Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Hi all...I asked this on the DD thread, but not sure if anyone is around there, so wanted to ask here before I planned too many menus....Thanks

I was finishing up my meal planning for next week and was wondering if anyone used slim fast shakes for the first few initial DD's?
I find that drinking a shake on my extra long DD really comes in handy. They taste great and for me have really helped. I drink the Equate chocolate shakes. 190 calories and keep me full for hours.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Oh man....thank goodness I'm finished eating for today! I made it to my UD calorie target, but I'm too full. I've been eating so lightly for 2 months that my stomach is not used to a lot of food. I'm actually looking forward to my DD tomorrow!

I'll be in bed early. Up at 4:30 to have a cup of coffee before boot camp.

Hope you've all had a great day!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
great day today...easier than I thought...just got home at 7:30 from work, so was too busy to worry about food,,,here was my day

B; none
L; none
D; 1 pouch white tune,,,,80 cals.....0 carbs
1 tablespoon mayo..........90 cals....0 carbs
5 saltine crackers............60 cals.....12 carbs

Ready for my up day tomorrow....night all
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Lori & Stacy,
Did you ever think you'd be saying "Thank goodness for a DD!" and especially so soon!! Congratulations ladies, you are going to rock this.
I hope you both stick around, join in the daily menu threads as I've found it helps keep me accountable. I can't blow it because then I'd have to come here and report that I blew it! A bit of psychology that seems to work for me.
The support here is second-to-none.
I'm so excited for you both!!
As I like to say, "Onwards and downward!!"
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Question for some of the veterans....how do you get in your mind that it is ok to eat after a dd??...i was just adding up my numbers as to what I have planned for tomorrow and they still seem very low....just cant get my mind around its ok to eat....this is what I have planned

B- none....i have never been a breakfast eater
L- serving turkey pepperoni....2 slices cheese....5 strawberries/w 1 pack splenda
D- 1 serving spicy sausage with 2 eggs

cals 568
carbs 9

thoughts please...thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Question for some of the veterans....how do you get in your mind that it is ok to eat after a dd??...i was just adding up my numbers as to what I have planned for tomorrow and they still seem very low....just cant get my mind around its ok to eat....this is what I have planned

L- serving turkey pepperoni....2 slices cheese....5 strawberries/w 1 pack splenda

cals 568
carbs 9

thoughts please...thanks
It can be tough to realize that you need to hit your UD, to get your mind around it, and then to actually do it. Some of us struggle with DDs, some with UDs --> both being too high and too low.
A few things to think about: Average your DD and UD cals to get your daily average. For most of us its around 1100-1200. For example, I'm 440/1900 which averages to 1170. Right on target for most cal restricted diet recommendations for a woman. So one way to think about meeting your UD target is to think of it as trying to meet your 2 day goal.
If you're worried about the volume of food needed to hit your UD goal, consider things like adding coconut oil to coffee (search "bulletproof coffee" in the forums for an idea of what this is), dark chocolate, a glass of wine, handful or two of nuts, even a bowl of ice cream - all things that have a lot of calories for little volume. Ok, maybe the ice cream isn't little volume but you are allowed to eat ice cream if you wish it!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:

cals 568
carbs 9

thoughts please...thanks
On my first UDs, I just had all the things I loved, but I wasn't counting carbs, which is good because even though there are very many lc things I like, the things I love, have carbs. The first UDs I had things like home made taco pizza, cookie dough, old fashioned donuts, breakfast burrito with an actual tortilla...spaghetti sauce, waffle fries, don't even get me started! Lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yennie is right on about thinking of it as an average daily caloric intake. It makes it much more obvious why it's important to eat all your UD calories. You certainly don't want to go into starvation mode and hoard all those fat cells! Your body needs the nourishment, and UDs are where you get most of it.

You'll get used to the idea, and be able to truly enjoy flavorful, plentiful, satiating foods on your UDs. Trust us! Trust JUDDD!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
That's funny...I had no problem meeting my calories on UD's when I was first starting this woe. I guess I'd be low carbing long enough that many of the things I wanted I could now have, so enjoyed my UD's for the first month...lost 14 pounds, too. Now, I have a problem meeting the goal, and have been stalled until February. I enjoyed the heavy cream or butter on the steaks, even had a potato with all the trimmings. I would have a donut and ice cream. I now try to limit myself to one splurge on the UD's, have beef and save the chicken breast for DD's. Look around, I'm sure you'll find something you want to splurge on...now mine is fruit, and it's still fairly low calorie.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #100
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Avocados and peanut butter are often suggested too Stacy
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!!

Made it thru boot camp this morning, but WOW was it rough! Today is a DD for me and I'm not feeling hungry so far. I did put a little coconut oil in my post workout coffee to help with the hunger thing.

Today's plan is to eat some Progresso soup for lunch and maybe a Baby Bel cheese if I need it. I'll be under 500 today, no problem.

Tomorrow is an UD and our local ice cream shop opens for the season! Part of my plan tomorrow is a small peanut butter milkshake..OMG...they are SO good! I really don't know how many calories they are..I know their ice cream is 95% fat free, but they use peanut butter sauce & a bit of whole milk. I think I'll call it 600 calories and just be a bit careful the rest of the day.

I'll weigh in tomorrow after my DD today......nervous about the dang scale!

Have a great day!

Lori
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for the advice friends..I appreciate you all for taking time out to answer me...This is my menu for today, and I did add in some extras to get the cals up....
B; none but my gluc tablet and lots of water
am snack: 1 serving almonds....
L; 1 serving turkey pepperoni, 2 sices colby cheese, 5 strawberries with 1 packet splenda
D; 2 oz spicy sausage scrambled with 2 eggs

Totals...938 calories and 13 carbs

thoughts, changes, etc?/

have a happy day all...<3
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysue24
Stats: 279/250/200 (first goal)/150 (ultimate goal)
WOE: I'll try anything once
Start Date: September 3, 2009
I just ate the soft taco in my fridge that stalked me all day yesterday.
kellysue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysue24 View Post
I just ate the soft taco in my fridge that stalked me all day yesterday.
great job on waiting until your UD...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
great job on waiting until your UD...
Totally bizarre how incredibly full I am now. I feel like I ate 6 of them. My stomach must have shrunk a little yesterday lol. I spent 500 calories on that sucker, so it better fill me up
Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

That is the great thing about this woe KellySue!! If something is tempting you, you only need wait till tomorrow!

Good work!

Lori
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
On my first UD with the Potato Hack. I'm very cold - so much so that I had to put a foil blanket over me to help with the first 10km of my recumbent exercise bike ride.

I pressure-cooked 900g of potato this morning. I had a cold potato for breakfast with pepper and mustard. I've now managed to eat more than half of today's potatoes, hot/warm with vinegar, salt and pepper. Not entirely sure that I will manage to eat 2kg of potato or thereabouts today, which may leave me with a calorie deficit (not what I'm looking for on an UD). I could easily manage the extra calories if I could put sugar or fat with the potato but that doesn't seem to be the plan

I'll see how I get on over the next couple of days - I don't want to end up with a substantial calorie deficit tho'.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

SlowSure, lots of us abandon the JUDDD rotations while doing the potato hack, just eating to satisfaction. You're right, it's REALLY hard to eat UD calories with nothing but potatoes and a few condiments! Good luck with your hack!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
SlowSure, lots of us abandon the JUDDD rotations while doing the potato hack, just eating to satisfaction. You're right, it's REALLY hard to eat UD calories with nothing but potatoes and a few condiments! Good luck with your hack!
Thank you It's quite funny because I was brought up eating a substantial amount of potato every day and I can easily eat several pounds a day, as long as they have some form of fat, sugar or other vegetable with them. It's odd to discover that I thought I adored potatoes but they're not quite the same if I can't prepare them in my usual ways.

I can see the sense of avoiding sugar and fat with the cold potato (assuming the resistant starch is important there) but I'm a little baffled as to why it's necessary to avoid added sugar with the hot potato (in a moderate quantity) if the insulin spike is the desired attribute there. However, I decided to try this out so I ought to give it a reasonable attempt.

Thank you for the encouragement.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hey! Looks like most of us are doing pretty well!

I had a great UD yesterday! I did 30 minutes of walking, 10 minutes on elliptical, perfect on my calories and ate a lot of food/things I enjoy, carbs and all! Love this WOE!!!

I bought more of these Baked Lentil Chips I found at TJMaxx!!! I got sea salt and roasted pepper. They are about 20 something chips for 110 cals if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to have them tonight w/ my tuna salad!!! Must try if you like chips at all!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deboratpc
Stats: 238/203.8/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/07/2013
Quote:
Thank you for the advice friends..I appreciate you all for taking time out to answer me...This is my menu for today, and I did add in some extras to get the cals up....
L; 1 serving turkey pepperoni, 2 sices colby cheese, 5 strawberries with 1 packet splenda

thoughts, changes, etc?/

What is your UD calorie amount? I think 938 is low and you may need to add more. Remember you need to keep your body from going into starvation mode and if you don't get enough calories today, you might have a harder time sticking to your DD calories tomorrow and wish you had eaten more to help you get through. Hope that helps! I think you are doing great so far!!
deboratpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: akilah
Stats: 145/133/120
WOE: zone
Start Date: late october 2012
I am only on my 4th day of JUDDD, but from losing weight by eating 1200 calories a day in the past I only weight myself on the exact same perfect condition..my body is so crazy...no lies...a few months back i weighed myself on a monday morning 12 hours after my last meal, empty bladder, wasn't tmo, and i had quite a bit of sodium im sure the day before...mon-thursday i watched my sodium intake and counted calories (i could have possibly had lost no more than 1.5 pounds of fat)..i kid you not i weighed myself that friday morning..and i was down 8 pounds...8 pounds!! so sometimes it is best to only weigh yourself if you know you have been watching your sodium intake for a few days...i used to get to mad..but then it dawned on me it was because i was eating too much salt thus retaining water
akilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: akilah
Stats: 145/133/120
WOE: zone
Start Date: late october 2012
Quote:

thoughts, changes, etc?/

that seems very low...this # is between you posted UD and DD calorie goal #'s..so I am not sure if that is suppose to be a down day or up day...but it is sooo important to eat enough on your up day..or else your body will adjust and your metabolism will drop big time...i am new to juddd but i know this from eating 1200 calories for weeks and exercising like crazy in the past. If your tdee is 2200 calories, and if you were to eat 500 every other day that means on a low day you would lose 1700 calories (3500 calories=1 pound)..so if you have 3-4 low days a week, you have the potential to lose alot!
akilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

These are my numbers when I do the calculator on the JUDDD site....

DD...442 UD 2209

I know when I did lc before and did atkins, I had to watch my cals close due to some health issues that make it difficult to lose...I never ever hit over 1500 cals...thats why I think this is so hard for me to wrap my mind around, TO EAT lol

I read somewhere that it was ok to not hit your UD or your DD cals, as long as your UD is at least double your DD....My DD yesterday was 233....I sure want to do this correctly....If I need too, I can add in something tonight as a snack to add cals...I just dont want to add carbs, as I know my body hates those...

Thanks for all the help....
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #115
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Stacy you must eat more, or you aren't doing JUDDD. Your body will not let the pounds go if you don't get a good gap between you UDs and DDs.

I see you should be eating over 2,00 on your UDs. Get out the butter and cream if you are determined to stay LC.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Stacy you must eat more, or you aren't doing JUDDD. Your body will not let the pounds go if you don't get a good gap between you UDs and DDs.

I see you should be eating over 2,00 on your UDs. Get out the butter and cream if you are determined to stay LC.
Thanks, I will cook my eggs tonight in butter and after dinner maybe have some peanut butter on celery...

Please be patient, I am really wanting to give this my all...Its just so hard for me to chaneg my mind set after doing very low carb/very low cal for so long, but now wanting a lifetime change instead of that way of short time change....
Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, I will cook my eggs tonight in butter and after dinner maybe have some peanut butter on celery...

Please be patient, I am really wanting to give this my all...Its just so hard for me to chaneg my mind set after doing very low carb/very low cal for so long, but now wanting a lifetime change instead of that way of short time change....
I so feel you. I am giving this a chance and if it works, it's going to be amazing!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

How can I trust online trackers? I am putting everything into it, but what if it's wrong? Either way up or down, if it's wrong, I may not lose. Is it ok to assume it knows the correct amounts for calories. We are going to my parents for dinner and I've plugged everything in, but what if it's wrong??? Everything is from scratch.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysue24 View Post
I so feel you. I am giving this a chance and if it works, it's going to be amazing!
(whispers) It does work.....and it IS amazing!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Stacy, you are doing wonderfully and you will make the adjustment that you need to make to pump up your UD calories to the level they need to be. It is better to slightly overshoot your UD calories than it is to undershoot them. This is because you do not want your body to think that you are starving it....it will make it very difficult/slow to lose weight and will slow your metabolism. Often times it takes going through a few of the UD/DD rotations for your body to adjust to this new way of eating; this is especially true for those of us who have already been doing some form of caloric restriction. Once your body sees that you're not going to starve it, it will get in gear and start shedding the weight. Enjoy the freedom that your UD affords you...guilt free! We are all glad that you are here.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote