Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I just met with a professor (from our univ.) who is also the president of the local public library's "friends of the library" group. I had contacted him to see about joining and volunteering, to add to my resume as "community service". I really enjoyed talking to him and also found out that there is an opening on the board that I may be able to fill! That will really look good on my portfolio. He was awfully cute too, and no wedding ring.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Great news! Eye candy is a nice bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm having a DD Friday and I'm looking forward to it too. I had 2 UD's in a row and blech....I ate the wrong types of food and am not feeling great. Dang thin mint girl scout cookies!

I'm thinking about trying to have lo carb UD's, but am wondering if I'll have trouble getting enough calories? This is only the end of my first week, so I'll get this all figured out sooner or later. There is so much good information on this site.

Let's make it a good Friday!

Lori
May JBs keep low carb. I did the first month and every UD I had a whole avacado! I also put HWC in a bunch of things and I could get my calories up. Also cheesy omletes and things like that.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
I am low carb period so doing JUDDD is even more restrictive, in a way. Still eat the same, just more or less depending on the day. To me it is all about making the calories you do eat count, make them nutrient dense!
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by taghag View Post
I am low carb period so doing JUDDD is even more restrictive, in a way. Still eat the same, just more or less depending on the day. To me it is all about making the calories you do eat count, make them nutrient dense!
hey neighbor i am near kansas city..

I am also doing my best to watch my carbs while doing JUDD,,,,well except for my UD yesterday, my dinner was a carb fail
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Quote:
I'm having a DD Friday and I'm looking forward to it too. I had 2 UD's in a row and blech....I ate the wrong types of food and am not feeling great. Dang thin mint girl scout cookies!

I'm thinking about trying to have lo carb UD's, but am wondering if I'll have trouble getting enough calories? This is only the end of my first week, so I'll get this all figured out sooner or later. There is so much good information on this site.

Let's make it a good Friday!

Lori
I thought about doing a LC UD and a no carb DD but want to get a few weeks of a good steady rotation in before I tweak it any.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post

I am also doing my best to watch my carbs while doing JUDD,,,,well except for my UD yesterday, my dinner was a carb fail
Hey neighbor!!!
We share the same first name too!! Even spelled correctly!
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:

I just realized you are in St Joseph-i was born there
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I just realized you are in St Joseph-i was born there
ohhhhhhh wow that is neat....is this home to your parents??...how did you end up in texas if i may ask??

yep st joe is where I am,,,sure not where i want to be forever, but will be for a bit longer. until at least my son is out of high school ( he is in 10th grade now)
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Hi everyone! I am going to give JUDDD a real, honest shot. I have dabbled in it before but didn't do it very long. I am have done 5 rounds of hcg (4 in 2010-2011 and then got pregnant, did one round in December 2012 and lost 20) so I am used to calorie restriction, but I am looking forward to the alternate day aspect of it. I am breastfeeding my son too, so alternating days is just much more doable right now than hcg is. I ordered the book off of Amazon and I am also excited about the studies done on decreasing inflammation, I have really been struggling with that lately.

I plan on doing a lower carb diet and am going to follow Dr. J's advice of drinking shakes in my first two weeks to keep a handle on the calories.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #219
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Potaty! I'm sure you'll do well with JUDDD having been through HCG. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
After my first full week of JUDDDing, I am up a pound. I'm really not surprised as I had 2 UD's in a row that were not stellar. I have no problem with the DD's, just have to do a better job on the UD's. I'm not ready to give up on the plan, this week was definitely part of the learning curve. I have been doing LC since the beginning of January and on my UD's this week, I went a bit nuts with carbs(can you say thin mint GS cookies!). Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm ready to settle into a more normal eating pattern.

UD today and there is one thing I'm going to have for sure. A sesame bagel! It'll cost me 400 calories, but it'll be worth every one!

Looking forward to getting the scale to move down in the coming week!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
After my first full week of JUDDDing, I am up a pound. I'm really not surprised as I had 2 UD's in a row that were not stellar. I have no problem with the DD's, just have to do a better job on the UD's. I'm not ready to give up on the plan, this week was definitely part of the learning curve. I have been doing LC since the beginning of January and on my UD's this week, I went a bit nuts with carbs(can you say thin mint GS cookies!). Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm ready to settle into a more normal eating pattern.

UD today and there is one thing I'm going to have for sure. A sesame bagel! It'll cost me 400 calories, but it'll be worth every one!

Looking forward to getting the scale to move down in the coming week!

Lori
Stick with you calorie allotment and strict rotations and it will come down. After being LC, you may be retaining a little water what w/the GS cookies and all
I started JUDDD coming off ATKINS and went a little crazy on all the things I could now 'have'. Including Einsteins bagels.. But I eventually got it out of my system, except for the the chocolate cake donuts, I think I am addicted to them now, even though I never much cared for them before. Congratulations on making it through your first week.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
to all the newbies! It gets easier!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hamsteak
Stats: 223/194/145
WOE: Atkins before/now JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Weight loss and bounces- what to expect?

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in several days (since starting on Monday) and the scale hasn't moved at all. I was hoping for something especially after my DDs, which have all been good. I can get easily discouraged and this morning have just felt really confused and sad that it hasn't moved whatsoever. I know after reading these forums that the weight bouncing is normal and everyday is different...but as someone who is so easily affected mood-wise by weight changes I can't imagine being able to weigh everyday and not going insane. Would love to hear thoughts and experiences about this. How do you manage the bouncing and unsteady loss? When will I lose weight?! I really hate that I weigh this much right now and really felt like I had lost 5 pounds! So disappointed.
hamsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #224

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I understand Hamsteak! Getting used to the bouncing is tough. We just put so much emphasis in the scale, and sometimes can ignore other indications, like feeling better, clothing fit, etc. And it does take some people a week or 2 or 3 to start seeing the losses. The theory being that there is some internal healing/cleanup being done by JUDDD before your body starts releasing the weight.

I started out weighing once a week, only after a DD. Then after about 2 months I started weighing after every DD. I think I tried every day and it made me absolutely nuts to see the up and down. I got scared that I'd quit, just because it was so traumatic to see that every morning. Then a few more weeks later I started weighing every day. IT WAS HARD! I still felt either great or horrible depending on what the scale said. But I tell you, I've learned so much about what foods cause me to retain water, what foods help me lose quickly, and how my body works.

I wouldn't say it never bothers me anymore, but most of the time it doesn't, and I have seen how the scale doesn't tell the whole story, because I have had weeks where I didn't lose an ounce, but my clothes got looser.

So just go at your own pace on the weighing, and try to remember that the scale is only one measurement of your progress. If it bugs you, don't weigh for awhile. Try to just trust JUDDD, and what you're doing. And trust your body to "get it" and start releasing the weight.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #225

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsteak View Post
I weighed myself this morning for the first time in several days (since starting on Monday) and the scale hasn't moved at all. I was hoping for something especially after my DDs, which have all been good. I can get easily discouraged and this morning have just felt really confused and sad that it hasn't moved whatsoever. I know after reading these forums that the weight bouncing is normal and everyday is different...but as someone who is so easily affected mood-wise by weight changes I can't imagine being able to weigh everyday and not going insane. Would love to hear thoughts and experiences about this. How do you manage the bouncing and unsteady loss? When will I lose weight?! I really hate that I weigh this much right now and really felt like I had lost 5 pounds! So disappointed.
Was yesterday an UD or a DD? Although that doesn't necessarily matter either, as I can gain after a DD and lose after an UD. I only weighed weekly for the first 6 weeks, then decided to weigh daily. I watched the daily weigh in thread and prepared myself for the bouncing, and for me, it was okay. If you FEEL like you've lost weight, I think you probably have. The scale is notorious for not giving an accurate picture, and many recommend going by measurements or clothing if the scale's not being compliant.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hamsteak
Stats: 223/194/145
WOE: Atkins before/now JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I understand Hamsteak! Getting used to the bouncing is tough. We just put so much emphasis in the scale, and sometimes can ignore other indications, like feeling better, clothing fit, etc. And it does take some people a week or 2 or 3 to start seeing the losses. The theory being that there is some internal healing/cleanup being done by JUDDD before your body starts releasing the weight.

I started out weighing once a week, only after a DD. Then after about 2 months I started weighing after every DD. I think I tried every day and it made me absolutely nuts to see the up and down. I got scared that I'd quit, just because it was so traumatic to see that every morning. Then a few more weeks later I started weighing every day. IT WAS HARD! I still felt either great or horrible depending on what the scale said. But I tell you, I've learned so much about what foods cause me to retain water, what foods help me lose quickly, and how my body works.

I wouldn't say it never bothers me anymore, but most of the time it doesn't, and I have seen how the scale doesn't tell the whole story, because I have had weeks where I didn't lose an ounce, but my clothes got looser.

So just go at your own pace on the weighing, and try to remember that the scale is only one measurement of your progress. If it bugs you, don't weigh for awhile. Try to just trust JUDDD, and what you're doing. And trust your body to "get it" and start releasing the weight.

Thank you so much for this, I really needed to hear it! I am still feeling kind of bummed out by the numbers, but I am trying to just enjoy this Saturday and it is an UD for me!! But just hearing your story and how I should just "trust JUDDD" is really making me feel MUCH better.
hamsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
Hi everyone! I am going to give JUDDD a real, honest shot. I have dabbled in it before but didn't do it very long. I am have done 5 rounds of hcg (4 in 2010-2011 and then got pregnant, did one round in December 2012 and lost 20) so I am used to calorie restriction, but I am looking forward to the alternate day aspect of it. I am breastfeeding my son too, so alternating days is just much more doable right now than hcg is. I ordered the book off of Amazon and I am also excited about the studies done on decreasing inflammation, I have really been struggling with that lately.

I plan on doing a lower carb diet and am going to follow Dr. J's advice of drinking shakes in my first two weeks to keep a handle on the calories.
! I don't know if you will need to adjust your calories since you are breast feeding on DDs, but I hope you love juddd.

Quote:
I will paste a link to a thread about the daily bounce, but I found daily weighing to be valuable for me. Everyone needs, however, to do what works for them.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

The daily bounce doesn't rock my world (anymore)
Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Thank you all for the welcome!

Carly~I am glad you posted your weigh-ins, just goes to show slow and steady wins the race!

Ham~I plan on weighing just twice a month so I don't drive myself nuts from the daily fluctuations. Auto-pilot will be good for me, lol!
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
I think the key to JUDDD is patience. I did not lose anything my first two weeks on JUDDD and if I had judged the program by that I would never have stuck with it and made it to my goal weight. Then somehwere along the line I had a month where I did not lose an ounce but I kept plugging along.
BUT I weigh everyday and write it on my calendar. This way I can see exactly where I am and how I am progressing or not progressing. But the scale doesn't dictate mood for me. I just accept it, write it down and move on to the UD or DD as the case may be.
Good luck in your JUDDD journey and remember patience is key.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Hi Hamsteak. You musn't become dominated by the scale numbers. They are the least reliable indicator of what's going on with JUDDD!

I personally find it most helpful to weigh every day, as it keeps me accountable.

Besides, my own worst nightmare would be weighing just once a week and finding my weight was up a couple of pounds because I'd had some salty food the previous evening! That way I'd miss the low bounces too!

However, I don't let the daily bounce get to me. In fact, I think daily weighing has helped me to become very relaxed about it - but every body's different.

If you stick with your calorie allowances and do the rotations to the best of your ability, JUDDD will work for you.

Remember, you are what you eat, not what you weigh!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 03-09-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good info....

So as a newbie, what I am reading is that to see some good results some may have to give it a good month or so??..I was going to weigh after my first week and then 2nd week and then if the results were not good maybe look at alternative woe's....but i am reading 2 weeks may not be long enough to see some good change in some people...correct?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good info....

So as a newbie, what I am reading is that to see some good results some may have to give it a good month or so??..I was going to weigh after my first week and then 2nd week and then if the results were not good maybe look at alternative woe's....but i am reading 2 weeks may not be long enough to see some good change in some people...correct?
It really depends. I started losing day 1. We are all so different. I would still weigh when you planned, but just remember some people show losses quicker than others.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carly,

Thanks....

I also asked someone else who has great success as you and was curious have you on your journey ever had to count carbs or just strictly your cals? thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Carly,

Thanks....

I also asked someone else who has great success as you and was curious have you on your journey ever had to count carbs or just strictly your cals? thanks
I did the first month of juddd, but then stopped counting or caring about carbs and lost just as well, if not better. I believed I was carb sensative, but I was wrong. They really don't effect me much. I don't eat candy or cake on any kind of frequent basis, but I have no issue if I have a slice of cake at a party or something like that. I frequently eat rice cakes and crackers. I like salty snacks, but all in moderation.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #236

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lots of great advice here. I personally think weighing daily is best. We do vary daily and if you have seen a nice drop, even if it comes back after an UD or, as has been said because of something salty, then you can see that things are moving.

If you only weigh once a week you don't have this to hold on to.

I think anything less than a month is not enough to judge JUDDD. Ideally I would say you need to go 2 months. But we are all impatient and want the weight gone yesterday.

I am so sorry I am not here very much just now, just really busy in real life.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I did the first month of juddd, but then stopped counting or caring about carbs and lost just as well, if not better. I believed I was carb sensative, but I was wrong. They really don't effect me much. I don't eat candy or cake on any kind of frequent basis, but I have no issue if I have a slice of cake at a party or something like that. I frequently eat rice cakes and crackers. I like salty snacks, but all in moderation.
Thanks....I have had a piece of toast here and there with peanut butter on my UD and am wrapping my mind around its OK

I also am watching sugars per say such as treats, real sugar etc but doing my best in knowing natural carbs or healthy carbs are fine
Old 03-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Hang in there! Lots of support here!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
Quote:
I understand your disappointment. I too get disappointed but then look back at my journal( I keep one off line) and I can see my triumphs is the long term. also I can see what may be the culprit of the stalls or weight gain( meaning more than just too many cals) I have noticed thru my journal I am terrified of my ud days. seems weird huh! but I am so worried about eating and seeing the scale move up, even when I don't go over cals. so it is a mind thing I have to work thru.

Check out Carly's journal on bouncing, she added the link to a few of her posts. it is hard at first but it will all drop. just be diligent, and don't give up no matter what. you will be glad you did!

you can also try not eating proceeded food( not sure if you are) for a few days. keep a journal and see how it effect you. I did this and notice my cals were in check, but because of the sodium intake I would really retain the water. and the weight will move up fast!I can eat a small amount of sodium and feel the blow up. Journaling every thing has made clearer the foods to avoid and to stick with!

keep it going...you will see that you are heading in the direction you want to be.
Goal for End of March....Below 150.
Goal for end of April...Below 145
Goal for end of May ....Upper 130's
Goal for end of July...Below 125! ...
Karen
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote