Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Well that's good! Glad you had a good time. I never did well when I showed my goats - bought them from someone who had Champs all the time, including some Nat'l Champs grade & saanen so never could figure that out but maybe I'm no good at showing them off to their potential.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
First diet coke, Now Bluebell ice cream?? Oh Adi I agree, Bluebell IS good! Have you ever tried the blackberry cobbler?? Omg to DIE for!
If you are going to make homemade though, with your own goats milk, that sounds wonderful!
OMGoodness, yesterday it was me and my cupcakes. Now its bluebell! I love bluebell, and I love blackberry cobbler so I'm in trouble. lol
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
And I got to my goal weight eating Blackberry Cobbler all last summer so there is hope.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I have some things I just want to try so badly...and I intend to just as soon as I can buy the ingredients. Chocolate frosting shots...coconut milk (or cream), cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetener. Chill coconut milk opened overnight in the fridge to thicken (or use coconut cream)...whip with tsp of vanilla, cocoa powder (don't have the exact amount written down yet) and sweetener of your choice. Here's another: coconut banana butter on baked sweet potatoes! Mix coconut butter (artisana, nutvia or homemade) with a ripe mashed banana...spread over hot baked sweet potato and sprinkle with cinnamon. CANNOT WAIT!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
And I got to my goal weight eating Blackberry Cobbler all last summer so there is hope.
Yay! I'm going have to look for the bluebell bb cobbler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I have some things I just want to try so badly...and I intend to just as soon as I can buy the ingredients. Chocolate frosting shots...coconut milk (or cream), cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetener. Chill coconut milk opened overnight in the fridge to thicken (or use coconut cream)...whip with tsp of vanilla, cocoa powder (don't have the exact amount written down yet) and sweetener of your choice. Here's another: coconut banana butter on baked sweet potatoes! Mix coconut butter (artisana, nutvia or homemade) with a ripe mashed banana...spread over hot baked sweet potato and sprinkle with cinnamon. CANNOT WAIT!!
Oh goodness sounds yummy.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Mmmm sweet potatoes....
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Holy smokes, I don't remember that. Why have I not seen this in the stores? I do recall seeing that when visiting their creamery, but ... oh, I gotta look in the stores this weekend!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
VL, it has real pieces of pie crust in it. I bought it from the grocery store one time and after checking out, went over to the soup bar and got a spoon, and then ate it in the car on the way home
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
What about the new Red Velvet Cake? Pieces of cake in it. Oh and the new Lemon Bliss too. Bluebell is actually an evil company.
And I carry spoons in my car at all times. You know. Just in case.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What about the new Red Velvet Cake? Pieces of cake in it. Oh and the new Lemon Bliss too. Bluebell is actually an evil company.
I might have yo get a stock for my car.
Haven't tried these. My son offered me some of his red velvet cake the other day, but it was a DD and I knew 1 bite wasn't going to be enough.
BTW, I live 1 mile from the grocery store lol
Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I was going to make my chocolate frosting tonight and asked bf to pick up the ingredients. He bought coconut pieces in water! Never ask a man to do a woman's job.

Bluebell is on my grocery list now. I bet even he could find that!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:

Thanks for the spoon advice! Very wise!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh please not red velvet. Red velvet is just the most wonderful thing ever! That may have to be a shoot the moon UD for me to have that.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was going to make my chocolate frosting tonight and asked bf to pick up the ingredients. He bought coconut pieces in water! Never ask a man to do a woman's job.

Bluebell is on my grocery list now. I bet even he could find that!
Bless their little hearts. They mean well, but sometimes you're just better off doing it yourself. ha, ha
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just realized i have the ingredients for the chocolate frosting shots, dang, it will have to wait until my next UD since I've already had all my calories
Definitely going to make the sweet potatoes, yum!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Oh yeah got that broken tooth pulled tonight! Once it heals back to running and Juddd the proper way! It really was hard to eat right when your tooth nerve is exposed! Holy pain at the moment but Vicodin should kick in soon! I got 4 stitches to. He had to cut the gum to get a piece of tooth to be able to pull......yes it was that broken! I called off work for tomorrow. I am sure it will be a heating pad kinda day. Boss is mad but I don't much care! Told hubby she could fire me today and I would skip happily out the door! She is going to be madder soon when I make a few other doctor appointments an take a few more days off. But I have neglected myself far to long an need to do this for me! I found a lump under my left arm pit an want it checked. I am sure it's a cyst. Or might even be a lymph node from the tooth infection. The one on my neck is swollen right now too. But better safe than sorry so gonna have it checked! Actually I might place bets it's a lymph node. That tooth was very infected!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Oh yeah got that broken tooth pulled tonight! Once it heals back to running and Juddd the proper way! It really was hard to eat right when your tooth nerve is exposed! Holy pain at the moment but Vicodin should kick in soon! I got 4 stitches to. He had to cut the gum to get a piece of tooth to be able to pull......yes it was that broken! I called off work for tomorrow. I am sure it will be a heating pad kinda day. Boss is mad but I don't much care! Told hubby she could fire me today and I would skip happily out the door! She is going to be madder soon when I make a few other doctor appointments an take a few more days off. But I have neglected myself far to long an need to do this for me! I found a lump under my left arm pit an want it checked. I am sure it's a cyst. Or might even be a lymph node from the tooth infection. The one on my neck is swollen right now too. But better safe than sorry so gonna have it checked! Actually I might place bets it's a lymph node. That tooth was very infected!
I'm glad you got the tooth pulled! Yes take care of yourself! Everything else will sort itself out, but take care of yourself first
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Yee-ouch! Oh you poor thing! Owie owie owie!
You do need to take care of yourself and your boss can stick it in her ear if she doesn't get that. I realize, sometimes, easier said than done as ultimately we do need our paychecks. I'm lucky that my boss is pretty cool about that kinda stuff. Course, my boss is also my Dad so he's got a bit more vested interest in my staying in one piece than the usual boss-employee relationship
Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #79
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Ooh, sounds painful. I'm glad you got it taken care of. And yes, definitely get that lump checked out. Better to be safe!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tooth aches can make you feel so bad. It annoying when "stuff" happens to interfere with our progress. But at least it's over now and you can move forward!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #81

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Get yourself checked out. I'm going to worry about you until you KNOW it's an inflamed lymph node from infection, and not from any other cause.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
thanks everyone!

Dawn I am sure it something to do with the tooth. It all happened together. The tooth has been broken for little while and I knew it was infected but had to wait to deal with it, and once I felt the lymph node on my neck start, it wasnt long after that I could feel the one under my arm too. We got new insurance and my gynie of 20 years is getting ready to retire so I made an appointment this morning for a new gynie. I have to wait til April 8th for the appointment though....I am new and all.....which is fine! I need a check up anyways been a little over a year now! I am gonna try a woman doctor. Maybe a few things that concerned me over the years, she will listen to and I wont be blown off like I have been with mine for last couple years. All I wanted was my thyroid checked and to be checked for PCOS but nope he couldnt do it! Issues I have point to that direction but he doesnt think so!

On a good note....vicodin is finally working! I am glad I called off today too....I was up a hundred times last night. I kept rolling over to the sore side of my mouth and it would jolt me awake and I would have trouble falling back to sleep. Gonna nap here in a little bit....yeah!! lol!!

Last edited by krow134; 03-08-2013 at 08:26 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Ow! Get checked out- please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Get yourself checked out. I'm going to worry about you until you KNOW it's an inflamed lymph node from infection, and not from any other cause.
Me, too.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
VL, it has real pieces of pie crust in it. I bought it from the grocery store one time and after checking out, went over to the soup bar and got a spoon, and then ate it in the car on the way home
Oh. My.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #85

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
You guys.....you're killing me with all this ice cream talk. Ice cream has been a real downfall for me in the past. I've been known to stop at the nearby DQ many days in a row in times past. I did it until I became embarrassed that they would start noticing the fat lady who comes here EVERY DAY!

I think I'll have to try the BB Cobbler and the Lemon one. Those flavors call to me.....
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Just the word "cobbler" makes me all gooey inside.

Before I signed in here today, I jumped to the last (first) official page in this JUDDD forum. Read through a lot of the posts from people who'd I'd forgotten about. Also saw where Beeb was making great progress after switching over to JUDDD. Most still had this WOE in their profile siggy underneath the avatar, but haven't posted in a long time. In this forum, anyway.

I did find some yummy sounding Gluc pudding recipes that I think I'll try. I know there was a huge thread on those, but I had a hard time making heads or tails out of some of then. Ouizoid (sp?) seems to come up with the most amazing concoctions!

As I've kind of posted in the other threads, I don't think 5:2 is going to work for me. Tomorrow's weigh-in will give me a hint. I need to make JUDDD work for me because I adore it's simplicity. I'm also picking up reading again and find if I grab my Kindle soon after I get home and get immersed in reading, I'm okay (particularly on a DD day!). I need and want JUDDD to work for me again.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Just the word "cobbler" makes me all gooey inside.

Before I signed in here today, I jumped to the last (first) official page in this JUDDD forum. Read through a lot of the posts from people who'd I'd forgotten about. Also saw where Beeb was making great progress after switching over to JUDDD. Most still had this WOE in their profile siggy underneath the avatar, but haven't posted in a long time. In this forum, anyway.

I did find some yummy sounding Gluc pudding recipes that I think I'll try. I know there was a huge thread on those, but I had a hard time making heads or tails out of some of then. Ouizoid (sp?) seems to come up with the most amazing concoctions!

As I've kind of posted in the other threads, I don't think 5:2 is going to work for me. Tomorrow's weigh-in will give me a hint. I need to make JUDDD work for me because I adore it's simplicity. I'm also picking up reading again and find if I grab my Kindle soon after I get home and get immersed in reading, I'm okay (particularly on a DD day!). I need and want JUDDD to work for me again.
Have you pinpointed where/ what gets in your way? Is it something about UDs or about DDs? Is it a food choice that triggers you? If you kinda know what is getting in your way you may be able to address that piece since you've got the motivation and desire to JUDDD.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I dont always drink alcohol with lunch...

...But when I do, it's Hot Buttered Rum in an Irish pub. I am...not at all the most interesting anything in the world.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Anyhow, not a huge drinker, will partake rarely but Hot Buttered Rum was on the menu & its always intrigued me.
Holy cow, what an amazing concoction!! All I can hope is that noone else makes it like the Irish or I may have found my new go-to beverage. And I don't even want to know how many calories!!
Tomorrow is the authentic British tea - I love tea - and all the accompanying yummies - scones, crumpets, sandwiches, clotted cream (why do we not have clotted cream in the US?)
Then, sadly, back to reality & the scale. Yikes!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #89

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
You can get Devon clotted cream at Whole Foods.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You can get Devon clotted cream at Whole Foods.
I'm wondering what clotted cream is. I may visit whole foods today.