Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
How do you do that?!?!?!? We went to DL in December for work - our holiday trip. It was, however, a pretty failed scouting mission for the kiddo. We went all the time when I was a kid!

I think they told me Minnie but no Mickey at the Plaza Inn breakfast. Sam loves Cars so I think he's gonna go nuts for CarsLand!

Jealous being so close...wish we were. We'd be there all the time!
Go to City Hall and ask for an autographed picture for your son's birthday. You may have to come back to get it if Mickey or Minnie are not available to sign right then. Aka the person who can sign like them.

He'll LOVE Carsland! They did such an amazing job on it. It's like being in the movie...but it can be really crowded so if you are staying at a DL property take advange of the early entry mornings. They have the cutest Luigi car hats that look like a tire that he may really like! So much fun stuff!

I go there as often as I can! Today was a bit crazy because it's Spring Break time but I just went with the flow and took my patience!
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
Second DD day today and I rocked it!
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #513
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice job Andrea.

I lived in Fullerton back in the 60s, Disneyland was so near but we only went a couple times it seemed so expensive then. Sadly my daughters were too young to remember it.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #514

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
A fellow Disney addict here! I was just at DL today. I live about an hour away, depending on traffic. I have had breakfast at Plaza Inn just recently and I know there were a lot of character interaction however I cannot remember if Mickey and Minnie where there! Darn bad memory! I'll ask the group of friends I was with if they remember and let you know.

If I would have known I could have gotten you an autographed picture from Mickey and Minnie sent it to you for your little one. Those are always fun surprises.

Vicki
We're a few hours away, but have annual passes, so we go several times per year. We're thinking about going Easter Sunday, but not sure how the crowds will be.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
Great!!! KUTGW!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

I lived in Fullerton back in the 60s, Disneyland was so near but we only went a couple times it seemed so expensive then. Sadly my daughters were too young to remember it.
It's even more expensive now but people continue to go...including us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We're a few hours away, but have annual passes, so we go several times per year. We're thinking about going Easter Sunday, but not sure how the crowds will be.
You are not far away...we go through your area when we go to Yosemite which is at least once a year sometimes twice. We are actually getting married there in July.
Maybe we will meet up at DL sometime when you are there. I have never been on Easter Sunday but I know it was very busy/crowded yesterday. We've been there on NYE and it is over-the-top crowded and we've sworn off going again for NYE. If you do go on Easter sunday have a great time!

Luckily yesterday was an UD for my trip to DL. I tried to contain myself but I have so many favorite things to eat.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #517

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Good job!

It's even more expensive now but people continue to go...including us!

You are not far away...we go through your area when we go to Yosemite which is at least once a year sometimes twice. We are actually getting married there in July.
Maybe we will meet up at DL sometime when you are there. I have never been on Easter Sunday but I know it was very busy/crowded yesterday. We've been there on NYE and it is over-the-top crowded and we've sworn off going again for NYE. If you do go on Easter sunday have a great time!

Luckily yesterday was an UD for my trip to DL. I tried to contain myself but I have so many favorite things to eat.
We went NYE once. Never again! Ugh. We've been the week before Christmas and it's pretty mellow.

Let me know when you're in the area and we can have lunch or something. Love Yosemite!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi everyone...so this weekend I went to an "away" hockey tournament with my kids, fasted on Friday until dinner, then proceeded to eat my face off Friday night, saturday and Sunday. I feel bloated and gross...I will have a DD tomorrow and get right back into my rotations...I will weigh next Sunday

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
Hi everyone...so this weekend I went to an "away" hockey tournament with my kids, fasted on Friday until dinner, then proceeded to eat my face off Friday night, saturday and Sunday. I feel bloated and gross...I will have a DD tomorrow and get right back into my rotations...I will weigh next Sunday

Kim
Kim you are doing the right thing by getting back on track. My problems over the past is that I would do it so completely by the book. Then down the road a ways I would get frustrated because I was too strict on myself then when I blew it I really blew it and I would just give up at that point and not get back on track. With a lot more age and a little more wisdom...lol...I try to give myself a break on some occasions then get back on track. My DD will be on Easter but had already made up my mind if it wasn't I wasn't going to restrict myself to the point that I didn't enjoy my family and all the food that I will be fixing. Good luck Kim. susan
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Not sure what I am doing wrong! As of last Thurs I had lost 5.5lbs. But my last two weighs ins (I only weigh after DD's) I've gained .5 each. I am eating up to my calories on my UD and on the last three DD I have fasted except for one cup of coffee with HWC for a total of 65 cals., drinking tons of water. Maybe I should eat some on my DD's? I had eaten on my DD's the first week to about 300 cals and I did lose but I also lost after one DD fast. I'm frustrated! I knew this wouldn't be a fast weight loss and I was willing to accept at least a 1lb a week loss which dosen't seem too much to expect from reading all of the posts here. Any suggestions or tips?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #521
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post

Kim
It happens, Kim! A DD will get you right back on track. Try not to focus on what happened over the weekend and just get right back doing it.

Quote:
Not sure what I am doing wrong! As of last Thurs I had lost 5.5lbs. But my last two weighs ins (I only weigh after DD's) I've gained .5 each. I am eating up to my calories on my UD and on the last three DD I have fasted except for one cup of coffee with HWC for a total of 65 cals., drinking tons of water. Maybe I should eat some on my DD's? I had eaten on my DD's the first week to about 300 cals and I did lose but I also lost after one DD fast. I'm frustrated! I knew this wouldn't be a fast weight loss and I was willing to accept at least a 1lb a week loss which dosen't seem too much to expect from reading all of the posts here. Any suggestions or tips?
You're really SOOO close to your goal, Vicki. It may be slower for you due to that. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I guess if I was going to change anything, it would be to eat closer to your DD calories. No reason to completely deprive yourself if it's not speeding things up (unless DDs are more tolerable w/o food).

You're both doing great! Just keep doing it, trust JUDDD, give it time. It'll happen for you.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

You're really SOOO close to your goal, Vicki. It may be slower for you due to that. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I guess if I was going to change anything, it would be to eat closer to your DD calories. No reason to completely deprive yourself if it's not speeding things up (unless DDs are more tolerable w/o food).

You're both doing great! Just keep doing it, trust JUDDD, give it time. It'll happen for you.
Thanks LCG for the the encouragement! 140lbs seems so far away at this point and I really want to get it off by July for the wedding. I might adjust my goal for July to 145lbs. I'm going to post on the March Weigh-In thread. Maybe seeing it all listed out will give me more of an insight.

Thanks again!

Kim - I am sure that a couple of DD's and you'll be back to your goal weight!

Vicki
Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
JUDDD is about a lot more than just weight loss. So, Vicki, your body is probably doing all sots of magical things that don't show on the scales. Just keep doing the rotations and the next thing you know, your pants will be too big.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Weight loss on juddd is not linear. It's just not the kind of plan where the scale drops every day. I think posting on the daily weigh in thread helped me tremendously, but I didn't get discouraged by the bounce. If the bounce really gets to you some people weigh only once or twice a month and go by how their clothes fit. I wouldn't change anything just yet. I f you are not exceeding your UD calories just try to be patient. The weight loss will happen if you have created a calorie deficit and I'd imagine you have if you are fasting on DDs. Now if you are eating 2000+ calories on your UD that is another story. Just give it some time- it will happen.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #525
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Count me in! I never buy anything that isn't on sale or from a 'vintage' clothes shop.
I found out we have one "upscale" thrift store here in town. I never was a thrift store shopper, but I want to become one. However, it might be a while before I can shop at this one. I called and she said they have size 0 to 14 (some 14s she said). She said, "What size are you?" I said, "Well, I'm between sizes right now." Way between a 0 and an 18.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Disney Update

Dawn & Vicki (and anyone else who cares),
I made reservations for Saturday morning at The Plaza Inn - 8:30 which allows us early entry into the park at 8 without needing the "special" pass thingy. I told them it was his birthday and they asked his name so I'm hoping there may be something special.
I also asked the gal about having Mickey give him a present and she was pretty doubtful. First, it can't be wrapped for security reasons. Which, given what my husband does for a living, I get that. But she also said they really don't like the characters to handle things. So I'm kinda toying with the idea of just taking presents (small, again) to breakfast, or having it in my bag and seeing if I can get them to do it and if not, no big deal. Even if I can get one of Mickey's handlers to give it to him - he'll be 3 - it may be close enough for him to think its from Mickey.
2.5 weeks until we fly out! I'm very excited! I'd really like to be in the 170's by then, even if its 179.9999999. I'm potato hacking right now so its maybe doable...
Vicki - hang in there! I was losing like a rock star, then had a 5# bounce up and I'm slowly chipping away at that. No idea how it happened but I'm feeling and looking better so I know JUDDD is doin' its thang even if the evil metal monster (aka the scale) can't get with the program.

Jen

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I made reservations for Saturday morning at The Plaza Inn - 8:30 which allows us early entry into the park at 8 without needing the "special" pass thingy. I told them it was his birthday and they asked his name so I'm hoping there may be something special.
I also asked the gal about having Mickey give him a present and she was pretty doubtful. First, it can't be wrapped for security reasons. Which, given what my husband does for a living, I get that. But she also said they really don't like the characters to handle things. So I'm kinda toying with the idea of just taking presents (small, again) to breakfast, or having it in my bag and seeing if I can get them to do it and if not, no big deal. Even if I can get one of Mickey's handlers to give it to him - he'll be 3 - it may be close enough for him to think its from Mickey.
2.5 weeks until we fly out! I'm very excited! I'd really like to be in the 170's by then, even if its 179.9999999. I'm potato hacking right now so its maybe doable...
Vicki - hang in there! I was losing like a rock star, then had a 5# bounce up and I'm slowly chipping away at that. No idea how it happened but I'm feeling and looking better so I know JUDDD is doin' its thang even if the evil metal monster (aka the scale) can't get with the program.

Jen
Great, Jen! I'm excited for you all! When we were at Plaza Inn the Fairy Godmother was there and since she is a 'face' character maybe she would be an easier target to ask if she would present the gift(s) to him. I think when you are there with him and they see his cute little face they'll help you out!
One of the girls with us is pregnant and she asked the FGM to rub her tummy for a girl and she did it so you might have a better chance with her. Also Chip took one of the girl's tiara and sunglasses and was walking back and forth with them on waving like a pagent contestant so they were very interactive even with our group of 'old' ladies.

Very exciting! I remember taking my daughter now 23 to DL when she was 4 and they had a birthday party thing with an Alice in Wonderland theme she had a great time.

Thanks for the encouragment. I knew this would not be a quick weight loss and I was willing to go with it and hopefully lose a pound a week. That would get me at least 15 lbs and close to my 145 goal by July but when I've had gains both weigh-ins after fasting DD's it is a bit discouraging.

It's helpful to read others bounces and I'm hoping this is all it is. I have a hard time losing weight since I've gotten olderand finally made some headway when I did HCG and lost 40lbs in two rounds. I really don't want to go back and do another round because it is really rough, it's really hard to have any kind of social life. When I decided to JUDDD I had planned to try it for several weeks and if I didn't make any progress as a last resort I would do HCG in May.

Vicki
Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I found out we have one "upscale" thrift store here in town. I never was a thrift store shopper, but I want to become one. However, it might be a while before I can shop at this one. I called and she said they have size 0 to 14 (some 14s she said). She said, "What size are you?" I said, "Well, I'm between sizes right now." Way between a 0 and an 18.
Yeah, it is kinda hard to find jeans or slacks at the resale shops, their all like a size 4! She asked you what size you were?. I probably would have stammered, uh uh uh lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Jen
Ahhh, you are such a sweet mommie
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:

Very exciting! I remember taking my daughter now 23 to DL when she was 4 and they had a birthday party thing with an Alice in Wonderland theme she had a great time.

I'm kinda hoping they'll be more into it in the moment. So, like I said, I'll take the stuff and we'll see how it goes! I'm gonna hit up Walmart before we go and get some themed party hats and a few other small things to take with us to use. They used to do an afternoon birthday thing, but of course they ended it in March Oh well.

I really don't want to go back and do another round because it is really rough, it's really hard to have any kind of social life. When I decided to JUDDD I had planned to try it for several weeks and if I didn't make any progress as a last resort I would do HCG in May.

Vicki
I was reading some of the HCG stuff on the other boards on LCF and it does sound brutal! The gals that are on it seem to be rocking it but I'm not sure I could do it! I suppose step 1 would be finding the HCG which, as I understand, we're not allowed to discuss and its tough to get a hold of. But I dont expect I'll be trying that route any time soon. I like JUDDD cuz of the relative lack of restrictions, and HCG looks like it has a WHOLE LOT of restrictions! But hat's off to you who can pull it off!!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #531
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I'm happy to report that I have taken the train to "onederland"! What a slow train it was! I'm sure hoping I had a one way ticket and not a round trip! I don't ever want to see that "2" in front of my weight again!

Hope you all had a good start to your week!

Last edited by Lori_:); 03-26-2013 at 05:48 AM..
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #533
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm happy to report that I have taken the train to "onderland"! What a slow train it was! I'm sure hoping I had a one way ticket and not a round trip! I don't ever want to see that "2" in front of my weight again!

mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #534
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I'm happy to report that I have taken the train to "onederland"! What a slow train it was! I'm sure hoping I had a one way ticket and not a round trip! I don't ever want to see that "2" in front of my weight again!

YAY Lori
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skelly50
Stats: 160/135.5/123
WOE: JUDDDD 3/21/13 started at 140
Yay, Lori!!

I just did my third DD and I am LOVING this WOE. Down 4.5 pounds total this morning and I feel fantastic. Super-psyched for a fun and healthy and happy UD.

skelly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Congratulations, Lori. That's great!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!