stall. There were white eggs and brown eggs. I asked my Mum what was the difference and she said none at all except that the brown ones were more expensive.We always bought white ones!

So pervasive was the myth that brown eggs are better, that nowadays you never see white ones in supermarkets - I understand they can even put stuff in the chicken feed to ensure brown shells!

DH once brought home some "proper" home-grown eggs and a couple were white. My children were fascinated because they'd never seen a white egg!

Imagine my surprise when I saw Carly's post. The food industry sure leads us all by the nose!
Well here in NY they are all white. Every now and then there is a small section with brown ones, but no one buys those

The food industry must be having fun at our expense...

Last edited by Carly; 03-17-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Chickens are fun to raise. Colorof the egg is dependent on the breed of chicken. The black coppper marans lay chocolate brown eggs, Buff Orphingtons lay light brown and so forth. I have a bunch of different breeds since I like to experiment.
And for some reason brown are more expensive in the store. Mine are free range so the yolks are really more orange than yellow. I have happy chickens.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Chickens are fun to raise. Colorof the egg is dependent on the breed of chicken. The black coppper marans lay chocolate brown eggs, Buff Orphingtons lay light brown and so forth. I have a bunch of different breeds since I like to experiment.
And for some reason brown are more expensive in the store. Mine are free range so the yolks are really more orange than yellow. I have happy chickens.
The yolk color depends on the mental health or mood of the chicken?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

The Great Egg-speriment

I was having a discussion with some other people (a while back) about brown vs white eggs. And what it really was, we decided, was store bought vs farm fresh eggs. Farm fresh tend to be brown, store bought tend to be white. Farm fresh >>> store bought so people think brown >>> white.

So, being the gigantic nerd that I am, here's what I did with that:

The Great Egg-speriment

I hope this works, I changed the settings so it should be public and viewable even if you don't have Facebook. Its best viewed on the slideshow format so that you may read the captions on the photos.

Yes, I do have too much time on my hands, thanks for asking.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The yolk color depends on the mental health or mood of the chicken?
They are happy (I think) when they are allowed to roam around and scratch in the hay and eat bugs and green plants. That is free range. They have a chicken yard but can easily squeeze through the square panels or fly over so they roam around all day and come back to the chicken house in the evening to roost. The lazy ones that never leave the pen have light yellow yolks the others have orange yolks from their added food items they eat. So I consider all of them happy since they can chose to roam or not. Their pen borders on a goat pen with a livestock guardian dog so they are safe and we have never had anything swoop down from the sky to get them. Guess the hawks are afraid of the dog too. Maybe we are just lucky. Most do come into the henhouse to lay their eggs but I also have to gather eggs from the hay bale in one goat pen and the calf feeder. But I don't mind.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
They are happy (I think) when they are allowed to roam around and scratch in the hay and eat bugs and green plants. That is free range. They have a chicken yard but can easily squeeze through the square panels or fly over so they roam around all day and come back to the chicken house in the evening to roost. The lazy ones that never leave the pen have light yellow yolks the others have orange yolks from their added food items they eat. So I consider all of them happy since they can chose to roam or not. Their pen borders on a goat pen with a livestock guardian dog so they are safe and we have never had anything swoop down from the sky to get them. Guess the hawks are afraid of the dog too. Maybe we are just lucky. Most do come into the henhouse to lay their eggs but I also have to gather eggs from the hay bale in one goat pen and the calf feeder. But I don't mind.
So interesting!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I was having a discussion with some other people (a while back) about brown vs white eggs. And what it really was, we decided, was store bought vs farm fresh eggs. Farm fresh tend to be brown, store bought tend to be white. Farm fresh >>> store bought so people think brown >>> white.

So, being the gigantic nerd that I am, here's what I did with that:

The Great Egg-speriment

I hope this works, I changed the settings so it should be public and viewable even if you don't have Facebook. Its best viewed on the slideshow format so that you may read the captions on the photos.

Yes, I do have too much time on my hands, thanks for asking.

he is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #207

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin....

Got the cellar sorted on Thursday. (This after 5 months of the builders using it as work space and have one wall damp proofed and replastered.)

Collected DD1 and her DH on Friday. Nice day on Saturday, cinema in the afternoon and friends in for dinner. Strangely flashing lights during the evening.

Overnight Sat/Sun the electricity for the whole of our street went off. Most of our water is pumped above the ground floor. So no showers or flushing loo except on the ground floor. No heating again.

Happily we had been invited out for Sunday lunch. Just before we went out I popped down to the cellar, where I found 3 inches of water over the whole floor. Turn off water at mains, so now no water anywhere.

I have neighbours relying on stairlift and electric beds so I guess I shouldn't moan.

The electricity finally came back on at 9.30 in the evening. We'd had candlelit drinks in the bedroom with the neighbour with the stairlift, then went over the the pub...needed to be near working loos. Too much wine and pizza.

We were finally able to turn the water back on this morning. Have had the plumbers here all day with wet/dry vacs and trying to get to the bottom of the water issue. Think they have it traced now to an issue with the central heating system.

Have just got home from taking the 'kids' home.

May have a drink now, even though it is a Down Day.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin....
May have a drink now, even though it is a Down Day.
Much sympathy. Because it's a DD I'm having enough trouble coping with the washing machine flooding for once (unusual, it's a well-tempered machine, by and large) and that I've had to use a wet and dry on the kitchen floor and start the dehumidifier running.

Now, I definitely know that I've nothing to complain about relative to you - and I still want to sit down with a box of fruit jellies.

Look after yourself this evening

Last edited by SlowSure; 03-18-2013 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: typo
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I always thought white eggs came from white chickens and brown eggs came from brown chickens!
(Chocolate milk must come from chocolate cows, eh?)

The yolk color (and firmness/strength) comes from what they eat, right? Like eggs from chickens that are healthy & have a varied diet have yolks that don't break easily, and are a darker yellow/orange than chickens that just eat grains. I've heard you can make the yolks darker by feeding the chickens marigold petals.

It annoys me that egg cartons at the grocery store *brag* about vegetarian chickens! Or a 4-grain diet! Or a protein-rich soy diet!!! I would like eggs from chickens that eat bugs, please!!!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!