Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
A couple nights ago I did dream about cupcakes...they were so good in my dream I did not have a craving for them all day... and then the next day no dream but wanted a cupcake. oh well...no cals if the cupcakes are in your dream! Right? I am truly addicted. but I will gladly substitute for a size 6 and being about to look half decent in a bathing suit this summer!
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
I'm a bit discouraged this morning. Stepped on the scale after an awesome DD and shows only 1/2 lb loss since Monday. That is actually a 1/2 lb higher than my low on Saturday morning. I've been counting calories(which I don't want to have to do) and staying at my recommended numbers.

Is it possible that I'm not eating enough calories on days when I do boot camp? For instance, yesterday I burned probably 500-600 calories at boot camp and only ate 450. I SO want this woe to work for me.....possibly I'll need to tweak the numbers to find the perfect fit for me.

Sorry for the early morning whine.

Lori
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Good morning, Lori,

Try not to be discouraged. It's very common to see weight swings as you've noted with JUDDD. That is why it is often recommended to only weigh one time per week, after a down day. It sometimes is helpful to not see the swings. Our bodies are such complex things...so many factors can influence the actual number that you see on the scale. Sodium intake, carbohydrate intake, hormones, hydration, the list goes on and on. If you start off during your induction period with strict JUDDD protocol, you can easily tweak things down the road to optimize the JUDDD system for your personal needs and preferences. Be kind and gentle to yourself, and allow your body time to adjust. Know that you will be able to make minor adjustments later to optimize things. JUDDD is magical, and the benefits to it are far and above just the weight loss component. Give it some time to show you the magic.

Wishing you the very best of luck.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
Good morning, Lori,

Try not to be discouraged. It's very common to see weight swings as you've noted with JUDDD. That is why it is often recommended to only weigh one time per week, after a down day. It sometimes is helpful to not see the swings. Our bodies are such complex things...so many factors can influence the actual number that you see on the scale. Sodium intake, carbohydrate intake, hormones, hydration, the list goes on and on. If you start off during your induction period with strict JUDDD protocol, you can easily tweak things down the road to optimize the JUDDD system for your personal needs and preferences. Be kind and gentle to yourself, and allow your body time to adjust. Know that you will be able to make minor adjustments later to optimize things. JUDDD is magical, and the benefits to it are far and above just the weight loss component. Give it some time to show you the magic.

Wishing you the very best of luck.
Kimmie
Well said Kimmie!

Lori, don't judge your success by the number on the scales. It's a trap because it isn't a true indicator of progress.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

You all are too sweet! Thanks for the props! I guess I shouldn't have posted immediately after weighing in......I was in a mood! I'll try not to be such a "debbie downer" in the future.

UD here........hmmmm........what shall I eat??

Lori
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lori, you're definitely not whining! We have all had those feelings and it's great to share them so others can reassure you to just "trust" JUDDD. Weighing every day is really tough. I didn't do it for quite awhile after I started. I just knew the bounces would drive me crazy and make me want to quit. Keep at it and you'll be rewarded!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

I'm only weighing after DD's. Good grief if I weighed after an UD, I'd probably pass out!

Lori
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
last night ending up being crazy with some issues and I had a change of meal plans and ended up eating at Subway....so this ended up being my day

B:none
Am snack: serving almonds
L; serving turkey pepperoni, 2 slices cheese, 5 strawberries...and wow they were good
D; 6 inch subway club and bag of baked chips

Will have to get my numbers when I get home, as I dont have my sausage nutrition here with me at work and wasnt near my computer last night

My life is getting better a little..at least with my son...Still trying to figure out what I am going to do financially and figuring out next step with my divorce and my house

Today is my down day, and am having a slim fast shake for lunch if I need it.....not sure what my dinner will be

Have a happy day
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Well my JUDDD has been a rollercoaster all week. So much for the great victory of a new low number last week. I have had 3 funnerals in the last month and have yet another tomorrow. I seriously feel like a dark cloud is just following me everywhere! The good news even though I am higher than my low I have not gained back to my starting weight which is a miracle! Starting doing Leslie Sansone walking DVD this week so I hope that will get the scale moving in a more positive direction. I have not purchased the book do you think it is worth reading to completely understand? I question why to UD's are better than 2 DD's so I think mentally I am missing the whole mechanics of why this works.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirlpure View Post
A couple nights ago I did dream about cupcakes...they were so good in my dream I did not have a craving for them all day... and then the next day no dream but wanted a cupcake. oh well...no cals if the cupcakes are in your dream! Right? I am truly addicted. but I will gladly substitute for a size 6 and being about to look half decent in a bathing suit this summer!
Amen to that! I don't know that anything taste as good as thin feels. But a cupcake comes darn close!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm a bit discouraged this morning. Stepped on the scale after an awesome DD and shows only 1/2 lb loss since Monday. That is actually a 1/2 lb higher than my low on Saturday morning. I've been counting calories(which I don't want to have to do) and staying at my recommended numbers.

Is it possible that I'm not eating enough calories on days when I do boot camp? For instance, yesterday I burned probably 500-600 calories at boot camp and only ate 450. I SO want this woe to work for me.....possibly I'll need to tweak the numbers to find the perfect fit for me.

Sorry for the early morning whine.

Lori
Know whatcha mean Lori. I actually had a 1/2 lb gain after a good DD and had been faithful on my UD and got very discouraged. But like others have mentioned I think I'm going to stick to weighing 1 time a week. Others want to keep a close eye on the scale and that's fine also, but if it causes feelings of failure and makes you want to quit I'd just do the one time a week thing. The only thing there is you're not keeping a close eye on it to tweak your numbers if you start noticing a stall. Just play around with it and see how it goes. This was great advice given to me just a couple of days ago b/c I just went through the same thing. I however fell off the JUDDD wagon a couple of days and had a setback. Best wishes on your JUDDD journey
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Well my JUDDD has been a rollercoaster all week. So much for the great victory of a new low number last week. I have had 3 funnerals in the last month and have yet another tomorrow. I seriously feel like a dark cloud is just following me everywhere! The good news even though I am higher than my low I have not gained back to my starting weight which is a miracle! Starting doing Leslie Sansone walking DVD this week so I hope that will get the scale moving in a more positive direction. I have not purchased the book do you think it is worth reading to completely understand? I question why to UD's are better than 2 DD's so I think mentally I am missing the whole mechanics of why this works.
I also have the Leslie Sansone DVD. It's the 5 really big miles DVD. It gets my heart rate up w/o making me kill over. lol Some of the others I've tried are too difficult for me. I have the Jillian Michaels Shred but haven't tried it yet. Sorry for the losses you're experiencing. And wonderful you didn't gain it all back. I had a little setback and came within .7 of being back to my starting weight, but didn't go all the way so I am grateful!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Hi Sherri-Funerals are the worst!-This is my second go around with JUDDD. I went off plan due to losing my dear sweet niece in a car accident. Completely understand the dark cloud feeling! I don't have nor have I read the book. There are a few different sites that have JUDDD threads and everywhere I read most people said that there wasn't anything in the book that wasn't on Dr. Johnson's website. Maybe someone who has the book can give us some feedback??
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #164

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sherri and FarmGal, so sorry to hear about your losses.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
I question why to UD's are better than 2 DD's so I think mentally I am missing the whole mechanics of why this works.
Hey there!
The science of how JUDDD works can be a bit confusing as it is a little against the conventional, mainstream thinking.
In a bit of a nutshell:
When you fast, your body starts to activate genes to produce proteins calls sirtuins (or we talk about the SIRT gene - same thing basically). These proteins do a lot of things - they scavenge up old dirty cells, reduce inflammation, break down visceral (intra-abdominal) fat, repair collegen (younger skin!) etc. They also will, after time, suppress appetite & cravings, increase energy, etc. The body thinks, "We're in this for the long haul, so we'd best clean house before we buckle down!"
So, after about 36-40 hours of fasting, the SIRT gene turns off and the body starts catabolizing muscle and packing in calories --> the dreaded starvation mode! It does all the things we fear: hoarding calories, storing fat, slowing the metabolism.
The point of the UD/DD rotation is to allow there to be a long enough fast to activate the SIRT gene and get the sirtuin proteins flowing but then eat enough on your UDs to "rescue" your body from starvation mode. It keeps your body from having the metabolism slow down and all the negatives from starvation mode. Then, on your next DD you start all over again with a fresh, new fast. And a fresh, new activation of the SIRT gene and all the lovely benefits that come with it!!
2 DDs in a row will put you into starvation mode. 2 UDs in a row will put you over your calorie allotment for the day/week BUT that can rev your metabolism. You might not lose, you might stall, but you're not going to go into starvation mode - a rotten state from which it is hard to recover!!!
Trust the JUDDD magic!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Hey there!
The science of how JUDDD works can be a bit confusing as it is a little against the conventional, mainstream thinking.
In a bit of a nutshell:
When you fast, your body starts to activate genes to produce proteins calls sirtuins (or we talk about the SIRT gene - same thing basically). These proteins do a lot of things - they scavenge up old dirty cells, reduce inflammation, break down visceral (intra-abdominal) fat, repair collegen (younger skin!) etc. They also will, after time, suppress appetite & cravings, increase energy, etc. The body thinks, "We're in this for the long haul, so we'd best clean house before we buckle down!"
So, after about 36-40 hours of fasting, the SIRT gene turns off and the body starts catabolizing muscle and packing in calories --> the dreaded starvation mode! It does all the things we fear: hoarding calories, storing fat, slowing the metabolism.
The point of the UD/DD rotation is to allow there to be a long enough fast to activate the SIRT gene and get the sirtuin proteins flowing but then eat enough on your UDs to "rescue" your body from starvation mode. It keeps your body from having the metabolism slow down and all the negatives from starvation mode. Then, on your next DD you start all over again with a fresh, new fast. And a fresh, new activation of the SIRT gene and all the lovely benefits that come with it!!
2 DDs in a row will put you into starvation mode. 2 UDs in a row will put you over your calorie allotment for the day/week BUT that can rev your metabolism. You might not lose, you might stall, but you're not going to go into starvation mode - a rotten state from which it is hard to recover!!!
Trust the JUDDD magic!
What a great post!!!!! You explained it so well!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Hey there!
In a bit of a nutshell:
Trust the JUDDD magic!

Yenni has put the nail on the head...JUDDD physiology in a nutshell! Thanks, Yenni!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I also have the Leslie Sansone DVD. It's the 5 really big miles DVD. It gets my heart rate up w/o making me kill over. lol Some of the others I've tried are too difficult for me. I have the Jillian Michaels Shred but haven't tried it yet. Sorry for the losses you're experiencing. And wonderful you didn't gain it all back. I had a little setback and came within .7 of being back to my starting weight, but didn't go all the way so I am grateful!
I too do the Walk fit ...I tried Jillian Michaels and I wasn't able to make it through the exercise. she does theses burpy thingies, that I am so slow at, she does 5 and I am just completing 1. so I figured I will try that after I can fly thru Sansones video's...which by the way is a lot easier now. so much so I add 2 pound weights and use through the whole workout. but I am afraid of Jillians workouts!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey there!
In a bit of a nutshell:
Trust the JUDDD magic!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shinleaf
I found a chocolate mug cake (flourless) with 92 calories for 3 small cupcakes. Really good tho.

I did my first DD just juicing yesterday and think tomorrows DD will be hot soups made with my Vitamix. Thats my plan. Juicing takes out the fiber. Vitamix emulsifies the fiber so thats good too. Can do several large mugs of soup thru the day and get all the fiber in that I need. Im not sure how many calories Im suppose to eat on UD. Im shooting for 1400-1600 tho. 5'4/62yr/215# starting wt.
Shinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #171
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Love seeing how busy this thread is One thing about weighing-after you've done JUDDD for a while you'll realize that JUDDD takes your scale on a roller coaster ride I've seen bounces after dds and wooshes after uds. Daily or even every other day weigh ins can make you batty, so I always recommend looking at the bigger picture and compare your first dd weigh in of the month, with your last dd weigh in of the month. That's when you'll start to see the JUDDD magic And remember you're only 'dieting' half of the month! Plus there's all the emerging research pointing to the health benefits of JUDDD going on, even in low weight loss months. Longevity of life, decreased risk for disease etc etc. There's more going on with JUDDD than just scale movement
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Sherri and FarmGal, so sorry to hear about your losses.
Thank you LoCarbGal. The photo is my Avatar is of my DD and the little sweetie holding on for dear life was my niece-it's a very old pic, but one of my favorites of the girls. They were very close, as neither of them had sisters. She was 18 when she died. We lost her a couple of years ago now, but it still feels like yesterday, most days.
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #173

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinleaf View Post
I found a chocolate mug cake (flourless) with 92 calories for 3 small cupcakes. Really good tho.

I did my first DD just juicing yesterday and think tomorrows DD will be hot soups made with my Vitamix. Thats my plan. Juicing takes out the fiber. Vitamix emulsifies the fiber so thats good too. Can do several large mugs of soup thru the day and get all the fiber in that I need. Im not sure how many calories Im suppose to eat on UD. Im shooting for 1400-1600 tho. 5'4/62yr/215# starting wt.
I get 1921/384 based on your information (and if you're female?).
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirlpure View Post
I too do the Walk fit ...I tried Jillian Michaels and I wasn't able to make it through the exercise. she does theses burpy thingies, that I am so slow at, she does 5 and I am just completing 1. so I figured I will try that after I can fly thru Sansones video's...which by the way is a lot easier now. so much so I add 2 pound weights and use through the whole workout. but I am afraid of Jillians workouts!
I know what you mean. Idk if I'm quite ready for Jillian. lol I do like the indoor walking video. And even though it's not super intense I am at least moving my body. I've got some 2 lb weights. I may give that a try also. Any movement is a plus the way I look at it.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
FarmGirl (and Sherri) I am so so sorry. I imagine your DD misses her cousin terribly. (as you do, I'm sure)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
It's hard to link from my phone, but I'm going to bump a thread about the daily bounce. Hopefully it will help. I'll link it later.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Gal View Post
Hi Sherri-Funerals are the worst!-This is my second go around with JUDDD. I went off plan due to losing my dear sweet niece in a car accident. Completely understand the dark cloud feeling! I don't have nor have I read the book. There are a few different sites that have JUDDD threads and everywhere I read most people said that there wasn't anything in the book that wasn't on Dr. Johnson's website. Maybe someone who has the book can give us some feedback??
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my niece.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey there!
In a bit of a nutshell:
Trust the JUDDD magic!
Thank you for putting this in general terms so it is easier to understand. It totally makes sense now.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hmmmm.....what do they say about the best laid plans? I planned to have a MD today and an UD tomorrow so I can reset my schedule for the weekend. I got home with my plan firmly in hand and hubby said "Let's go out for Chinese". So....today became an UD. I'm hoping it'll work ok to have a MD followed by a DD. I suppose I just may be extra hungry on Friday. Oh well...he didn't force me to eat Chinese(but it sure was yummy)!

Hope you've all had a good day!

Lori
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Lori, most people will tell you that DDs really don't work after a MD. It's just too difficult if you don't get enough calories the day before. Go ahead and have another UD. That's my advice.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote