Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Well......, wasn't quite sure where to post this b/c I didn't want a thread just devoted to my rant so here it is lol: I am stinking at this!!!! Made it thru induction and I guess I not only fell off the wagon, but let it go on into town w/o me. Just finding it hard a lot on DD's. Held in there like a trooper thru induction, but it's so hard staying on track especially when the hub is home.

He drives over-the-road so for the most part he's gone during the week. However, when he gets home and we're out running around on the weekends it's just hard. I thought I prob need to have DD's M-Th and then just do up's F,S,Sun. Anyway, trying to tough it out, but will have to just see how it goes. Thought about the 8 or 5 hr window thingy, but not sure.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and my hat is totally off those who look forward to down days, and to those who struggle eating all their foods on UD's. I absolutely have no problem consuming UD calories and wish I had more! lol And I am HUNGRY on my DD"s. And I don't mean a slight growl either. My stomach gnaws. lol I guess I have got to learn some discipline. So I am jealous of those who have to force themselves to eat all their calories. I would help you finish them off if it really worked that way.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysue24
Stats: 279/250/200 (first goal)/150 (ultimate goal)
WOE: I'll try anything once
Start Date: September 3, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
(whispers) It does work.....and it IS amazing!
I soooooo hope you are right. Everything is too good to be true to me But I am giving it my all!
kellysue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
JM: Rant away! This is the place to do it! Some people found that they had to do higher DD numbers to get through the first several months. There are also those who started out at 800 calories on DDs and and never had to go lower because they lost just fine that way.

Then there are those, like me, who have to have a range. I try to stay at the 20% Dr. J recommends on the calculator. But I also remember him saying in the book that research shows that eating to 50% can still activate the SIRT1 gene, which, in the end it what we are all after.

Maybe you don't have sirtuins built up enough in your system yet. Be kind to yourself and experiment to see what might work for you. Read up on the 5:2 diet. I have wondered if starting out with just 2 DDs per week might ease the tummy into low calorie mode. You could do 2 DDs for 2 weeks, then bump it up to 3 DDs the next week and see how it goes.

Or, just eat at 35%-40% on all DDs for a while until you get the sirtuins flowing and go down from there.

We all struggle at different times and for different reasons. But, the reason a lot of us are here is that JUDD is forgiving and doesn't make us suffer. If you are suffering, try some different things. Even experiment with what kinds of food keep your tummy happy.

My tummy was killing me on yesterday's DD until I ate some lean protein. Then it felt good and I forgot about food until later in the day. Lean protein almost always takes care of my appetite and growling belly. Another thing that does it for me is a teaspoon or two of coconut oil in a hot drink. I like it in hot chocolate. (I buy the Nestle 20 calorie fat free kind).

We are all rooting for you, Sweetie!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Listen to LCG! It definitely works, but eat those UD calories!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Oh and my hat is totally off those who look forward to down days, and to those who struggle eating all their foods on UD's. I absolutely have no problem consuming UD calories and wish I had more! lol And I am HUNGRY on my DD"s. And I don't mean a slight growl either. My stomach gnaws. lol I guess I have got to learn some discipline. So I am jealous of those who have to force themselves to eat all their calories. I would help you finish them off if it really worked that way.
yam has some great suggestions...maybe easing in to your DDs would be helpful. I could never eat on DDs when I first started. I was horribly hungry once I had a bite of food. A lot is just trial and error but it gets better!!!! You cando this!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
I read somewhere that it was ok to not hit your UD or your DD cals, as long as your UD is at least double your DD....
I've always understood that it's ok to be under your DD cals but we should have at least 1000 cals difference between UD and DD.

UDs are the opportunity to nourish our bodies with healthy food that will sustain us through the low-cal DDs.
Oily fish, butter, coconut oil, heavy cream, nuts, avocado ..... All healthy, low-carb ways to boost your calories on UDs.

Good luck to all the newbies. You are so dedicated and so disciplined.
Cindy's motto used to be relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice. The relax bit is a key ingredient!
The best thing about JUDDD is that we don't need to be afraid of healthy food any more.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 03-05-2013 at 01:08 PM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
JM: Rant away! This is the place to do it! Some people found that they had to do higher DD numbers to get through the first several months. There are also those who started out at 800 calories on DDs and and never had to go lower because they lost just fine that way.

Then there are those, like me, who have to have a range. I try to stay at the 20% Dr. J recommends on the calculator. But I also remember him saying in the book that research shows that eating to 50% can still activate the SIRT1 gene, which, in the end it what we are all after.

Maybe you don't have sirtuins built up enough in your system yet. Be kind to yourself and experiment to see what might work for you. Read up on the 5:2 diet. I have wondered if starting out with just 2 DDs per week might ease the tummy into low calorie mode. You could do 2 DDs for 2 weeks, then bump it up to 3 DDs the next week and see how it goes.

Or, just eat at 35%-40% on all DDs for a while until you get the sirtuins flowing and go down from there.

We all struggle at different times and for different reasons. But, the reason a lot of us are here is that JUDD is forgiving and doesn't make us suffer. If you are suffering, try some different things. Even experiment with what kinds of food keep your tummy happy.

My tummy was killing me on yesterday's DD until I ate some lean protein. Then it felt good and I forgot about food until later in the day. Lean protein almost always takes care of my appetite and growling belly. Another thing that does it for me is a teaspoon or two of coconut oil in a hot drink. I like it in hot chocolate. (I buy the Nestle 20 calorie fat free kind).

We are all rooting for you, Sweetie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
yam has some great suggestions...maybe easing in to your DDs would be helpful. I could never eat on DDs when I first started. I was horribly hungry once I had a bite of food. A lot is just trial and error but it gets better!!!! You cando this!
Thanks guys! I do remember on one UD in particular when I had my beloved pizza for lunch I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day! I wonder if it was the fat? Unfortunately high fat=high calories I have also noticed when I have my greek yogurt (which is high in protein) I don't feel as hungry. I think I will play around with my numbers and just see what happens. Even thought about raising DD num. and lowering my UD num. Also need to take into consideration the fat/protein thing. Thanks for the suggestions. You guys are great!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #129
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysue24 View Post
How can I trust online trackers? I am putting everything into it, but what if it's wrong? Either way up or down, if it's wrong, I may not lose. Is it ok to assume it knows the correct amounts for calories. We are going to my parents for dinner and I've plugged everything in, but what if it's wrong??? Everything is from scratch.
Two suggestions.
1: Foods List is very accurate and updated all the time.
2: a software program like mastercook where you can put in your recipes from scratch and get accurate info. You can also put your entire days food in as if it were a recipe and get your daily totals that way as well.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
These are my numbers when I do the calculator on the JUDDD site....

DD...442 UD 2209

I know when I did lc before and did atkins, I had to watch my cals close due to some health issues that make it difficult to lose...I never ever hit over 1500 cals...thats why I think this is so hard for me to wrap my mind around, TO EAT lol

I read somewhere that it was ok to not hit your UD or your DD cals, as long as your UD is at least double your DD....My DD yesterday was 233....I sure want to do this correctly....If I need too, I can add in something tonight as a snack to add cals...I just dont want to add carbs, as I know my body hates those...

Thanks for all the help....
Please, please, eat. If you don't you will go into starvation mode and your DDs will become very hungry if you are not well fueled. Low cal every day is not JUDDD. You need to UD/DD spread to get the JUDDD Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Stacy you must eat more, or you aren't doing JUDDD. Your body will not let the pounds go if you don't get a good gap between you UDs and DDs.

I see you should be eating over 2,00 on your UDs. Get out the butter and cream if you are determined to stay LC.

Quote:
Well......, wasn't quite sure where to post this b/c I didn't want a thread just devoted to my rant so here it is lol: I am stinking at this!!!! Made it thru induction and I guess I not only fell off the wagon, but let it go on into town w/o me. Just finding it hard a lot on DD's. Held in there like a trooper thru induction, but it's so hard staying on track especially when the hub is home.

He drives over-the-road so for the most part he's gone during the week. However, when he gets home and we're out running around on the weekends it's just hard. I thought I prob need to have DD's M-Th and then just do up's F,S,Sun. Anyway, trying to tough it out, but will have to just see how it goes. Thought about the 8 or 5 hr window thingy, but not sure.
4 DDs in a row would not be a good idea. Talk about starvation mode! You can do it. It gets easier. I can be around anyone eating anything at all now and sip my tea, but it was harder in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I've always understood that it's ok to be under your DD cals but we should have at

UDs are the opportunity to nourish our bodies with healthy food that will sustain us through the low-cal DDs.
Oily fish, butter, coconut oil, heavy cream, nuts, avocado ..... All healthy, low-carb ways to boost your calories on UDs.

Good luck to all the newbies. You are so dedicated and so disciplined.
Cindy's motto used to be relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice. The relax bit is a key ingredient!
The best thing about JUDDD is that we don't need to be afraid of healthy food any more.
The spead is so important. I'll say it again... the spread is so important!!!

You guys are doing great! It takes time, but remember- you are only dieting every other day and what better way to live life, enjoy food and lose weight?????

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysue24
Stats: 279/250/200 (first goal)/150 (ultimate goal)
WOE: I'll try anything once
Start Date: September 3, 2009
When do you normally see a move on the scale? I am having my husband hide the scale tonight, but want to know when I need to weigh to know if I need to rethink my food choices.
kellysue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
JM, I hear you. When I started I thought I must be a wimp, because those DDS and UDs were hard. For fun, on an UD once, I calculated what I did eat that day, and then I wrote down and calculated what I would have eaten on a typical day before starting this WOE. Well, typically, I would have eaten over 3000 calories!! No wonder I got where I got. We(or I) was so used to eating a lot, so this is not easy! But even though it is hard, try to stick to it, I had to come here for support several times a day at first. It helped. I could not sleep at night for weeks on DDS, so I decided just to make that time useful. It took 5 weeks for me, for this to become easier. But it did we are here to support you girl, we are rooting for you!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysue24 View Post
When do you normally see a move on the scale? I am having my husband hide the scale tonight, but want to know when I need to weigh to know if I need to rethink my food choices.
I personally weighed daily during WLM and still most days now. I also recorded my weight daily in the daily weight thread. Kept me accountable and I got immune to the bounce.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

I had a lot of trouble with DDs too, and sometimes they are still difficult. I usually eat all 500 of my calories and sometimes a little more. I do find that waiting to eat till later in the day helps, because as some have said once you start eating, it's all you want to do! Also, make sure you have chicken broth that you can heat up and drink in a mug...it really helps with the hunger, for just 10-15 calories a cup. I also add salsa con queso to my broth sometimes for a creamy consistency (1 T is 20 cals). I have been buying the Better Than Boullion, and it is delicious! 1 T is 15 calories, and you just add it to boiling water (or microwave your cup of water with boullion). You can find it in a small jar on the soup isle of the grocery store. Also, read the DD food threads...there are tons of ideas for filling foods with very little calories.

As for doing several DDs in a row, NO! It won't work and you will quit JUDDD faster than you can say Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet! What you can try is MWF DDs, or even 5:2. Good luck whatever you decide, and remember that someone here has already gone through it!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
Quote:

HI JMBM,

I too find it hard to stay on down days. but have adjusted and just don't eat over 500( instead of the 365 cals). it is hard for me because I just want to eat. hungry or not. but this week I have done a lot better. 2 reasons, I have kept my cals high on ud, and because of allergies have to take Claritin d.(makes me jittery, but I don't feel like eating) bad on UD but good on dd. I do see a difference in loss, but it is so easy to fall off the wagon on up days for me. i have just have to get it into my head that if i want to be at 130, I cant consume so many calories anyway. it sucks because i love cupcakes! good luck.
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you HITexas and Carly If I can just get to goal then I think it wont be so bad to maintain. MY UD will be 1741 until I get quite a bit older and I think my downs are going to be 600 or 700 range. I looked at the calculator to see what it said once i got to goal. So if I can just hang in there and get to the finish line I think I will be fine. I'm pretty sure I'm a food junky, but I so want to be slender. I am 5'6" and was shooting for 135. Didn't think that was to unrealistic, but Ive got roughly 25 lbs to go. I think I need to go buy myself a pretty swimsuit or something to physically see to motivate me through these last 25lbs. Funny, the first 55lbs came off pretty easy. I was eating around 1000 to 1200 a day, but I was also grooming dogs 5 days a week which literally worked my butt off. Unfortunately just physically cant handle the grooming anymore so I'm not burning like I once was. Anyway, enough rambling and time to put the big girl britches on and get with the program. Thank you for letting me whine for a while.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

I find that the later I eat on DDs, the easier it is. However, some people do better if they eat early in the day. You have to find what works best for you. It does get easier, though I still have the odd hungry DD - I think that's probably when I've not eaten well enough on the previous UD!

I had a couple of restless nights at first but made sure I saved some cals for supper and had no more problems.

Drinking a lot helps on DDs. Tell yourself it's flushing away the fat! Try water with a slice of lime, lemon or orange for a change. Find a really nice tea and have it as a DD treat - there's a whole tea thread. It's revealing how you can feel hungry and then a hot drink will tide you over for a couple of hours.

I try to login here every day on the weigh-in thread, as it keeps me accountable. But I don't let the inevitable bounce freak me out. The scales are a useful tool but an unreliable measure of progress - for instance I had wine and some salty crackers yesterday so my weight was up with water retention this morning.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 03-05-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirlpure View Post
HI JMBM,

I too find it hard to stay on down days. but have adjusted and just don't eat over 500( instead of the 365 cals). it is hard for me because I just want to eat. hungry or not. but this week I have done a lot better. 2 reasons, I have kept my cals high on ud, and because of allergies have to take Claritin d.(makes me jittery, but I don't feel like eating) bad on UD but good on dd. I do see a difference in loss, but it is so easy to fall off the wagon on up days for me. i have just have to get it into my head that if i want to be at 130, I cant consume so many calories anyway. it sucks because i love cupcakes! good luck.
OMGoodness thats so funny. I am a cake fiend! We have a place here called Gigi's cupcakes that is so amazing!! I don't dare eat one. Over 700 for just 1 cupcake! The icing is like 3" high. My other favorite is DQ strawberry cheesequake blizzard. But again it's like 1000 for a medium size. But oh sooo good.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I had a lot of trouble with DDs too, and sometimes they are still difficult. I usually eat all 500 of my calories and sometimes a little more. I do find that waiting to eat till later in the day helps, because as some have said once you start eating, it's all you want to do! Also, make sure you have chicken broth that you can heat up and drink in a mug...it really helps with the hunger, for just 10-15 calories a cup. I also add salsa con queso to my broth sometimes for a creamy consistency (1 T is 20 cals). I have been buying the Better Than Boullion, and it is delicious! 1 T is 15 calories, and you just add it to boiling water (or microwave your cup of water with boullion). You can find it in a small jar on the soup isle of the grocery store. Also, read the DD food threads...there are tons of ideas for filling foods with very little calories.

As for doing several DDs in a row, NO! It won't work and you will quit JUDDD faster than you can say Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet! What you can try is MWF DDs, or even 5:2. Good luck whatever you decide, and remember that someone here has already gone through it!
Thanks Cindy! Yeah 4 DD in a row prob not smart. I'm just going to stick with it and just try to assert some self discipline and make it through. It was working. So I know the method works. I prob need to read through some of the success threads for encouragement. Hearing others success helps.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

We posted at the same time JMBM
Have a look at the non-scale victories thread. Very inspiring!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Even thought about raising DD num. and lowering my UD num. Also need to take into consideration the fat/protein thing.
Although others have already chimed in...
This is not an ideal plan. By raising DD and lowering your UD, you're basically going back to low cal. You're missing the swing of JUDDD that activates the SIRT gene. I know its hard, and I know it sucks - it really does and every single one of us will tell you it does at some point. But it also works!!!

Quote:
Thanks Cindy! Yeah 4 DD in a row prob not smart. I'm just going to stick with it and just try to assert some self discipline and make it through. It was working. So I know the method works. I prob need to read through some of the success threads for encouragement. Hearing others success helps.
Yeah, no more than 1 DD at a time.

Stacy,
Please reconsider dropping your UDs. I haven't read that UDs are ok to be double your DD (doesn't mean its not true, I just haven't read it so I can't put it in context). But think again about your daily average...If your DDs are 500 and you double that to 1000 your daily average is 750 calories per day. This is not enough to prevent starvation mode. Even with a swing, it's not enough.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
We posted at the same time JMBM
Have a look at the non-scale victories thread. Very inspiring!
Will do. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Although others have already chimed in...
This is not an ideal plan. By raising DD and lowering your UD, you're basically going back to low cal. You're missing the swing of JUDDD that activates the SIRT gene. I know its hard, and I know it sucks - it really does and every single one of us will tell you it does at some point. But it also works!!!

Yeah, no more than 1 DD at a time.

Yep I think you're right. Based on what I've heard from others. Prob would send me back into stalling.

Stacy,
Please reconsider dropping your UDs. I haven't read that UDs are ok to be double your DD (doesn't mean its not true, I just haven't read it so I can't put it in context). But think again about your daily average...If your DDs are 500 and you double that to 1000 your daily average is 750 calories per day. This is not enough to prevent starvation mode. Even with a swing, it's not enough.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
Quote:
OMGoodness thats so funny. I am a cake fiend! We have a place here called Gigi's cupcakes that is so amazing!! I don't dare eat one. Over 700 for just 1 cupcake! The icing is like 3" high. My other favorite is DQ strawberry cheesequake blizzard. But again it's like 1000 for a medium size. But oh sooo good.
I love Real buttercream icing! I think most bakeries around here use Crisco. I could just eat the stuff and throw away the cake... and as far as dairy queen...French chocolate silk pie is my weakness. when I lose maybe I will have one and only that and call that my DD! you are from Tennessee right? well in Gatlinburg (Dollywood) they have a Krispy cream, I love them when they are hot off the rollers. thank goodness there aren't Krispy creams close by, I would probably never be able to make it thru a DD.
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirlpure View Post
I love Real buttercream icing! I think most bakeries around here use Crisco. I could just eat the stuff and throw away the cake... and as far as dairy queen...French chocolate silk pie is my weakness. when I lose maybe I will have one and only that and call that my DD! you are from Tennessee right? well in Gatlinburg (Dollywood) they have a Krispy cream, I love them when they are hot off the rollers. thank goodness there aren't Krispy creams close by, I would probably never be able to make it thru a DD.
Girl after my own heart! Most people say ewwwh, i don't like all that icing I want to say, "Are you kidding me?". lol My favorite icing is cream cheese. Actually, Red velvet cake is my fave. You better count your blessing there's no KK doughnut close to you. We have one about 15 miles from here. We live on the TN/Al line so we go to Huntsville from time to time and there is one there also. Choc covered cream filled on that note. (Love Gatlinburg/Dollywood BTW)
Old 03-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Walgreens of all places has red velvet cupcakes. I found them and have bought 2 so far. They are 500 calories each!!! I am leaving them alone for now...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Walgreens of all places has red velvet cupcakes. I found them and have bought 2 so far. They are 500 calories each!!! I am leaving them alone for now...
Ruh, Row. ha, ha We have a walgreens too! Were they any good? Walmart has them also, but they were so, so
Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

They were good. Not like bakery good, but it was convenient. I prefered the strawberry ones. Yum.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They were good. Not like bakery good, but it was convenient. I prefered the strawberry ones. Yum.
Yeah, we only have grocery store bakeries here in town. Not a legitimate bakery in my opinion, but still pretty good.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Oh my gosh guys, stop stop I'm dying over here! I want cupcakes now!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deboratpc
Stats: 238/203.8/140
Start Date: 1/07/2013
I went to IHOP for my birthday (they sent me a coupon for a free meal) and I had the red velvet pancakes...OMG! Amazing!! They didn't even need syrup! Oh man I am going to be dreaming about those things!
deboratpc is offline   Reply With Quote