Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   March Newbies Chat Here (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798152-march-newbies-chat-here.html)

Carly 03-01-2013 05:57 AM

March Newbies Chat Here

:welcome: to all the new JUDDD Buds. Ask questions and get support here!

Lori_:) 03-01-2013 06:33 AM

Good Morning!!

I'm SO glad to have found this group! What a wonderful place for support and guidance!

I'm still on the fence about starting JUDDD this month. This is the last month of our boot camp weight loss challenge and I'm scared to sabotage my efforts so far. Can anyone let me know what your first month on JUDDD was like...as far as weight loss? I guess it depends on what you've been doing prior...I've been doing moderate carb for the most part. I guess I'm just afraid I'll have a huge bounce and not be able to deal with it. :dunno:

I'm planning a DD today and then an UD tomorrow as an experiment. I'm already starting March off on the wrong foot as the scale was up a 1/2 lb this morning. :mad:

This was a rather disjointed post, but I'll be happy for any suggestions or guidance you can offer. Maybe you'll just say "Shut up and just do it!" :rofl:

Have a great Friday!

Lori

Librarygirl 03-01-2013 07:12 AM

It all depends, Lori. Most of us lose slowly on JUDDD. The attraction of this WOE is that you get to eat without restrictions and to your maintenance level of calories EOD (every other day). It is *not* a WOE that promises quick weight loss, although some do lose rather quickly. Good luck and :welcome:

BaileysGirl 03-01-2013 07:21 AM

Ive got good news to report!! After last Friday nights margarita party, followed by a MD instead of a DD due to hangover/dehydration, I am back to last Fridays weight of 192!!! Sooo stoked about this! Happy March!

Lori_:) 03-01-2013 07:51 AM

Great news Natasha!! :high5:

Lori

tskb 03-01-2013 07:57 AM

Today I have been on JUDDD for almost 3 weeks and my scale finally dropped instead of bouncing between the same numbers. Yesterday really was my first successful DD as I didn't struggle with low calories and food did not consume my every thought! I think my journey has finally started! The amount of weight might not be much be truly at no time have I felt deprived of any food. I am still enjoying mexican food, chocolate cake and wine just to name a few.

Start 2/10/13 218.4
3/01/13 214.8

BaileysGirl 03-01-2013 08:01 AM

Thanks Lori!! :)

Sherri - isnt it great to be able to enjoy food and drink we love all while losing weight! :yummy: I'm so relieved to know I have a maintenance plan lined up with 5:2!!!

Lori_:) 03-01-2013 08:01 AM

Awesome Sherri! These are the kind of stories I'm looking for! I'm going to give it a go!

Lori

tskb 03-01-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaileysGirl (Post 16288068)
Thanks Lori!! :)

Sherri - isnt it great to be able to enjoy food and drink we love all while losing weight! :yummy: I'm so relieved to know I have a maintenance plan lined up with 5:2!!!

This is the most positive I have ever felt about an eating plan. Everything else I started I knew the day I started that I was not going to do it for life. I can't live without carbs and low calorie diets the more you lose the less you can have and what I love to eat doesn't fit into that lifestyle. Plus this is the first plan that doesn't effect BF eating either. My DD yesterday was string cheese in the morning and an apple at lunch which I wasn't starving to have it. Dinner was blackened shrimp salad that we both enjoyed which kept my calorie intact at 372 for the day. Best part is today I can actually celebrate the lose on the scale the way I want without it effecting my eating plan. :clap:

tskb 03-01-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori_:) (Post 16288069)
Awesome Sherri! These are the kind of stories I'm looking for! I'm going to give it a go!

Lori

Lori the DD was hard at first but truly it will click once your body gets used to it. I had a lot going on in February 3 funerals and fighting a head cold so I wasn't disappointed that I wasn't dropping because I really wasn't focused at all. I have heard it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust but when I started this WOE my weight NEVER went over my start weight and the numbers I was bouncing back and forth were between 217-216 which is 1-2lbs less than my start weight.

KeirasMom 03-01-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori_:) (Post 16287838)
Good Morning!!

I'm SO glad to have found this group! What a wonderful place for support and guidance!

I'm still on the fence about starting JUDDD this month. This is the last month of our boot camp weight loss challenge and I'm scared to sabotage my efforts so far. Can anyone let me know what your first month on JUDDD was like...as far as weight loss? I guess it depends on what you've been doing prior...I've been doing moderate carb for the most part. I guess I'm just afraid I'll have a huge bounce and not be able to deal with it. :dunno:

I'm planning a DD today and then an UD tomorrow as an experiment. I'm already starting March off on the wrong foot as the scale was up a 1/2 lb this morning. :mad:

This was a rather disjointed post, but I'll be happy for any suggestions or guidance you can offer. Maybe you'll just say "Shut up and just do it!" :rofl:

Have a great Friday!

Lori

I added carbs back and had an initial bounce up which came back down quickly. I guess it would depend on whether or not you plan on incorporating more carby foods. My first month I lost in weeks 1 and 2, gained in week 3, and lost again in week 4. Our bodies all work so differently that it's hard to predict what yours will do, but my best recommendation is to try it, at your calories from the calculator for both UDs and DDs, for a full month to get an idea of how it will work for you longer term. Good luck!

hot-in-texas 03-01-2013 10:13 AM

welcome Lori, I was on Atkins induction for a month when I started JUDDD. I lost 10 pounds on Atkins, but stalled after the 2nd week. I did not bounce after adding back in carbs. However, I didn't add large amounts of carbs at first-just some. Maybe went up to around 60-70 carbs a day that first week(but probably more, i did not count one carb since starting JUDDD, but i have stopped eating bread and pasta-except occasionally). I have eatne something with sugar almost every day since starting JUDDD. I lost around 8.5 pounds my first month on JUDDD, directly from Atkins induction. My second month I lost maybe a little more.

Lori_:) 03-01-2013 10:23 AM

Thank you so much everyone!! Such good advice and it gives me a good feeling to know you've all had great results!

I'm keeping it low today and will have an UD tomorrow..........here I go!

Thanks again!

Lori

Carly 03-01-2013 10:32 AM

Lori I lost fairly quickly. Many months about 10 pounds per month, but a few month less like when I went on vacation or such. I added carbs back right before a vacation so I don't really know what was the vacation bounce or the carb bounce, but it came off quickly. You don't have to raise carbs till you are ready so you can start Juddd and adjust carbs whenever.

hot-in-texas 03-01-2013 10:41 AM

:goodpost:
VLC and JUDDD might be a great combination because it will keep the hunger and crave monsters at bay!

Lori_:) 03-01-2013 10:53 AM

I'm actually doing pretty well today so far. I've been drinking lots of flavored hot tea(no sweetner) & black coffee.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay below 500c for the day or not. I did my hour long very strenuous boot camp this morning and burned lots of calories. If my head starts to feel "funny" I may have to eat a little extra. My body will adjust....I'm sure there will be a learning curve!

Lori

Missouri_Librarian 03-01-2013 11:19 AM

hello beautiful friends..:hugs:

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: woohoo on all this success I am reading...I am sooooooo happy for everyone :heart:

So excited to be with you guys and I am gearing up for Monday...I just know I can do this....:)

Have a beautiful Friday :love: Stacy

JMBM 03-01-2013 11:23 AM

Question: I am approaching the end of induction and was wondering if as my weight goes down if I should be going back to the calculator and plugging in my weight as it changes? Did it to see what it said and my numbers did show a fairly significant change. (100 cal or so). Just wondered if as you're losing if you have to repeatedly go back to the calculator and ajust? Also, I've been doing the 500 DD's so now that I'm completing induction do I need to go with the 350 that it's suggesting, or should I stick with the 500 as rule of thumb. Did have a loss of .3 so although it wasn't as much as it has been just wondered if that was a cue to adjust something? Thanks JUDDD BUDD's Down 4.1 lbs. so far.

pugluv9802 03-01-2013 11:26 AM

I think I am finally getting the DD. Wednesday was a success and today isn't bad. When I first started in Feb, on my DD I would go over the calorie count big time. But, I have maintained, so happy about that. The more you do the easier it gets. Love it!

KeirasMom 03-01-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16288630)
Question: I am approaching the end of induction and was wondering if as my weight goes down if I should be going back to the calculator and plugging in my weight as it changes? Did it to see what it said and my numbers did show a fairly significant change. (100 cal or so). Just wondered if as you're losing if you have to repeatedly go back to the calculator and ajust? Also, I've been doing the 500 DD's so now that I'm completing induction do I need to go with the 350 that it's suggesting, or should I stick with the 500 as rule of thumb. Did have a loss of .3 so although it wasn't as much as it has been just wondered if that was a cue to adjust something? Thanks JUDDD BUDD's Down 4.1 lbs. so far.

I adjusted my calories only when my loss slowed down. For me, it was about every 25 pounds or so, but I had a LOT to lose.

If you're comfortable lowering your DD calories to what the calculator suggests, that would be good. If not, and you continue to lose at 500, you can keep them there. Some people never lower their DD calories to the recommended amount, and others go way lower. YMMV.

Kissa 03-01-2013 11:58 AM

Thanks Carly for starting their thread. I thin it is so important for the Newbies to get to know each other and each of their questions helps the others.

I wish you all the success in the world.

hot-in-texas 03-01-2013 12:40 PM

JM, i fluctuate between my calculated DD number, and 500 calories. Depending on if I really need too eat up to the 500. 500 calories is still in WL mode, just a higher percent.
The UD, I have recalculated every 2 weeks or so. IF you did it every time your weight changed, you would be doing it every day:stars:

JMBM 03-01-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16288695)
I adjusted my calories only when my loss slowed down. For me, it was about every 25 pounds or so, but I had a LOT to lose.

If you're comfortable lowering your DD calories to what the calculator suggests, that would be good. If not, and you continue to lose at 500, you can keep them there. Some people never lower their DD calories to the recommended amount, and others go way lower. YMMV.

Ok, thank you so much. I weigh the mornings after DD's and this was the first time I didn't go down to the next pound number (If that make sense:p). Just wondered if that's how most people watch it and adjust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16288787)
JM, i fluctuate between my calculated DD number, and 500 calories. Depending on if I really need too eat up to the 500. 500 calories is still in WL mode, just a higher percent.
The UD, I have recalculated every 2 weeks or so. IF you did it every time your weight changed, you would be doing it every day:stars:

I think I'm going to drop it down some and see what happens. I'm so excited I can't stand it. I haven't seen the scale move this fast in ages! And it's not really moving that fast. It's just my losses before were sooooooo slow that this makes me feel like its falling off! I am so happy I found this WOE. Good folks here too:heart:

JMBM 03-01-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16288497)
Lori I lost fairly quickly. Many months about 10 pounds per month, but a few month less like when I went on vacation or such. I added carbs back right before a vacation so I don't really know what was the vacation bounce or the carb bounce, but it came off quickly. You don't have to raise carbs till you are ready so you can start Juddd and adjust carbs whenever.

Just noticed you had before and after pics and all I can say is WOW! You look great! I'm 5'6 and When I originally started just counting cals I weighed 204. I've got about 30 lbs to go so I'm still chuggin along! But just wanted to commend you on an awesome job.:up: Way to go and thanks for posting the pictures. They are truly an inspiration.

Farm Gal 03-01-2013 01:34 PM

I'm sure this is addressed somewhere, but this is a really fast moving forum :eek: and I didn't want to take the time to do a search-I know lazy...:o but can anyone tell me their experience with weekends? I can see an DD turning into an UD and a UD turning into a UUAD! :sad: Any tips, tricks, advice?????? Thanks!

Carly 03-01-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16288695)

:goodpost:
I lowered every 15 pounds or so and mostly my DDs (I eventually kept DDs around 150). I just could not eat what I once was able to eat so my UDs went down effortlessly for the most part. If you are not having UUADs than lowering the DD numbers to match your current weight more frequently was more beneficial for me than lowering the UD numbers as long as I was losing.

Carly 03-01-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16288867)
Just noticed you had before and after pics and all I can say is WOW! You look great! I'm 5'6 and When I originally started just counting cals I weighed 204. I've got about 30 lbs to go so I'm still chuggin along! But just wanted to commend you on an awesome job.:up: Way to go and thanks for posting the pictures. They are truly an inspiration.

Thank you :love:

Carly 03-01-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farm Gal (Post 16288934)
I'm sure this is addressed somewhere, but this is a really fast moving forum :eek: and I didn't want to take the time to do a search-I know lazy...:o but can anyone tell me their experience with weekends? I can see an DD turning into an UD and a UD turning into a UUAD! :sad: Any tips, tricks, advice?????? Thanks!

All I can say is I was was really determined to lose and just as determined not to gain it back. The weekends can be tricky, but staying busy helps a lot.

mojocat 03-01-2013 03:43 PM

Lori I lost 5lbs very quickly, within the first 10 days I recall. I eat moderate carbs fruit/nuts/dairy. I love JUDDD because it's so forgiving. On a few horrible UD's I felt awful and wanted to give up, but DDs bounce me right back into it and the scales continue to go down slowly. I don't mind though, it's nice to eat.

Lori_:) 03-01-2013 03:54 PM

My first day as a JUDDDer is complete! :clap: I came in a little high....551. Oh well, I'll get my DD eating in line for Sunday. I can't believe how good I felt late this afternoon! No 3 o'clock coma..I was full of energy! I really didn't mind being a bit hungry. I drank a barrel of green tea & water. Luckily, I enjoy my tea without any added sweetner or anything, so no calories there.

I'm SO looking forward to my first UD tomorrow! We're going out for dinner and I'll be sure to save at least 1000 calories for that.

I think I'll only weigh a few times a week instead of daily. Seeing the bounce on the scale may be enough to make me panic and throw in the towel.

I look forward to being an active member of this community. Can't wait to report my first JUDDD loss!

Lori
:cool: