Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
My first day as a JUDDDer is complete! I came in a little high....551. Oh well, I'll get my DD eating in line for Sunday. I can't believe how good I felt late this afternoon! No 3 o'clock coma..I was full of energy! I really didn't mind being a bit hungry. I drank a barrel of green tea & water. Luckily, I enjoy my tea without any added sweetner or anything, so no calories there.

I'm SO looking forward to my first UD tomorrow! We're going out for dinner and I'll be sure to save at least 1000 calories for that.

I think I'll only weigh a few times a week instead of daily. Seeing the bounce on the scale may be enough to make me panic and throw in the towel.

I look forward to being an active member of this community. Can't wait to report my first JUDDD loss!

Lori
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Gal View Post
I'm sure this is addressed somewhere, but this is a really fast moving forum and I didn't want to take the time to do a search-I know lazy... but can anyone tell me their experience with weekends? I can see an DD turning into an UD and a UD turning into a UUAD! Any tips, tricks, advice?????? Thanks!
If my DD is Fri & Sun or just Sat I usually try to stay home!! I def dont make any plans for anything that involves eating out or drinking. I also find I like to go to bed earlier on DD esp on weekends.
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Happy to report that today is the weigh in and Day 14 of the induction phase. I'm down seven pounds. I know blah blah blah water weight, but I'm stillexcited. Even with being sick my energy levelhas been great. Happy I found this site and all of you. Happy Friday
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Fantastic Lili!! How exciting!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Welcome to our new friends and congratulations on making it through your first DD or first week and to those thinking of joining this wonderful woe. I don't check in nearly as much as I should to give you the support that was so important to me when I first started JUDDD back in June but I'm always lurking and will pop in from time to time. I couldn't have done it without the support of my JUDDD BUDDDDs. So good on you for having the whatever it takes to jump on board. A few questions I've noted in reviewing this forum and a bit of my learning curve.

I've lost 40 pounds on JUDDD and expect to lose another 40 before I think about maintenance. Maybe I was strange but I lost 14 pounds the first month, three the second, eight the third month. I went into a stall in November and have only lost in February since. I stuck pretty close to my suggested caloric goals for the first few months, then slacked off a bit. I usually keep my DD's to about 500, but my UD's are not near goal and consider that an UUAD.

I'm in 70's so have decided that I really don't want to go to my suggested low of about 350; a personal decision and you'll find what works for you. My exercise level is not nearly what it was when I was younger and having to do a PT test every year or six months.

I'm sure you'll find your way with the metal monster that lurks in most bathrooms and all doctor's offices...when I first started, I tried weighing once a week, then weighed only following a DD. You'll learn that with this woe, The scale she bounces and when you get used to that or can accept it, I weigh every day now and am satisfied with the bounce.

I hope you've taken your measurements and have them stored safely away as so many of us have discovered we lose inches before we lose weight...during my three-month s-word, I continued to lose a few inches and am able to wear a much smaller size clothes. Another truism The pants don't lie. Find something you haven't worn in a while and keep it handy as a goal...

Some of us only count calories on the DD's, others every day...I'm one of those as I use a tracker as my food diary It also helps me keep track of the carbs, protein and fats I'm eating. During my s-word, I didn't notice that much change in what or how much I was eating. I consider that my body was adjusting to the new weight.

I really can't stress enough the value of this board and the JB's help. I wouldn't have made it this far without their help and am looking forward to a long, long relationship with them and you. Hugs to all and sending good vibes.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Happy to report that today is the weigh in and Day 14 of the induction phase. I'm down seven pounds. I know blah blah blah water weight, but I'm stillexcited. Even with being sick my energy levelhas been great. Happy I found this site and all of you. Happy Friday
That is awesome! It surely wasn't all water. You go girl!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
WTG!! Seven lbs is seven lbs!! If it's water weight, then a lot of bloat is gone!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Welcome to all the new JUDDD BUDDs, and congrats on the new losses so far. You guys are gonna love it here. We're a pretty cool bunch
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lili, you're doing great!

Mary - great post! I'm glad to see you around here!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
What a great start Lili, you have done a wonderful job, and most it definitely isn't water. Well done , onwards and downwards.

Lovely post Mary, and an important reminder about the pants! Some BUDDDs even went to the thrift store to buy the next size down so they had a regular pair of Goal Pants. Such a help when the scale isn't playing ball.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

What a warm welcome from everyone...this is great! Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to write that post. I will be rereading it when times get tough!

After my first DD I'm down 2 lbs. So close to onederland I can taste it! I won't be weighing in again until Monday morning, after my next DD. I'm sitting here planning what I'll eat today....my first UD!! I will be having some sort of sandwich for lunch as I haven't had a slice of bread in 2 months! Tonight is out for dinner with the hubby. Sure love this woe so far!

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Lori
Old 03-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #42

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Enjoy your sandwich Lori. Don't be too surprised if you see a bounce adding in carbs. It happens to some, not others. BUT it will only be temporary and then you never need worry about a carb again.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Enjoy your sandwich Lori. Don't be too surprised if you see a bounce adding in carbs. It happens to some, not others. BUT it will only be temporary and then you never need worry about a carb again.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
So nice to see how busy the new peeps sections are these days! Awesome! Welcome to all! I definately concur with sarge, measure yourself often & try on smaller clothes often. I only lost 2# last month, but the inches lost & smaller clothing size tell a different tale. We're talking changes in a 1-2 week period when the scale didn't say so.

Above all else, keep the faith! The evil scale WILL come around so keep plugging on!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Decided against the sandwich...just couldn't eat the bread! Low carb mentality I guess.

I ate a good sized serving of a low carb casserole and 1 girl scout cookie so far today. I'm not feeling too good right now. I don't think my stomach knows what to do with food! I think it was the portion size that was the problem. Need to eat less at a time and just eat more often if I feel like it. I've always been a volume eater, but I need to change that.

Later!
Lori
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Lori, one of the things I added back in when coming off of low carb was yogurt. So glad too, I love it now, and didn't like it much before starting Atkins. I eat it in place of ice cream now.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Decided against the sandwich...just couldn't eat the bread! Low carb mentality I guess.

I ate a good sized serving of a low carb casserole and 1 girl scout cookie so far today. I'm not feeling too good right now. I don't think my stomach knows what to do with food! I think it was the portion size that was the problem. Need to eat less at a time and just eat more often if I feel like it. I've always been a volume eater, but I need to change that.

Later!
Lori
Lori,
I notices this as well. Portions I had no problem with pre-JUDDD will put me on the floor in immense pain. After a few bad experiences I learned to quit while I was ahead. Portion control & learning to survive on less. Less which is actually appropriate...obviously!
Great job on your first down day!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Lori, one of the things I added back in when coming off of low carb was yogurt. So glad too, I love it now, and didn't like it much before starting Atkins. I eat it in place of ice cream now.
I too, love my yogurt. Some of the greek yogurts with tropical fruit are very enjoyable (UD). Dannon greek yogurt is good too. I like the toasted coconut vanilla the best (UD). The dannon light and fit or carb control can be good for DDs. I also like the Yoplait ones that are 90 calories and have a lot of dessert flavors.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tina7234
Stats: 285/278/165
WOE: LC, Atkins '72
Start Date: 1/13/14
Hi all; newbie here. Moving from LC to JUDDD/LC'ish. Couple of questions - I'm still not sure on the DD. I've read where some do the whole day whereas others are from dinner to next day lunch for restrictions... ??

Also, I like the idea of set days as DD's instead of alternating. I.e. MWF would be perfect for my life. Do some of you have set days or find it best to just keep alternating?

Thanks to all for help. I'm going to order the book, but it will take awhile to get delivered.
Tina7234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina7234 View Post
Hi all; newbie here. Moving from LC to JUDDD/LC'ish. Couple of questions - I'm still not sure on the DD. I've read where some do the whole day whereas others are from dinner to next day lunch for restrictions... ??

Also, I like the idea of set days as DD's instead of alternating. I.e. MWF would be perfect for my life. Do some of you have set days or find it best to just keep alternating?

Thanks to all for help. I'm going to order the book, but it will take awhile to get delivered.
During WLM I did strict eod rotations at 20%. In maintence I have fixed DDs. Some people have success losing with fixed DD or with a MD, but over the last year I have seen many more successes with strict eod rotationns. I wanted fast weightloss and didn't want to slow it down any- that's just me. YMMV.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

I have only done EOD rotations, like Carly, with a few exceptions for social events that necessitated a switch using 2 UDs in a row. There are some JBs who are doing set DDs for family reasons & use MDs - perhaps they can speak to their experience. But, also like Carly, I'm highly motivated to Get. This. Weight. OFF!!! So my personal choice is to stick to the EOD as close as I can.
I would guess you will lose with a 4:3, just probably slower than EOD.
Welcome!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! More newbies joining this great woe... and that's the great thing about it, there's room for all. There's a whole bunch of us holding the gate open to Onderland...some of us didn't think we'd ever see it again. Believe me if I can do it, so can you...I know a lot of people say it, but in my case it's true...I'm 72, so far out of shape I was saying, "Round is a shape.", arthritic with very bad knees and back...so, if I can lose it, so can you.

I've pretty much stuck to strict rotations but have added an MD occasionally to adjust for special days. I discovered that it wasn't that good for me and would usually falter in the weight loss for a few days. I've noticed that those who have set DD's have to be really careful to have Friday down, Saturday medium, and Sunday the up day. I'm sure some of our JB's will chime in on this with better advice.

I highly recommend the ol' 'Stick to the program" until you get a few days/weeks under your belt before you start "tweaking." By following the program, you'll really learn what is good for your body and get to know it. Some of us are so out-of-touch with our bodies, it's like meeting a stranger.

I am just so proud of you all losing the weight...just wait until the SIRT's kick in and the DD's become so easy you'll wonder how it got so late without your eating something....and the energy. Oh my, the stories the JB's have told. Can't wait to hear yours. Oh! and the NSV's. I hope you're reading that thread, too. It is such an incentive.

Gotta run for now, but I'll be lurking. Good luck and have a great day.

Last edited by Mssarge; 03-02-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hunterjane
Stats: 160/145/128
Start Date: JUDDD at 150 2/18/13
Younger people lose faster?

Tomorrow will be my two week juddd anniversary! so far, i am in love. I have around 15-20 lbs to lose, 3.5 are gone. I'm 18, so i was wondering if that meant i will lose faster due to my younger metabolism.
Thanks,
Jane
I'm 5'8 and started at 150 lbs.
hunterjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Happy Saturday all my beautiful JUDD Buds

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...Just finished up my grocery shopping next week, menus are pretty much ready and my gluc. came today....I am ready to be rid of the fat....

Stay strong and be tough everyone...your success is awesone

Stacy
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #55

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina7234 View Post

A DD is from the end of your eating on your UD to the beginning of your eating on the UD following. Say you have dinner at 7:00 p.m. on your UD, then your 500 or whatever calories you allow on your DD, spread out however you choose to eat them, then have breakfast the following UD at 7:00 a.m., that's effectively a 36 hour "fast."

YMMV with set DDs. Like others have mentioned, they're tricky and weight loss can be much slower with them. Many of us choose/chose to do EOD rotations with great success.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Well, my first UD has come to a close. To say I'm scared to death is putting it mildly. I kind of ate this and that during the day, including some chocolate and some nuts. Not a lot....

We went out to my favorite place for dinner. I started with a lite beer while perusing the menu. I had about half of a small salad, then chicken parmesan(brought 1/2 home), 2 1/2 slices of garlic bread(!), a glass of wine and then hubby and I shared a slice of Italian Lemon Creme cake. I enjoyed every mouthful, but think I can feel my waist expanding already! Back to a DD tomorrow and then I'll weigh on Monday morning and see what, if any, damage I did today.

You'll have to forgive me as even though I see what great success you've all had, its hard for me to believe this will work for me. I promise to give it my best shot and your guidance and support will be invaluable!

Lori
Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #57

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Lori, it took me a good month or more to really start trusting this plan. I absolutely understand what you're going through.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjane View Post
Tomorrow will be my two week juddd anniversary! so far, i am in love. I have around 15-20 lbs to lose, 3.5 are gone. I'm 18, so i was wondering if that meant i will lose faster due to my younger metabolism.
Thanks,
Jane
I'm 5'8 and started at 150 lbs.
It's hard to answer this since we are all different. Being young certainly can't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Lori, it took me a good month or more to really start trusting this plan. I absolutely understand what you're going through.
I agree totally. I think it took more than a month for me to believe JUDDD and at least 6 weeks to get a real taste of the JUDDD magic beside the weight loss. I started losing right way, but the increased energy, the JUDDD calm and the easy breezy DDs took some time.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, we've all been there...can't believe that this woe will work for me...and surprised when it does. It may take a while, but it'll get 'er done.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Hi all...I asked this on the DD thread, but not sure if anyone is around there, so wanted to ask here before I planned too many menus....Thanks

I was finishing up my meal planning for next week and was wondering if anyone used slim fast shakes for the first few initial DD's?
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote